PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted farm

cartoc6
07-07-13, 12:03 PM
I currently have the large farm, is it worth it to invest in the enchanted farm? Is there anything special about the food besides the cost is higher?

RotomGuy
07-07-13, 12:06 PM
Upgrading is one of the most important things you need to do. The amount of food is significantly higher.

wth2m
07-07-13, 12:37 PM
I would be sure that you're getting enough coins per hour though before you did. Because I upgraded at quite a low level and was not able to keep up with the coin pricess required to plant crops from enchanted farms, and instead just went back to the regular large farm crops until I was earning enough. So I basically paid to upgrade them but wasn't able to use them until later on down the road.

kbrown0410
07-07-13, 02:35 PM
Also, there are goal requirements that need you to harvest Diamondates, for example

NouraMoh
07-07-13, 02:45 PM
Plus they look good :)

kwhales
07-07-13, 04:36 PM
I believe the only difference between the enchanted farm and the large farm is upgrades, rushrooms and diamondates. These are higher prices foods. If you need more food, but don't have the coins for the enchanted farm, dedicate 3 of our current farms to scalypears - the 13,000 20 hr food. You will spend less and accumulate food nicely. And there really isn't a rush to upgrade your dragons past 4 (when you can breed them). Yes, they bring in more coins, but you will just be spending it to feed them.

evangelina812
07-09-13, 08:41 PM
Yes definitely upgrade. There is one food that only takes 10 minutes (26,000 coins, though) and drops 100 food! That's 600 food in one hour, unlike 50 food in one hour I you use just the big farm.

evangelina812
07-09-13, 08:42 PM
I mean 8,000 coins, not 26,000! 26,000 coins for a crop that takes 1 hour, which drops 300 food (only half as much)

splodged
07-10-13, 04:34 AM
I have 4 upgraded farms and 2 small ones I use the small ones for hourly as the food does not die. Since Ive been playing Dragon story for 6 months and have only just found out what a wall is for Ive been trying to change my neighbours. I play Castle story (Cs), Restaurant story (Rs), Bakery story (Bs) and Pet story (Ps) but still keeping up with Dragon story and Castle story since taking on the others has been a task. So I have only been planting foods 8 hourly on my upgraded farms. I think it depends on how often you play the game. If you work for 8 hours a day its worth putting the farms on 8 hourly. If you only play games once a day then the 20 hourly fits. If you want to play the game all day then the hourly works just as well. I found that coin drop increased once I had 10 red dragons at level 10. Then the amount of coins that you can collect increases. Any new person to the game I would suggest to not worry about breeding to start and just get your red dragons to level 10. I started to breed other dragons and have only just realised that my coin increase went up leaps and bo

splodged
07-10-13, 04:39 AM
leaps and bounds when my red dragons, Yellow dragons and green dragons all became level 10. Hope this helps my id is splodged you are more than welcome to come and have a look around.

montrianmaster
07-10-13, 07:30 AM
they may cost more but you get more and don't have to wait as long.

TinksThots
07-13-13, 09:19 PM
Keep in mind there's a goal to upgrade farms at some point. I'm not sure if it's to upgrade just one or more than one, but I don't know if it's retroactive or not, and if you upgrade all 6 of your farms before opening that goal, you might have to pay to do it again to complete it.

Does anyone know if that goal is retroactive and whether that would happen, or if it's safe to go ahead and upgrade?

kapi_place
07-14-13, 11:46 AM
I agree. I only grow 1 dragon per type to epic level, rest other same type remain at 4. I have mostly farms. I only upgraded to enchanted to meet goals. Also, when I started collecting high level of coins, I upgraded from the farm directly to enchanted.

dragonpoopin
04-28-15, 08:18 AM
Large and enchanted farms are a waste of space, it costs way too much planting anything other than impruberries and buffbeats.
6 food every 30 seconds, I have 6 farms, 36 food, you plant for 3 minutes straight and that's 216 food, buffbeats is 120 if ur busy doing other stuff at the same time, per food harvested the impruberries will give you massive amounts of food even if you only have a few minutes, if you go for an hour straight just planting them you can make 4320 food for only 21,600 coins.
Not only that you save so much space, four small farms fit in the space of one large/enchanted farm!

zyfazix
04-28-15, 09:22 AM
Large and enchanted farms are a waste of space, it costs way too much planting anything other than impruberries and buffbeats.
6 food every 30 seconds, I have 6 farms, 36 food, you plant for 3 minutes straight and that's 216 food, buffbeats is 120 if ur busy doing other stuff at the same time, per food harvested the impruberries will give you massive amounts of food even if you only have a few minutes, if you go for an hour straight just planting them you can make 4320 food for only 21,600 coins.
Not only that you save so much space, four small farms fit in the space of one large/enchanted farm!

You must not be a very high level player or simply have too much time on your hands. By the way, this thread has been dead for two years. Don't wake the dead

Anaboe
04-28-15, 01:04 PM
I'm a high level player, and I only plant Diamondates... And it's still not enough to keep all my dragons fed to lvl 10, and I still have waaaaaay too much coins... So upgrading is fine and even nessecary.

And don't forget the World-events: the 5, 8 and 20 hour hour crops are the best way to get parts for most players.

dragonpoopin
04-29-15, 06:41 AM
You must not be a very high level player or simply have too much time on your hands. By the way, this thread has been dead for two years. Don't wake the dead

Lol I'm lvl 19 so yeah all true but whatever I stand by what I said, I do what I want, this thread ain't dead no more!! Haaahahahahahaaaaa

dragonpoopin
04-29-15, 06:45 AM
Lol I'm lvl 19 so yeah all true but whatever I stand by what I said, I do what I want, this thread ain't dead no more!! Haaahahahahahaaaaa

Rise ancient thread of enchanted torment!

