PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Changes - 7/11/13

Pages : [1] 2 3

FrozenTurtle
07-12-13, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone!

We know you've been super confused with your recent breeding results. We've mentioned this in a couple posts, but we want to put this out there so everyone can see. We have something very special coming to your Islands soon, and the recent changes in breeding were made in preparation for this. We know it all might seem odd right now, but trust us that there is some method to our madness. Please stay tuned for our announcement. We really hope you'll enjoy it! :)

07-12-13, 12:15 PM
Ill take your work for it, Turtle Time and am awaiting what Good things may come. I'm sure they're going to be something splendid.

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 12:27 PM
Ok Mr. Turtle
Thank you
Would have been nice if we'd known this before spending all that gold

Mani_Sari
07-12-13, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mr. Turtle, and no more double gold costs surprises, only good ones please!

Dragonilis
07-12-13, 12:33 PM
isn't it bad timing to release a new dragon that is breed with yellow and blue and change the breeding rules so that green can somehow be added into the mix of blue and yellow?

igames4me
07-12-13, 12:38 PM
I guess we just have to wait and see

sunkalito
07-12-13, 12:55 PM
Not happy about this at all. -.-; i can't really see what good is coming out of this. Call me the permanent pessimist if you like, but to me this is just madness without the metod. :p

bigbux3
07-12-13, 12:59 PM
Hey, at least in the changes, I ended up getting a second Diamond Dragon!

I hope this new addition is good, maybe it'll help us get all the new dragons that are being released every 2 days or so!

lillview
07-12-13, 01:25 PM
Ruby x Forest = 15 hours. It looks like it's because of the "exciting" changes TL is installing. I guess I will have to see what I will get...

sand
07-12-13, 01:32 PM
GET READY TO TWINKLE!

Why all the confusion over the results of your Rainbow attempts? If you got green-blue or green-yellow dragons from breeding blue & yellow, congratulations! You are a twinkling pioneer. If you got blue-green or blue-red dragons from dino & red, one of your dino's parent color has twinkled! Yay!
Picture a coin falling to the bottom of a clear lagoon. That's twinkling. Imagine a coin where one side is blue and the other green. Drop the coin in the water. At any given moment, you see blue or green, or both!
With Twinkle, your dragons' colors will take on a two-dimensional effect. Even composite elements can see twinkling in their parent colors.
You're going to LOVE Twinkling! Right after you're done hating it. There will be a learning curve. You WILL learn to Twinkle! You will learn because soon there will be beautiful fabulous dragons that can't be obtained any other way. You will Twinkle until you're cross-eyed because you are addicted to these animated images of fantasy reptiles.
I'm excited. Why aren't you all excited? Twinkle is the future! Step into the unknown. Predictability is over-rated. I know I'm not alone when I say I'm tired of the same old fails. I had to go 113 levels before I could see an Aether dragon drop on Aetherlands. That's the old predictable breeding rules for you. 110 levels before Landworm and Justice appeared. LANDWORM! Fairy made first appearance on level 80; Athletic sometime after 94.
BRING ON THE TWINKLE! Maybe I'll finally get a Familiar, Trickster, Mirage or some other old-as-rain dragon from a s****fully spun Twinkle. I'm ready!

__Caretaker of Aetherlands

ShadowDragon136
07-12-13, 01:38 PM
... this is all just a bad joke, right?

Dragonilis
07-12-13, 01:49 PM
GET READY TO TWINKLE!

Why all the confusion over the results of your Rainbow attempts? If you got green-blue or green-yellow dragons from breeding blue & yellow, congratulations! You are a twinkling pioneer. If you got blue-green or blue-red dragons from dino & red, one of your dino's parent color has twinkled! Yay!
Picture a coin falling to the bottom of a clear lagoon. That's twinkling. Imagine a coin where one side is blue and the other green. Drop the coin in the water. At any given moment, you see blue or green, or both!
With Twinkle, your dragons' colors will take on a two-dimensional effect. Even composite elements can see twinkling in their parent colors.
You're going to LOVE Twinkling! Right after you're done hating it. There will be a learning curve. You WILL learn to Twinkle! You will learn because soon there will be beautiful fabulous dragons that can't be obtained any other way. You will Twinkle until you're cross-eyed because you are addicted to these animated images of fantasy reptiles.
I'm excited. Why aren't you all excited? Twinkle is the future! Step into the unknown. Predictability is over-rated. I know I'm not alone when I say I'm tired of the same old fails. I had to go 113 levels before I could see an Aether dragon drop on Aetherlands. That's the old predictable breeding rules for you. 110 levels before Landworm and Justice appeared. LANDWORM! Fairy made first appearance on level 80; Athletic sometime after 94.
BRING ON THE TWINKLE! Maybe I'll finally get a Familiar, Trickster, Mirage or some other old-as-rain dragon from a s****fully spun Twinkle. I'm ready!

...what?

oh, what fun! lets make it to where it takes months to get any new dragons, and the game becomes more of a chore than.. well a GAME. you know, that thing that's there to keep people entertained? the only entertainment I'm getting so far from this is how laughably bad this sounds.

"How can we make our game less appealing to customers today, any suggestions?" "YES! lets take the normal breeding system....and ruin it!!" "that sounds like a great idea!" -Team Lava

fun...sure...

Autorithy
07-12-13, 01:56 PM
First you announce
Second you give manual or tutorial
Third you made changes

This the correct way to work guys
Actually I stopped breeding cos I don't know how to play

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 02:03 PM
Ok, the main complaint that I have heard in the past is the randomness of the colors that break down, purple becomes red and blue for example. So TL hears the exact opposite?????? Did they really find the part that makes people mad the most and apply it to everything? What planet are they from? Are they from the government?

allenomg
07-12-13, 02:03 PM
well i put pink x pink and got virtue firs try :c i would take island as fail instead

knj00
07-12-13, 02:08 PM
Lets see... Amethyst+Topaz= 21hrs. The only breedable 21hr dragon in the game currently is Poison, so another green color showing up when it should not.>_< I feel bad for the people trying for Cosmic.

kwhales
07-12-13, 02:18 PM
GET READY TO TWINKLE!

Aww, Sand. Your appearances always make me smile. Ready to Twinkle here.

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 02:20 PM
When will we know what is going on?

kwhales
07-12-13, 02:20 PM
...what?

oh, what fun! lets make it to where it takes months to get any new dragons, and the game becomes more of a chore than.. well a GAME. you know, that thing that's there to keep people entertained? the only entertainment I'm getting so far from this is how laughably bad this sounds.

"How can we make our game less appealing to customers today, any suggestions?" "YES! lets take the normal breeding system....and ruin it!!" "that sounds like a great idea!" -Team Lava

fun...sure...

Go with the flow. You can't change it, so find a way to enjoy it. Surprise breedings. Have fun with it. Breed blue and red and see what you get. Yellow and purple. You never know what will appear right now. Maybe something you really want.

bigbux3
07-12-13, 02:23 PM
I don't understand what the changes are, and I don't understand sand's post. Can someone explain?

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 02:24 PM
Why didn't you tell us about this before doing it? Some of us spent gold based on rules we understand. You changed the rules. If I knew you were going to change the rules I would never have spent gold until I understand the new rules.

07-12-13, 02:28 PM
I don't understand what the changes are, and I don't understand sand's post. Can someone explain?

She was putting a sarcastic spin on all the madness. Most of us are upset, but whining wont get us anywhere. We've tried! Mondays dragon doesn't seem special to bring about any changes like this. So maybe Wednesday or Thursdays release will wow us. Hopefully. Or ill be saving even more money on gold.

knj00
07-12-13, 02:37 PM
Ok, so far it seems all the strange reports have involved Green and/or Blue showing up when it shouldn't. Has anyone had a color other than blue or green show up unexpectedly?

tuskmage
07-12-13, 02:48 PM

The change & what sand's telling us is from now on, no one can say they know what they are doing & call themself a good dragon breeder in DS. Looks like we don't need to combine 4 elements to get a Diamond dragon anymore. If some new player try to get a Magic dragon from Fire/Water & wola!! surpise Diamond Dragon coming their way. Is that great or what? All we need is luck from now on.

tuskmage
07-12-13, 02:49 PM
Ok, so far it seems all the strange reports have involved Green and/or Blue showing up when it shouldn't. Has anyone had a color other than blue or green show up unexpectedly?

Some one got diamond from Fire/Water.

belbar22
07-12-13, 02:51 PM
Some one got diamond from Fire/Water.

Wish it had been me. Still no diamond and a bit apprehensive about chucking aurora and eagle together in case I get another magic but with different breeding rules may get a different result.

belbar22
07-12-13, 02:54 PM
I am still missing loads of dragons and am on level 111 so if new breeding rules improve my chances of getting new dragons once I understand the new rules then I will be quite happy. Chill out people, it's only a game. (Although I do understand why people are annoyed if they have bought/used gold not knowing the rules had changed)

tuskmage
07-12-13, 02:56 PM
Wish it had been me. Still no diamond and a bit apprehensive about chucking aurora and eagle together in case I get another magic but with different breeding rules may get a different result.

