PDA

View Full Version : Sell, complete orders, or wait for the train...

StacyLeeMeow
07-11-13, 08:53 AM
I am going to start comparing the benefits of selling items in my shop vs. completing order requests vs. using items in the train. Many items are going for full price in the shops, the train has made large orders worth picking up from the shops.
For example...
Delivery truck wanted 3 Biscuits and 1 Stew for 54 points and 156 coins (and hopefully an expansion item)
Shop full price would get 314 coins

I think the rewards for orders need to be re-evaluated now that the train gives such awesome coin, exp, and item bonuses.

StacyLeeMeow
07-11-13, 09:02 AM
Next order....
3 apples, 3 chocolate oranges, 3 lemons, 2 bags of sugar
Delivery gives 136 exp. and 116 coins (and possible expansion item)
Full shop price gives 406 coins (and, if I end up in the newspaper, new neighbours)
Tough choice!

mellymoo2000
07-11-13, 10:00 PM
Next order....
3 apples, 3 chocolate oranges, 3 lemons, 2 bags of sugar
Delivery gives 136 exp. and 116 coins (and possible expansion item)
Full shop price gives 406 coins (and, if I end up in the newspaper, new neighbours)
Tough choice!

I do deliveries from the warehouse when I need the XP. I sell in the shop when I need coins.
As for the train, I'm still not convinced that its worth the effort.
But it's great to have so many choices 😃

StacyLeeMeow
07-12-13, 10:01 AM
Trains give guaranteed gems. 2 trains = a shovel for me at the moment. I am obsessed with clearing the last few spots and shovels cost 8 gems, so it's been a very good thing that the train is around! And, if planned properly, you can make a lot of money off the train, and you get experience points. I love the train :)
I definitely see the point of doing orders for experience points. Love the advice, I will be focusing on deliveries while train is gone to get to level 30 asap.

StacyLeeMeow
07-24-13, 08:24 PM
I just sent my train off not too long ago. I loaded the last 4 spots and got 0 expansion items from doing so. Can you please reward more expansion items with train orders? Expansion paperwork has been off the market since the mine became available (and I really, really want to open my mine!)
Deliveries are becoming too hard. Many of them require an item from the mine or jeweler. Can you please slow down the number of mine/jeweler requests in deliveries for a couple more days? Most farmers are having a hard time getting to the mine, and therefore, jewelery is not being sold on the market. I was hoping to complete deliveries to make money and find expansion items quickly, but I am finding myself discarding most of the requests today.

mellymoo2000
07-25-13, 12:03 AM
I just sent my train off not too long ago. I loaded the last 4 spots and got 0 expansion items from doing so. Can you please reward more expansion items with train orders? Expansion paperwork has been off the market since the mine became available (and I really, really want to open my mine!)
Deliveries are becoming too hard. Many of them require an item from the mine or jeweler. Can you please slow down the number of mine/jeweler requests in deliveries for a couple more days? Most farmers are having a hard time getting to the mine, and therefore, jewelery is not being sold on the market. I was hoping to complete deliveries to make money and find expansion items quickly, but I am finding myself discarding most of the requests today.

You won't see many jewellery items for sale - it's impossible to make them coz there are no shovels or pick axes available to go mining and to make one takes 8 hours! I'm sorry i bought the jewellery maker coz i can't use it. Frustrating.

esmerelda35
07-25-13, 06:10 AM
I find the deliveries are giving me pick axes quite regularly, and this morning I just got both a pick axe and an expansion permit from doing a delivery. The rate of getting a "bonus item" when doing a delivery has definitely increased - it used to be between 10 to 15 deliveries (in the recent future, when the game first started it was definitely more recent and I've been playing since day one), and now I am finding one probably every 5 deliveries on average (sometimes takes up to 10, but then i'll get two in a row, or two rewards out of three deliveries, etc.)
I do find there's a lot of mining items in my orders, and I have a mine, but am just deleting them for now, until I can build up a little stock.
My train order, however, had 3 mining items - needed 8 rings, 9 earrings and 9 pieces of gold. Absolutely and utterly impossible for now - but I am sure down the road will be doable (challenging of course, like some of the orders were originally with a ton of lemon or wool requirements, but still will be doable). However, right now when everyone is just getting to the mine (or trying to!) there is absolutely zero in the market, so it's impossible. I have decided to just fulfil the train up to the "silver" reward level, and let it time out and leave at that point.

StacyLeeMeow
07-25-13, 10:06 AM
Finished 8 deliveries just now and 0 extra rewards :(
Decided not to start a train order, too many people complaining they can't finish them without lots of mining and jewelery

esmerelda35
07-25-13, 02:21 PM
I just did five deliveries and got 3 picks. Maybe it knows whether you have your mine yet or not, and only increases the frequency of giving picks if you have the mine open?
re: train - you can always look at it, and if it has too much mining/jewelery items, then just discard it? Need to wait another 12 hours for it to come back, but if you don't select it at all, then you're not in any worse position. You can also do the other items to get yourself to the "silver' level and at least get two gems out of it.

esmerelda35
07-25-13, 02:23 PM
Make that 6 deliveries and 4 picks....