Kennedward
04-29-15, 06:51 AM
Rise ancient thread of enchanted torment!

LOL an old thread was revived!

dragonpoopin
04-29-15, 07:05 AM
I'm a high level player, and I only plant Diamondates... And it's still not enough to keep all my dragons fed to lvl 10, and I still have waaaaaay too much coins... So upgrading is fine and even nessecary.

And don't forget the World-events: the 5, 8 and 20 hour hour crops are the best way to get parts for most players.

Diamondates are 75,000 coins for only 800 food Just having 6 farms, spending 450,000 coins on 4,800 food seems really ridiculous, I work a full day, come home and relax, one time just sitting around watching TV and playing dragon story I managed to rack up over 12,000 food, I don't have any lvl 10 dragons yet but that's cause it doesn't feel necessary at such a low lvl, I just don't think I could bring myself to spending all that coin on such small amounts of food... No such thing as too much coins!

MaribouMay
04-29-15, 07:46 AM
Diamondates are 75,000 coins for only 800 food Just having 6 farms, spending 450,000 coins on 4,800 food seems really ridiculous, I work a full day, come home and relax, one time just sitting around watching TV and playing dragon story I managed to rack up over 12,000 food, I don't have any lvl 10 dragons yet but that's cause it doesn't feel necessary at such a low lvl, I just don't think I could bring myself to spending all that coin on such small amounts of food... No such thing as too much coins!

You are right. Early on you should not bother with the larger farms and more expensive food. The farms take up precious space too. Build up your isle for a while, the quests will still be there when you are ready to do them. I kept my little farms until I was at or close to level 100.

Anaboe
04-29-15, 09:07 AM
No such thing as too much coins!

Mwao, I dissagree. I have 250,000,000 coins, and 3,500,000 food, and more lvl 10 dragons than I can count, so yes, there is such a thing as too much coins. Yes, 75,000 coins is a lot of coins for 800 coins, but to me it's the best bang for the buck: I don't have to check in every hour or even quicker, and still make a decent amount of food. And, I make more coins in 3-4 hours, than the 7x Diamondates cost.

yeshayahu
08-31-15, 12:53 PM
I am interested in Lava providing some more farms or uping the food level, seeing we now have dragons going to level 15. I am having trouble right now just trying to bring my dragons to level 10. I have many dragons still only at level 7 or 8 and lots just staying at level 9 because they take 10000 or 15000. I cannot keep up. How on earth am going to be able to bring my dragons to level 15. I am a senior citizen and I cannot afford to buy food.

yeshayahu
08-31-15, 01:11 PM
Oh by the way it takes many coins to do farming on Arctic Isles on Dragon Story.

Xyn25
08-31-15, 04:09 PM
I am interested in Lava providing some more farms or uping the food level, seeing we now have dragons going to level 15. I am having trouble right now just trying to bring my dragons to level 10. I have many dragons still only at level 7 or 8 and lots just staying at level 9 because they take 10000 or 15000. I cannot keep up. How on earth am going to be able to bring my dragons to level 15. I am a senior citizen and I cannot afford to buy food.

I would just try to hoard enough food to bring a Diamond Dragon and a Champion type dragon to level 15 relatively fast. The Prime dragons aren't going away anytime soon, so I'd just take my time trying to harvest food to evolve other dragons in order to breed them.

Kennedward
08-31-15, 04:17 PM
I would just try to hoard enough food to bring a Diamond Dragon and a Champion type dragon to level 15 relatively fast. The Prime dragons aren't going away anytime soon, so I'd just take my time trying to harvest food to evolve other dragons in order to breed them.

Agreed, that's what I'm doing as well

yeshayahu
09-01-15, 06:14 AM
That is okay for those who have Habitats that are 500 Gold. For those of us who cannot afford them we run out of room fast. I at the moment have no room except for Prime Dragons. It takes a lot of time breeding also. I have spent weeks and months to try and get Helios (300X's and counting before I gave up), Astomancer, Diamond Prism (120X's) Prism, Dark Angel and Black Angel with no sucess. So I am behind trying to catch up. I have spent time as well on the other Diamonds. And the mistakes you make in breeding and have to staet over. Yikes!!! I really would like to see a higher yeild of Food.

lauraleighashby
09-01-15, 06:40 AM
I have not upgraded to enchanted yet only because of the space they take up. Do the enchanted farms take up more room than a large habitat? It seems the large farms are the same size as one and the enchanted look even larger.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 06:54 AM
That is okay for those who have Habitats that are 500 Gold. For those of us who cannot afford them we run out of room fast. I at the moment have no room except for Prime Dragons. It takes a lot of time breeding also. I have spent weeks and months to try and get Helios (300X's and counting before I gave up), Astomancer, Diamond Prism (120X's) Prism, Dark Angel and Black Angel with no sucess. So I am behind trying to catch up. I have spent time as well on the other Diamonds. And the mistakes you make in breeding and have to staet over. Yikes!!! I really would like to see a higher yeild of Food.

Diamonds are hard to breed, so it's normal

yeshayahu
09-10-15, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone. Well I am trying to upgrade the Splatter Dragon on the latest Quest to level 15. This has taken days without using Gold on the enchanted Food farms. So my Quest is going to be toast as I cannot afford the 15 Gold to spend on the dragon. Lava has made this Quest very hard. I was doing a Quest on Fantasy Forest Story and used pretty much all my Gems. Did not have enough to finish the Quest. I am nit enamored getting my dragons to level 15. On DV no problem getting my Dragons to level 20 and crowning my dragon.