PDA

View Full Version : Radiated Dunes - Levels 277 - 282

aileeniweeni
07-03-13, 01:04 PM
Hoping for a kinder region??? Although radiated dunes doesn't sound like the most pleasant area to be hanging around. I hope the kids and bean dog are wearing their hazmat suits!! LOL.

Level 277... timed glass level with lock & chain and crates

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/0e7b36be-f5e4-4e54-93ce-571d7d5c0503_zps479369b1.jpg

There are 4 tiers of lock & chain with counts of: 45, 60, 75, and 90. Each round you play, the color of the locks will vary. I tried focusing on the colors that had counts of 75 and 90. But it sort of doesn't matter, because you just want to make as many matches as quickly as possible. There are many hard to reach areas, but you can take care of them with bomb + blaster combos, which you will have many opportunities to make. However, the most upper corner that is not under a crate on the left and right (mostly left though for some reason) sides, are pretty hard to break, so try to focus on that. Also since you won't be able to access the bottom corners until late in the game, those should be focused on too. Each crate has glass underneath, so make sure to break through all the crates as quickly as possible so you can get the glass. Try to get those crazy combos: bomb + blaster, diamond + blaster, etc. Still working on this one

aileeniweeni
07-06-13, 08:07 PM
Level 278... fire moves level with crates

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/7c402ebe-00e8-4f6a-9cb5-cec6127d83b3_zps81f81a50.jpg

pretty straight forward level. just break through the crates and hope to get a bomb + blaster combo placed towards the bottom so blast away all the fire. I was able to make a few horizontal blasters but it was hard to get all 3 rows consecutively. So a bomb + blaster is your best bet.

aileeniweeni
07-06-13, 11:33 PM
Level 279... digging moves level with super dirt and crates

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/91bcf497-8b09-42ed-b61d-9213d3bc9759_zps665452e3.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/9b12be08-e0c3-44fb-b093-f12c548a492f_zps8e299384.jpg

i mostly focused on the center area where the dirt is. so i broke through the first layer of crates and created blasters to get rid of the super dirt. i didn't pay too much attention to the crates along the sides. hmm... nothing much to say i guess :)

aileeniweeni
07-06-13, 11:39 PM
Level 280... fire moves level with crates

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8b4e4a94-8fad-4773-8ab6-126fcf4536f2_zpsed1aee94.jpg

bust through those crates and try to make horizontal blasters to put out the fires in the unreachable areas. making a vertical blaster would be difficult since you'd have to move one over to the very left or very right side. bomb + blaster will also do the trick :)

omniBliss
07-07-13, 11:29 AM
I just made it to 277 today, seems tricky. I've only done it twice but, if I don't get it by the end of today. I will be back for some help, ha! :-)

omniBliss
07-07-13, 12:39 PM
Okay I finish it (level 277) it was fun. Once my eyes adjusted to how everything moves, falls, opens, etc... What did it for me was...

AT the top, I focused on getting laser/blasters to reach the isolated jewels... Once the first layer opened I don't worry about opening each of the remaining sections, I tried to make lasers/blasters and swipe em with a bomb or even better get a diamond.
If a get diamond, (do not swipe with a laser blaster) I'd swipe it with a color that's also in 1 of the isolated blocks... What that does is (usually) makes another diamond appear because there isn't many colors left on the board, and I'd repeat the process (ie. swipe it with a color that's in a hard to reach area).
By that time I'm at the very last row and its super easy, prob 2 or 3 colors down there, just swipe and done.

I finished it to easily and only got 1 star. If I would have used & swiped more blasters and bombs together I could've gotten 2-3 stars.... Which I will be going back for, lol. :-)

Phaedrakiki
07-07-13, 01:41 PM
OmniBliss! So nice to see you posting again--I was afraid you'd quit playing! :( She's baaa-aack...and with excellent tips, as well. ;) Hurray!!! :D,

aileeniweeni
07-07-13, 04:36 PM
Level 281... timed fire level with lock & chain and snakes

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/b6a18cfe-d7cc-4483-ba98-977c4e40a1ab_zpse7032066.jpg

There are 3 areas of lock & chain: two areas have locks with counts of 18 and they are on the sides and both have snakes underneath. The center area has 2 locks that have counts of 45 of each color. The colors will change with each round. Unlocking the middle lock & chain with the double-45 count is essential to get access to the fire. you could probably pass this level without unlocking the snakes, but i always unlocked both snakes before i unlocked the center, whether i liked it or not. once the snakes were unlocked, i didn't focus on trying to **** them. just tried to make as many blasters/bombs as i could. 1:30 on the clock!

