PDA

View Full Version : Venting: Tired of so many goals

puppynox
07-04-13, 01:10 PM
I wish we didn't get complicated/long sets of goals so frequently. They seem to come every month lately and take about two weeks to complete. I spend half my month just trying to finish new goals, instead of working on the regular stuff like mastering older recipes and decorating. And lately, every goal seems to have two kinds of ovens to work with, so it's even worse. It's starting to irritate me.

I know nobody "makes" me do the goals, but if I don't, the ovens will be permanently locked, and someday I might regret not having them. I wish these complicated goals only came up every couple of months or less. And only introducing one new oven at a time would be better, too. I don't like feeling like I never make headway on catching up.

Anyone else feel the same?

chewytwix
07-04-13, 01:19 PM
I've finished everything and have nothing to work on except for new goals and the impossible final expansion. So, I welcome the goals, even though it deters me from saving for my needed expansion

07-04-13, 01:25 PM
Considering I started off on android and could only stare in envy at goals items iOS had, I welcome any and every goal.

I didnt do the valentine, Mexican and music ones in my smaller bakery but wish I had. I'd love to have gotten the piano, but alas, I choose to not wear myself down with doing two sets of goals on two devices. Just do what you can manage. There will be tons more to come later for those who can't or won't do them now.

nky1111
07-04-13, 01:41 PM
I already forgot when there was the previous goal. tea time?? that was ages ago.. and it needed less than half appliance slots.. I wanted to decorate tea time but then they started 4th july and I've done that instead and got out of coins lol.
I do all the goals.. the more new ovens the better)) I've started playing at Thanksgiving and regret not having completed it because it seemed too expensive and i've stopped doing it but actually it was doable

nky1111
07-04-13, 01:47 PM
At least here everything is doable. I play another game where they throw the goals every WEEK and they aren't doable unless you're very high level.. that's fun lol

supahmonkiee
07-04-13, 02:08 PM
I LOVE the goals. Esp. the prizes we get! It's something to do. Whats the point of playing if there isnt something to look forward too?

Isiora
07-04-13, 02:28 PM
I agree. I wish we had had time to recover from the last set of goals, I wouldn't mind so much if this had happened mid-month, especially since this goal is not connected to the upcoming holiday. I'm trying to expand and completing goals just cost so much. I also wish we didn't have to go to our neighbors to request items twice in one goal set, especially since there's a limitation on how many requests you can make a day.

ifurita
07-04-13, 05:55 PM
It'll get much easier once you hit level cap :) Maybe compromise and only do goals to the point of unlocking ovens--which is what I do with my alt bakeries.

If you optimize (table layout, xp recipes, etc), leveling up is almost too easy. So, you end up super bored when there aren't goals bc eventually you will catch up if you play long enough.

Ultimately, the goals, erm, encourage people to spend gems, so for that reason alone I doubt they'll change :cool:

sls0991
07-04-13, 08:35 PM
I LOVE the goals. Esp. the prizes we get! It's something to do. Whats the point of playing if there isnt something to look forward too?

I agree completely. I won't complete the goals if I don't care about the prizes. I didn't care for the musical items, because they were jazz and just weird in my opinion, so I unlocked the oven and stopped. I couldn't be bothered with the drink mixer. If I want to do them, I do them and if not, I don't. No big deal really.

cherryberry9
07-04-13, 11:14 PM
I love goals but for the OP, I know where your coming from with that.

myferngardens
07-05-13, 02:30 PM
I love the goals now that I understand them. I wasted the time the winter oven and valentine oven goals were going on wondering how to unlock the oven! Talk about silly. Everytime I look at those ovens I get so sad. They sit there all locked...if I only knew. I really enjoy the goal and think that each month is perfect timing for them - keeps the game fresh. I make sure I do the goals for the ovens and recipes. I don't want to look at and long for anymore locked ovens.

CuteTali
07-05-13, 02:50 PM
I wish we didn't get complicated/long sets of goals so frequently. They seem to come every month lately and take about two weeks to complete. I spend half my month just trying to finish new goals, instead of working on the regular stuff like mastering older recipes and decorating. And lately, every goal seems to have two kinds of ovens to work with, so it's even worse. It's starting to irritate me.

I know nobody "makes" me do the goals, but if I don't, the ovens will be permanently locked, and someday I might regret not having them. I wish these complicated goals only came up every couple of months or less. And only introducing one new oven at a time would be better, too. I don't like feeling like I never make headway on catching up.

