PDA

View Full Version : Busy time in my kingdom, please help!!!

Oliver118
07-02-13, 10:54 PM
I'm having a very busy time in my kingdom at the moment!!! Firstly, I want to expand to Thurston but I need to complete my Observatory first to give me the Royal Points I need! I also need to prepare 1 more Lemonade to complete Ice-cold Lemonade, but then I also need Glimmerdust to complete Ivy's Hut and I have no gems to get the trove! I also worked out that to craft all the Superglue I need I'm going to use up 56 Glimmerdust in total so that won't help! I also need Sheep to do Valentine adventure and another Longsword for Roaming Bandits adventure! What should I do first, please help me!!!:eek:

HNO3
07-02-13, 11:31 PM
If you need some extra RP to expand, rather than sweat the resources for an observatory, just build 2 libraries (or 1 library and 2 towers.) Cheaper and less resources, and you can throw them in storage after you expand and pull them out to top up your RP only when expanding. You'll need multiple libraries later in on anyway. I didn't even bother with the observatory until after I finished thurston's tower.
Use some of the resources you would have used on the observatory for a second stable, and you won't need a sheep.
If you have 2 mines it shouldn't take long to have materials for a sword if you aren't constantly making royal blocks.

arale_norimaki
07-02-13, 11:32 PM
First thing to do: complete your Ivy's hut. It gives good rewards and unlocks your way to the magic garden (which may drop a golden apple needed for Sir Piggy). I know I've told you this before, but I won't stop saying it to anyone needing dust: go get some extra red mushrooms circles. Get at many as possible (my neighbor with 20 of them built the hut in two days) and collect from them asnyour main task. Your secondary task should be crafting superglue (make sure you have enough simple glue ready for this).

Then, about royal points to get to Thurston, forget the Observatory for now: given the requirements in superglue I don't think this is the right building for you to build. You should get two Libraries instead, that would give you the extra RP you need and they will be useful in the future: have you finished the V-day goals that lead to the rainbow? Those need libraries. Also upgrading wizard school and Dragon egg quests.

To get the extra longsword, buy iron rich rock. It will give you enough iron for them and hopefully jewels. I'd forget V-days adventure since the rewards are lame given the investment it requires. If you insist in doing it, you can craft the red ribbon in your love shack, wool is needed but can be obtained from the stables.

About lemonade, unless you have already finished the orange and apple related quests, this is not urgent at all.

Oliver118
07-02-13, 11:32 PM
If you need some extra RP to expand, rather than sweat the resources for an observatory, just build 2 libraries (or 1 library and 2 towers.) Cheaper and less resources, and you can throw them in storage after you expand and pull them out to top up your RP only when expanding. You'll need multiple libraries later in on anyway. I didn't even bother with the observatory until after I finished thurston's tower.
Use some of the resources you would have used on the observatory for a second stable, and you won't need a sheep.
If you have 2 mines it shouldn't take long to have materials for a sword if you aren't constantly making royal blocks.

Which was what I had been doing to work on the Observatory!!

HNO3
07-03-13, 12:03 AM
Which was what I had been doing to work on the Observatory!!

Right, which is why you go with the libraries. Libraries are your friend ;)

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 12:12 AM
That makes two of us in favour of Libraries :p

Oliver118
07-03-13, 11:06 PM
You win, 2 against 1, but I'll still complete my Observatory, in case I'm still short of RP!

Oliver118
07-03-13, 11:07 PM

By the way, have got 0 Stables (I know, it's embarrassing:o)

HNO3
07-03-13, 11:23 PM
Then forget the sheep, get a stable. You really shouldn't be worrying about all that other stuff until you have at least one. Seriously, it's better to leave the observatory for later when the parts are no big deal. If you still need RP after adding couple of libraries then just build more towers.

Oliver118
07-03-13, 11:34 PM
Then forget the sheep, get a stable. You really shouldn't be worrying about all that other stuff until you have at least one. Seriously, it's better to leave the observatory for later when the parts are no big deal. If you still need RP after adding couple of libraries then just build more towers.

Bit behind for level 17.

minndom
07-04-13, 12:47 AM
First, focus on one thing at a time. I've fallen into the same trap in trying to accomplish too many tasks without making good progress in any. I've been using towers and jewelers to increase the RP count and I have 3 libraries nowadays. They are so much easier to build than observatory. I just got Observatory and did it only because I misread the number of it gave and I'm on level 27 now.

Get red mushroom ring. They have been my best source for glimmerdust until I got the trove. I have four rings altogether and they were enough for me. Sap has been the limiting factor for me when making glues.

Forget Lemonade for a while. Forget Valentine adventure for a while.

queenofpolharcity
07-05-13, 06:47 PM
You totally need stables and hatcheries!! You can put away some of your animals in storage (sorry PETA!!) and pull them out when you need to work on a specific quest later, saving energy by only clicking once. I have 2 of each.

And-- I was going to stay out of the fray above about the buildings and RPs, But I tens to agree with Arale. Best advice! Red mushrooms give good glimmer dust, the Observatory is cool looking, but since you are behind, you can get caught up by leaving it alone and focusing elsewhere. The libraries are so important, now and later!