Yes! Maybe that's the surpise change they are referring to? Any two color could splits into 4 elements?

Autorithy
07-12-13, 03:04 PM
Just breed whatever you want, you can get anything from anything, I'm going to breed tricolors maybe I get another diamond

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:05 PM
Oh now I understand....if you are completely ignorant about the rules of the game this will make your chances better. It evens the playing field. No matter what you do the outcome is the same randomness. You now can just randomly pick anything you see. Oh, what a fun game.

Autorithy
07-12-13, 03:07 PM
I just got island out of crusader and night elf, I was trying for goblin

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:07 PM
From now on, as the quarterback, you can throw to either your team or the defenders. You might gain yards....

Autorithy
07-12-13, 03:09 PM
Yes I agree this is not fun anymore now we have the island fail out of anything, at least TL could make a fairy dragon fail instead of island so I can craft a spell

sunkalito
07-12-13, 03:10 PM
Oh now I understand....if you are completely ignorant about the rules of the game this will make your chances better. It evens the playing field. No matter what you do the outcome is the same randomness. You now can just randomly pick anything you see. Oh, what a fun game.

Yeah, this makes total sense. Why not just remove every color and call it a day? That way, whatever we throw in the den has no color so anytjing can pop out.

Who got a diamond from fire/water???? Wow!!! I'm a one-year player and no diamond here yet...

SteveEG158
07-12-13, 03:12 PM
I wonder if they r letting u buy islands

tuskmage
07-12-13, 03:12 PM
Maybe this is not a good change for those player already got diamond. But it's a good change for those who having a hard time to get a diamond. This mean every time we put two dragon in the den to go after whatever it also give us a chance to get diamonds too?

tuskmage
07-12-13, 03:14 PM
From now on, as the quarterback, you can throw to either your team or the defenders. You might gain yards....

lolx... I like that, hey football season is coming soon Go! 49ers.

zhynabella
07-12-13, 03:18 PM
Think of the noobs as well trying to complete quests breeding whatever the island goal says and probably they are not aware of the forum yet. This is sad and affecting us all in so many ways. I really would like the entire project to be finish and released instead of a part at a time without explanations.

belbar22
07-12-13, 03:20 PM
I quite like the mystery. Bit like Forest Gump - life is like a box of chocolates

awsumum
07-12-13, 03:26 PM
Yeah, this makes total sense. Why not just remove every color and call it a day? That way, whatever we throw in the den has no color so anytjing can pop out.

Who got a diamond from fire/water???? Wow!!! I'm a one-year player and no diamond here yet...

I put topaz/super trying to get rainbow, and got a diamond o.o

sand
07-12-13, 03:34 PM
You fake to your own guys then throw to the other team. As they try to run it back, you tackle the defender who doesn't expect that from a QB. You force the turnover and run the ball into their end zone. Its like catching your own pass. Twinkle Touchdown!

Nellie_Lou
07-12-13, 03:36 PM
I only have one question and I'm really hoping you can answer....Is it a complete surprised? Like Android, IOS, and Kindle included surprised?

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:36 PM
You fake to your own guys then throw to the other team. As they try to run it back, you tackle the defender who doesn't expect that from a QB. You force the turnover and run the ball into their end zone. Its like catching your own pass. Twinkle Touchdown!

******WOW....NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT*************
now that's a strategy....you are no longer allowed to play this game....

tuskmage
07-12-13, 03:39 PM

Only Colin Kaepernick has the ability to do that :p

knj00
07-12-13, 03:41 PM
I put topaz/super trying to get rainbow, and got a diamond o.o

Well that is 4 different colors so Diamond is a possibility. I know someone who got 2 Diamonds in a row today from Scarecrow and Hypnotic. I know it's another combo that has a normal chance for Diamond but 2 in a row. O_O

ganodustin
07-12-13, 03:42 PM
well, it seems like my breeding result is normal so far.

knj00
07-12-13, 03:43 PM
I only have one question and I'm really hoping you can answer....Is it a complete surprised? Like Android, IOS, and Kindle included surprised?

Pony said "The breeding updates and special surprise is multi-platform" so yes. :)

sand
07-12-13, 03:43 PM

Someone can, but no one will.
One thing I can tell you - whoever is still playing Dragon Story after this big exciting change will never, ever quit!

07-12-13, 03:46 PM

Purple showed up with mist and storm. A familiar Came from that pairing.

07-12-13, 03:48 PM

Haha! I can't with you today.

kutty4
07-12-13, 03:49 PM
Well I'm glad you made a thread (should be called a corner) for us to vent in and give us no details. Because why would we need to know anything? Just make changes and say in capital letters, WE HAVE SOME EXCITING TO TELL EVERYONE! God forbid you actually tell us WHILE its happening!

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:50 PM
Think of the good side....the game that you looked forward to so much, you won't have to anymore. When you set the alarm to go off in the middle of the night, you don't have to do that anymore....when you took your breaks at work collecting and responding, you don't have to do that anymore.......WOW...you don't have to do that anymore!

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 04:00 PM
Good thing none of us spent our hard earned money to get a little enjoyment from a game that incorporated strategy and luck. No...we don't want that anymore. Now we should all get lobotomies and just be happy with luck....drooling out the side of my mouth.....

sunkalito
07-12-13, 04:14 PM
I quite like the mystery. Bit like Forest Gump - life is like a box of chocolates
Too much chocolate ain't no good for a girl's waistline :p

OlkaDragons
07-12-13, 04:18 PM
I thought they make system more logical and the offspring will get one color from each parent... THis is the good point.
But getting green from blue+yellow - is not, it makes system much more chaotic

annbluebird
07-12-13, 04:19 PM
nobody knows anything about what will come so... instead pourring bile of dissatisfaction without even know if it will be useful, why not going outside, watching the trains/planes/cars or go for a walk, read a good book or even sleep? tomorrow is another day!

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 04:29 PM
nobody knows anything about what will come so... instead pourring bile of dissatisfaction without even know if it will be useful, why not going outside, watching the trains/planes/cars or go for a walk, read a good book or even sleep? tomorrow is another day!

You can either accept what is given or ask for what you want. T. Paine

igames4me
07-12-13, 04:31 PM
maybe when they see the gold sales economy going down they will change it back to normal..... just like they did the double breeding and double gold cost back a while ago

lotusthreads
07-12-13, 04:33 PM
It would have been nice if you had told us about the breeding changes before we spent money trying to breed the rainbow under what we though were the old rules. Any other reputable company would have tried to make amends by refunding the gold that people have spent, or crediting people's account with the dragon. Instead we got, 'we will look into the problem', then all of a sudden, 'oh this is deliberate, but we won't tell what has changed for a while'. Totally disgusting....

I am extremely unhappy with your lack of communication. All it would have taken was an announcement that something was coming up, and in the meantime some of the rules have changed, and how it would affect us. By not doing this, it feels as though you have taken our money dishonestly, and you will certainly see no more money from me, no matter how good the 'surprise' is.

I keep hoping that your customer service can't get any worse, and you keep proving me wrong. At the moment the game feels like a chore, not a game, and with the uncertainly around what breeding outcomes we will get, you have given us absolutely NO incentive to keep playing.

As someone mentioned before, instead of taking suggestions for positive changes to the game, which would make the gameplay better for everyone, you seem to be looking only at the things that people hate about the game and then making it worse.

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 04:37 PM
It would have been nice if you had told us about the breeding changes before we spent money trying to breed the rainbow under what we though were the old rules. Any other reputable company would have tried to make amends by refunding the gold that people have spent, or crediting people's account with the dragon. Instead we got, 'we will look into the problem', then all of a sudden, 'oh this is deliberate, but we won't tell what has changed for a while'. Totally disgusting....

I am extremely unhappy with your lack of communication. All it would have taken was an announcement that something was coming up, and in the meantime some of the rules have changed, and how it would affect us. By not doing this, it feels as though you have taken our money dishonestly, and you will certainly see no more money from me, no matter how good the 'surprise' is.

I keep hoping that your customer service can't get any worse, and you keep proving me wrong. At the moment the game feels like a chore, not a game, and with the uncertainly around what breeding outcomes we will get, you have given us absolutely NO incentive to keep playing.

As someone mentioned before, instead of taking suggestions for positive changes to the game, which would make the gameplay better for everyone, you seem to be looking only at the things that people hate about the game and then making it worse.

