PDA

View Full Version : Expansion - Gems or Coins?

lovepetco
07-06-13, 08:07 AM
Hi,

I am just curious what most people do/have done for expansion?

Do you prefer to use coins or gems?

I have the goal to expand to 16x19 for either 2,000,000 coins or 40 gems and I can't decide what to use.

I do hoard my gems so have enough, but....it's also hard to get those coins up to a high level and I'm not that far over the 2,000,000 mark. I can also continue to wait :)

So really just curious overall.

Thanks!

sanya87
07-06-13, 08:35 AM
personally, i had never use gems for expansions because eventually with time you will get the amount of coins you need. and gems on the other hand with time are more hard to get unless you buy them. i prefer to keep gems for LTO's or similar things which unfortunately are never offered for coins :)

AdorkableGeek
07-06-13, 09:32 AM
I too am a gem hoarder. :) I prefer to expand with coins because it's easier to get the money back, whereas gems are harder to get hold of (without purchasing with real money).

kiwyro
07-06-13, 12:33 PM
i prefer to pay with money since i dont spend money in gems its hard to get them i only spend gems in things i love.. an expansions can wait till i earn the money... ♥

igames4me
07-06-13, 12:50 PM
I use coins.... My gems are for pretty LTO displays

nky1111
07-06-13, 01:27 PM
in FS expansions are cheap so there's no need to use gems. it's not the Bakery))

cherryberry9
07-06-13, 03:43 PM
I would use coins if I were you. Its not an insane amount so it wouldn't take forever to make the money back...than you have money for a cute LTO.

MizCricket
07-06-13, 07:24 PM
Coins. I'd never use gems for an expansion in this game. It's too costly and it doesn't take too long to earn enough coins to expand.

lovepetco
07-07-13, 07:19 AM
Thank you everyone; I appreciate the feedback! I think I'll wait another week to build up my coins and then expand.

jojopeanut
07-07-13, 07:52 PM
Im the minority here. I've been fully expanded for over a year. Almost all I did with gems except the smaller expansions early on. I just would expand 2 a month with gems till I was done at first they were 40 gems then price increase to 80 luckily by the time the increase started I was almost done.

minidemon88
07-09-13, 01:16 AM
Coins for expansion for me. Gems are way too precious and so I prefer to spend them on pretty LTO instead. :p

mymummy789
07-09-13, 01:49 AM
Im the minority here. I've been fully expanded for over a year. Almost all I did with gems except the smaller expansions early on. I just would expand 2 a month with gems till I was done at first they were 40 gems then price increase to 80 luckily by the time the increase started I was almost done.

I also did most of my expansions with gems as I liked having plenty of coins left to redesign after expanding. Plus, I am extremely impatient!!!!

triztriz99
07-12-13, 12:34 PM
welll.... ifu expand with u gemz u can get the biggest expansion but coins u hav to do all the others before u can get to the last one

rosieposy6912
07-15-13, 06:40 AM
Coins are way better. Even thought they're sometimes hard to earn, coins are still better.

sapphirecross
07-16-13, 03:14 PM
You have to buy each expansion in order, whether coins or gems - you cannot skip to the biggest.

If you expand, then put additional racks and counters in the new space, you will increase how much money you make and build up coins faster, rather than waiting. :) I used to do that, wait to expand and it just ends up taking longer. Now I expand as soon as I hit the target amount, unless I have clothes about to be ready - then I wait and reorder first, then expand after if I have enough still.

triztriz99
07-21-13, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=sapphirecross;688557]You have to buy each expansion in order, whether coins or gems - you cannot skip to the biggest.

If you expand, then put additional racks and counters in the new space, you will increase how much money you make and build up coins faster, rather than waiting. :) I used to do that, wait to expand and it just ends up taking longer. Now I expand as soon as I hit the target amount, unless I have clothes about to be ready - then I wait and reorder first, then expand after if I have enough still.[/QUOTE
u seriously hav to go in order with gemz?! ok i choos coins now!

triztriz99
07-21-13, 06:04 PM
I also did most of my expansions with gems as I liked having plenty of coins left to redesign after expanding. Plus, I am extremely impatient!!!!

do u hav to go in order with gemz? u cant justbuy the biggest expansion?

triztriz99
07-23-13, 09:24 AM
in this case use coins!