aileeniweeni
07-07-13, 05:51 PM
Level 282... digging moves level with super dirt, restricted jewels, white blocks, and black jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c51eaf4d-ef75-4774-83ba-91fb472d741a_zpsc5c0ff40.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/7cc8ebb3-7825-40c0-aa30-a14d7e02968d_zps56b34267.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/2f1c187b-4f59-4754-a33d-e81076f1cb75_zpse11c809a.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/65429f65-916c-4309-bb40-713173a1f4cb_zpsfc558feb.jpg

This level wasn't too bad for me, but i can't tell if i just happened to get a lucky board or not. i made a lot of bomb/blasters to dig down. umm yea... 80 moves to dig down 14 meters. well, i'm finally off to the next region!! wheee :D

omniBliss
07-08-13, 10:00 PM
OmniBliss! So nice to see you posting again--I was afraid you'd quit playing! :( She's baaa-aack...and with excellent tips, as well. ;) Hurray!!! :D,

I almost did a few islands back, I didn't play for a few weeks bcuz one level was too challenging but, I back, yep. Lol. :-)

*hi five*

Phaedrakiki
07-09-13, 03:08 AM
I'm so glad you're back! Let me guess--was it a fire level that made you want to stop playing? I know there were some tough ones in Abode Ablaze...'course there have been lots of crazy ones that have made me question what I'm doing. Especially when I remind myself it's a game & supposed to be fun, lol! Anyway, happy you're posting again...you always have good advice & strategies!
*hi five* back! ;)

omniBliss
07-10-13, 08:59 AM
I'm so glad you're back! Let me guess--was it a fire level that made you want to stop playing? I know there were some tough ones in Abode Ablaze...'course there have been lots of crazy ones that have made me question what I'm doing. Especially when I remind myself it's a game & supposed to be fun, lol! Anyway, happy you're posting again...you always have good advice & strategies!
*hi five* back! ;)

Thank you... Omg yessss it was level 249 lol. If it wasnt for that level I would be farther now, grrr.

Phaedrakiki
07-28-13, 08:15 PM
Level 277: 32 glass in 1:55 (4JC.) With only 4 jewel colors (JC,) this level's a special jewel extravaganza! Lots of blasters, bombs, & diamonds...and they're much-needed with all you need to accomplish here. They added 15 seconds, but I wish they'd add just a little more--might give me a chance of passing it, lol! It's not bad for a timed level, prob cuz so many special jewels and combos. So far, I've been using Aileeniweeni's tips & tried OmniBliss' tip (using diamonds for the separated jewels vs. combined w/blaster.) I'm definitely getting further, but sure wish I had a little more time to get those hard-to-reach jewels! :)

Phaedrakiki
07-29-13, 01:34 AM
I did it! It took a day of energies, but I finally passed 277. I got 3 diamonds, and I swapped 'em with colors in the separated areas (starting with the upper--hardest to reach--colors.) It worked! Also had many blaster + bomb combos. Plus I just swiped like crazy, lol. ;)

278-Can someone please check this challenge? Could've sworn it said complete "in 85 seconds" (but it's a moves level.)

Level 278: 16 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) Passed with a blaster + bomb 2nd row from bottom (center.) Moves are tight on this, so it's important to get through crates quickly. I made sure I had a flat (horiz.) match against the crates each time to get started right away...or I restarted the level. Enjoyed this!

Level 279: Dig 6 meters in 60 moves (6JC.) I passed this one on my first try. Not sure if I got lucky or if it's fairly easy. I didn't break the crates on the sides much, just dug straight down the middle. With all 6 colors in use, I was afraid there wouldn't be enough special jewel action, but I was able to combine a blaster + bomb to knock out some super dirt quickly. Fun level!

Level 280: 14 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) Tried this twice--the 2nd time I got down to 1 flame--so close! (A diamond + blaster took out the side flames, leaving only the middle to deal with. I made a mistake/overlooked a move that prob would've helped me pass. Doh!) Fun to play so far...

Moves added: 278~ +5; 279~ +10; 280~ +10

schnuffles
07-29-13, 12:44 PM
278-Can someone please check this challenge? Could've sworn it said complete "in 85 seconds" (but it's a moves level.)

