PDA

View Full Version : What to spend gems on...

daenerys143
07-09-13, 07:19 AM
I have been debating on what to spend gems on. It's between sonic ovens or extra appliance slots. I would like some input please. Also, I am a little confused as to how the extra appliance slots work. If I bought 2 slots at say lvl 17, would I still get the slot due at 19 and so on? or am I just paying to get my slot earlier? Thanks.

The prices for these things seems really high considering I've seen people say they paid 24 gems :\

daenerys143
07-09-13, 07:49 AM
i decided to go with the ovens when after a server sync i lost a few gems :\

nky1111
07-09-13, 09:13 AM
it's only useful if you can't get a goal reward without extra slots. these gems will never return. how long would it take to knock 49 gems with ONE SLOT?? that's when they will return...

happyheartfla
07-09-13, 03:53 PM
When you pay to unlock slot for an appliance are you using the slot that would have been awarded at a future level, or are you gaining an additional slot permanently?

greygull
07-09-13, 04:43 PM
When you pay to unlock slot for an appliance are you using the slot that would have been awarded at a future level, or are you gaining an additional slot permanently?

It's 1 additional permanent slot. If you were approaching the next level that unlocks an slot, it would still unlock. Level 73 is the last one to unlock a slot, totaling 18 free slots. Each additional slot you purchase is added to that :)

nicxole
07-13-13, 05:26 PM
I'm very thrifty with gems, in fact I have over 200+. I keep waiting for the perfect theme to spend them on. I personally don't think the sonic oven isn't worth it because it really doesn't decrease the cook time by that much and its worth a lot of gems. If anything, I'd buy the appliance slot. But once you level up you get more & more ovens, it just takes time.

cherryberry9
07-15-13, 07:54 PM
You shouldn't use gems on boxes- I just opened the beach box and yet again, got another fourth prize - :(

AdorkableGeek
07-16-13, 03:00 AM
I save up my gems and only really use them for goals I am unable to complete...and for decor, which requires gems.