PDA

View Full Version : Customizable baker avatars?

arijanian
07-03-13, 11:54 AM
(My apologies if this has already been suggested a million times; I checked the current topics on the board and didn't see it.)

Have you ever considered making the baker avatars customizable? It's great that we have a choice of genders, but I'd definitely sink a lot of coins (and gems) into making my baker avatar look more like me. Being able to choose a skin, eye, and hair color would be marvelous.

Also, I'll bet people would spend stacks of money on buying clothes to match the various bakery themes. Just different apron colors would be pretty brilliant! I'd love to be able to buy a blue-and-white apron to go with my blue-and-white bakery design. Hair styles and/or hats could be sold, too. And making full costumes available would be even more fun! Imagine being able to buy a pirate costume to go with this month's goal items, or a silk-dress-and-tiara or stylish-waistcoat-and-crown ensemble to go with last month's Royal Tea...

Does anybody else agree that this would be really fun? How much would you spend customizing your avatar? :)

supahmonkiee
07-16-13, 06:59 PM
Sounds like Fashion Story :\

winxwinxyu
07-17-13, 04:06 AM
well it would be cool if they add it in all stories like bs :)

oldcatpancakeface
07-20-13, 01:09 PM
I think that works in Fashion Story but quite unnecessary and unfitting for Bakery Story. I don't even like this feature in Fashion Story :/ I don't care what people's avatars look like.

I'm sure some people would be into this but just adding my two cents, I'd be completely uninterested.

twospoons
07-20-13, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't customize that far, but I would like to have more than just two possibilities. Doesn't one of the games let you pick from 6? That would be nice.

izyalfie
07-22-13, 05:18 AM
You could choose different aprons, hair, skin colour and clothes underneath the aprons. Like the idea

TinksThots
07-26-13, 01:15 PM
Pet Hotel has 6 to choose from, that would be great in all the games. Personally, I think resources devoted to things like this would be better spent developing sticky wall messages and a confirmation button when spending gems, rather than avatars that no one but the person decorating it would really care about anyway. But that's just IMHO. ;-)

twospoons
07-26-13, 03:33 PM
Pet Hotel has 6 to choose from, that would be great in all the games. Personally, I think resources devoted to things like this would be better spent developing sticky wall messages and a confirmation button when spending gems, rather than avatars that no one but the person decorating it would really care about anyway. But that's just IMHO. ;-)

totally agree, but i figure TPTB aren't really listening to me about anything, so there's no real need to prioritize my wish list for them. (but just in case: MORE RECIPIES ON BUILDS)

TinksThots
07-29-13, 02:44 PM
totally agree, but i figure TPTB aren't really listening to me about anything, so there's no real need to prioritize my wish list for them. (but just in case: MORE RECIPIES ON BUILDS)
Lol are you kidding, they aren't listening to any of us. If they were, they'd be making SO much more money. :rolleyes:

zaaracake
07-30-13, 09:52 PM
Yeah good idea! I would spend a few gems but not exorbitantly on this one!

TTH2013
08-08-13, 10:40 AM
Yes. The options from fashion story needs to be added to all the games with visible avatars!!!! Also if the first customization is free then if someone wanted to change it up they could charge a few gems. Teamlava please do this!

PostreDulce12
05-07-14, 05:31 PM
Although the customers entering our bakeries are of diverse ethnicities, all of the people in displays (5/7/14 goal teaser, Book Club Meeting, Ice Cream Parlor, Ballroom Dancers, etc, etc, etc) only feature white characters! Natasha's Cauldron seems to be the only other person of color besides the customers!

This has been bothering me for some time. People from all over the world play this game. Customers in the game were updated, please include the diversity in displays too :-)

jim23cash
05-08-14, 04:01 AM
I love this idea. I've always been bothered by all my neighbors looking alike. I would love to have choices for Avatars, if not customizable ones! And I think offering clothing to match the decors is Brilliant, if our Avatars were available to place in the Bakery (or Restaurant). I like changing my cashier to match my theme, but I don't have many choices, and most of them were designed for something else, like waiting tables, and have trays in their hands.
I would love to design an avatar for myself, and chose how to dress it.
(I'm not interested in Fashion Story however).

mollybrown0
05-11-14, 06:34 AM
I think it's a great idea! I'm not entirely bothered about clothes but it would be nice to change basic things like hair, skin and eye colour. I also like the idea about being able to change the colour of the avatars apron to match the bakery. :)

Honeybutta1
01-26-19, 07:45 AM
Why can't you have the avatar reflect other nationalities? You have other nationalities as patrons, why not have them reflect being owners as well. You have the choice to choose being a woman or man. You should have the right and option to choose your skin color as well.

kayjco
01-27-19, 04:15 AM
Why can't you have the avatar reflect other nationalities? You have other nationalities as patrons, why not have them reflect being owners as well. You have the choice to choose being a woman or man. You should have the right and option to choose your skin color as well.
Agreed. Skin and hair colors would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

It would also be EXTREMELY cool if the little cartoon people could dress in holiday colors - red & green for Christmas - a Santa or Mrs. Claus here or there, black & orange for Halloween - pumpkins on sweaters, pilgrims and Indians as well as autumnal colors for Thanksgiving (sweaters with big leavesbon them), red/pink with hearts for St. Valentine's Day, etc.

TwixAndScones
02-15-20, 03:52 PM
An older thread - but I wouldn't mind this idea, however it doesn't sound so much appealing either - at least with the clothes option in the game. I think that's more for fashion or should at least stay within that game. But that is just what I feel and what my own opinion about it is. Since in comparison, fashion story is about fashion, and bakery is about baking, in a way, bakery doesn't really have a fashion type or a fashion aspect within the game. Besides the apron stands. But the rest; I definitely would not mind seeing implemented at all.

However, I do think instead of just the white man and woman avatar, they should add different skin colours and hair types/hair textures, & a gender neutral avatar, at the very least.

Or give us what they did in the older S8 games, to pick from 6 avatars. But with an added gender neutral character - inclusiveness.

Regardless / I wonder how it will be implemented, if it came to happen.

Though if they did decide to implement some fashion aspect within Bakery Story, I do think it should be an apron stand, and you can decorate it (however) and you can possibly win challenges for it. A random idea - but I'll expand more on it on a more appropriate thread.