Sheesh, Phaedrakiki, you're making us look bad!

Thanks for the catch! :cool:

Cheers!

Phaedrakiki
07-29-13, 01:18 PM
Lol! I was going to PM you, Schnuffles, but I wasn't sure. It was off my screen by the time my brain went "huh?" :confused: But then I could no longer access it. I'm happy to see that you changed a timed level to moves, though (my obvious preference, lol!) ;) Thank you for such a great game!

schnuffles
07-29-13, 05:42 PM
Lol! I was going to PM you, Schnuffles, but I wasn't sure. It was off my screen by the time my brain went "huh?" :confused: But then I could no longer access it. I'm happy to see that you changed a timed level to moves, though (my obvious preference, lol!) ;) Thank you for such a great game!

No, no, no: thank you for being such a loyal player! We'd be nothing without our Jewel Maniacs! :o

Phaedrakiki
07-29-13, 07:26 PM
Passed 280 last night, shortly after my post about it. This time my diamond + blaster skipped the fire on both sides, but took out the middle area flames. Luckily though, I was able to extinguish the separated flames on the left & right with horiz. blasters. Actually got 3 stars on this one, even though I had lots of moves left.

Level 281: 18 fire in 1:40 (5JC.) They added 10 seconds to this one, but it's not helping me much. Most rounds, I can barely get the L&C open before the time runs out. And even when I do, there's no time for fire-fighting. The L&C'd snakes always seem to open on their own, but I haven't been focusing on ****ing them. Still, I'm not getting anywhere with the fire. Guess I need to find a way to get the lock and chain open faster. Bcuz putting out this fire feels kinda impossible. Help!

Phaedrakiki
07-30-13, 04:06 AM
I can't believe it! I got soooo lucky on level 281. I was able to get the L&C open a bit earlier than usual with a couple blaster + bomb combos, then made a diamond & tried to get a blaster next to it. I ended up getting another diamond beside it instead. So I thought I'd experiment (never swapped 2 diamonds on a fire level before.) Well, it wiped out a ton of fire, but left several flames. So, it doesn't clear everything on the board like it does on dirt/super dirt levels. "Only" all the jewels on screen, like it does on glass levels. I kept swiping like crazy, putting out the straggler flames above. Still had a few flames below, too...and the countdown had started. I had a blaster in the bottom row, trying to find a way to detonate it. Finally, with like 2 seconds left, a bomb fell on top of the blaster. I swiped 'em, fearing the clock had run out. But luck was on my side--I made it just in time. Whew, that was close! Omg, my hands are shaking so bad. Need a break to recover now, lol! ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-30-13, 01:02 PM
Level 282: Dig 14 meters in 100 moves (5JC.) 20 moves added from orig. post. My luck continued last night...I passed this on my first try, using several blaster + bomb combos. Had 20 moves left, so I kept digging and combo-ing (diamond + blaster, blaster + bomb) hoping for a good score. Didn't get 3 stars, but 2's better than 1, lol. ;) Fun level! This has been a pretty fun island, too! But now I'm off to Sylvan Bus Stop (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55232-Sylvan-Bus-Stop-Levels-283-288) to play some more~

VGailP
03-23-14, 12:29 PM
Level 282: Dig 14 meters in 100 moves (5JC.) 20 moves added from orig. post. My luck continued last night...I passed this on my first try, using several blaster + bomb combos. Had 20 moves left, so I kept digging and combo-ing (diamond + blaster, blaster + bomb) hoping for a good score. Didn't get 3 stars, but 2's better than 1, lol. ;) Fun level! This has been a pretty fun island, too! But now I'm off to Sylvan Bus Stop (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55232-Sylvan-Bus-Stop-Levels-283-288) to play some more~

I notice on this island you had continuing luck or great boards. I had no problem with 277 and 278. I saw you (and I think someone else got 279 on first try). I think what happens is when you all post about being lucky or being easy..they make it hard for those of us coming behind you,LOL!!
I have tried 279 many many times and still trying. It has 65 moves now even! I have gotten 3/6 a few times but most times I am getting 0/6,lol. I don't know why I cannot even get 1 level,ugh! My board just constantly reshuffles.
Glad to see you getting thru all those levels and being way up there now :)

zarias2013
07-13-14, 08:55 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the challenge for 281? I've combined a blaster and power bomb several times and it is not going through for the 3 keys.