PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update July-10-13

aileeniweeni
07-05-13, 01:40 PM
New Teaser!

Looking to reign in some new customers?
http://i.imgur.com/O2TVPQK.png
Impress your "naaay"-bors with the Crazy Horse Race in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

Looks like a box, cute though:
http://media.tumblr.com/76ae18db4ef826777040abafbfac4799/tumblr_inline_mposk6fzbo1qz4rgp.png

4th prizes- cotton candy machine, clown trash can, balloon clown, fortune teller
3rd prizes- sledge striker, lemonade stand
2nd prizes- s**** shot derby, water race car
1st prize- super shot

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/721275bf-d3e3-4302-8a44-5e1ef5d5999b.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/721275bf-d3e3-4302-8a44-5e1ef5d5999b.jpg.html)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/3rd.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/3rd.jpg.html)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/s****shot.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/s****shot.jpg.html)

astraeagrim
07-05-13, 03:23 PM
I am absolutely loving the new updates. Great job TL! Can't wait till this update is available. It looks like its going to be a box. Although, I really wish they would once again have the items available for purchase individually out of the box like they did before. I just hate not being able to win any of the 1st level prizes.

cherryberry9
07-05-13, 05:47 PM
If its a box, that looks like 2nd prize.

bigbux3
07-05-13, 06:04 PM
If its a box, that looks like 2nd prize.

I predicted this as well.

Why doesn't Restaurant Story get items as cool as Bakery Story usually does?

tennysonrobin
07-05-13, 07:54 PM

I think the team designing for RS is a different team and the way they draw and design items is not the same as RS. BS has a cute design for every item, and a lot of details and colors. With RS the items is much simpler and less colorful, things are sharper and... rawer, perhaps? Anyway it's hard to compare 2 games, they're just different, and RS is cool as well! But I would like to see RS improve their items more of course

cherryberry9
07-05-13, 11:22 PM

Who knows...I don't know who works on this stuff. But have you seen all the pirate stuff on BS? So much detail. The treasure island goal prize and today's teaser have SO MUCH detail. Have to credit TL for that.

bigbux3
07-06-13, 09:00 AM
Who knows...I don't know who works on this stuff. But have you seen all the pirate stuff on BS? So much detail. The treasure island goal prize and today's teaser have SO MUCH detail. Have to credit TL for that.

Yeah. And sometimes I wish Restaurant Story got items like Bakery Story did; with that much detail!

cherryberry9
07-06-13, 03:17 PM
Yeah. And sometimes I wish Restaurant Story got items like Bakery Story did; with that much detail!

Yeah...I sometimes wish that too... and vice versa. It really just depends on the item though.

cherryberry9
07-06-13, 03:20 PM
Hey Everyone...I just realized something. If the updates we got last month happen again, than this may be a goal prize for the harder over level 40 goals. Just a thought but you never know. It could very well be that.

bigbux3
07-06-13, 03:49 PM
Hey Everyone...I just realized something. If the updates we got last month happen again, than this may be a goal prize for the harder over level 40 goals. Just a thought but you never know. It could very well be that.

I hope not! I'm still struggling with coins because the Cruise Ship goals made me broke! :(

I'm still running on 100,000+ coins.

Oliver118
07-07-13, 09:51 AM
Seems like RS is continuing the carnival theme:cool:

cherryberry9
07-07-13, 11:45 AM
I hope not! I'm still struggling with coins because the Cruise Ship goals made me broke! :(

Believe me...I'm running on less than 500,000 coins but hey, if it is a goal, than we don't need to spend gems.

sharbuch
07-07-13, 05:31 PM
I think the team designing for RS is a different team and the way they draw and design items is not the same as RS. BS has a cute design for every item, and a lot of details and colors. With RS the items is much simpler and less colorful, things are sharper and... rawer, perhaps? Anyway it's hard to compare 2 games, they're just different, and RS is cool as well! But I would like to see RS improve their items more of course

I agree rs is kind of boring looking compared to BS I would like to see better wall paper and flooring bight colours and not costing an arm and leg to get. Its suppose to be fun but man thing are costing outrageous amount of money and nothing back when you sell stuff but this it true though out all their games cost 20,000.00 for a stove but only get 1,500.00 when you sell that's ridiculous.

Oliver118
07-07-13, 11:02 PM
I agree rs is kind of boring looking compared to BS I would like to see better wall paper and flooring bight colours and not costing an arm and leg to get. Its suppose to be fun but man thing are costing outrageous amount of money and nothing back when you sell stuff but this it true though out all their games cost 20,000.00 for a stove but only get 1,500.00 when you sell that's ridiculous.

