PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous sets of goals?

Reeseys
07-12-13, 03:29 PM
While working on the carnival goals, the goals for the cruise ship appeared. The cruise ship goals are short-term (only about a week) & fairly expensive. I really like the cruise ship decor, & can't wait to use the oven, but trying to achieve both sets of goals at the same time is bankrupting my restaurant. Is anyone else having this problem? I really do want to complete the cruise ship goals, but I'm afraid I'm going to fail. Oh --- & I'm still trying to cook turkey legs!
Any suggestions welcome!
Thx!

greygull
07-12-13, 03:40 PM
My suggestion - work on the goals with the shortest time first. Depending on your level, and how many appliances you can have out, you may be able to work on both. Example - if you have 12 appliances slots open - use 5 to make one dish for one goal, 5 to make another dish from another goal, and the last 2 to either make another goal dish, or just another recipe to sell. It's about finding your balance :)

nmishii
07-12-13, 04:42 PM
The cruise ship goals are for Level 40+, so you may not have gotten them until now because of your level. They were released on June 12, and are usually 33-34 days, so they'll expire soon. They are more expensive to complete, so you need a lot of coins to complete. I know it was over 1M coins, but I didn't keep track of what I was spending. Check out this thread to see what you can complete with the coins and the number of neighbors you have, and decide what you want to do.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53602-Restaurant-Goals-6-12-13

cherryberry9
07-13-13, 12:36 AM
I suggest doing cruise goals depending on how much coins you have. The carnival goals should last longer so you can complete them later.

Reeseys
07-13-13, 06:11 AM
Thx to everyone for the suggestions! Thx also for posting the link to the cruise goals. I REALLY want that oven! Right now I have 1 each table & chair left before I can move to the bars, which remain locked.
I do have a few more questions: I'm still cooking the turkey legs for the carnival. Is that hindering me at all from moving forward with the other goals? I figure its at least bringing in more coins. If I add another door, will that increase my customers or just divide the current number between the two doors? If I sell items from carnival goals that I have already purchased & have stored, will that prevent me from achieving the final goals?

Thx all! Appreciate the help!

nky1111
07-13-13, 06:41 AM
Just use all the cruise ship ovens that you can get, and other ovens can be any. including carnival)

Other door is just for fun. and to be able to move the doors. it divides the current number but it divides it randomly. so sometimes you can get all 30 kids from one door. Anyway if you don't plan running the game open overnight it doesn't affect your income.

You can sell the items after you complete the step that requires them and it disappears from the list.

Reeseys
07-13-13, 06:50 AM
Just use all the cruise ship ovens that you can get, and other ovens can be any. including carnival)

Other door is just for fun. and to be able to move the doors. it divides the current number but it divides it randomly. so sometimes you can get all 30 kids from one door. Anyway if you don't plan running the game open overnight it doesn't affect your income.

You can sell the items after you complete the step that requires them and it disappears from the list.

Thanks for your response! My cruise ship ovens are still locked. I still have a chair left to buy. My cruise ship bars are also still locked. Not sure what else I will need to complete before the ovens unlock. I'm afraid it's a lost cause

igames4me
07-13-13, 07:09 AM
Thanks for your response! My cruise ship ovens are still locked. I still have a chair left to buy. My cruise ship bars are also still locked. Not sure what else I will need to complete before the ovens unlock. I'm afraid it's a lost cause

i think once you buy your finall chair
you get this goal
Shady Service
Ask 18 Neighbors for Sunglasses
Rewards: 23,250 Coins, 640 XP

which was you finish unlocks the stove

i think you will not be able to finish the set of goals unless you use gems i think there is only couple days ;left but hey you can try

Reeseys
07-13-13, 12:41 PM
i think once you buy your finall chair
you get this goal
Shady Service
Ask 18 Neighbors for Sunglasses
Rewards: 23,250 Coins, 640 XP
which was you finish unlocks the stove

i think you will not be able to finish the set of goals unless you use gems i think there is only couple days ;left but hey you can try

I'm not going to have enough gems to complete. I bought the last chair, but no goal for sunglasses yet. I did get the goal for purchasing the stove, but the stoves aren't unlocked. Guess I need to buy those 2 cruise ship bars first. The prob is - not enough coins. Looks like Gran-Gran will be disappointed, as will I :(

TinksThots
07-13-13, 11:54 PM
I'm not going to have enough gems to complete. I bought the last chair, but no goal for sunglasses yet. I did get the goal for purchasing the stove, but the stoves aren't unlocked. Guess I need to buy those 2 cruise ship bars first. The prob is - not enough coins. Looks like Gran-Gran will be disappointed, as will I :(
The bars can wait, it's the sunglasses that unlock the stove. Something else triggers the sunglasses goal, I don't remember what, but you've got something else in there unfinished that'll bring up the sunglasses goal.