Well said

annbluebird
07-12-13, 04:37 PM
You can either accept what is given or ask for what you want. T. Paine
wow sorry I didnt notice that you were asking for something ..

hamadrys
07-12-13, 04:38 PM

Hear hear !

annbluebird
07-12-13, 05:00 PM
Ok, might
Everything I read is that you dont know what will happen.
I m ok with those who are angry because they spent gold without knowing the new rukes, this is unfair from Tl .
For the rest, as I said, pouuring your anger in the thread doesnt help at all.
have fun

kutty4
07-12-13, 05:06 PM
Everything I read is that you dont know what will happen.
I m ok with those who are angry because they spent gold without knowing the new rukes, this is unfair from Tl .
For the rest, as I said, pouuring your anger in the thread doesnt help at all.
have fun

The bold part shows you really do agree with everyone else deep down. Its just complete bad business to do something, and then say just wait until we tell you how it works in a few days. Why not just wait until then to start it. And in turn you made a dragon thats limited even harder to get or figure out how to get. And when you do figure it out, that dragon will already be gone.

moostermine
07-12-13, 05:33 PM
Ok? New thought! At least for me....
....which colors seem to be reported as acting strangely?
Blue and yellow for sure, and red, right?
Those are the Primary Colors.
Has any one had anything strange happen that does not include one of these three colors or a combo of them?
If not, could the "New Rules" be strictly based on them?

nerdyness18
07-12-13, 05:40 PM
So does anyone actually have an answer or explanation yet, or at least a timeframe when we might expect said information?

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 05:47 PM
Ok? New thought! At least for me....
....which colors seem to be reported as acting strangely?
Blue and yellow for sure, and red, right?
Those are the Primary Colors.
Has any one had anything strange happen that does not include one of these three colors or a combo of them?
If not, could the "New Rules" be strictly based on them?

If TL is not willing to post the rules, I'm no longer willing to play

musique0214
07-12-13, 06:26 PM
My guess is that Green is no longer being treated as a primary color. Blue plus Yellow can now make Green, which means Green can break down into Blue or Yellow. I would guess Purple would also be treated this way with Red plus Blue (as normal) but can now break down into those colors as well. Maybe we will get an Orange line of dragons out of this then!

duff1
07-12-13, 06:33 PM
I think it is only effect on IOS!! Me android had breed 5 time now, I didn't see any different at all. Why pony said it effect on multi-peltform. Liar

Autorithy
07-12-13, 06:34 PM
Can't play blind like this

Autorithy
07-12-13, 06:35 PM
Did anyone try diamond + diamond hybrid?

duff1
07-12-13, 06:35 PM
Now I saw my IOS got cool egg and even diamond. This is really unfair. We are the same human. Why u treat android like this?

Autorithy
07-12-13, 06:38 PM
Actually android is the one getting the rainbows, maybe TL just put glitches on ios to make the game fair with android?

kooky panda
07-12-13, 06:46 PM
Since the breeding change discussions have been now moved to this thread, I wanted to update.

I went ahead an bred Rainbow plus Fire as Henry asked, and I have a 14 hour breed time.
I may speed up later, but I am a little gold challenged right now and all my nests are full.

i went head and sped up and the 14 hour from the Rainbow/Fire combo was a mist.
I now have a diamond and Rainbow breeding. 14 hours. I will sped up a little later.

aileeniweeni
07-12-13, 06:51 PM
Did anyone try diamond + diamond hybrid?

i've done diamond and diamond since the rainbow dragon release. my first breeding result was a diamond. didn't speed up. put diamond and diamond in again and got a 12 hr breed, no idea what it is since there are a lot of 12 hr pure breed possibilities. will speed it up later.

kutty4
07-12-13, 06:56 PM
Dawntree/Pearl = 20 hrs?

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 07:03 PM
Dawntree/Pearl = 20 hrs?

Island

noir77
07-12-13, 07:22 PM
I really hope these changes will make breeding more enjoyable as promised!The old rules were fustrating many people so perhaps a change for the better.

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:26 PM
I really hope these changes will make breeding more enjoyable as promised!The old rules were fustrating many people so perhaps a change for the better.

Maybe! Just maybe the old splitting will not be as bad and the splitting will only affect the primary colors, rather than pinks and blacks!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 07:35 PM
Next week something exciting will come to our island & we will enjoy it = another breeding den??:p

tuskmage
07-12-13, 07:38 PM
Our dragon doesn't need to evlove until level 6?

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:38 PM
Next week something exciting will come to our island & we will enjoy it = another breeding den??:p

Great minds think alike! Hamadrys just suggested this in the new thread! That would be awesome!( see " what's the surprise?" Thread!)

tuskmage
07-12-13, 07:41 PM
Well but the best surprise from TL, is don't give us any surprise please :p

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:42 PM
Well but the best surprise from TL, is don't give us any surprise please :p

Too late now!
Come over here!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55545-What-s-the-surprise

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 07:43 PM
Well
We already know it is possible to have 2 dens
I'm sure most of you have seen it
and it's not affecting that person's game
So why not make it possible for everybody ?!

Would be a very nice surprise TL

moostermine
07-12-13, 07:46 PM
Well
We already know it is possible to have 2 dens
I'm sure most of you have seen it
and it's not affecting that person's game
So why not make it possible for everybody ?!

Would be a very nice surprise TL

Do you know if it's functional?

kooky panda
07-12-13, 07:55 PM
Just a reminder, please make sure you follow the forum rules (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)when posting. Post violating the forum rules will be removed.

If you have questions on posts removed, you can file a forum dispute (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)and discuss them with a community manager.

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 07:58 PM
Do you know if it's functional?

Yes both of them work just fine
One for normal everyday breeding and the other is mostly for Diamond hybrids breedings

It's fun to watch actually :)

moostermine
07-12-13, 08:01 PM
One for normal everyday breeding and the other is mostly for Diamond hybrids breedings

OMG! That would be sooooooo awesome!

07-12-13, 08:04 PM
I thought that person had their second den removed? Boo, I want a glitch that they don't care about too!

tuskmage
07-12-13, 08:05 PM

Forget it, what we are getting for surprise is a free Cake on the Island :p maybe some rose to go with it for you Nora ;)

godofsparkle
07-12-13, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone!

We know you've been super confused with your recent breeding results. We've mentioned this in a couple posts, but we want to put this out there so everyone can see. We have something very special coming to your Islands soon, and the recent changes in breeding were made in preparation for this. We know it all might seem odd right now, but trust us that there is some method to our madness. Please stay tuned for our announcement. We really hope you'll enjoy it! :)

Can You guarantee that all of us will like this new changed rule ? Or we just have to accept this rule without any question ? Or these rule is made based from our feedback ? Well...i hope You will do a pole voting after applying that change, and see how is our response...it is fair right ? :confused:

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 08:30 PM
Forget it, what we are getting for surprise is a free Cake on the Island :p maybe some rose to go with it for you Nora ;)

Cake and a rose ?!
May I have some chocolate too please ?!

Big kiss :*

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 08:34 PM
I thought that person had their second den removed? Boo, I want a glitch that they don't care about too!

Nope!
Still there
That person just moved them apart
One on her main island, and the other den is on the island with the golden tree

tuskmage
07-12-13, 08:45 PM
Nope!
Still there
That person just moved them apart
One on her main island, and the other den is on the island with the golden tree

That's it I know how that player is now :p You giving out too much information :p

NouraMoh
07-12-13, 08:58 PM
Sorry :/

funnyrandomness5112
07-12-13, 09:10 PM
When is early next week?

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:17 PM
When is early next week?

As early as the rooster get on the rooftop & start making noise on Monday :p

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:29 PM
When is early next week?

As early as the rooster get on the rooftop & start making noise on Monday :p

If a rooster lays an egg on a peaked roof, which side will the egg roll off? North or south?

allenomg
07-12-13, 09:32 PM
lol
another virtue on first try

lucky me ~

tuskmage
07-12-13, 09:32 PM
If a rooster lays an egg on a peaked roof, which side will the egg roll off? North or south?

The rooster doesn't lay egg Moo! :p

Kami365
07-12-13, 09:47 PM

I was try to breed Rainbow combo was Air & Sapphire got 20 BT,surprise me.,

harrysatchel2112
07-12-13, 09:50 PM
Air + Saphire = 15 hours...? what happened?

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:52 PM
Air + Saphire = 15 hours...? what happened?

Atlantis

moostermine
07-12-13, 09:55 PM
The rooster doesn't lay egg Moo! :p

Awww! You caught me! Can't blame me for trying! :rolleyes:

rubyjeen
07-12-13, 10:00 PM
Got rainbow with Easter and water, twice, with firestorm and fruit fails in between

richellabenoja
07-12-13, 10:51 PM
pearl + emerald = 20 hrs?

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 11:02 PM
pearl + emerald = 20 hrs?

Island

richellabenoja
07-12-13, 11:58 PM
Island

i guess its useless breeding right now till they finally make it clear to us that new rule.

mrarfan
07-13-13, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone!

