PDA

View Full Version : What's the surprise? Gemstone dragons become breedable

Pages : [1] 2

moostermine
07-12-13, 05:47 PM
Note: Anything mentioned in this thread is pure fun and speculation. Do not assume anything to be truthful unless a Community Manager confirms it.

~FrozenTurtle

The surprise is everyone can breed Gemstone Dragons. You'll want to wait for the final piece to come out next week! ;D

Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55839-Dragon-Story-Update-July-22nd-2013-Gemstone-Dragon) on the new gemstone dragon

We have a thread on the breeding changes, we don't have one for the " Surprise"!
What do you hope this exciting new change is going to be?
What do you think it will be?

Here's what I see as the generally agreed on " Most Wanted":

1. Android/Kindle Parity
2. Large Diamond Habitats

Will it be something we have been asking for? Or something none of us can even imagine?
Thoughts?

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 05:51 PM
I think that this is going to be another one if TLs stupid gold traps

moostermine
07-12-13, 05:53 PM
Ok, let me rephrase, lol! What do you think the intended change will be? Or hope it will be?

picklylily
07-12-13, 05:55 PM
Random results from breeding. Surprise!!!

kwhales
07-12-13, 05:55 PM
Large habitats wouldn't need a breeding change.

Parity? Maybe only if they needed to do some switching around to make the IOS items work on Android/Kindle devices.

No, I think it is something that will benefit TL. Maybe another island that is a 'special island' that needs different breeding results for new dragons that can only go on this island.

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 05:57 PM
I hope it will be
-large diamond habitat
-habitat increase
-new FULL Element
What it will be
-Horible looking dragons
-Habitat that costs millions of coins
-New Gold traps

doop01
07-12-13, 06:00 PM
well, the 2 things you have already written is definitely the most wanted for me. But those would have nothing to do with changing the breeding rules. They have not long released farm story 2, so maybe a complete makeover??? I can't think what it might be to change the breeding so dramatically....

annbluebird
07-12-13, 06:01 PM
dino and rainbow habitats were less expensive. I guess it could be something with diamond breeding, maybe more easy to get. your idea about primary colors is interesting Moo.

doop01
07-12-13, 06:04 PM
Large habitats wouldn't need a breeding change.

Parity? Maybe only if they needed to do some switching around to make the IOS items work on Android/Kindle devices.

No, I think it is something that will benefit TL. Maybe another island that is a 'special island' that needs different breeding results for new dragons that can only go on this island.
the 'special' island idea also makes some sense.

moostermine
07-12-13, 06:09 PM
the 'special' island idea also makes some sense.

Yes! It's a very good thought! Maybe the closest we have seen to the truth!

Also I just had a great suggestion that we have a disclaimer added to the title, saying these are just speculation. So have asked if that should be done.

Edit - I've changed the title. Let me know if you're happy with it - maguar

moostermine
07-12-13, 06:10 PM
well, the 2 things you have already written is definitely the most wanted for me. But those would have nothing to do with changing the breeding rules. They have not long released farm story 2, so maybe a complete makeover??? I can't think what it might be to change the breeding so dramatically....

Gosh! I wouldn't mind a separate game, but I wouldn't want a change in look, like FS2!

aceblade
07-12-13, 06:12 PM
What's in the booooooooooxxxxxxxxx?
:(

[S8] Elsa
07-12-13, 06:14 PM
What's in the booooooooooxxxxxxxxx?
:(

It's a surprise! Can't open the box til early next week.

So far no one's guessed it. :P

moostermine
07-12-13, 06:16 PM

Thanks Pony! Good to know!

doop01
07-12-13, 06:18 PM

NO FAIR!!! lol just whisper the secret to us Pony, promise we won't tell!! ;)

annbluebird
07-12-13, 06:20 PM
resume
what is : something for all platforms / something that we all should enjoy / something with different breeding rules / something that will come next week... ?
do I miss an information?
I give "my tongue to the cat"

doop01
07-12-13, 06:20 PM
How about a whole new set of ultra rares??? Prettier and even more devilish to get than the Diamonds??? NOOO! I'm scaring myself with that thought!!!

musique0214
07-12-13, 06:21 PM

My guess is that Green is no longer being treated as a primary color. Blue plus Yellow can now make Green, which means Green can break down into Blue or Yellow. I would guess Purple would also be treated this way with Red plus Blue (as normal) but can now break down into those colors as well. Maybe we will get an Orange line of dragons out of this then!

kwhales
07-12-13, 06:22 PM

Why don't you make it a contest? Even non dragoneers can play. Whoever correctly guesses, gets gold like in the events and contest thread.

annbluebird
07-12-13, 06:23 PM
How about a whole new set of ultra rares??? Prettier and even more devilish to get than the Diamonds??? NOOO! I'm scaring myself with that thought!!!
sound great! you high levels already have diamonds hybrids :P

igames4me
07-12-13, 06:24 PM
My guess is that Green is no longer being treated as a primary color. Blue plus Yellow can now make Green, which means Green can break down into Blue or Yellow. I would guess Purple would also be treated this way with Red plus Blue (as normal) but can now break down into those colors as well. Maybe we will get an Orange line of dragons out of this then!

Yes that has tool be ittt an orange element

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 07:06 PM

It's gotta be eating you inside just tell us! When is early next week?

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:08 PM
The strange Breeding does seem to relate to the three primary colors. Red yellow blue. So that could be one part of the change. Somehow tied to the Rainbow.

But there has to be something besides just a breeding change.
They have said it will not be:
Black diamond
Android Parity
Large Diamond habitats
New islands
A separate game
Habitat increase
New full element

They have not vetoed:
New ultra rares
- lets add to the list

noir77
07-12-13, 07:11 PM
Good list moo! I would love the new ultra rares to be true (maybe they put all design effort into those hence all the slightly unattractive releases of late?). New green/diamond hybrid please!

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 07:11 PM
The strange Breeding does seem to relate to the three primary colors. Red yellow blue. So that could be one part of the change. Somehow tied to the Rainbow.

But there has to be something besides just a breeding change.
They have said it will not be:
Black diamond
Android Parity
Large Diamond habitats
New islands
A separate game
Habitat increase
New full element

They have not vetoed:
New ultra rares
- lets add to the list

How about
-New Beta Test
-

scottyhaha
07-12-13, 07:15 PM
Maybe a dragon that's give gold by breeding

noir77
07-12-13, 07:16 PM
How about
-New Beta Test
-
Only good if its one for android... To test trading crafting lol

hamadrys
07-12-13, 07:17 PM
I am thinking it may be a second breeding den.
The breeding rules are changed on both den, which make it more difficult to obtain what you want BUT there is a possibility to try more often.
Maybe the second breeding den will work with gold only. Maybe there will be something that will allow the colors to split less (for gold).

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:23 PM
The breeding rules are changed on both den, which make it more difficult to obtain what you want BUT there is a possibility to try more often.
Maybe the second breeding den will work with gold only. Maybe there will be something that will allow the colors to split less (for gold).
Now there's a fresh idea!
And Scotty's gold dragon!
Noir77! New hybrid? Or the return of Quetzal! Maybe possible with breeding diamond and blue yellow?
Funny? Beta test for what? Guess at something you really want!

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 07:40 PM

Now THAT I really really want
Plus bigger Diamond habitat and maybe more nests :p

doop01
07-12-13, 07:42 PM
Yes! That would be awesome, another den!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 07:51 PM
Infinity can be parent again? Pink, black & mythic will not splits when we try for diamond hybrid?

TL will retired Magic, Island, Virtue & Fruitful Yay!

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 07:51 PM
Now there's a fresh idea!
And Scotty's gold dragon!
Noir77! New hybrid? Or the return of Quetzal! Maybe possible with breeding diamond and blue yellow?
Funny? Beta test for what? Guess at something you really want!

Umm dragon Races!
Mega breeding island!
Fountain if youth!
Umm anything else?

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:53 PM
Umm dragon Races!
Mega breeding island!
Fountain if youth!
Umm anything else?
Haha! Very good! Keep them coming!

Infinity can be parent again? Pink, black & mythic will not splits when we try for diamond hybrid?

Well..... Ther is a rumour......!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 07:58 PM
Oh! one more, Dragon stable will be open up and Free for all Yes!!!!!!

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 08:00 PM
Umm Evolution temple that increases breeding rarity!
New Diamond Dragon
Breedable gold giving dragons

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 08:01 PM

Oh no!!!
Don't start that again!!
I already paid 1200 gold to upgrade it

Unless they're willing to refund all my gold back !!!

