PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gifts in My Gifts ???

Davdel52
07-14-13, 02:09 AM
Hi, I have an issue where gifts from my neighbours once accepted don't appear in my gifts.
This seems to happen on the first few gifts of the day at refresh time, but then settles down and they start being credited, but not the ones I am missing.

To explain, I am gifted 50, accept, then gift back. On checking my gifts they are not there.
Later, say 30 minutes or so, I accept another 50 and they do appear in my gifts, but not the first ones.

This seems to happen with any and all gifts.

Is this a known issue, is there a solution ?

maguar
07-14-13, 02:24 AM
Um not sure how you're seeing 50 gifts. You can only accept up to 20 gifts each day. Each new game day your newsfeed will show the last 20 gifts you received regardless of whether you've accepted them or not. Once you've gifted everyone on the list back the list will disappear. As you get gifts in that new day they'll appear on your list until you accept or decline them.

nmishii
07-14-13, 02:27 AM
No one has posted that they didn't get credit for the first 50 gifts they accepted. Can you post screenshots of your news feed and before and after gift counts? That should help us see where the problem might be.

Davdel52
07-14-13, 02:43 AM
Um not sure how you're seeing 50 gifts. You can only accept up to 20 gifts each day. Each new game day your newsfeed will show the last 20 gifts you received regardless of whether you've accepted them or not. Once you've gifted everyone on the list back the list will disappear. As you get gifts in that new day they'll appear on your list until you accept or decline them.

Sorry, the 50 was because I was thinking of Capuccino
I understand the 20 Gifts rule.
So if you read my post again, I apologise for not being clear enough.

An example was yesterday.
I had one starting block in "stock" then accepted another one, but that one didn't add to the tally.

Today I believe I lost around 200 Cappucini through this "bug"

maguar
07-14-13, 03:21 AM
Thanks for clarifying :)

I'll ask for one extra clarification (not that you're not being clear but sometimes people do get confused by it). The first one that you accept you're actually pressing the accept button then and there? You didn't accept it earlier in the day?

Did you get getting processing screen? Have you tried force closing and restarting? Or visiting someone before accepting gifts?

Davdel52
07-14-13, 03:59 AM
Thanks for clarifying :)

I'll ask for one extra clarification (not that you're not being clear but sometimes people do get confused by it). The first one that you accept you're actually pressing the accept button then and there? You didn't accept it earlier in the day?

Did you get getting processing screen? Have you tried force closing and restarting? Or visiting someone before accepting gifts?

Yes I am actually pressing the accept button there and then.
No I didn't accept earlier.
No I didn't get the processing screen.
No I haven't tried the other two options you mention.

I do have a theory, but you may have to be patient in reading it.
I am in West Australia, and for me the daily game refresh occurs at 3.00pm
I usually address gifts etc; immediately following the 3.00pm update, within minutes.
That is when I find the issue.
I am wondering if the system and servers at that time may be lagging a little.
I suggest this, as although I haven't tested it ( I will tomorrow ) I believe if I wait until say 3.30pm the problem may not manifest itself.
In other words, I am wondering if it is more a timing issue.

Over to you :)

kianebakes
07-14-13, 05:48 AM
Yes I am actually pressing the accept button there and then.
No I didn't accept earlier.
No I didn't get the processing screen.
No I haven't tried the other two options you mention.

I do have a theory, but you may have to be patient in reading it.
I am in West Australia, and for me the daily game refresh occurs at 3.00pm
I usually address gifts etc; immediately following the 3.00pm update, within minutes.
That is when I find the issue.
I am wondering if the system and servers at that time may be lagging a little.
I suggest this, as although I haven't tested it ( I will tomorrow ) I believe if I wait until say 3.30pm the problem may not manifest itself.
In other words, I am wondering if it is more a timing issue.

Over to you :)

Can't help with your problem, sorry :o but just wanna say, don't leave your gifts unanswered for too long. I experimented and after the 14ish gift, your news feed runs out of space and the earlier stuff falls off never to appear again. Another thing is not to decline gifts too early, the system will at some point count it as a gift and you lose one of your 20 chances.

Davdel52
07-16-13, 08:28 PM
Okay 48 hours on, and I have found a pattern, but I don't understand it.
Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Following the daily update (where I am that is 3.00pm) I find the following scenario takes place.

Say I am gifted 50 Cuppacino.
If the time of the gift is old, say 24 hours, it will not give the option to "Accept" it will only allow "Use Gift"
If I gift back, as I always do, the gift disappears, and does NOT update in "My Gifts"
If I try to use the gift, I find nothing happens, and "My Gifts" are also not updated.