What's the point of this? Now the game will be SUPER boring! My chance of quitting DS is very near now TL! You better change it to the usual times we used! You are making the game mixed up!

mrarfan
07-13-13, 01:02 AM

You are right @knj00! I was randomly breeding Seabreeze & Clown for a chance to get Rainbow but then a 20Hr timer showed up! And it's an Island Dragon! This is getting boring! Lol

Kami365
07-13-13, 04:31 AM
I got island from air & sapphire try for Rainbow.,20 hours BT

hubbabubba03
07-13-13, 06:20 AM
My question to TL is... Will all devices be included in this new feature, and if so will android players finally see the spell/craft shop?

8magicalcity
07-13-13, 06:26 AM
Breeder amethyst and air and I got a mist...weird :(

PurpleMomOfFive
07-13-13, 06:39 AM
I just got mist from red and white??? I get the yellow and blue make green concept but in what world do two pure dragons like that, get a blue/yellow hybrid? This is ridiculous and they should just go back to the original logical breeding rules.

cquinn32
07-13-13, 07:11 AM
Whatever it is they are up to better be good and not just another beta that only a handful of players get.

One_Piece_
07-13-13, 07:53 AM
I just got mist from red and white??? I get the yellow and blue make green concept but in what world do two pure dragons like that, get a blue/yellow hybrid? This is ridiculous and they should just go back to the original logical breeding rules.

THIS IS MADNESS! How can get Mist from red and white!!? IT'S REALLY CRAZY!!!

riisak
07-13-13, 10:30 AM
I think I get it!!!

The dragons don't just give random colors now, the colors can mix (the same way primary colors mix irl to produce other colors), for example:
blue + yellow = green
blue + red = purple
yellow + red = ORANGE?!@NEWDRAGONMAYBE???

So now mixed colors breed as a 3rd color, in addition to the 2 parent colors.

shaynanep
07-13-13, 10:44 AM
Don't know if it is due to changes or whatever finally got THE diamond dragon !!!!��

Saieen
07-13-13, 10:59 AM
I like this game, and even through all the changes, I have been sticking it through, but this is getting ridiculous. I've been trying for the last 2-3 weeks to get the planet dragon and it was hard enough with just three possibilities, but with all these other pairs, it seems almost impossible now. They aren't doing this for the fun of the game, this is almost like they are trying to lose players.

With breeding my peacock and ruby, I have gotten a coral dragon, island dragon and now a life dragon. How this makes a better experience for players, I don't know. They keep on adding and taking away dragons, and now these breeding rules seems to make it even harder to get the dragon we want. They are taking everything that is good with this game and throwing it away. I really wish they would have told the players about this before implementing it. It's like they don't even care about their customers...

RotomGuy
07-13-13, 11:31 AM
Alright then. You go ahead and ruin your game further. This suprise better be good or I'm finally going to say goodbye to this game.

doop01
07-13-13, 11:59 AM
I think I get it!!!

The dragons don't just give random colors now, the colors can mix (the same way primary colors mix irl to produce other colors), for example:
blue + yellow = green
blue + red = purple

So the colours are mixing to create another AS WELL as maybe taking something else from a parent. So if I was breeding scorpion/water for example, I could get landworm, life....but could it also combine to make a dino???

athena238
07-13-13, 12:20 PM
Lotus and naga = 20?

OlkaDragons
07-13-13, 12:27 PM
Lotus and naga = 20?

Magic, I think

athena238
07-13-13, 12:32 PM
Magic, I think

This is getting ridiculous. I have been trying for mask for 3 weeks now and the biggest fail I have gotten was 17 hrs.

kooky panda
07-13-13, 12:54 PM
Since the breeding change discussions have been now moved to this thread, I wanted to update.

i went head and sped up and the 14 hour from the Rainbow/Fire combo was a mist.
I now have a Diamond and Rainbow breeding. 14 hours. I will sped up a little later.
Following up- My Diamong /rainbow gave me a mist.

Also when I did the diamond/diamond combo to get the rainbow I got an infinity!!

Beneath
07-13-13, 01:24 PM
Following up- My Diamong /rainbow gave me a mist.

Also when I did the diamond/diamond combo to get the rainbow I got an infinity!!

Congrats kooky! :)

kooky panda
07-13-13, 01:48 PM
Congrats kooky! :)
It was funny because yesterday I started with diamond/diamond for the Rainbow and I got an egg, but it has been so long since I had seen an infinity egg, I was thinking it was another dragon egg. When It hatched last night I almost fell over!! In all the time I have been playing I have only gotten one infinity!
I did have to store a diamond to place it, but infinity is one of my favorite dragons! (something about those two heads.. LOL)

rosewaterlily
07-13-13, 01:57 PM
Ugh, I was looking forward to breeding for the rainbow dragon but now I have an island (topaz/sapphire parents) in my den and these random breeding rules are totally alienating. With the old rules I almost never got islands even breeding parents with greens and blues. Like there aren't already enough combos preventing me from getting the dragons I want. *Never getting the mask dragon ever*

NouraMoh
07-13-13, 02:08 PM
It was funny because yesterday I started with diamond/diamond for the Rainbow and I got an egg, but it has been so long since I had seen an infinity egg, I was thinking it was another dragon egg. When It hatched last night I almost fell over!! In all the time I have been playing I have only gotten one infinity!
I did have to store a diamond to place it, but infinity is one of my favorite dragons! (something about those two heads.. LOL)

Congrats Kooky :)
I'm sorry but Infinity freaks me out :/

plby
07-13-13, 02:51 PM
I think I get it!!!

blue + yellow = green
blue + red = purple

This is what I'm thinking as well, and they've also added a touch of green - here, there and everywhere. Letting amethyst & diamond give me poison and amethyst & angel island. There is no way any of those two combinations should have green as an element. - I'm suspecting it's a freudian slip though - caused by the 'green' TL imagines they'll get from players buying the dragons they want, as breeding them will be virtually impossible :p

zhynabella
07-13-13, 02:59 PM
Amethyst / Air with boosted breed gave me 20 hrs so first thought was Magic. Surprise, its an Island!

zhynabella
07-13-13, 03:07 PM
Is this like for real? It almost feels is a joke with a slap on the face. I am desperately trying for Cosmic, now tried Genie and Topaz gave me 10 hours?? Ten hours for what!? ;( I really dislike this game new change, breeding, at least attempting to breed "that one dragon" has become impossible.

demonghoul
07-13-13, 03:19 PM
Not sure what's happening with everyone else, so far I haven't had any "weird" breedings.

My past ones have been,

Trickster/Magic - Genie
Trickster/Magic - Cosmic
Goblin/Scarecrow - Fruitful
Serpent/Lotus - Wizard

Seems normal. :confused:

chiefdragon
07-13-13, 03:52 PM
Breed diamond and clown... surprised to see Island egg from them. I hope TL realize that this new rule is upsetting us more and discouraging us to buy gold.

knj00
07-13-13, 03:57 PM
i guess its useless breeding right now till they finally make it clear to us that new rule.

New Rule??.... hmm I know the new rule... there are no more rules. Crazy breeding for all!! :p

Seriously though I have given up trying to figure this out for now. Just when you think you may see a pattern someone gets something totally off that changes it. As Pony said this is the foundation for something new so they may not be done changing it yet. I'm going to sit back and hope I like what I see next week. ;)

picklylily
07-13-13, 04:54 PM
New Rule??.... hmm I know the new rule... there are no more rules. Crazy breeding for all!! :p

Seriously though I have given up trying to figure this out for now. Just when you think you may see a pattern someone gets something totally off that changes it. As Pony said this is the foundation for something new so they may not be done changing it yet. I'm going to sit back and hope I like what I see next week. ;)

I totally agree with you Knj00! :3

I just think that when this something very special comes outs, TL SHOULD explain the rules. Instead of players trying to figure it out.

hubbabubba03
07-13-13, 05:33 PM
"Just a thought".... how about trading dragons amongst caretakers. That would sooooooooo awesome.

hamadrys
07-13-13, 05:49 PM
What would the trading feature have to do with new breeding rules though ?

goku1984kakarot
07-13-13, 05:50 PM
As long as these updates fix my issue of not being able to USE AND MOVE my trading portal, spell shop, and stables. I had an iPhone and switched to a droid and now I can't use these buildings. Only gold can get me the dragons that are created from the Spell Shop. Plus because I can't move these building I have also lost space from expanding. One of the Buildings is blocking some schrubs or small rocks which costs me land to build my habits.

richellabenoja
07-13-13, 05:54 PM

i know that theres something wrong going on with the breeding process. somebody may take a rest and just sit this one out. just asking how about those who are still trying to get the cosmic?(thank god this didnt come while the eclipse has the timer in it.). arent they suppose to wait for the cosmic to retire first so that others who dont have it has a better chance of getting it? trying to get it now will be almost next to impossible.

