PDA

View Full Version : gem sale and free gem offers

sesamecake
07-07-13, 04:18 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if the gem sales ever go for more than 10-30%? Like is it ever 40-50% sale and how often is it? I'm asking because I want to know when would be the best time to buy gems if I wanted to.

Also, other than leveling Restaurant/Fashion story for gems, has anyone done the free gem offers and gotten the gems? I thought about doing the free credit report one and then cancelling it before it charges me, but it says they may revoke the gems. What if I spend them real quick? Can it work that way? I also tried signing up for the Discover Card but I didn't get instantly approved so I dunno whats up with that.

OnCloudDivine
07-07-13, 04:35 PM
Gem sales are completely random, but they have had 40% sales before, after thanksgiving and before Christmas, that were for all users. If you want gems soon, 30% will be your best sale.

I strongly advise against the free credit report! Considering you were not instantly approved for the Discover Card (thank goodness), there may be something wrong with your credit and getting these "free" reports hurts it even more by requesting a credit check. Gaming the system by cancelling would never work (they allow for at least a 3 day processing time before awarding gems). It would be far less costly to buy the gems. However, I hear the 1 gem video works and has awarded gems, no personal infirnation required.

sesamecake
07-07-13, 07:41 PM
Ok, applying for the Discover card might have been a mistake since I was not instantly approved, but I think the free credit reports are safe. I read something that said applying for credit does a "hard" inquiry, whereas checking your own credit is a "soft" inquiry. The hard can have a slight negative impact on your credit but a soft inquiry does nothing since it's just you keeping track of your own record. However, I did cash in on the Restaurant.com deal, $20 for a $50 gift certificate, not a bad deal. And I got 50 gems to boot.

[S8] Elsa
07-08-13, 10:23 AM
Hello all, I was just wondering if the gem sales ever go for more than 10-30%? Like is it ever 40-50% sale and how often is it? I'm asking because I want to know when would be the best time to buy gems if I wanted to.

Also, other than leveling Restaurant/Fashion story for gems, has anyone done the free gem offers and gotten the gems? I thought about doing the free credit report one and then cancelling it before it charges me, but it says they may revoke the gems. What if I spend them real quick? Can it work that way? I also tried signing up for the Discover Card but I didn't get instantly approved so I dunno whats up with that.

I don't recommend this. If it revokes your Gems and your account goes negative it can cause some unpredictable technical issues with your game (the game is designed not to go negative under normal gameplay circumstances). Support wouldn't be able to help since this is an exploitative action.