Bakery story is meant to be cute, vintage, elegant because it's basically a couture cafe. Restaurant story is the more retro, fast-food diner etc. kinda game.

bigbux3
07-07-13, 11:14 PM
Bakery story is meant to be cute, vintage, elegant because it's basically a couture cafe. Restaurant story is the more retro, fast-food diner etc. kinda game.

But, a restaurant can have many different themes. All of which should have much detail to every certain item released in Restaurant Story.

We don't have trash cans, bathrooms, or anything of this sort. I've been wanting that Breakfast Buffet from Bakery Story in Restaurant Story for a long time!

astraeagrim
07-08-13, 05:04 PM
Oliver is so correct. Bakery is cutesy kid candyland themed and if you like that then play there. I personally love the more adult themes in Restaurant story. I would love it if we got even more of the cool nightclub items from the defunct nightclub story in restaurant. I am glad we got a pirate theme in bakery. It was a breath of fresh air from the typical pink barf we usually get.

bobbyrae
07-08-13, 06:20 PM

I'm still happy with my decision not to do that set of goals! Put out some kiwi cake and tiramisu on several counters and see if that helps any.

minidemon88
07-09-13, 01:05 AM
It can't be another goal again. More like a box week updates instead. And there's still people struggling with the ongoing goals or trying to save up enough coins.

jdsam78
07-09-13, 08:44 AM
how do i start the cruise ship challenge? im level 32 and only ever recieved 2 goal/challenges:(

igames4me
07-09-13, 09:54 AM
how do i start the cruise ship challenge? im level 32 and only ever recieved 2 goal/challenges:(
Cruise ship challenge doesn't pop up until you are at level 40+

rosewaterlily
07-09-13, 02:33 PM
Looks like a box, cute though:
http://media.tumblr.com/76ae18db4ef826777040abafbfac4799/tumblr_inline_mposk6fzbo1qz4rgp.png

The Carnival is still in town! Need some new entertainment in your store? The Crazy Horse Race will get everyone racing to your restaurant in Restaurant Story!

Keep them coming back for more with some other fun items:

Water Race Car
Hammer Game
Super Shot

igames4me
07-09-13, 02:42 PM
Th?nks rose
Definitely a box

astraeagrim
07-09-13, 02:49 PM
So hitting this one. I want the lot. Man, I so hope they have these for individual sale. I so want the Super shot 1st prize, but dang I have never won one 1st prize yet despite all the gems I've spent. Now if I just had more room. I'm at max size now. Need more expansions... hint, hint TL. Too many really neat big items coming out. It's competing for my need for tables.

rosewaterlily
07-09-13, 02:52 PM
Lots of nice thing in that box but if I opened one I bet I'd get the scary clown. :P

igames4me
07-09-13, 02:55 PM
Yes tl please offer them out of box

You'll get more buyers which means $$$$$$

xoxjenn
07-09-13, 03:01 PM
Can Bakery Story PLEASE PLEASE have a theme like this?! -_- Pirates are not for me.

bigbux3
07-09-13, 03:19 PM
I'm still not loving the color choices.

And I think someone won the concept contest that made a Lemonade Cart... I think.

I really like these items though. I'm sure I'll be buying from the box.

We should've gotten that Cotton Candy Machine from Bakery Story, instead of that small one in the blog picture.
And what is that Clown Item?

I think the funniest part is the people on that ride. They aren't even high up!

astraeagrim
07-09-13, 03:28 PM
I'm still not loving the color choices.

And I think someone won the concept contest that made a Lemonade Cart... I think.

I really like these items though. I'm sure I'll be buying from the box.

We should've gotten that Cotton Candy Machine from Bakery Story, instead of that small one in the blog picture.
And what is that Clown Item?

I think the funniest part is the people on that ride. They aren't even high up!

I think the clown thing is a trash can. I have seen one like it in amusement parks before. You put your trash in the clowns mouth.

CuteTali
07-09-13, 03:42 PM
Can Bakery Story PLEASE PLEASE have a theme like this?! -_- Pirates are not for me.

Oh no thanks. I'm not a fan of all these primary colors, especially in my pastel bakery, I like for bakery to be delicate, pastel, feminine style. Right now I'm doing the pirate path because it's summer and the wallpaper is fantastic, so it all goes well together, but normally I stick with pretty pastels for my bakery. This whole theme would just be too harsh for a bakery setting in my opinion.

bigbux3
07-09-13, 03:52 PM
I think the clown thing is a trash can. I have seen one like it in amusement parks before. You put your trash in the clowns mouth.