Turpsichore
07-13-13, 06:01 PM
Ive worked out the new rule. From now on, no matter what the parents are, there's a 50/50 chance of breeding everyone's favourite dragon -island. Or a 95% chance if you have blue & yellow or green in the mix.

Fairy/wizard = island (fairy nuff)
Night/lotus = island???????????????

knj00
07-13-13, 06:01 PM
i know that theres something wrong going on with the breeding process. somebody may take a rest and just sit this one out. just asking how about those who are still trying to get the cosmic?(thank god this didnt come while the eclipse has the timer in it.). arent they suppose to wait for the cosmic to retire first so that others who dont have it has a better chance of getting it? trying to get it now will be almost next to impossible.

I know exactly what you mean. I know several people trying to get Cosmic right now and they are getting results they should not get from yellow/purple. I don't think it's fair for them at all. :(
What did Pony say on the other thread.. "It did cross mind that the timing might not be the best" but they did it anyway they just don't seem to care sometimes. They really should have done this when no dragon was expiring in my opinion.

knj00
07-13-13, 06:03 PM
Ive worked out the new rule. From now on, no matter what the parents are, there's a 50/50 chance of breeding everyone's favourite dragon -island. Or a 95% chance if you have blue & yellow or green in the mix.

Fairy/wizard = island (fairy nuff)
Night/lotus = island???????????????

I think your on to something. ;) Island is EVERYWHERE >_<

musique0214
07-13-13, 06:12 PM
This is just crazy! I was trying for an Independence Dragon with Ruby plus Winter, and I got a Fuzzy. That result doesn't fit my previous theory, so I guess that idea is out the window. I wish that they would just tell us the new rules already! New crazy breeding rules plus getting rid of dragons equals bad.

kwhales
07-13-13, 06:16 PM
Has anyone bred green and yellow? or green and blue? Wonder if the outcome would be wonky too.

musique0214
07-13-13, 06:22 PM
As long as these updates fix my issue of not being able to USE AND MOVE my trading portal, spell shop, and stables. I had an iPhone and switched to a droid and now I can't use these buildings. Only gold can get me the dragons that are created from the Spell Shop. Plus because I can't move these building I have also lost space from expanding. One of the Buildings is blocking some schrubs or small rocks which costs me land to build my habits.

Those buildings do not work on Android devices, but I think that if you contact TL, they can remove them from your island. Unless you want to keep them for decorative purposes.

kwhales
07-13-13, 06:27 PM
Those buildings do not work on Android devices, but I think that if you contact TL, they can remove them from your island. Unless you want to keep them for decorative purposes.

This has already been asked and answered in another thread. They cannont be removed.

musique0214
07-13-13, 06:34 PM
This has already been asked and answered in another thread. They cannont be removed.

Sorry, I missed that. I'm still trying to read all the threads and catch up. I figured TL could do something, was just trying to help. :)

Back on topic:
Since I only play on one device, is the crazy breeding on Android and Kindle too? It seems like it is, but since I don't know what everyone plays on, I'm not sure. I think I will try breeding with green plus blue next (as suggested) and see what I get. I just got 20 hours with Love plus Water, which should be a Magic (but who knows, maybe it is an Island instead).

kwhales
07-13-13, 07:42 PM
Sorry, I missed that. I'm still trying to read all the threads and catch up. I figured TL could do something, was just trying to help. :) .

Didn't mean anything by it. Just that they won't remove IOS stuff from Android games once you transfer your game to Android device. They should, but won't or can't. Not sure which.

07-13-13, 07:53 PM
Two stupid fruitfuls back to back using sapphire and topaz. I HATE this game.

richellabenoja
07-13-13, 08:01 PM
or this could be at some point theres a particular dragon that would have a high chance of outcome in a certain span of time. on my opinion its not about only green and blue. island is everywhere right now and to think that theres other dragon that supposed to have more chances to bred depending on the parents.

badger8
07-13-13, 08:39 PM
Tiger eye + Diamond = ISLAND?????

You've got to be kidding me.

noir77
07-13-13, 08:59 PM
I'll take island over dawntree anyday. My third this week. Come on TL! people like targeted breeding I.e. not too many different outcomes. And better odds... Let's not go the complete opposite way to feedback!

elektraalpha
07-13-13, 09:41 PM
Oh please. Before doing something new. Giving ALL customers the same, fair features that ONLY some IOS players got would be more priority than this.

All those fast removal and too fast release of new dragon should make it stall.

sheardear
07-13-13, 10:58 PM
I havnt had a new dragon in a month and now with these new crazy breeding rules it's even harder, im soo bored already. I'm now trying 4 another fairy tale using emerald and air so I can breed them together to get bb and Cheshire before they disappear and all I'm getting are long fail times with Mindvolt.I don't understand why they thought that we would enjoy this. " something special" ,something annoying more like.

sunkalito
07-13-13, 11:23 PM
They should change dawntree to rare, IMHO. And having commons with long breeding times, like magic and island, charm and poison and sunrise... It's just plain mean. No common dragon ought to have more than 10 hours breeding time and that's pushing it. I even think rare dragons' times ought ti be cut. It's just that making us wait for some riff-raff common drag of a dragon is perfectly irritating.

I've really been pissed off at this game lately and only seem to be able to complain. Maybe i should just quit. -.-

sunkalito
07-13-13, 11:27 PM
Tiger eye + Diamond = ISLAND?????

You've got to be kidding me.

Don't you just love it when thisgame makes sense??? -____-

Oliver118
07-13-13, 11:51 PM
Don't you just love it when thisgame makes sense??? -____-

You split the Tiger's Eye's black to blue and purple, count the blue and pretend the Diamond has green in it and voila! You get an Island dragon! But I agree with sunkalito, it's stupid how Island takes 20 hours when you know that there are loads of rare dragons which have much shorter incubation times.

tuskmage
07-14-13, 12:13 AM
Ok! I have figure out what TL trying to do, base on trying for Rainbow dragon with Yellow+Blue & I still don't understand why don't TL already make an announcement to clear up those chaos breeding results that we been getting this few days.:mad:

Lets run down Yellow+Blue, hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion that some of you may have.

Fact for now, becasue TL may wake up tomorrow & decide to change the color coding again :mad:

Blue+yellow=Green

If we put Blue+Yellow in the den. That means we having Blue+Yellow+Green in the den.

Possible out come

Yellow+Green=Parakeet, Fairy, Fruitful, Fairytale

Blue+Green=Island, Atlantis, Serpent

Yellow+Blue=Mist, Mindvolt

Finally maybe Blue+Yellow+Green= Rainbow???

I don't know TL making those color combine change, will give us more enjoyable breeding experience will wait and see.:cool:

duff1
07-14-13, 12:34 AM
Hmmm Tl
I know what happen
First: breeding code change
Second: difficult to breed
Third: more dragon limit
Fourth: difficult to breed rainbow( weird, not like dino, or other new dragon)
Fifth: no good information about this situation
Sixth: people waste time with rainbow and common dragon
U guys know what I mean!!

moostermine
07-14-13, 12:43 AM
Ok! I have figure out what TL trying to do, base on trying for Rainbow dragon with Yellow+Blue & I still don't understand why don't TL already make an announcement to clear up those chaos breeding results that we been getting this few days.:mad:

Lets run down Yellow+Blue, hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion that some of you may have.

Fact for now, becasue TL may wake up tomorrow & decide to change the color coding again :mad:

Blue+yellow=Green

If we put Blue+Yellow in the den. That means we having Blue+Yellow+Green in the den.

Possible out come

Yellow+Green=Parakeet, Fairy, Fruitful, Fairytale

Blue+Green=Island, Atlantis, Serpent

Yellow+Blue=Mist, Mindvolt

Finally maybe Blue+Yellow+Green= Rainbow???

I don't know TL making those color combine change, will give us more enjoyable breeding experience will wait and see.:cool:

Hey! That's a good way to explain it!
But what was the one with red and green or red and and red equals island? Whatever it was that DT1 got?

tuskmage
07-14-13, 12:53 AM
Hey! That's a good way to explain it!
But what was the one with red and green or red and and red equals island? Whatever it was that DT1 got?

I don't think red & red will give Island, I have no idea what are they doing with red :rolleyes Maybe Red+Red=Light? or Red+Yellow=Light?

All I know for now is before when we put Yellow+Blue together these only 2 results maybe 3 if include rainbow... But now these 10 out come from blue+yellow = more failure. I don't know if there's anyone enjoy more possible failure from this game :rolleyes:

moostermine
07-14-13, 01:10 AM
Hehe! I was just going by what they said DT got, island from ruby and fire!
But you know, the big surprise could be a new version for everybody.....Dragon Story: Fail! Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.

tuskmage
07-14-13, 01:13 AM
Hehe! I was just going by what they said DT got, island from ruby and fire!
But you know, the big surprise could be a new version for everybody.....Dragon Story: Fail! Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.