Don't forget to ask for help from your neighbors. I get asked often for items--I'm always glad to help out and it saves my friends a lot of headaches, I hope!

Oliver118
07-05-13, 11:17 PM
First, focus on one thing at a time. I've fallen into the same trap in trying to accomplish too many tasks without making good progress in any. I've been using towers and jewelers to increase the RP count and I have 3 libraries nowadays. They are so much easier to build than observatory. I just got Observatory and did it only because I misread the number of it gave and I'm on level 27 now.

Get red mushroom ring. They have been my best source for glimmerdust until I got the trove. I have four rings altogether and they were enough for me. Sap has been the limiting factor for me when making glues.

Forget Lemonade for a while. Forget Valentine adventure for a while.

I have got red mushroom ring! Don't worry, I've already got the Glimmerdust I need!

Oliver118
07-06-13, 10:42 PM
I have a group of advisers here! Thanks for your advice, guys! Currently I only need one more Fancy beam and one more Fancy Block and then will buy Hatchery. I also brought three towers which give me 180 RP, worth more than another library. Also, I need Fancy beams afterwards for Ivy's Hut. Should I leave that for after I complete Stables, Hatchery and towers or build Ivy's Hut straight after Stables?

Oliver118
07-08-13, 10:51 PM
Update: I finished off my stable, now I'm working on my towers and then I will buy a Hatchery. By then I'll probably have enough coins and I'll have Thurston when I can start stressing about Iron Ore to craft Dense Fishing Hook. Also I'll need to expand to the Tablet. Then I'll work on expanding to Sabina to work on expanding to the Forgotten Roost and by then I'll be busy with the T&T, which could take me up to next year (fingers crossed it won't!) I'll get a Dragon egg and a Manticore egg and I'll have a dragon and a manty and by then there will also be other updates to keep me busy.

minndom
07-10-13, 12:55 AM
Take your time. :) I've got half of the badges as byproduct of regular daily activities so far and I expect to get the rest in similar manner.

Expanding to the roost will take time and effort as it has quite high cost, lots of RPs, coins and wisp lanterns required. It's been by far the most expensive expansion I've seen so far.

Oliver118
07-13-13, 01:33 AM
Stable is rubbish-I built a Stable to get Wool, but not a single piece of wool yet, only hides! I don't want hides, I have cows that give me hides! I want Wool, because I have no Sheep to give me Wool! *sigh*I guess the game knows I want wool and is not giving me any.

Oliver118
07-14-13, 12:15 AM
OK, I did all the math and worked out that I'd need 2 more libraries or 3 more towers to get the RP I need. 3 towers cost the same as 1 library, and use up less wood and stone. To build 2 more libraries I'd need to use up 50 wood and stone, but to build 3 towers, I'd only use up 45 wood and stone. As a result it's a much better deal to build three towers if you need 180 Royal Points, like me!

Oliver118
07-15-13, 10:36 PM
Look who's talking!
8687???????????????????IT'S THURSTON!!!!
:):):):):):):):):)

minndom
07-15-13, 11:22 PM
Congrats Oliver118.

Oliver118
07-19-13, 10:48 PM
Thanks. Still have got no Wool, and I need Carrots for Hearty Stew to complete Just Warming Up, and now working on Ivy's Hut. In terms of Fancy Beams, I'm a third of the way there.

Oliver118
07-23-13, 11:01 PM
Now two thirds of the way there. However, currently I'm running really on Wood, need to top up urgently so I can finish Ivy's Hut, then I need 35,000 coins and 6 Wisp Lanterns (that's easy, as if 30 Earth Wisps wasn't enough) In fact, if I have spare Earth Wisps I'm going to start crafting Lumin Essence in advance for Explore Dark Caves 2 levels later. That's for the Tablet expansion. Stable still isn't giving me Wool, and I collect from it daily, so I'm going to need a sheep.

HNO3
07-24-13, 12:02 AM
The stable will give you wool, but if you are only collecting once a day it may take a while since it doesn't drop wool every time.

Gardienn
07-24-13, 09:20 AM
I had trouble getting wool until I bought sheep.

Oliver118
07-25-13, 11:40 PM
I can't buy the sheep, at the moment I only have 1 gem. I'll try and get it from adventure (*sigh*Yes, try*)

Gardienn
07-26-13, 06:55 AM
Patience. Castle Story, I'm convinced, was created as a crafty way to teach people patience. The good news is, when you finally obtain it in an area, it is the sweetest, most peaceful emotion you'll ever experience. Let patience have it's perfect work, Oliver.

Oliver118
07-28-13, 12:32 AM
Update: I am crafting the Enchanted Blade right now. I am also nearly there, Tablet! Currently I am busy making Wisp Lanterns like I have been for the past few weeks to expand to the Tablet as well as working on Thurston, soon I bet I will be trying to make Magic Ink and Thurston's Breastplate at the same time! Then I will work on expanding to the Magic Garden since I am almost there, but first I will finish Ivy's Hut so that I get a goal for the Magic Garden, however I may have to purchase a second Potion Shop if I am still working on Magic Ink by then.