Those trash cans are a LOT bigger with a bigger hole to put your trash in.
That one is very tiny!

astraeagrim
07-09-13, 04:06 PM
Actually someone suggested all this stuff on the bakery story forum back in Feb. of 2012

"Summer Carnival- Carnival Barker, Balloon Clown, Carnival Wall Paper, Grass floor tile, Carousel Cake Floor Decoration, Clown Mouth Trash Bin, various carnival game floor decorations. New food items include Funnel Cake, Caramel Apple Donut, Deep Fried Candy Bar, Cotton Candy Cupcake, Candy Nachos"

That's why i think it is a trash can.

minidemon88
07-10-13, 01:34 AM
The crazy horse race display looks so huge in the teaser. But I'm not gambling my gems on boxes. Always end up with a 4th prize item instead. Argh! The cotton candy machine look so tiny if you place it beside the lemonade stand. =.="

jopazz
07-10-13, 06:49 AM
I want the lemonade cart *so* bad, but I only have enough gems to get 1 box, should I do it? o_O I like the carnival theme and I loved decorating my restaurant (you have to use your imagination a bit and pretend everything with columns is under a tent) BUT I think a lot of the items are limited use and ONLY fit a carnival/fair theme. Except that lemonade stand...

07-10-13, 10:45 AM
Opened a box, and got the 4th place fortune telling machine. Boo!

bigbux3
07-10-13, 10:45 AM
Opened a box, and got the 4th place fortune telling machine. Boo!

To be honest, I want that, along with the Lemonade Cart and a few other items.

cherryberry9
07-10-13, 10:50 AM
I may open it on my test account before my real account.

bigbux3
07-10-13, 10:56 AM
I got the Sledge Striker (3rd Place) and the Lemonade Stand (3rd Place)

astraeagrim
07-10-13, 11:28 AM
Gotten everything but the water race car and of course the super shot. Still no luck with 1st prizes.

astraeagrim
07-10-13, 11:33 AM
4th prizes- cotton candy machine, clown trash can, balloon clown, fortune teller
1st prize- super shot

added to post 1

bigbux3
07-10-13, 11:34 AM
Gotten everything but the water race car and of course the super shot. Still no luck with 1st prizes.
Isn't the Super Shot the first place item?

astraeagrim
07-10-13, 11:36 AM
Isn't the Super Shot the first place item?

Yes. Just that i have yet to ever win any 1st prize items despite the number of times I've hit the boxes. :(

Riixie
07-10-13, 11:40 AM
Wow!

I've never ever purchased ANY box, ever!!! I just couldn't contain myself (I had 160+ gems) so I went ahead and got first prize! YAY! (: I got the super shot! ^^~

rosewaterlily
07-10-13, 11:46 AM
Tiny cotton candy machine for me. At least it wasn't a clown.

jopazz
07-10-13, 11:51 AM
Got the stinkin' creepy balloon clown. He will not be seen again until Halloween. -_-
In my opinion, 3rd and 4th place items SHOULD BE WORTH 24 gems. 1st & 2nd place prizes should be worth more accordingly. It's so disappointing to get something worth less than 10 when spending 24. Oh well. You would think I would learn my lesson about those boxes!

mjauuuu
07-10-13, 11:52 AM
Wow!

I've never ever purchased ANY box, ever!!! I just couldn't contain myself (I had 160+ gems) so I went ahead and got first prize! YAY! (: I got the super shot! ^^~

Congrats! :D

Riixie
07-10-13, 12:11 PM
^
Thank you!! (:

I did it again and got the lemonade stand, it's cute (:

chewytwix
07-10-13, 01:03 PM
I'm afraid of getting the scary clown so I don't think I'll even try with this one

LCAHEARTS
07-10-13, 04:21 PM
I'm afraid of getting the scary clown so I don't think I'll even try with this one

Exactly.

astraeagrim
07-10-13, 04:46 PM
1st prize- super shot

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/721275bf-d3e3-4302-8a44-5e1ef5d5999b.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/721275bf-d3e3-4302-8a44-5e1ef5d5999b.jpg.html)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/3rd.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/3rd.jpg.html)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Astraea1976/s****shot.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/Astraea1976/media/s****shot.jpg.html)

added to post 1

Pictures of some of the items

-added pictures to post 1-

cherryberry9
07-10-13, 07:18 PM

Tried once, got the clown. I'm pissed.

bigbux3
07-10-13, 07:23 PM
I personally think that the Sledge Striker should be a 4th place item and the Fortune Teller be a 3rd place item.