The surprise announcement = MS & DS will combine :o

kittycountess
07-14-13, 01:29 AM
I'm so confused because this sounds like breeding now can result in more fails. If that's the case why call it "exciting news"? Why not say, "From now on the game will be much harder for veteran players who have most of the dragons and are aiming for specific breeds, but easier for new players." Why say it like "all of us" are getting something good out of it?

thenijn
07-14-13, 01:44 AM
after one week breeding virtue and water, yess! 26 hour!, thats a bubble I think. If its end up in a pegasus, I directly stop the game...

tuskmage
07-14-13, 01:48 AM
after one week breeding virtue and water, yess! 26 hour!, thats a bubble I think. If its end up in a pegasus, I directly stop the game...

It will be a bubble :) Congrats.

alyssafriends
07-14-13, 04:43 AM
I think everything is going to be based on primary colors red, green and blue....maybe white. All colors will be able to break down and recombine from these. When breeding TL will "allow" you to pay gold to not get colors to break down.

patisu
07-14-13, 06:09 AM
I guess we will get the answer soon...but my question is, "What was WRONG with the game that TL felt they had to muss with the breeding???" I like the new buildings (well, storage bldg upgrade is too much), love the battle arena (still love Pokemon :) ), dragon designs are cool. You can't tell me they aren't making enough money... It is EXTREMELY difficult to breed above rare...now it is atrocious. Were the veteran players doing so well (figuring out the breeding "code") that they just had to do this?

krissy5000
07-14-13, 06:30 AM
I just find it funny that whatever the new rules are, they're leading to the commons with the longest fail times showing up more often (Sunrise and Wizard aside).

cynnabug
07-14-13, 07:12 AM
So far, I've had good luck with breeding. Scored a Rainbow first attempt with Air and Night, managed a Pegasus and another Aurora, which could be a fail but I like that dragon, and now have Rainbow and Diamond in the den for 12 hours. I'm expecting a Water, but considering breeding issues, I'm hoping for a Cheshire.

sunkalito
07-14-13, 07:21 AM
Fire and emerald just gave me 20 hours. Considering my atlas is less than 2 hours away from leaving the evolution temple and that i was expecting to breed atlas and mythic to try for medusa, this has just SERIOUSLY irked me. I wanted to picth in an attempt at a dino dragon because it has shorter fails..l now i'm probably getting an island. from fire x emerald!!!

I DON't KNOW WHAT THE "SURPRISE" is, BUT I HATE IT ALREADY!! Hate it. It's stupid and confusing and frustrating and illogical. Not worth it. Game's going down the drain for me, terrible breeding luck most of the time and no diamond as of yet... woo-hoo.

kwhales
07-14-13, 07:30 AM
Have no idea what the changes will be but have a feeling they will beneift TL and not us.

hamadrys
07-14-13, 08:03 AM
i was expecting to breed atlas and mythic to try for medusa

Don't ! You need the green/purple element for Medusa. So : Mythic + poison/familiar, or Atlas + Poison/Familiar, or Helios + Poison/Familiar.

D_Alice
07-14-13, 08:18 AM
I got Island from Virtue and Pearl! Every combo now results at least once in an Island... :(

jmterao
07-14-13, 08:19 AM
It just irks me that the rules are so arbitrary. Why have any rules? Just use the basic color dragons and make all hybrids unbreedable and be done with it already.

I just ran through all my gold this morning and I will not purchase more until the rules are clearly stated and then I will decide if I will continue to play. Having logical outcomes was fun and made me feel I was actually participating in the game.

Getting an island last night from a combo with no green in it did not bode well on my mind for the "new"rules. My bet is diamond will break now into four colors instead of bouncing or throwing a diamond since that is the only reason I can see for getting the island that I did.

To TL management I ask ; Why spend so much money on acquiring diamonds if they now are worthless on the den?

D_Alice
07-14-13, 08:21 AM
I got Island from Virtue and Pearl! Every combo now results at least once in an Island... :(

Or it could be Magic ... It doesn't make sense, anyway!

danni7788
07-14-13, 08:43 AM
Are people still able to get "normal" hybrids with these new rules? I've still been doing air/sapphire trying for rainbow and all I am getting are islands and serpents. I want my rainbow!!! I am not even getting mists and mindvolts.

allenomg
07-14-13, 08:46 AM
sapphire & air got me fruitful :C
i just put mindvolt & air and got 14 hours. assuming my luck wont change and it is a mist, yup its still possible to get normal hybrids!

duff1
07-14-13, 08:59 AM
When is TL going to tell us about this surprise?!
By surprise, is it for us or for u (TL)? Jeez I never had a bad breed before, all I got was common. Really!!!?it's been like this since rainbow released

duff1
07-14-13, 09:02 AM
I have 200 but only 50 mystic maps I got from my nb!!!! I guess alot of players quit ur game!!!

zhynabella
07-14-13, 10:03 AM
It seems to me the craftable dragons are splitting to green or and blue no matter what the other element is.

Ah I am still trying for Cosmic and keep getting islands, fruitfuls and genies of course

montrianmaster
07-14-13, 10:35 AM
are the rules now breed two dragons and you can get anything. no offense but these rules stink.

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 10:55 AM
What I don't understand is if breeding yellow and blue makes green, then how can you get green/blue and green/yellow hybrids from it? when you breed red and light to get pink, you don't ever get pink hybrids out of it, just pink. so if breeding yellow and blue makes the color green now, you shouldn't be able to get green hybrids out of it because the yellow and green already melded to make the green.

so somehow, even though the blue and yellow are "mixing" to get green, yellow and blue can still be added to the pool?

badger8
07-14-13, 10:57 AM
Diamond/ tiger eye-
1. island
2. Poison

This totally stinks.

plby
07-14-13, 11:52 AM
Been breeding fruitful with light, and got fairy x2, fruitful and fuzzy - no blue combos. Could it be the crafted dragons giving strange outcomes, or have someone gotten strange results when using only breedable dragons? (and no, I haven't read all the threades :))

badger8
07-14-13, 12:02 PM
Been breeding fruitful with light, and got fairy x2, fruitful and fuzzy - no blue combos. Could it be the crafted dragons giving strange outcomes, or have someone gotten strange results when using only breedable dragons? (and no, I haven't read all the threades :))

I think you may be on to something...I read back 20 pages or so in this thread and the other and the goofy breeds are all with a craftable dragon...which is why Android isn't getting them.
Like plby said, ANYONE GETTING A WEIRD BREED WITHOUT USING A CRAFTABLE DRAGON?

moostermine
07-14-13, 12:04 PM
I think you may be on to something...I read back 20 pages or so in this thread and the other and the goofy breeds are all with a craftable dragon...which is why Android isn't getting them.

Am going to check in a few minutes! Will switch from topaz and sapphire to air and water.

wth2m
07-14-13, 12:09 PM

I have noticed this as well. I'm currently trying for mythic and I used topaz and ruby for the first three tries and kept getting island. Now I've switched to using the "normal" dragons and haven't gotten a single weird outcome after about 8 breeding.

moostermine
07-14-13, 12:17 PM
Ok so I sped topaz and sapphire the last hour to do this, which happened to be silly rainbow. Air and water in den now. 14 hours.

badger8
07-14-13, 12:28 PM
Ok so I sped topaz and sapphire the last hour to do this, which happened to be silly rainbow. Air and water in den now. 14 hours.

Well, it's not 20!

sand
07-14-13, 12:29 PM
Go, Moo. Badger may be onto something. I myself have not had any Twinkling. I'm always breeding but I seldom use my crafty lizards because I'd rather not sacrifice income. No crafty has been in my den for at least a week.
Having said that, I'm cycling through the usual tedious fails - you know - N?ght, Wizard, Mindvolt, Poison and whatnot.

badger8
07-14-13, 12:33 PM
Go, Moo. Badger may be onto something. I myself have not had any Twinkling. I'm always breeding but I seldom use my crafty lizards because I'd rather not sacrifice income. No crafty has been in my den for at least a week.
Having said that, I'm cycling through the usual tedious fails - you know - N?ght, Wizard, Mindvolt, Poison and whatnot.

Thanks for the input...keep it coming!

hamadrys
07-14-13, 12:39 PM
Good job Badger !!! :)

rubyjeen
07-14-13, 12:40 PM

From what I've been reading it seems like people are getting lots of islands, maybe the surprise will be a new island, maybe a special, magical island. Hopefully with habitat limit upped. Am I getting warmer ponyroar.

camelot7
07-14-13, 12:45 PM
They should make it where all the commons can be bought with coins or at least have short breed times. 20-24 hrs is way too long for commons.

teogionia
07-14-13, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=sand;686469]Go, Moo. Badger may be onto something. I myself have not had any Twinkling.