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:07 PM
Umm dragon Races!
Mega breeding island!
Fountain if youth!
Umm anything else?

Rofl! That would be good since I sold mine!

godofsparkle
07-12-13, 08:08 PM
How about upgraded breeding den ? Costing gold of course, except it is always kind of boosted ( like the one we have to pay 500k coins ) and cutting time needed by half ? ( meh...You wish ! ) ok...I'm kidding, like say 20 % ? :p
Upgraded nest ? Increasing time of limited dragon ? All removed dragon will be back ? Confirmation button for using gold ?

But if it is about breeding rule, I'm guessing level or rarity will be counted from next week. :rolleyes:

tuskmage
07-12-13, 08:11 PM
Oh no!!!
Don't start that again!!
I already paid 1200 gold to upgrade it

Unless they're willing to refund all my gold back !!!

Me too lolx but it's ok :p it will be free for all to hold 25 dragons :P

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 08:11 PM
How about upgraded breeding den ? Costing gold of course, except it is always kind of boosted ( like the one we have to pay 500k coins ) and cutting time needed by half ? ( meh...You wish ! ) ok...I'm kidding, like say 20 % ? :p
Upgraded nest ? Increasing time of limited dragon ? All removed dragon will be back ? Confirmation button for using gold ?

But if it is about breeding rule, I'm guessing level or rarity will be counted from next week. :rolleyes:

Of course! Breeding den will has a upgrade for 500 gold! It'll has the old breeding rules!

knj00
07-12-13, 08:12 PM
Well I'm still going with a new island. All the trouble with the island view the other day makes me think we will have some more space added somehow or I just really want more space. ;)

All the new splitting colors (or whatever they are doing) in no way makes breeding better/easier in my opinion. It will make getting what you want even harder and I don't want to believe TL would make the breeding even harder because it's already hard enough. So I'm also going with a brand new way to breed dragons.... because these new breeding changes are for the birds.

I'm probably totally wrong here but whatever it is I think many people will love it. No matter how mad TL can make us sometimes they do add some great features and this time it will be for everyone.

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 08:13 PM
Of course! Breeding den will has a upgrade for 500 gold! It'll has the old breeding rules!

Did I just say it? LOL, that's the greatest idea from me!

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:15 PM
Did I just say it? LOL, that's the greatest idea from me!

Yup! You said it! And it's an awesome idea!

noir77
07-12-13, 08:20 PM
Evolution den that can result in different evolved dragons! Lol

tuskmage
07-12-13, 08:22 PM
Well I'm still going with a new island. All the trouble with the island view the other day makes me think we will have some more space added somehow or I just really want more space. ;)

All the new splitting colors (or whatever they are doing) in no way makes breeding better/easier in my opinion. It will make getting what you want even harder and I don't want to believe TL would make the breeding even harder because it's already hard enough. So I'm also going with a brand new way to breed dragons.... because these new breeding changes are for the birds.

I'm probably totally wrong here but whatever it is I think many people will love it. No matter how mad TL can make us sometimes they do add some great features and this time it will be for everyone.

What do you mean by TL not making breeding easier for us? Can you imagine how easy is it for us now, that we don't have to think of which 2 dragons we need to put in the den any more? Just pick the 2 dragons we like the most put them in the den & the end result will be the same. How hard it is?

knj00
07-12-13, 08:27 PM
What do you mean by TL not making breeding easier for us? Can you imagine how easy is it for us now, that we don't have to think of which 2 dragons we need to put in the den any more? Just pick the 2 dragons we like the most put them in the den & the end result will be the same. How hard it is?

Hahaha, well since you like it so much you can keep it and take mine too. :p I want a whole new way to the breeding process!!

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:31 PM

Well that would make a lot of extra space! Wouldn't need to keep as many dragons!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 08:37 PM
Yay! next week TL will let every one buy Dianmond with coins & all we need is to use 2 Diamond to breed everything :p Yipy!!! for the diamond less players ;) tatar!!!! Surprise :o

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:42 PM
Yay! next week TL will let every one buy Dianmond with coins & all we need is to use 2 Diamond to breed everything :p Yipy!!! for the diamond less players ;) tatar!!!! Surprise :o

Ha! I just decided yesterday I need a second Diamond! Now my chances of getting it are .......000000000.0000000000001%!
Now what can I do? :(:(:(:(:(:(: :p

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:55 PM
We have another submission! ( full credit to the DragonMaster!)
"...... Before you breed YOU choose what element you are going to get by selecting the element, like on a wheel but the second element depends on the dragons you use as parents. I know it's crazy but....."

So there it is! Everyone know where to give Kudos if this is the correct guess!

godofsparkle
07-12-13, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone, we have a post pertaining to our recent breeding changes here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55525-Breeding-Changes-7-11-13). Please direct all discussion on the matter to that thread. Trust us, that you will enjoy what's coming. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49659-Color-Splitting-Hard-to-Breed/page13

I'm interested with the word 'trust us, you will enjoy what's coming' :)

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:12 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49659-Color-Splitting-Hard-to-Breed/page13

I'm interested with the word 'trust us, you will enjoy what's coming' :)

You don't have to trust any body, You don't need to trust TL... But you have to trust Mr. Turtle, becasue he never lies ;) If he telling you will enjoy the up coming things. You will enjoy it, unless you are not playing DS anymore :o

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:25 PM
You don't have to trust any body, You don't need to trust TL... But you have to trust Mr. Turtle, becasue he never lies ;) If he telling you will enjoy the up coming things. You will enjoy it, unless you are not playing DS anymore :o

Of coarse we will enjoy it! It will be a challenge! A mountain to climb! A race to run! That is what a game is about! The joy is in the playing, not the winning!( You WILL be assimilated!)

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:28 PM
I hope they'll do something about rarity and level in breeding den

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:29 PM
Or the result must take one of the parents colors, ex: can't get Island from Island and Fire

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:32 PM
Or the result must take one of the parents colors, ex: can't get Island from Island and Fire

Yes that would be nice! I couldn't believe it when that stopped working!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:35 PM

What Island? TL going to retire Island as one of the surprise for us.

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:38 PM

LOL, OK another example, can't get Mercury from Mercury and Air

dalexxx
07-12-13, 09:39 PM
1. New island to expand to.
2. TL will restart all progress to make equality
3. DS will be down for a month to apply the parities for android :: )

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:41 PM
And firestorm, coral and mist!

LOL, OK another example, can't get Mercury from Mercury and Air
I will take all the Mercury they want to give me! But I know what you mean!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:46 PM
1. New island to expand to.
2. TL will restart all progress to make equality
3. DS will be down for a month to apply the parities for android :: )

No!!!!!!!!!!!!! DS down for month???? What Am I going to do??? for that month???? Gosh!!:rolleyes: That's not cool... like you are talking me as a fish out of the water :mad:

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:49 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!! DS down for month???? What Am I going to do??? for that month???? Gosh!!:rolleyes: That's not cool... like you are talking me as a fish out of the water :mad:

Breathe Tusky! It's ok! It's just a guess! Nobody is going to take your pretties away! But think of all the happy caretakers there would be!

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:49 PM
And firestorm, coral and mist!

I will take all the Mercury they want to give me! But I know what you mean!

Umm, what?

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:53 PM
Umm, what?

I was just saying they could take away all those common hybrids!
And then I was joking, I like mercuries, so I don't mind if I get more. But I knew that you were just saying they shouldn't take both colors from the same parent.

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:58 PM
Breathe Tusky! It's ok! It's just a guess! Nobody is going to take your pretties away! But think of all the happy caretakers there would be!

But the world is keep moving on everyday :mad: DS needs to improve everyday as the world is turning... How could we not improving the game playing to keep so many IOS player happy. instead stop improving to keep a few android players happy???

dalexxx
07-12-13, 09:59 PM

hee i wouldnt mind as long as there would be parity. We have 3 android platforms and 1 IOS. there really is a huge difference between the two platforms so we wouldnt mind if TL will take a month to have the parities solved :: )

been breeding dino x dino continously last night and got like 15 fires and 10 forest then came a 26 hrs dawn tree :: (

anyway its just a guess...

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 10:01 PM
I was just saying they could take away all those common hybrids!
And then I was joking, I like mercuries, so I don't mind if I get more. But I knew that you were just saying they shouldn't take both colors from the same parent.