I agree with you 100% and it's both is bakery and restaurant like that lately, can't get much of a break before they drop another set of goals on us, do that during the winter, but now it's summer and there's a lot more to do than play video games, but I also hate missing out on limited time goals and have locked items forever...

tennysonrobin
07-05-13, 07:42 PM

Why?? They're what Bakery is about, achieving goals, earning beautiful items... If you think they're not worth trying, check out the theme and the final goal first not to waste time and coins finishing goals and turn back to mastering recipes and decorating. A lot of us feel really empty when there is no goal, because we have nothing to do, and you just can't redecorate all over and over again. Waiting for new goal is so exciting, I love that feeling ^^

buttonsbaker
07-06-13, 03:40 PM
It'll get much easier once you hit level cap :) Maybe compromise and only do goals to the point of unlocking ovens--which is what I do with my alt bakeries.

If you optimize (table layout, xp recipes, etc), leveling up is almost too easy. So, you end up super bored when there aren't goals bc eventually you will catch up if you play long enough.

Ultimately, the goals, erm, encourage people to spend gems, so for that reason alone I doubt they'll change :cool:

So what is the level cap? I have only been playing for two weeks and I am on level 31. I love the goals, but trying to level to 32 to purchase ovens.

nicxole
07-12-13, 07:58 PM
I personally like the goals, I'm on level 99, and while I'm still working on mastering all the recipes, the goals give me something fun to do. I can't level up or unlock any more ovens so its fun! I can understand it'd be frustrating for people who are working on leveling up though

jdelvalle1
07-13-13, 06:53 AM
I've been playing bakery for 7 months & I'm level 84, I absolutely love any & all goals. Usually I put my displays away b/c my bakery is on the smaller side & expansions are expensive, but I could completely re-do my bakery right now with a completely different look. I understand goals can be a bit annoying when you are on the lower levels, but trust me, it gets easier.

TinksThots
07-13-13, 10:24 PM
I hate it when goals show up. It's like the boss suddenly slamming paperwork on my desk while I was happily playing solitaire, and barking orders at me, "Alright, it's time to start following MY demands again, no more just doing whatever you want!" I plan out my cooking to earn gems as quickly as possible, and that's how I got my two kitties, various flooring and wallpapers, all the tables and chairs I liked, (and in RS), a pool table, a dog, a jukebox, a section of wallpaper, oriental tables, among other gem items, and I've gotten all that without a single dime of real world cash. A handful came from the goal clipboard, sure, but the large majority came from my own strategy. All the game goals do is set me back by days or even weeks from getting back to making my own choices again, which is how I actually get what I want in the game. Not to mention making me spend my coins on tables, chairs, etc. that I don't like and only get a 10% return on. But there's too much of a chance of a few gems from the goals to just ignore them completely, and each new recipe is two more gems, so I guess I'll just continue to trudge through them. Everyone has something they don't like about these games, and that's my big one. That's just one more way to look at it though, so take it how you like. :)

lovefashion1172005
08-23-13, 11:58 AM
Yeah, But the long ones have the most prizes, If they were NO prizes, I wouldn't even wanna look at it, and some of them, u get very pretty stuff for free, like the chocolate waterfall, and if u wanna buy another one, its only 8,000 coins right now, but it took me like, 10 days to complete it and get that waterfall, but I kinda agree w/ u, but somehow don't, I'm mean it wouldn't be worth it if its just like cook 10 brownies... And get a cool chocolate waterfall and all... So yeah, hoped this shows... Something to u at least :)

twospoons
08-23-13, 01:50 PM
i like some of the goals, some of them i do just enough to unlock stuff, and once i skipped entirely just to see what would happen. (hadn't yet been to the forums at that point.) so i'm glad the goals are around - my major problem with them is, it seems a lot of players in BS also play RS, so why can't the month long goals get staggered in those 2 games? 2 weeks of bakery goals, and then release restaurant goals, or the other way round. so the players who build lots of appliances and finish quickly will have goals in the other game coming soon, alleviating boredom, and the players who complete goals slowly (hi!) will still have the 4 weeks, but not all the deadlines will approach at once, driving them (me) crazy.

also, i would like more non-time-limited goals, like the sweet co shop and the stuff you get when you're a new player. if i wanted high pressure games, i wouldn't be here in storyworld.