I like the name u choose for new rules :))

N13L5R
07-14-13, 12:55 PM
I noticed too that it are mostly craft dragons, I didn't use them for breeding and didn't have any weird outcome till last night, I got an island from breeding diamond and lotus.

badger8
07-14-13, 01:01 PM
Good job Badger !!! :)

I can't take the credit- plby brought it up! But I'm glad someone figured it out!

badger8
07-14-13, 01:01 PM
I noticed too that it are mostly craft dragons, I didn't use them for breeding and didn't have any weird outcome till last night, I got an island from breeding diamond and lotus.

lotus is a craftable, isn't it?

N13L5R
07-14-13, 01:02 PM
lotus is a craftable, isn't it?

Yes it is craftable.

sunkalito
07-14-13, 01:21 PM
I got the 20 hours using fire and emerald, so...

Don't ! You need the green/purple element for Medusa. So : Mythic + poison/familiar, or Atlas + Poison/Familiar, or Helios + Poison/Familiar.

Oh!! Duh. I thought it was single-element, thanks sweetie. :)

sand
07-14-13, 01:23 PM
Here's a coarse grain of salt: the claim that the Twinkling is the "foundation" for a "surprise" -- some "exciting" change that we'll all "enjoy" should be weighed against the source - a moderator who is known for trying to put a positive spin on the very things that infuriate us.
Now I may be skating on thin ice here because my rump is no stranger to the hooves. I'm not trying to "defame" TL or any of its employees. Not accusing anyone of anything. No sarcasm; no colorful language. Just saying that a certain moderator's description may not quite match our experience.
I suggest we balance our expectations. At best, the Twinkling may actually be part of something so amazing that we can't help but love it. (I'm trying here.) At worst, it may go beyond challenge into the realm of chaos and absurdity, making the game virtually unplayable. That won't happen. It will likely be something in between. We'll adapt. We didn't like the Hidden-Dragon-Crouching-Tiger breeding patterns of hidden-element unicolors at first, but I think the serious breeders became comfortable with it. Same goes for dragons with the same den time as fails from the same combo. We hate, grumble, threaten to quit, then we adjust. Chin up, folks!
__Caretaker of Aetherlands (now with an Aether dragon!)

nbella1414
07-14-13, 01:33 PM
Bred Lotus and Kitsune (STILLLLL TRYING FOR THE ELUSIVE MASK ) and got another Island!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

N13L5R
07-14-13, 01:36 PM
Bred Lotus and Kitsune (STILLLLL TRYING FOR THE ELUSIVE MASK ) and got another Island!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Use night instead of lotus , we think only craftables give the strange outcome

nbella1414
07-14-13, 01:38 PM
Use night instead of lotus , we think only craftables give the strange outcome

Yep. I tried again with Onyx and I'm getting a Life. Sheesh.

Oh well. I've been trying for Mask for months now. I know I'll never succeed.

sand
07-14-13, 01:40 PM
It makes sense that gemstones would Twinkle, doesn't it? See my earliest post on this thread (#10) for my presumptuous explanation of the phenomenon and why I gave it that name. (Not all crafties are gemstone dragons, but most are.)
I'm now going through the Rainbow thread to see whether all the unexpected results came from crafty parents. Those of you who are looking to give up breeding altogether should maybe pitch in by doing some experiments: breed identical color combos - some with crafties; some with breedables; then report your results here.
Let's have some fun with this hypothesis!

sand
07-14-13, 01:44 PM
Yep. I tried again with Onyx and I'm getting a Life. Sheesh.

Oh well. I've been trying for Mask for months now. I know I'll never succeed.

But Onyx is a crafty too! Use Night-Kitsune and see. (Disgustingly long list of fails, but none should be green-red).

Saieen
07-14-13, 01:44 PM
It makes sense that gemstones would Twinkle, doesn't it? See my earliest post on this thread (#10) for my presumptuous explanation of the phenomenon and why I gave it that name. (Not all crafties are gemstone dragons, but most are.)
I'm now going through the Rainbow thread to see whether all the unexpected results came from crafty parents. Those of you who are looking to give up breeding altogether should maybe pitch in by doing some experiments: breed identical color combos - some with crafties; some with breedables; then report your results here.

My results thus far with recent breeding changes when trying for a planet:

RubyXPeacock=life x2, island, coral
MagicxFire=charm

I'm still trying, so if I get something weird from my magic and fire, then I will let you know.

sand
07-14-13, 01:45 PM
...nor green-blue; nor green-anything.

teogionia
07-14-13, 01:48 PM
ok I never use craftables no strange outcomes for me! I did not even know about it until checked it here

moostermine
07-14-13, 01:49 PM
Somebody want to throw sapphire and water or topaz and air in the den and see what happens? Please!

kwhales
07-14-13, 01:51 PM

Well I had time to **** while waiting for my next battle, so I went through the rainbow thread. Yep all goofy breedings was with crafted?to be exact sapphire. Didn't find anyone who used topaz at all. So, this change may involve the crafted buggers.

07-14-13, 01:56 PM
Well I had time to **** while waiting for my next battle, so I went through the rainbow thread. Yep all goofy breedings was with crafted?to be exact sapphire. Didn't find anyone who used topaz at all. So, this change may involve the crafted buggers.

When I used topaz with sapphire I got a fruitful, twice. Now that I think about it, when I used topaz with mercury or sapphire with gold, nothing odd happened. Seems like it really is the crafts. Maybe they're screwed because the coding is messed up as they fix it for android.

Oh, who am I kidding?! It was the interns again.

badger8
07-14-13, 01:58 PM

Moo used topaz and got a goofy result.
I used tiger eye and was fine until they announced the changes, since then I've gotten an island and a poison.

igames4me
07-14-13, 01:58 PM
Thanks for those you figured out about craftable dragons causing the twinkling

nbella1414
07-14-13, 01:59 PM
But Onyx is a crafty too! Use Night-Kitsune and see. (Disgustingly long list of fails, but none should be green-red).

Oh I know. I just wanted to try it and see if it did give me another green. At least it's only 3 hours this time and I'm done experimenting with craftables.

It's not often I'm caught up on new releases and can go back to trying for Mask. :)

kwhales
07-14-13, 02:10 PM
Moo used topaz and got a goofy result.
I used tiger eye and was fine until they announced the changes, since then I've gotten an island and a poison.

Yeah well, maybe i didn't go through the entire thread :) Got bored. A pattern was forming so I kind of stopped.

knj00
07-14-13, 02:12 PM
Purple showed up with mist and storm. A familiar Came from that pairing.

^Neither one of these are craftable dragons....

Looking around and so far 1 report of Seabreeze+Mist=20hrs is the only other one without craftable I have found.

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 02:12 PM
List from this thread of random colors showing up:

Ruby + forest = 15 hrs
Amethist + topaz = poison
Crusader = nightelf = island ????
Topaz + super = diamond
mist + storm = familiar
dawntree + pearl = 20 hrs
air + saphire = 20hrs
air + saphire = 15 hrs
pearl + emrald = 20 hrs
air + saphire = island
amethyst + air = island
lotus + naga = 20hrs
amethyst + air = island
night + lotus = island
saphire + topaz = fruitful
tigerseye + diamond = island
fire + emerald = island
virtue + pearl = island
air + sahire = islands and serpents
saphire + air = fruitful
Diamond + tigerseye = island
Diamond + tigerseye = poison

don't breed with the craftable dragons!!

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 02:14 PM
^Neither one of these are craftable dragons....

Looking around and so far 1 report of Seabreeze+Mist=20hrs is the only other one without craftable I have found.

no but the storm in't breedable either. so maybe it applies to any non-breedable dragons

knj00
07-14-13, 02:23 PM
no but the storm in't breedable either. so maybe it applies to any non-breedable dragons

That could very well be..... I have only found one report where both parents are breedable and only one out of all the many reports is interesting. I will keep looking though.

sand
07-14-13, 02:36 PM
I was about to give up also when I found these on page 62 of the Rainbow thread:

My 20 hrs from air/water was a stupid island. Just put sapphire/air in an got 14 hours... We shall see...

DT1 just got another island with water and storm so I think we can confirm that yellow and blue makes green

Now Bella and DT1 are speed breeders. Did they keep careful track? Only they can say.
The evidence points overwhelmingly to Twinkling gemstones. We were told the changes would be multi-platform so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the Trading Portal and Spell Shop are rolling out to Android and Kindle, and that the crafted dragons will breed with the Twinkle effect. If so, we could have fun with it or easily avoid it by putting only bred dragons in the den.
But will Twinkling be manifest in trading? Hmmm....

danni7788
07-14-13, 02:38 PM

Seabreeze is gone now so technically no longer breedable... Maybe I'm just searching for excuses now lol but this may be a plausible theory!

nbella1414
07-14-13, 02:52 PM
Now Bella and DT1 are speed breeders. Did they keep careful track? Only they can say.