Yes, they shouldn't take both colors from same parent, if they do, How can they call it "Breed"?

moostermine
07-12-13, 10:02 PM
But the world is keep moving on everyday :mad: DS needs to improve everyday as the world is turning... How could we not improving the game playing to keep so many IOS player happy. instead stop improving to keep a few android players happy???

iOS players want the world to slow down! They want to stop and smell the Rose Dragons! And enjoy what they have, and catch up with the dragons they don't have! Then when we are all on par, we can skip joyfully down the yellow brick road, together!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 10:04 PM
hee i wouldnt mind as long as there would be parity. We have 3 android platforms and 1 IOS. there really is a huge difference between the two platforms so we wouldnt mind if TL will take a month to have the parities solved :: )

been breeding dino x dino continously last night and got like 15 fires and 10 forest then came a 26 hrs dawn tree :: (

anyway its just a guess...

Trying for Triceratops?? dino x dino is how I got my Triceratops. But that's before this mess of color coding :mad:

tuskmage
07-12-13, 10:10 PM
iOS players want the world to slow down! They want to stop and smell the Rose Dragons! And enjoy what they have, and catch up with the dragons they don't have! Then when we are all on par, we can skip joyfully down the yellow brick road, together!

But Android players needs to appreciate what the Ios have sacrifice for them. Ios players don't mind to be guinea pig to let the Andriod player see the future of DS :rolleyes:

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 10:20 PM
But Android players needs to appreciate what the Ios have sacrifice for them. Ios players don't mind to be guinea pig to let the Andriod player see the future of DS :rolleyes:

I don't even want those features, I just want the dragons

moostermine
07-12-13, 10:21 PM

Hey! That's true! Never thought of it that way! Good point! It's like iOS are testing the parachutes, to make sure they are safe! Cool! I never realized I was such a brave soul!

Any way, lol, happy guessing, friends! You can shake the box, but no peaking! I gotta sleep real life and all that, comes early! Good nite!

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 10:23 PM
Hey! That's true! Never thought of it that way! Good point! It's like iOS are testing the parachutes, to make sure they are safe! Cool! I never realized I was such a brave soul!

Any way, lol, happy guessing, friends! You can shake the box, but no peaking! I gotta sleep real life and all that, comes early! Good nite!
Good night Moo! I know it's 11 pm there!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 10:24 PM
Good night Henry :)

moostermine
07-12-13, 10:25 PM
Good night Moo! I know it's 11 pm there!

Thx! Henry! Lunchtime for you? Have a great day!

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 10:25 PM
LOL, I mean it's 11 pm Moo's time! It's 12 pm here

tuskmage
07-12-13, 10:27 PM
LOL, I mean it's 11 pm Moo's time! It's 12 pm here

No I mean I'm going to bed lolx. it's 10:30 PM here :)

dalexxx
07-12-13, 10:31 PM
Trying for Triceratops?? dino x dino is how I got my Triceratops. But that's before this mess of color coding :mad:

trying for tricera/rex/ptero :: (

i guess green will be a hybrid element now as combining blue and yellow in reality equals green...

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 10:37 PM
LOL, this thread become quite in my afternoon.. I'm lonely now..

sunkalito
07-12-13, 10:44 PM
ALL DRAGONS WILL NOW BE WEARING HULA-HOOPS? Nope? Another guess then...

We're having a Creepy Pasta dragon story version, what with mother nature going insane? No? Ah well.... xD

FREE DIAMONDS! FREE DIAMONDS FOR EVERYONE WHO'S PLAYED SO BLOODY LONG (like myself) AND STILL HAS NONE. Not that either? Bah!

We'll get actual chickens from the eggs? So we can make breakfast. Well, i never eat eggs at breakfast but you know the drill. Ah, negative again.

We'll see a new caretakes with piercings and tattoos trying to get the dragons to learn to skate? ... Dragons can't skate? Baloney!

We are all getting an iPhone 5 by mail, with an included case featuring the most beautiful dragon ever - titan's butt-rubbing phase? A girl can dream.

Or maybe....

All the removed dragons will be released at once, for five days, and chaos ensues? It'll be like an all-you-can-eat with perfectly random breeding rules! Lol

Or

We'll be able to trade dragons with our neighbors, hence the insane and random change in breeding rules? Lol. If only. I'd be conflicted about this though; there' nothing like the challenge of breeding. But if breeding has no rhyme and reason to it, that fun kind of flies out the window.

I like peanut butter. Maybe we'll have a new food called peanut, another called butter, and we can use them to craft wonderful foods and turn DS into a cooking game, since the breding's gone out the bloody window...

doop01
07-12-13, 11:33 PM
ALL DRAGONS WILL NOW BE WEARING HULA-HOOPS? Nope? Another guess then...

We're having a Creepy Pasta dragon story version, what with mother nature going insane? No? Ah well.... xD

FREE DIAMONDS! FREE DIAMONDS FOR EVERYONE WHO'S PLAYED SO BLOODY LONG (like myself) AND STILL HAS NONE. Not that either? Bah!

We'll get actual chickens from the eggs? So we can make breakfast. Well, i never eat eggs at breakfast but you know the drill. Ah, negative again.

We'll see a new caretakes with piercings and tattoos trying to get the dragons to learn to skate? ... Dragons can't skate? Baloney!

We are all getting an iPhone 5 by mail, with an included case featuring the most beautiful dragon ever - titan's butt-rubbing phase? A girl can dream.

Or maybe....

All the removed dragons will be released at once, for five days, and chaos ensues? It'll be like an all-you-can-eat with perfectly random breeding rules! Lol

Or

We'll be able to trade dragons with our neighbors, hence the insane and random change in breeding rules? Lol. If only. I'd be conflicted about sparkles nbr :) though; there' nothing like the challenge of breeding. But if breeding has no rhyme and reason to it, that fun kind of flies out the window.

I like peanut butter. Maybe we'll have a new food called peanut, another called butter, and we can use them to craft wonderful foods and turn DS into a cooking game, since the breding's gone out the bloody window...

You're PRICELESS!!! Lol!!!
I especially love the creepy pasta dragon story edition........fusilli Fruitful anyone??? :D

doop01
07-12-13, 11:35 PM
LOL, this thread become quite in my afternoon.. I'm lonely now..

I'm still awake Henry! :) only afternoon here too!!

dalexxx
07-13-13, 01:39 AM
theyre releasing a troll dragon cause the breeding rules is getting trolled too :: 3

jeroen1975
07-13-13, 02:09 AM
I defenitaly hope the big surprise will be that Android will get the same possabilaties as Ios, so storage, trading and arena!
It realy sucks to sell nice dragons for just a few coins, so please TL, take care of all your Androidplayers now!

1LPme
07-13-13, 02:30 AM
Alright!! No more gold buying, sweetttt!!! Free stable, yay, TL FINALLY doing good for us DS players!!

07-13-13, 02:58 AM
You all are brats. Ha! I love it. Keep up the gold ideas. They're keeping me going as I refrain from pulling out my hair over these dumb rules. Put diamond and Dino in the den and have What is, most likely, a crusader fail. Another mist just went into the nest. I'm tired.

montrianmaster
07-13-13, 06:21 AM
Umm dragon Races!
Mega breeding island!
Fountain if youth!
Umm anything else?

I don't mean to be accusatorial but the dragon races was my idea right.

funnyrandomness5112
07-13-13, 07:12 AM

Yes ;D

igames4me
07-13-13, 07:13 AM

actually that was the other dragon game idea

moostermine
07-13-13, 07:14 AM
I've got it!
Green is messed up right!
We want quetzal back, right?
It will come back but it will be a Jade Quetzal! Breedable with yellow/ blue/ diamond!

igames4me
07-13-13, 07:18 AM
the surprise is since breeding is harder we can now gift 10 gold instead of 3 lol

One_Piece_
07-13-13, 07:44 AM

LOL, I think it's not just your idea

sunkalito
07-13-13, 08:42 AM
Way to be picky. "this was my idea! That was my idea!"
Well, go ahead and register it and then sell it off to companies to make cash. :p

montrianmaster
07-13-13, 08:52 AM
LOL, I think it's not just your idea

oh, I did not see any other suggestions for dragon races. I did not know it was already suggested http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51338-Dragon-Story-Suggestion-Thread/page70

hamadrys
07-13-13, 09:13 AM
That's really no big deal. More than 1 person can have the same idea. It happens all the time :)

One_Piece_
07-13-13, 09:41 AM
oh, I did not see any other suggestions for dragon races. I did not know it was already suggested http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51338-Dragon-Story-Suggestion-Thread/page70
I mean IN THIS WORLD not in this forum ;)

That's really no big deal. More than 1 person can have the same idea. It happens all the time :)
Yup!!