And I really couldn't tell that that clown was a trash can...

07-10-13, 07:39 PM
Tried once, got the clown. I'm pissed.

I just spit my drink out when I read this. Hahahahaha! I'm terrified of clowns. I swear if I'd won that id have sold it Immediately. The gems it cost be darned.

07-10-13, 07:40 PM
I personally think that the Sledge Striker should be a 4th place item and the Fortune Teller be a 3rd place item.

And I really couldn't tell that that clown was a trash can...

The fortune teller is too small and bland to be 3rd place. It's cute, but gosh, they **** me with the hideous prizes. Wish I could give mines away.

bigbux3
07-10-13, 07:46 PM
The fortune teller is too small and bland to be 3rd place. It's cute, but gosh, they **** me with the hideous prizes. Wish I could give mine away.

But you can tell that whoever designed it took the time to make it. The Sledge Striker is bland and small. To be a 3rd place item, it would have to be taller and there'd have to be someone at the bottom about to hit it; in my opinion.

rosewaterlily
07-10-13, 08:18 PM
I notice they artfully hid the clown with balloons in the blog teaser. I don't think I would have risked the gems if I'd know there was a clown AND a clown trash can as fourth place prizes. The s**** shot derby is gorgeous though, I thought it was the first place prize when the picture was released, and I like it better than the actual first place prize.

cherryberry9
07-10-13, 10:49 PM
I notice they artfully hid the clown with balloons in the blog teaser. I don't think I would have risked the gems if I'd know there was a clown AND a clown trash can as fourth place prizes. The s**** shot derby is gorgeous though, I thought it was the first place prize when the picture was released, and I like it better than the actual first place prize.

IMO, I hate it when they do it. They're just hiding items so we can't see them, thus we buy the box cause we didn't see the horrible items.

CruiserBobs
07-10-13, 11:07 PM
I may open it on my test account before my real account.

I hate this. I only wanted the s**** shot derby, so I opened four boxes on my real account and got 2 clown bins and 2 clowns. LOL Then I go and open a box on my other restaurant that I don't play anymore and I actually got the s**** shot derby......I tried opening boxes on my test account first and I always get 2nd place there, but for my real accounts, I always end up getting 4th place.

Now I'm stuck with 4 ugly clowns, while my other restaurant got the item I really wanted.

bigbux3
07-10-13, 11:33 PM
Bummer they didn't make celshark's Dunk Tank from the Design an Item for RS and BS contest.
But celshark also submitted the Sledge Striker, but as a different name!

cherryberry9
07-11-13, 11:10 AM
I hate this. I only wanted the s**** shot derby, so I opened four boxes on my real account and got 2 clown bins and 2 clowns. LOL Then I go and open a box on my other restaurant that I don't play anymore and I actually got the s**** shot derby......I tried opening boxes on my test account first and I always get 2nd place there, but for my real accounts, I always end up getting 4th place.

Now I'm stuck with 4 ugly clowns, while my other restaurant got the item I really wanted.

Guess what I got on my test account...a clown trashcan. So glad that's my test account. I'm sorry for what your outcome was with the box.

goofy42
07-12-13, 01:25 PM
I was just wondering..which appliance is used to cook the new food items...Caramel Apple Donut, Deep Fried Candy Bar, Cotton Candy Bar, Cotton Candy Cupcake, and Candy Nachos? Thanks..

bigbux3
07-12-13, 02:24 PM
I was just wondering..which appliance is used to cook the new food items...Caramel Apple Donut, Deep Fried Candy Bar, Cotton Candy Bar, Cotton Candy Cupcake, and Candy Nachos? Thanks..

There is no appliance with the recipes on it.

goofy42
07-13-13, 10:47 AM
Oh, geez, I am sorry..I was reading post #31 and I saw those recipes listed....Now that I just looked back at that post, I realize that they were
simply suggestions that players had made:-) I should read more carefully. For a while, I thought I was going nuts! Thanks for the response.

bigbux3
07-13-13, 11:07 AM
Oh, geez, I am sorry..I was reading post #31 and I saw those recipes listed....Now that I just looked back at that post, I realize that they were
simply suggestions that players had made:-) I should read more carefully. For a while, I thought I was going nuts! Thanks for the response.
Hahaha. It's fine. I wish those recipes were in the game though! :)

goofy42
07-13-13, 11:41 AM
LOL.. I'd like those recipes outside the game:) They sound yummy��Thanks for the quick reply��