If on the other hand the gifts gives the "Accept" option, usually it is a recent (within minutes) gift, then it does update the "My Gifts" totals.

Why is this so, what is the difference between a gift I can Accept and one I can Use Gift on ?

Any help would be appreciated.

nmishii
07-16-13, 09:02 PM
When the day resets, it'll list all the gifts you accepted the day or so before, one (the last accepted) per neighbor. It'll have "Use Gift" and "Gift Back" buttons. This, I guess, is so you know who to send gifts to. They are not new gifts, they are already accepted gifts.

When you get a new gift for the day (or haven't accepted a gift from the day before), it'll have the "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. These will go in My Gifts.

To me, it really doesn't do anything for me since its easier to go to the neighbor list and just gift everyone.

What is useful is when you send gifts and the neighbor is maxed out. If the neighbor declines a gift and you had tried to send one that day, the neighbor will show up in the list with the "Use Gift" and "Gift Back" buttons, and you can try to send a gift to that neighbor again. Sometimes its off and tells you you can gift back but the neighbor is still maxed out, and will correct itself when the list is refreshed.

Davdel52
07-17-13, 05:36 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your explanation, it helps a lot.

Don't quite follow the logic of the Use & Gift option, as I too just gift all my neighbours in one hit.

However, now I know whats happening, so thanks for that.

KadeeDid
07-17-13, 06:03 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your explanation, it helps a lot.

Don't quite follow the logic of the Use & Gift option, as I too just gift all my neighbours in one hit.

However, now I know whats happening, so thanks for that.

"Use gift" shows if you have already accepted the gift and did not yet gift back. It gives you the option to "gift back". If you already gifted that person, it would not show again.

traellen
09-22-13, 07:56 PM
"Use gift" shows if you have already accepted the gift and did not yet gift back. It gives you the option to "gift back". If you already gifted that person, it would not show again.

This is not strictly true. Even people I have gifted back will show up again in the old list the next day. I gift everyone who gifts me, yet I get the previous day's list repeated consistently, though not all of it. I suppose the list length is limited by how many current gifts are displayed. Some of that old list sticks around for a couple of days. It is a little confusing actually. I would much prefer if the old list went away when you gifted them back.

OnCloudDivine
09-23-13, 08:30 PM
This is not strictly true. Even people I have gifted back will show up again in the old list the next day. I gift everyone who gifts me, yet I get the previous day's list repeated consistently, though not all of it. I suppose the list length is limited by how many current gifts are displayed. Some of that old list sticks around for a couple of days. It is a little confusing actually. I would much prefer if the old list went away when you gifted them back.

If you do not gift strictly at reset (when the game resets at midnight PST), some of your more *popular* neighbors will most likely be full. The system is smart and knows which neighbors are full, often refreshing your news list whilst in the process of accepting/declining pending gifts. The neighbors who are full will often be excluded from your "gift back" list, because the system knows they are already full. The ones whose gifts actually go through, plus the neighbors who have accepted the max amount of gifts, will not show up in the news feed for the rest of the day (unless they become clear by rejecting one of their pending gifts).

traellen
09-24-13, 07:45 PM
If you do not gift strictly at reset (when the game resets at midnight PST), some of your more *popular* neighbors will most likely be full. The system is smart and knows which neighbors are full, often refreshing your news list whilst in the process of accepting/declining pending gifts. The neighbors who are full will often be excluded from your "gift back" list, because the system knows they are already full. The ones whose gifts actually go through, plus the neighbors who have accepted the max amount of gifts, will not show up in the news feed for the rest of the day (unless they become clear by rejecting one of their pending gifts).
I wasn't referring to the newsfeed for the current day. I know how that works. I was referring to the the previous day's information showing up again the next day. It shows up regardless of whether you gifted them the day before or not. That was in repospnse to what the previous posted had said. Please read what I have posted before replying to something unrelated.

OnCloudDivine
09-24-13, 09:23 PM
@traellen: You may not have been referring to the newsfeed for the current day, but the person you quoted was; therefore, your post was irrelevant to the issue they were addressing, and confusing in relation to the replies of the OP. I adequately addressed the misunderstanding and corresponding scenarios to why the "gift back" button would and wouldn't show for the current day. The assumption was made that you already understood that the 20 neighbors whose gift you accepted the previous day show up after the game resets, whether you find it redundant or not. My mistake.