Saieen
07-13-13, 11:17 AM
I'm starting to think the surprise is you have a greater possibility of getting a common dragon regardless of what you put in the breeding den. Ever since the new breeding rules took effect, I have been getting nothing but common dragons (not like that's a change from before...). What would be nice is if they let you trade your dragons without having to evolve them to level four, or maybe they will let us have another evolution temple...

[S8] Elsa
07-13-13, 02:17 PM
Hm...no correct guesses yet. I'll check back tomorrow to see if anyone's gotten any warmer!

@sunkalito: As amazing as a hoola hooping Dragon would be, I imagine the Caretaker who has to train them would go bats.

theyre releasing a troll dragon cause the breeding rules is getting trolled too :: 3

The Troll Dragon's release was unrelated. It did cross mind that the timing might not be the best and I do hope no one felt trolled. ;<

scottyhaha
07-13-13, 02:24 PM
I like surprises but only good one!!!

doop01
07-13-13, 02:48 PM
Still nobody has it?!?!
Then I'm gonna have to go with my abduction theory. Aliens are going to take everyone's dragons!!! We all have to start over from level 0!!!

sunkalito
07-13-13, 02:59 PM
Hm...no correct guesses yet. I'll check back tomorrow to see if anyone's gotten any warmer!

@sunkalito: As amazing as a hoola hooping Dragon would be, I imagine the Caretaker who has to train them would go bats.

The Troll Dragon's release was unrelated. It did cross mind that the timing might not be the best and I do hope no one felt trolled. ;<

You're always so happy about knowing stuff we don't. Evil pony. :p
And they should be neon-colored hula hoops, for better visual effect and the bonus of making people's eyes bleed. ;p

About the timing: oh, ya think?? XD ahahaha, yeah, not the best time but hey... Guess we're always being trolled one week or another. :3

hahadrago1998
07-13-13, 03:07 PM
New set of ultra rares?

moostermine
07-13-13, 03:36 PM
And they should be neon-colored hula hoops, for better visual effect and the bonus of making people's eyes bleed. ;p

About the timing: oh, ya think?? XD ahahaha, yeah, not the best time but hey... Guess we're always being trolled one week or another. :3
How about glow stick Hula hoops?

But Pony? Are you actually going to TELL us if we are getting warm?

And Doop my dear, if the ETs do take my dragons, they better take me too! Or there is going to be an inter-galactic incident!

doop01
07-13-13, 03:41 PM

And Doop my dear, if the ETs do take my dragons, they better take me too! Or there is going to be an inter-galactic incident!

Hehe I can picture you getting all 'Terminator' on them!!! :D

hamadrys
07-13-13, 04:02 PM
It will be like this : you have to breed the opposite of what you want.
You want light, breed night. You want red, breed purple.
We'll just have to figure out what is the opposite of what. Take a color spectrum wheel like the dragonmaster suggested and start calculation.
Degree in quantum physics preferred for success. Otherwise, just close your eyes and throw the dart, rofl.

knj00
07-13-13, 04:09 PM
Ok, I see Pony has shot down all the ideas... so I'm going with a giant catastrophe. We will open our games next week and there will have been a huge tsunami, ice age, or maybe a large meteor strike. All ours dragons will be wiped out and we must start all over with new dragons and new rules. :p

hamadrys
07-13-13, 04:10 PM
Ok, I see Pony has shot down all the ideas... so I'm going with a giant catastrophe. We will open our games next week and there will have been a huge tsunami, ice age, or maybe a large meteor strike. All ours dragons will be wiped out and we must start all over with new dragons and new rules. :p

OMG, my babies !!! *holding chest with one hand while having a meltdown*

knj00
07-13-13, 04:13 PM

Lmbo, this is TL anything could happen. ;)

awsumum
07-13-13, 04:13 PM

NOOOOO!

You're all giving me nightmares :)

I don't wana start over (I'm not that attached to fruitful, but I've got a full set)

Maybe they'll bring out the two missing stone dragons out at once (a girl can dream!)

awsumum
07-13-13, 04:15 PM

LOL! I feel your pain, Hamadrys, I really do

knj00
07-13-13, 04:18 PM
Ok, Ok we get to keep our dragons after the catastrophe. They are dragons after all they can handle it.:p

Two missing Stone and Dino types would be nice. :)

doop01
07-13-13, 04:18 PM

It's ok!!! Breath.....it's alllll gonna be just fine.....

picklylily
07-13-13, 05:00 PM

Love this! ^^

I think there will be... NO SURPRISE!!!

moostermine
07-13-13, 05:03 PM
Ooooo! Or the dragons will be the catastrophe! Ice age dragon, tsunami dragon.....

But like Hamadrys says, we could be looking at a form of what DT says a cross between random chance and the need for Sheldon to come tell us what dragons to breed!

And yup, doop! Tell your alien buddies to keep their tentacles off my dragons! My phaser is NOT set on stun!

igames4me
07-13-13, 05:32 PM
We are going to be able to trade dragons with neighbors

hahadrago1998
07-13-13, 05:51 PM
Maybe they will make new dragon forms. Like dragons will go past level 10 to level 14 and that's adds a new form for the dragon. E.g. You can evolve your epic fire dragon to legendary form (or legend form). The dragon can be evolved to level 14 with more food and once level 14 it will change form as usual and earn more coins/gold.

hamadrys
07-13-13, 05:53 PM
Maybe they will make new dragon forms. Like dragons will go past level 10 to level 14 and that's adds a new form for the dragon. E.g. You can evolve your epic fire dragon to legendary form (or legend form). The dragon can be evolved to level 14 with more food and once level 14 it will change form as usual and earn more coins/gold.

Very good idea. And maybe level 14 dragons would have more chance of breeding Super rares.

drahmedrob
07-13-13, 06:09 PM

This is genius. Teamlava better be taking notes.

kwhales
07-13-13, 06:15 PM
Don't know why they would need to change breeding rules, but maybe we are getting our fountain of youth.

Hey I would just like to be able to get passed level 4 without evolving.

mindymonkey
07-13-13, 07:13 PM
Well I am just hoping out of it all in great expectations they are fixing color splitting for black,pink, ect. I have been playing for a year or so and there are some dragons I just cant breed :( also. I think everyone will get something good out of this special change or TL would'nt be saying "special change for everybody" I hope everyone is happy with it because of all the frustration on the forums for months now:-) Good luck to everyone.

HenryLucky1
07-13-13, 07:56 PM
Don't know why they would need to change breeding rules, but maybe we are getting our fountain of youth.

Hey I would just like to be able to get passed level 4 without evolving.
You can see Jake's wall about that out-dated function. I asked him about that and he answered ;)

dreamydragon02
07-13-13, 08:15 PM
I think that we should be able to grow more food, like who eats 5 fruits anymore? Start planting by the thousands, specially the way these dragons eat. Get rid of low food farms and make massive change. Also we should be able to trade dragons with neighbors lol, and we should have more expansions and decorations.

dalexxx
07-13-13, 08:42 PM
yup, could be evolutions past level 10.

a dragon death match perhaps? and you get a special gift or reward? or summon that defeated dragon to your island?

noir77
07-13-13, 09:02 PM
Maybe there will be a new class of rarity?

HenryLucky1
07-13-13, 09:05 PM
Maybe there will be a new class of rarity?
Mega rare? Giga rare? Tera rare? lol

hahadrago1998
07-13-13, 09:07 PM
Mega rare? Giga rare? Tera rare? lol

Legendary

hahadrago1998
07-13-13, 09:12 PM
Does this have anything to do with stormie?

moostermine
07-13-13, 09:19 PM
Legendary
I like it!

Does this have anything to do with stormie?

Has anyone been to stormies island lately? Someone want to check there for clues?
(Writing story on another tab, don't have time to check!) ( I better get back to it!)

doop01
07-13-13, 09:23 PM
Had a look Moo, couldn't see anything.

funnyrandomness5112
07-13-13, 09:28 PM
Yupp hasn't changed since Easter update!

kwhales
07-13-13, 09:44 PM
You can see Jake's wall about that out-dated function. I asked him about that and he answered ;)

I know. But one could hope. I don't mind the short evolutions but the long ones are ****ers.

hgar24
07-13-13, 10:06 PM
If the surprise is raising the dragon levels past 10 do you think every single dragon will have a new evolved look as well as a new back ground story cause it seems like a lot unless they play to just raise the level on the dragons and nothing else.