All I can say is that my Sapphire/Air breed resulted in a Mist. I was happy about that after the Island fail. But it goes along with your theory. The sapphire didn't twinkle on that occasion but could have easily have me a green fail.

My next breed was Mercury/Gold and it produced the Rainbow so I stopped there. I only had to try 4 times for it thank goodness.

:)

nbella1414
07-14-13, 02:59 PM
Just bred Night/Kitsune and got 11 hours. No green fail! And here is where I always hol my breath and think... Mask has finally joined the family!!! Lol.

knj00
07-14-13, 03:07 PM
Ok just went through Rainbow thread... may have missed one or two.

Not normal results from=
Water+Air (pg.41 #401)
Virtue+Diamond (pg.47 #470)
Air+Water (pg.62 #616)
Air+Water(pg.67 #665)
Gold+Mercury(pg.71 #708)
Easter+Water(pg.74 #737)
Gold+Water(pg.75 #746)

I found around 38 total post that gave their combo (not just colors) and these were the only ones with breedable dragons as parents. *geesh, lol. now my eyes hurt.:p*

Dragonilis
07-14-13, 05:52 PM
Ok just went through Rainbow thread... may have missed one or two.

Not normal results from=
Water+Air (pg.41 #401)
Virtue+Diamond (pg.47 #470)
Air+Water (pg.62 #616)
Air+Water(pg.67 #665)
Gold+Mercury(pg.71 #708)
Easter+Water(pg.74 #737)
Gold+Water(pg.75 #746)

I found around 38 total post that gave their combo (not just colors) and these were the only ones with breedable dragons as parents. *geesh, lol. now my eyes hurt.:p*

hmmm i can't think of anyway to explain those... guess we'll just have to wait and see >.<

Spiceshirl
07-14-13, 06:10 PM
I think I know what's coming!!!! The breeding den is the new spin the wheel!!!! Landing always on island dragon!!! The more island dragon you trade then you can expand into the rainbow!!!:D

moostermine
07-14-13, 06:37 PM
I think I know what's coming!!!! The breeding den is the new spin the wheel!!!! Landing always on island dragon!!! The more island dragon you trade then you can expand into the rainbow!!!:D

I was kinda thinking islands would be like the new gems to collect! Get 99 and trade them for another actual island! Lol

Spiceshirl
07-14-13, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Wow!!! I don't know why the words "trust us" is scaring me!!!!:rolleyes:

lilobrat05
07-14-13, 07:43 PM
List from this thread of random colors showing up:

Ruby + forest = 15 hrs
Amethist + topaz = poison
Crusader = nightelf = island ????
Topaz + super = diamond
mist + storm = familiar
dawntree + pearl = 20 hrs
air + saphire = 20hrs
air + saphire = 15 hrs
pearl + emrald = 20 hrs
air + saphire = island
amethyst + air = island
lotus + naga = 20hrs
amethyst + air = island
night + lotus = island
saphire + topaz = fruitful
tigerseye + diamond = island
fire + emerald = island
virtue + pearl = island
air + sahire = islands and serpents
saphire + air = fruitful
Diamond + tigerseye = island
Diamond + tigerseye = poison

don't breed with the craftable dragons!!

I bred topaz and emerald and got a mist dragon!

danni7788
07-14-13, 07:44 PM
Does anyone else think it is interesting that "Islands" is capitalized? Just a thought. Island dragons might have something to do with this after all.

sdwombat
07-14-13, 07:48 PM
I bred topaz and emerald and got a mist dragon!

So did I.

moostermine
07-14-13, 08:32 PM
Air and water was mist.

Sped up last bit, put air and topaz in, 20 hours!

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/moostermine/755246c9dee0f56a27dc3bd1c9f8b411_zps1d8d9c91.jpg

midwesternmind
07-14-13, 09:36 PM
We got a bunch of mists

rainbowbbycakes
07-14-13, 11:21 PM
Air and water was mist.

Sped up last bit, put air and topaz in, 20 hours!

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/moostermine/755246c9dee0f56a27dc3bd1c9f8b411_zps1d8d9c91.jpg

Hahaha... You got an island...

renaefromky
07-14-13, 11:24 PM
I bred sapphire and topaz and got fairy .... Sooo.... It twinkled !!!

mymummy789
07-15-13, 01:25 AM
I was kinda thinking islands would be like the new gems to collect! Get 99 and trade them for another actual island! Lol

now that would be worth it!!!!!

lilobrat05
07-15-13, 02:34 AM
I bred winter and ruby and got a life dragon.

doop01
07-15-13, 02:38 AM
Hahaha... You got an island...
Huh??? Isn't everyone getting Islands??? Why would you laugh at that?

Saieen
07-15-13, 05:25 AM
I bred sapphire and topaz and got fairy .... Sooo.... It twinkled !!!

What does everyone mean by "twinkle"? I've never noticed that in my game...

sand
07-15-13, 05:36 AM
Let me put one more log on the fire to hopefully make it more "toasty in here."

I'm picking clues from moostermine's comment that got the toasty response. (glow effects ... extra-terrestrials ... inter-galactic event ... dragon removal)

We've long complained that we need more advance notice when dragons are leaving. The exodus of the cosmics has been devastating. But don't despair! These extra-terrestials and others are returning in a special way and, from now on, our very breeding dens will warn us of which dragons are becoming extinct. Atlantis is the next departing super-rare so its gems are Twinkling! (Unfortunately, they are mostly morphing as the common blue-green dragon. Some things will never change.) Other instances of Twinkling may signal other dragons' last days. Perhaps these dragons will take on a special glow!
Akin to inter-galactic exchanges, there will be a two-way wormhole through the new multi-platform Trading Portal. Twinkling gemstones will hold the key to pulling the life-force of departed dragons back from the dragon realm. All our removed dragons are waiting on the other side! But be warned -- pulling them back through the wormhole will be even more difficult than breeding Diamond, Unicorn, Dark Angel, or Mask; harder than questing Samurai & Knight; harder than scoring a dragon on Spin to Win; HARD, okay?
This may be the Twilight era that Tala the Lightbringer mentioned as she ushered in the Night dragons. "Caretaker, the Second Sun is Setting. Our Isle shall soon pass into New Twilight." Then... "Fear not, for this is a joyous occasion!..." Now where did we hear something like that very recently from a moderator?

LOL Android players will finally see what a long and tedious process trading and crafting can be. That, along with feeding costs equal to iOS, will likely soil a few diapers. But don't worry, holders of the Robot Cake and Dragon Sun, you'll hopefully get Album too. That's a real treat.

aceblade
07-15-13, 06:37 AM
Is it announcement day?

danni7788
07-15-13, 07:03 AM
Just to update- I had been doing air/sapphire and getting exclusively islands and serpents. I switched to mist/mindvolt and got 14 hours. This may be far fetched, but it might help explain the list that was posted about people who had weird breedings- maybe pure elements (water, air, fire) twinkle on occasion. Possibly only the ones bought with coins since technically you don't breed to get them (so this would exclude virtue, diamond) OR all pures twinkle every so often because you CAN breed them using diamond or 2 pures, but maybe it depends if you bought them or not? I wonder if I do mist/mindvolt exclusively if I will see any weird breedings. Because both dragons are still breedable (have not been removed, limited, etc), not pure elements, and I bred them (not bought with gold or anything). Too far fetched?

cedkugedchgd
07-15-13, 08:24 AM
SERIOUSLY?! i knew the update was coming in 2 hours, so i didn't want to keep my breeding den empty (don't know why, i just don't like it when there are no dragons bouncing in there). so as a placeholder i put fire and ruby dragon in there cause the fail time would be a 10 second fire. but nooooo, i seriously got a 6 hours breeding time which means whether wild or landworm dragon -.-

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s641/Koksgeties/4F9E88C6-839B-4403-8CDD-AE7388F647E5-1207-0000010FDF7657DD_zps1680628d.jpg

seriously TL? SERIOUSLY?!?!

nikkisauro7
07-15-13, 09:02 AM
SERIOUSLY?! i knew the update was coming in 2 hours, so i didn't want to keep my breeding den empty (don't know why, i just don't like it when there are no dragons bouncing in there). so as a placeholder i put fire and ruby dragon in there cause the fail time would be a 10 second fire. but nooooo, i seriously got a 6 hours breeding time which means whether wild or landworm dragon -.-

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s641/Koksgeties/4F9E88C6-839B-4403-8CDD-AE7388F647E5-1207-0000010FDF7657DD_zps1680628d.jpg

I also just got a 6 hour fail. Sapphire and love...

igames4me
07-15-13, 09:04 AM

So all gemstone dragons have green

Kevynsan
07-15-13, 09:08 AM
Good thing Android dragons don't have crafting/trading.....we don't have gemstones to throw a monkey wrench into our breeding.