PDA

View Full Version : Question about gifts and requests.

sweetiepies97
07-01-13, 12:49 AM
Hi there,
I'm relatively new to Bakery Story and loving it. I'm a little confused about giving gifts to my neighbours. I usually go to their bakery and tip them, then I look to see if they have a box needing a part and I give it to them as a gift. Otherwise I send a cappuccino because I know it's the most profitable item. However, if I have sent a neighbour a cappuccino and they then request an item (eg gear/knob/dragon scale), the 'gift' option has disappeared and I have to wait until the next day to send it. I always hit 'accept' when the request it. Does this mean that it automatically sends it? Am I able to send a gift and give them their request both in one day?

maguar
07-01-13, 03:10 AM
Welcome to bakery story!

Pressing the accept button automatically sends the item to them. You are able to send a gift and request to the same person in the same day.

happyheartfla
07-01-13, 08:01 AM
How do you request a specific item from your neighbors?
Can I send a gift to someone who isn't my current neighbor? When I visit some of the walls, I see needs posted. I would like to send the item and request they add me to build my neighbors.

sweetypies97
07-01-13, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your reply maguar, it clears everything up :)

Happyheartfla, you can request specific items by writing on your wall, or by selecting it from the menu that comes up. Eg I'm building the tea time kettle at the moment. When I click on the box it tells me what I need, and each item has a button saying 'ask friends'. I don't know how to send gifts to people who aren't my neighbour, sorry.

maguar
07-01-13, 02:46 PM
Happy to help sweetypies97. happyheartfla you can only send gifts to your neighbours - it's a perk for being a neighbour.

Balitos
07-01-13, 11:23 PM
Hi
I don't know how to build items
Which box should I click on

minidemon88
07-02-13, 01:11 AM
Hi
I don't know how to build items
Which box should I click on

You can store your appliance away. But please ensure that you're not cooking anything on the appliance before storing it away. Then buy and place the appliance you wanted on a empty floor space. It will look like a box once you have exit the design mode. Next tap on the "box", there will be a small pop up showing you what parts is require to build the appliance. If you have enough parts in your inventory, then you can build it straightaway. Otherwise, you may need to request the parts from your neighbor.

Davdel52
07-02-13, 02:38 AM
I have a question relates to requests for items.
Scenario - I have 20 Tea Strainers. I receive a request for 1
I Accept the request.
When I look at my Gifts I still have 20

Why is this not deducted from my Gifts listing ?
Is this correct ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

maguar
07-02-13, 03:01 AM
Answering requests will give the requester the item but it won't take it from you. Because it doesn't cost you anything it's a good idea to respond to all material requests.