I'm thinking that they will raise the level of the dragons but to go along with something else!

I hope we are not thinking too big and end up being disappointed in the end! lol

moostermine
07-13-13, 10:20 PM
Oh I'm sure we are thinking too big AND will be disappointed!
Everything we have mentioned is basically the things we want most, at the beginning, and gradually working its way down to things that would be kinda cool,but eh!, we really don't need or particularly care about.
And they have all been shot down.
I'm afraid it would take something pretty spectacular, to make up for saying NO, to every single thing on our wish list.
It takes a lot to dash my hopes or " crush my dreams" but I'm starting to feel quite salt and peppered. (Dash of salt....crushed pepper.....)

AlisinChanes
07-14-13, 12:04 AM
Are they changing breeding based on how colors are really supposed to mix? I bred Mind volt and Firestorm and ended up with Magic (which makes sense if TL is going the route above). I also noticed blue and yellow giving green outcomes. I kind of hope this is so because the current breeding rules are a headache. This would make breeding much easier for everyone.

knj00
07-14-13, 02:38 AM
Are they changing breeding based on how colors are really supposed to mix? I bred Mind volt and Firestorm and ended up with Magic (which makes sense if TL is going the route above). I also noticed blue and yellow giving green outcomes. I kind of hope this is so because the current breeding rules are a headache. This would make breeding much easier for everyone.

Magic is a common outcome for Mindvolt and Firestorm and is not related to this change. You are correct blue+yellow has been giving green. It seems like green and/or blue is showing up in a lot of places. :)

scottyhaha
07-14-13, 03:23 AM
Maybe when you have pink/green on the den pink will break down to pink/red/white and green is green/yellow/blue then we have all 6 colors in the breeding den. That will be a nightmares of surprises!!

alyssafriends
07-14-13, 04:48 AM
I think they will break everything down to the primary colors red, green and Blue...maybe white too. All other colors will break down and recombine based on these. TL will allow you to pay gold to keep them from breaking down. Oh and they will put some nice new decorations in there so that people don't scream to loudly.

alyssafriends
07-14-13, 07:01 AM
Magic is a common outcome for Mindvolt and Firestorm and is not related to this change. You are correct blue+yellow has been giving green. It seems like green and/or blue is showing up in a lot of places. :)

You don't even need yellow to get green. Pink + black = island Very odd...

camelot7
07-14-13, 07:54 AM
Maybe if we have an extra Diamond they will let us trade it with some gems and craft it into a hybrid like gold or Mercury, depending on which ones you are using. LOL.

yayacupcake
07-14-13, 08:09 AM
What I want? Android parity. Period.

What I speculate? Not Android Parity.

TL stated that it would make the changes make sense.... maybe access to a second " Mythic " island that have a separate breeding den and these elements being the new basic elements/colors. That way they could expand on the the mythic elements and remove this whole stupid splitting business...

tuskmage
07-14-13, 10:15 AM
Ok! Next week TL going announce a new set of breeding rules = more possible failure to the player & totally benefit to TL. The surprise is we will continue to complain & still not quitting this game. Yay!:rolleyes:

hamadrys
07-14-13, 10:28 AM
It must have something to do with the Island dragon. This specific one is found everywhere in the breedings...

Saieen
07-14-13, 10:58 AM
Ok, this wasn't my idea, but I read somewhere that craft able dragons are the reason for the split colors. I have been breeding my ruby and peacock, and each time I got a strange outcome, like a life dragon, coral dragon, island dragon etc. I then put my fire dragon and magic dragon in the den and I got the regular charm dragon outcome. So maybe the surprise is the craft able dragons (ruby, sapphire, lotus, etc) can give you various outcomes, only the "pure" dragons (water, fire, air Forrest) can give you the correct outcomes. I could be wrong, but for the most part, it seems like the people who are getting strange outcomes have bred with a craftable dragon. I could be wrong, but it seems plausible...

hamadrys
07-14-13, 12:43 PM
That's a great idea, but remember Pony said the surprise would be multi platform, so for Ios, Android and Kindle.
Unless Android and Kindle finally get the craftable dragons + the crazy surprise breedings from them...

rubyjeen
07-14-13, 12:47 PM
Seems like island dragon is happening a lot, so maybe that's a hint that we will be getting another island. Maybe a special magical breeding island. Habitat limit increase? Is this guess any closer, ponyroar?

teogionia
07-14-13, 01:08 PM
I am sure Dragon Storys mods are doing analysis, my long playing IOS nbrs sold there pure colored dragons as soon as they crafted ones with the same pure element, I think they know this pretty well, craftable dragon acting strangely is one more step to push as buy habitats with gold, what we will do if we don't want them to spilt? But I dont think this is a surprise, Let me correct, I hope this is not it, i am so sure surprise is something we have never asked for and none of us can imagine and all of us will injoy
Let it be like this TL

doop01
07-14-13, 01:11 PM
If it's only the crafted dragons acting weird with the breeding then maybe there will be new dragons, only available using them. Special crafted dragon hybrids???

N13L5R
07-14-13, 01:13 PM
I think android is getting the tradingportal, the suprise for all of us is that colors don't split any more (or split less) and that there are coming new dragons that only can be bred with craftable dragons.

N13L5R
07-14-13, 01:15 PM
If it's only the crafted dragons acting weird with the breeding then maybe there will be new dragons, only available using them. Special crafted dragon hybrids???

You were quicker with the same idea, this must be it ;-)

moostermine
07-14-13, 01:20 PM
Or.......crafted dragons only give wonky common breeding, so iOS players don't have a breeding advantage while using them.
But I like the idea of them giving special dragons IF Android were to get trading and crafting.

Another thing I haven't seen brought up is Metal Dragons. Nothing to do with wonky breeding but....

Saieen
07-14-13, 01:21 PM
Well, I feel like we are finally getting somewhere. It seems like whatever this "surprise" is, our craftable dragons breeding outcomes will be effected. How this makes the game better, I don't know, but maybe it's like doop01 said, where we might be getting special crafted dragon hybrids. Who knows...

badger8
07-14-13, 01:22 PM
That's a great idea, but remember Pony said the surprise would be multi platform, so for Ios, Android and Kindle.
Unless Android and Kindle finally get the craftable dragons + the crazy surprise breedings from them...

That's kind of what I was thinking...(and hoping!)

sunkalito
07-14-13, 01:27 PM

That would be the best news!! But I'm still quite aprehensive about it...
I got a wacky breeding with a craftable: fire + emerald = 20.

Saieen
07-14-13, 01:36 PM
That would be the best news!! But I'm still quite aprehensive about it...
I got a wacky breeding with a craftable: fire + emerald = 20.

I think it's an island...

spree9387
07-14-13, 01:38 PM
I hope they make the dragon feeding equal across the board, like in Dawn Tree (and now that's disappearing, too). 5600 per bite for a Dawn Tree in Rainbow Edition at level 8 is ridiculous when it's 500 at the same level in DT.

camelot7
07-14-13, 01:55 PM
Another breeding den, evolution temple, island, and no more mystic maps!!!!

camelot7
07-14-13, 01:58 PM
We also need a way to more food, our dragons are hungry little buggers! Maybe they are upgrading our farms? and making the feeding prices the same across both platforms?

07-14-13, 01:59 PM
We also need a way to more food, our dragons are hungry little buggers! Maybe they are upgrading our farms? and making the feeding prices the same across both platforms?

I'd love if they did that. A Joan Rivers refresher across the board.

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 02:16 PM
it seems as though the random colors that keep poping up only come from dragons that are craftable or non-breedable

[S8] Elsa
07-14-13, 05:52 PM

Nah, I just figure since you guys have to wait we could play a guessing game with it.

Feels toasty in here. ^_^

Oh I'm sure we are thinking too big AND will be disappointed!
Everything we have mentioned is basically the things we want most, at the beginning, and gradually working its way down to things that would be kinda cool,but eh!, we really don't need or particularly care about.
And they have all been shot down.
I'm afraid it would take something pretty spectacular, to make up for saying NO, to every single thing on our wish list.
It takes a lot to dash my hopes or " crush my dreams" but I'm starting to feel quite salt and peppered. (Dash of salt....crushed pepper.....)

Guesses that haven't been correct doesn't mean they're shot down for the future, just that it's off the mark for the surprise. :P

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 05:55 PM

oh? so lets throw some more spaghetti at the wall till a noodle finally sticks!

moostermine
07-14-13, 05:59 PM
Nah, I just figure since you guys have to wait we could play a guessing game with it.

