PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion

Dragonilis
07-10-13, 12:23 AM
Hello! I just wanted to state some of my opinions on current features in Dragon Story and share some suggestions for new features! I have a lot of ideas and thoughts about the game and the fallowing of what I'm sure will be a quite large wall of text will just be me talking about my experience so far with the game, and how I think the game could be improved.

I'm currently level 58 on this account (android) and level 42 on my alt account (kindle fire) ps. feel free to add me on both, android account ID is: Dragonilis with the island name "Draco". Kindle account ID is: weega with the island name "Winged Olympus" (comment on my wall if you want me to play back :D) I started around the time when the fourleaf dragon expired (what an ugly dragon, bleh) and play very frequently on a daily basis checking in almost every thirty minutes when I can (summer vacation yayy) and am very proud of how far I've come in the game, especially considering after the fact the apparent significant increase in difficulty and pricing in-game (I had no idea about this until I started reading the forums YIKES!) I'm going to separate this into different sections so its not all blehhhh

Android/Kindle Parity

Does anyone really what to hear another person rant about this subject? No? Ok good because I don't feel like it.

Expansion

I've played the entire game both on my kindle and android with the new higher prices and while the numbers definitely seemed daunting at first, I eventually reached a threshold, on my android account at least, where expansion seems to be not a big problem for me. Although I do think that limiting the number of mystic maps you can get to 20 for all players is a little unfair...

Suggestion: increase the amount of mystic maps as you level.

Level 1: 5 per day
level 10: 5 per day
level 20: 10 per day
Level 30: 15 per day
Level 40: 20 per day
Level 45: 25 per day
Level 50: 30 per day
Level 70: 35 per day
Level 80: 40 per day

-or something similar to this to make it fair to people of all levels, but without making it too easy.

Food

Oh wow, THIS-this is really where I think the game needs more fine tuning, words cannot describe how completely screwed your feeding system is...

Suggestion #1: increase amount of food that farming makes...an hour for only 50 fireapples? I could easily get 60 in 9 minutes using buffbeats! Not to mention how much more food the impberries make.

Suggestion #2 (the slightly more feasible option) Make the rarity of the dragons, not the color effect the amount they need to be feed. (I'll let you guys come up with an effective roadmap for that :P)

Suggestion #3 A mixture of increasing the prices of some crops (fireapples, pumpwings etc...) while simultaneously decreasing the prices for the more expensive dragons.

My Other Suggestions :D

Yay! Now all the boring obvious stuff is out of the way!!!

Suggestion: (I'm not sure if this is already a feature only for IOS or what, let me know) More island interaction!! I've noticed that when you visit another persons island you can select their habitats (the way you could your own) but there are no options, it just highlights the habitat. I was thinking that it is silly that we can name our dragons, but only we can see their names! I think that when you select someones habitat you should get the same option ( the button that has the little portraits of your dragons, their level and name on it) like on your own island to zoom in on the dragons. I think this is a realitivly small feature that would be a nice added detail :)

Suggestion: Send out 5 gold instead of 3 per day to neighbors.

Suggestion: custom message that players visiting your island will all see (aka: "Comment on my wall if you want me to play back!!" or "add me my ID is: ______")

Suggestion: Add a "Social" and "News" shortcut to the normal home screen (when you're on your island and have nothing selected) at the bottom left next to the "Menu" shortcut, we have a shortcut to our overview, but not to our news or social? It would make it a lot easier to check my news if I didn't have to load the menu and then load news. (android is slow in dragon story)

I'll post new suggestions here for safe keeping :D

maguar
07-10-13, 01:32 AM
Hey wow that's a lot of work you've put into your suggestions.

Please note that these suggestions should go in the official suggestion thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51338-Dragon-Story-Suggestion-Thread).