Guesses that haven't been correct doesn't mean they're shot down for the future, just that it's off the mark for the surprise. :P

Thanks Pony, that actually sounds really promising, we appreciate it!

kwhales
07-14-13, 05:59 PM
Feels toasty in here. ^_^ :P

Hmm. Fire rules. Bonfire? umm. Gloves, mittens, oohh smores.

hamadrys
07-14-13, 06:07 PM
Free chocolate for everybody ?
Let me e-mail you my address asap ,lol.

moostermine
07-14-13, 06:11 PM
Free chocolate for everybody ?
Let me e-mail you my address asap ,lol.
Chocolate! Yay!

Hmm. Fire rules. Bonfire? umm. Gloves, mittens, oohh smores.

Mmmmmmm! All warm and comforting! Happy now!

hamadrys
07-14-13, 06:12 PM
So what were we getting "toasty" about exactly ? LOL. Tomorrow will tell for sure. I am actually quite impatient about this...

badger8
07-14-13, 06:13 PM
((Sniff sniff))
Smell that? I smell s'mores AND parity!

Spiceshirl
07-14-13, 06:22 PM
The surprise is a guess that egg? I don't know how I got it? Help I expect surprises but it's another another island!!! The surprise is there is no surprise we change the rules..... Surprise!!!!

moostermine
07-14-13, 06:31 PM
((Sniff sniff))
Smell that? I smell s'mores AND parity!
Lets have a Parity Party!

So what were we getting "toasty" about exactly ? LOL. Tomorrow will tell for sure. I am actually quite impatient about this...
I would say the changes in breeding regarding craftys for sure. Possibly Android getting T and C as well. Don't start holding you breath yet! They may release it on a different day! Maybe just Troll tomorrow!

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 06:48 PM
Lets have a Parity Party!

I would say the changes in breeding regarding craftys for sure. Possibly Android getting T and C as well. Don't start holding you breath yet! They may release it on a different day! Maybe just Troll tomorrow!
I'm hoping it's that, because if the strange outcomes only come from craftable/non-breedable dragons and android/kindle doesn't get trade portal/spell shop then we won't be able to use the new rules! ....without buying....of course

kwhales
07-14-13, 07:01 PM
OMG I got it. A dragon cave. Nice and toasty inside.

kwhales
07-14-13, 07:03 PM

Under a volcano.

moostermine
07-14-13, 07:08 PM

Under a volcano.

Way way under? Rofl! Actually that would be pretty cool! Maybe with a tunnel leading to another land?

moostermine
07-14-13, 07:18 PM
Just had someone give me another theory to post. ( different someone)
Goes like this. Spell scrolls are made from yellow and green gems, nether dust from blue and purple, maybe the crafted dragons can now put out any of those colors because they picked up all those colors from their scrolls and nether dust.

scottyhaha
07-14-13, 07:29 PM
Oh maybe if you breed a crafting dragon you can get a limited dragon

moostermine
07-14-13, 07:40 PM
Oh maybe if you breed a crafting dragon you can get a limited dragon

That's good! Oh and if we add to that, they could be for different special dragons! It would change once a month or something!

Or..... Gemstone dragons will now be able to be bred FROM other dragons! Not just crafted! So they would be available to Android until T and C get here!

funnyrandomness5112
07-14-13, 07:46 PM
That's good! Oh and if we add to that, they could be for different special dragons! It would change once a month or something!

Or..... Gemstone dragons will now be able to be bred FROM other dragons! Not just crafted! So they would be available to Android until T and C get here!
Maybe breedable craft dragons that five gold!

hgar24
07-14-13, 08:04 PM
I don't think that "Nice and Toasty" comment was a clue guys....or was it???

knj00
07-14-13, 08:11 PM

Moo: But Pony? Are you actually going to TELL us if we are getting warm?
Pony: Feels toasty in here. ^_^

I think it was just Pony letting us know someone has got close or even guessed what the update is going to be. Considering the last time Pony posted Pony said no one had it yet I think it is safe to say someone has guessed it (or came close) between Ponys last two posts. :)

igames4me
07-14-13, 08:11 PM

^^^^^^^ this was the quote pony said it was "toasty in here" soooooo maybe that idea is warm?
I have no clue....

Maybe glow in the dark dragons .... Which dragon story now will have a night feature? Any ideas

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 08:57 PM
I think the update will make it to where gemstones are breedable somehow? like breeding blue and yellow will make a hybrid pure emerald dragon?

or gemstone dragons will be the key to breeding new dragons? they can't be breed any other way but with a special combination of gemstone dragons and luck? troll dragon maybe first dragon to use this, or maybe I'm over thinking this...

maybe both?

pony please tell us if anyone has guessed right!

annbluebird
07-14-13, 09:04 PM
Could someone (english or US usual language) recap the suggestions to have a better pic of what would be possible?

kwhales
07-14-13, 09:06 PM
Well if pony roar quoted the ET thing, maybe the nether portal will be used finally and transport use to another dimension.

moostermine
07-14-13, 09:48 PM
Could someone (english or US usual language) recap the suggestions to have a better pic of what would be possible?

Since Pony said none of the guesses were right, we have had these new ones:
Aliens
New set of ultra rares
Breed the opposite of what you want
Catastrophe that makes us start over
Bring out the two missing stone dragons
Trade with nbrs
New forms, past level 10
Fountain of youth
No evolving at level3/4
Less splitting
New class of rarity
Bigger crops
Another island
Then we started talking about primary colors
That most of the weird breeding involved craft dragons so it would mean Android gets trading
And that we could breed " special" dragons using crafted ones( if android gets crafting)
Equal feeding
Another den, temple, and no more maps

Then Pony said we were getting warm.

hgar24
07-15-13, 12:39 AM
Since Pony said none of the guesses were right, we have had these new ones:
Aliens
New set of ultra rares
Breed the opposite of what you want
Catastrophe that makes us start over
Bring out the two missing stone dragons
Trade with nbrs
New forms, past level 10
Fountain of youth
No evolving at level3/4
Less splitting
New class of rarity
Bigger crops
Another island
Then we started talking about primary colors
That most of the weird breeding involved craft dragons so it would mean Android gets trading
And that we could breed " special" dragons using crafted ones( if android gets crafting)
Equal feeding
Another den, temple, and no more maps

Then Pony said we were getting warm.

LOL! Somebody said aliens?? How would that work?

annbluebird
07-15-13, 01:54 AM
Wow nice work Moos!
what would be the most likely answers? multy platforms..
- trade with neighbors?
- craft? would mean that kindle should have it too.. not sure!
- new ultra rares? this could be easy to get
- fountain of youth / less splitting ? this isnt hard for them to give
- another island would be my fav :)

do you see something else?
maybe a poll on the most likely?

annbluebird
07-15-13, 01:59 AM
additional den or temple do not need new breeding rules, do they?

doop01
07-15-13, 02:11 AM
Well if pony roar quoted the ET thing, maybe the nether portal will be used finally and transport use to another dimension.
OOHH!! maybe!!!
Another place with totally different breeding rules!!! sounds like the gemstone dragons may have something to do with it.....a new line of hybrids? Maybe the Rainbow is the base parent.

annbluebird
07-15-13, 02:21 AM
OOHH!! maybe!!!
Another place with totally different breeding rules!!! sounds like the gemstone dragons may have something to do with it.....a new line of hybrids? Maybe the Rainbow is the base parent.
but this would mean that we have to buy gems or have crafting..

doop01
07-15-13, 02:35 AM
but this would mean that we have to buy gems or have crafting..

Yes, that's true. But whatever it is it's cross platform. I'm fairly sure Rainbow has something to do with it.
The suspense is ****ing me!!!

alyssafriends
07-15-13, 03:22 AM
I think there are multiple changes coming. I was hoping we would see a change that made it easier to get the "rares" that are impossible to get like mask. Maybe a probability of splitting based on the rarity of the parent? Super rares rarely split, commons commonly split. I tested and it doesn't seem to work though :( What we know is that craftable dragons can/or will twinkle when bred but nothing much else..... We will probably get the option to pay gold to keep a dragon from splitting, android will get craftable, hopefully better farms... Does anyone know when we will know?

annbluebird
07-15-13, 03:23 AM
Yes, that's true. But whatever it is it's cross platform. I'm fairly sure Rainbow has something to do with it.
The suspense is ****ing me!!!
hehehe imagine if they wait until friday to let us know... :D devilish laugh

doop01
07-15-13, 03:46 AM
hehehe imagine if they wait until friday to let us know... :D devilish laugh
Ann that is devilish! LOL I can't wait that long to find out! ;D

hamadrys
07-15-13, 04:15 AM
So....when do we know ? What about now ? lol

annbluebird
07-15-13, 05:02 AM
So....when do we know ? What about now ? lol
Pony said "next week" :p haharr problem is : wich next week :D

sand
07-15-13, 06:29 AM
But that was last week, so early next week is now early this week, which means any day now.
The new question is: WHEN IS FRABJOUS DAY?

"All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe."

hamadrys
07-15-13, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=sand;687226
And ye mome raths outgrabe."[/QUOTE]

Lewis Carroll :)

moostermine
07-15-13, 09:01 AM
But that was last week, so early next week is now early this week, which means any day now.
The new question is: WHEN IS FRABJOUS DAY?

And ye mome raths outgrabe."

Lewis Carroll :)

Yay!
The Jabberwocky comes....!

montrianmaster
07-15-13, 09:05 AM
Well I it's that.... Android will get trading/Crafting because pony said it was MULI
TI PLATFORM!
someone already said that and that time pony said that no one guessed it,

​including parity!!!!

kutty4
07-15-13, 09:23 AM
The ability to trade a Helios for a Medusa would be great. lol

AzHadz
07-15-13, 10:39 AM
Maybe night and virtue will stop splitting :D

lunarbunny
07-15-13, 10:43 AM
No splitting is worse now green splits :( TL you arent listening I think more people are going to quit or new people starting are going to give up. I would have moved on in the beginning if it was like this. Plenty more games to spend time and money on!

AzHadz
07-15-13, 10:52 AM
Note: Anything mentioned in this thread is pure fun and speculation. Do not assume anything to be truthful unless a Community Manager confirms it.

~FrozenTurtle

We have a thread on the breeding changes, we don't have one for the " Surprise"!
What do you hope this exciting new change is going to be?
What do you think it will be?

Here's what I see as the generally agreed on " Most Wanted":

1. Android/Kindle Parity
2. Large Diamond Habitats

Will it be something we have been asking for? Or something none of us can even imagine?
Thoughts?

Well we *know* it's not android/kindle parity for two reasons...one the Android Rainbow edition is already in the google play market and it's the same version as spring edition, rainbow edition goal hasn't appeared in the goal list yet. Original DS has been updated to version 1.0.7.5 but it's a bug fix release, no features...so in mind, it's doubtful they'd put a feature complete version out so soon after these editions went out. I will happily eat my words if it's not the case though.

Second, having parity has nothing to do with breeding rule changes.

Larger diamond habitats aren't it for the same reason, nothing to do with breeding. They could release larger diamond habitats (most likely for gold) but it would be secondary to whatever else it is.

So of the two most requested items on the forum by USERS, it's doubtful EITHER of them would be the 'big surprise' so more ignoring users on TeamLava's part :(

danni7788
07-15-13, 10:55 AM
Well we *know* it's not android/kindle parity for two reasons...one the Android Rainbow edition is already in the google play market and it's the same version as spring edition, rainbow edition goal hasn't appeared in the goal list yet. Original DS has been updated to version 1.0.7.5 but it's a bug fix release, no features...so in mind, it's doubtful they'd put a feature complete version out so soon after these editions went out. I will happily eat my words if it's not the case though.

Second, having parity has nothing to do with breeding rule changes.

Larger diamond habitats aren't it for the same reason, nothing to do with breeding. They could release larger diamond habitats (most likely for gold) but it would be secondary to whatever else it is.

So of the two most requested items on the forum by USERS, it's doubtful EITHER of them would be the 'big surprise' so more ignoring users on TeamLava's part :(

Makes sense, but it's possible that these new breeding rules have to do with gemstones, so it would be pretty cool if Android/Kindle got trading/crafting in addition to whatever TL has planned. Kind of an extra, which would make it really special.

AzHadz
07-15-13, 10:56 AM
Makes sense, but it's possible that these new breeding rules have to do with gemstones, so it would be pretty cool if Android/Kindle got trading/crafting in addition to whatever TL has planned. Kind of an extra, which would make it really special.

Again, I'd gladly eat my words if this is the case.

camelot7
07-15-13, 12:03 PM
Nether portal will work and if you have the rainbow dragon you can transport yourself over the rainbow to another world where all the breeding rules will so screwy you just put 2 dragons together and you never know what your gonna get!!!

Kevynsan
07-15-13, 12:23 PM
When are they gonna announce this....I am on pins and needles here!

allenomg
07-15-13, 01:24 PM
yeah announce whatever it is nooooow :c

fattom19
07-15-13, 01:33 PM
They just said the announcement got pushed back until July 31 sorry to be the bearer of bad news

sunkalito
07-15-13, 01:35 PM
They just said the announcement got pushed back until July 31 sorry to be the bearer of bad news

When? And until then craftables are a no-go and we're not entirely sure why! What's going on.... >.< not fun.

fattom19
07-15-13, 01:35 PM

Lol jk jk sorry that was mean hehe

sunkalito
07-15-13, 01:36 PM
Lol jk jk sorry that was mean hehe

Whew! I was about ready to torch them :p so i'll torch you instead... Run! XD

fattom19
07-15-13, 01:40 PM
Lol I knew i had to say jk quick or people would start revolting

yayacupcake
07-15-13, 02:16 PM
When are they gonna announce this....I am on pins and needles here!

Said early this week, early would be either today or tomorrow, Wednesday would be mid-week of "middle of week" so we should hear either today or tomorrow.

godofsparkle
07-15-13, 03:18 PM
Hmm...final guessed...and I hope this one is right. For surprise: TL has been increasing the percentage to get rare, super rare, and even ultra rare ( I would like to say if We're using craftable dragon as parent...but this would be the worst joke ever lol ).
For Breeding rule: as we've been guessing, craftable dragon as parent may resulting a random ( possibly common ) dragon.

[S8] Elsa
07-15-13, 03:46 PM
There's no new hints or information today. Just in case some of you were wearing out your browser's refresh hotkeys. :P

danni7788
07-15-13, 03:58 PM
There's no new hints or information today. Just in case some of you were wearing out your browser's refresh hotkeys. :P

Thank you!! I am guilty of this... So very nice to know :)

sand
07-15-13, 04:03 PM
Boo! So we will go through this again tomorrow? Can't say I'm surprised. I figured we would get some such message from TL right about 4pm their time. In fact, I just posted on the Breeding Changes thread. There will probably be a similar stalling message there as well.

sand
07-15-13, 04:28 PM
I'm still holding to my hunches, which I think are more than a little warm, no matter what the pink baby unicorn says. If they are determined to keep it under wraps until their great announcement, they aren't going to confirm any correct guesses anyway.
I don't think a recent Android version rules out the introduction of trading & crafting across the board. The Arena and Quest Outpost suddenly appeared on my island long after I had upgraded. No additional upgrade was required for these features to appear. So there's no reason to think that since Androids can't have the Trading Portal and Spell Shop added to the Rainbow edition without needing to upgrade again. If the game were not constantly updating the software installed on your device, you would need to download a new version every time they introduced a new dragon, goal, decoration or building.
If the Twinkling we've seen lately is either entirely or predominantly from craftable dragons and they say the larger picture involves all platforms, then they must be coming up with some way that Android & Kindle can work with crafties (apart from buying them). I say if they aren't getting portals and spell shops, then ours will be replaced by something else that we'll all have.

danni7788
07-15-13, 04:43 PM
I'm still holding to my hunches, which I think are more than a little warm, no matter what the pink baby unicorn says. If they are determined to keep it under wraps until their great announcement, they aren't going to confirm any correct guesses anyway.
I don't think a recent Android version rules out the introduction of trading & crafting across the board. The Arena and Quest Outpost suddenly appeared on my island long after I had upgraded. No additional upgrade was required for these features to appear. So there's no reason to think that since Androids can't have the Trading Portal and Spell Shop added to the Rainbow edition without needing to upgrade again. If the game were not constantly updating the software installed on your device, you would need to download a new version every time they introduced a new dragon, goal, decoration or building.
If the Twinkling we've seen lately is either entirely or predominantly from craftable dragons and they say the larger picture involves all platforms, then they must be coming up with some way that Android & Kindle can work with crafties (apart from buying them). I say if they aren't getting portals and spell shops, then ours will be replaced by something else that we'll all have.

Could not agree more!

funnyrandomness5112
07-15-13, 04:48 PM

So when is "Early Next Week"

hubbabubba03
07-15-13, 05:03 PM
I hope they finally place something on those patches where we couldn't expand on. That way our islands are finally cleared of those wreached wretched trees. :cool:

jmterao
07-15-13, 05:35 PM
Now THAT I really really want
Plus bigger Diamond habitat and maybe more nests :p

Well you can bet if they release a large diamond habitat it will be for gold and an insane amount
at that. Ever since they released the other large habitats for gold I have been expecting it.

Just how much real money do you want to pay for a large diamond habitat? $9.99? $19.99? More?

Spiceshirl
07-15-13, 05:50 PM
The new rules has something to with rainbow dragon for sure!!! Since its habitat only fits one dragon!! Rainbow will now be the new parent of a new set of twilight dragons!!!

kwhales
07-15-13, 05:54 PM
The new rules has something to with rainbow dragon for sure!!! Since its habitat only fits one dragon!! Rainbow will now be the new parent of a new set of twilight dragons!!!

Over the rainbow dragons. To possible a new island(s).

moostermine
07-15-13, 06:13 PM
As the day winds to a close here in Lava Land, the Caretakers gather at the base of the Christmas in July tree and gaze forlornly at the empty space where their gifts ought to be. They cannot understand. What has happened? Has there been some horrible Blizzard in Southern California, and Santa Jake could not find a Red-nosed dragon to pull his sleigh? Or have the Caretakers been naive, and the rumours are true, there really is no Santa Jake and his joyful Elves Pony and Turtle?
Or have the Caretakers just been too naughty? Did they not buy enough gold this past year and got put on the Naughty List which says they simply do not deserve the wonderful Surprise they had so longed for?
I guess it really doesn't matter why......the day is done, and Santa Jake will not be coming today. It is time for the Caretakers to shake the coal out of their stockings and go to bed....where they can try to sleep as visions of diamonddates dance in their heads.

funnyrandomness5112
07-15-13, 06:21 PM
As the day winds to a close here in Lava Land, the Caretakers gather at the base of the Christmas in July tree and gaze forlornly at the empty space where their gifts ought to be. They cannot understand. What has happened? Has there been some horrible Blizzard in Southern California, and Santa Jake could not find a Red-nosed dragon to pull his sleigh? Or have the Caretakers been naive, and the rumours are true, there really is no Santa Jake and his joyful Elves Pony and Turtle?
Or have the Caretakers just been too naughty? Did they not buy enough gold this past year and got put on the Naughty List which says they simply do not deserve the wonderful Surprise they had so longed for?
I guess it really doesn't matter why......the day is done, and Santa Jake will not be coming today. It is time for the Caretakers to shake the coal out of their stockings and go to bed....where they can try to sleep as visions of diamonddates dance in their heads.
I wish I was this genious!

Autorithy
07-15-13, 06:47 PM
Any news?

hgar24
07-15-13, 06:52 PM
Any news?

Not till tomorrow....maybe?!?

We just got to have patience...

badger8
07-15-13, 06:57 PM

The Grinch really DID steal Christmas!

MomsHouseofSweets
07-15-13, 07:10 PM
The Caretakers had always gather around the Christmas in July tree, every year on this date. Whispering amongst themselves, they wondered what had happened, what might be wrong, as they had never been forgotten and past by before.

One of the senior Caretakers seeing something nearly hidden in the branches, steps closer and peering into the tree, sees a small box nicely wrapped and tied with a green ribbon. Others, seeing that the Caretaker has taken something from within the tree branches, draw closer. In whispers they ask what it could be, who did it belong to, who put it there. The senior Caretaker said that the card had everyone's name on it.

"Open it, open it", the other Caretakers excitedly said.

The senior Caretaker untied the bow and slowly opening the box, found a small card. He took a deep breath and opened the card, silently reading what was printed.

"What does it say? Read it aloud", said the others.

"The card says, to wait, be patient, we are working on ... on ..." The senior Caretaker squinted, removed and cleaned his glasses.

"I cannot read the last of it".

Another Caretaker took the card and also tried to read it.

"It says, to wait, be patient, we are working on it".

Sad and disappointed, they all slowly walked away, some turning to forlornly look back a the empty Christmas in July Tree.

moostermine
07-15-13, 07:29 PM
Yes, I'm afraid it is time for us to brush the pixie dust off our robes, hang them in the limbs of the Dawn Tree and toss our devices into the gaping jaws of the Ticking Croc. No amount of Happy Thoughts are going to allow us to fly through the Nether Portal today.....or perhaps any day......

Maybe someone else besides a saddened " moo moo", can write a happier chapter to this tale? Can someone cheer the Caretakers of the Dragon Lands so we may return to Neverland tonite, at least in our Dreams......?

funnyrandomness5112
07-15-13, 07:39 PM
As the carerakers have been saddened by their Christmas in July surprise not being delivered by SantaJake, Funny thinks, It must be a good surprise! Otherwise this thread wouldn't still be up! With his suggestions being rule out, his hopes have gone down but, him being himself, starts singing to the saddened caretakers,
"Don't worry, Be Happy
The Surprise, is probably!
So don worry!
Be happy!
He also does a little dance that ends up being a tango line around the Christmas in July tree. Everyone starts in!

"Don't worry
Don't worry
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata
Be happy
Be happy!"

Thy keep Singing hoping either SantaJake and his trusty red board fire dragon show up with a big gift or hi elves (Pony and Turtle) Bring us good news of the JulyMas surprise!

noir77
07-15-13, 08:06 PM
Santa and Jake put together gives me the creeps lol stwup guys. If It's a nice surprise it'll be worth the wait. If It's not I'm glad we don't know yet:p

sunkalito
07-16-13, 12:08 AM
Lol! The stories are great :)

I don't ink this one-dragon large habitat makes sense. Huge waste of space for just the one dragon. I think they'll add at least two more, and in the meantime the rainbow habitat will increase slots.
I mean, I'm just saying what would seem LOGICAL. Not that they're big fans of logic xD

picklylily
07-16-13, 03:21 AM
So where is it?

moostermine
07-16-13, 05:40 AM
So where is it?

Is it here yet?

sunkalito
07-16-13, 05:54 AM
Is it here yet?

Are we there yet?

danni7788
07-16-13, 06:02 AM
Are we there yet?

LOL! TL- Kids, don't make me turn this car around!

moostermine
07-16-13, 09:20 AM
LOL! TL- Kids, don't make me turn this car around!

But I wanna seeeeeeeeee!

moostermine
07-16-13, 09:25 AM
Someone predicts that it's not craftys, but common colors. That they can split and recombine and then still be used again to create a hybrid. If this replaces the old spitting of say black for instance, it would make some hybrids of currently splitting colors easier. If it is ADDED to the current splitting it would make twice as many fails for each breeding.

danni7788
07-16-13, 10:23 AM
I really hope we find out in 10 minutes (when the usual update is announced)... but knowing TL probably not. Any bets as to when we will hear the news?

HenryLucky1
07-16-13, 10:26 AM
I really hope we find out in 10 minutes (when the usual update is announced)... but knowing TL probably not. Any bets as to when we will hear the news?

I think the usual announcement is 1 day and 4 minutes

hgar24
07-16-13, 10:26 AM

I bet pony will come in here and give us the same news as yesterday....nothing!

HenryLucky1
07-16-13, 10:27 AM
So, it's tomorrow

hgar24
07-16-13, 10:28 AM
Maybe the announcement is coming on Thursday in place of the new dragon since one hasn't been announced.

Even though to most people Thursday isn't considered early next week...lol;)

danni7788
07-16-13, 10:29 AM
Maybe the announcement is coming on Thursday in place of the new dragon since one hasn't been announced.

Even though to most people Thursday isn't considered early next week...lol;)

My thoughts exactly!!! Hoping it's in one minute!

danni7788
07-16-13, 10:32 AM
Womp womp.. ok so that didn't happen, but it still might be today. When Rainbow came out on a Wednesday it was later in the day, if I remember correctly. Otherwise why would they say "early next week?"

hgar24
07-16-13, 10:37 AM
Womp womp.. ok so that didn't happen, but it still might be today. When Rainbow came out on a Wednesday it was later in the day, if I remember correctly. Otherwise why would they say "early next week?"

Hey you never know I mean this isn't your usual dragon release so you maybe right...