PDA

View Full Version : Is the grill a good purchase?

Unregistered
12-29-10, 05:13 PM
Just hit level 15 and contemplating the grill. Is it worth it? Or better to pick up a sonic stove or even just another regular stove? Opinions, please...

Unregistered
12-29-10, 05:17 PM
Just hit level 15 and contemplating the grill. Is it worth it? Or better to pick up a sonic stove or even just another regular stove? Opinions, please...

DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT COST GEMS ... unless you've got a bunch stocked up. In other words, don't pay money to TeamLava for gems. Sonic stove is not worth it.

Of course basic grills are worth it. They allow you to master the grill-specific foods like hamburgers, shrimp kebabs, etc. You'll get to a point in this game where you'll have so much cash you will have a set of each type of appliance -- stove, grill and oven -- that you can keep in storage and swap them out as you wish. Right now I'm running all ovens at level 45 (I think that's 12 in all? Don't have it in front of me). When I finish mastering the ham, turkey and pumpkin pie I'll probably go all grills and master the new barbecue chicken. Or all stoves and do quesadillas.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 05:19 PM
You get some good hour recipes with the grill. I have several that I swap in and out with other appliances depending on my time. There's a new mushroom cap recipe for an hour, a three hour hamburger and others ..I'd recommend at least one.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 06:48 PM
DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT COST GEMS ... unless you've got a bunch stocked up. In other words, don't pay money to TeamLava for gems. Sonic stove is not worth it.

Of course basic grills are worth it. They allow you to master the grill-specific foods like hamburgers, shrimp kebabs, etc. You'll get to a point in this game where you'll have so much cash you will have a set of each type of appliance -- stove, grill and oven -- that you can keep in storage and swap them out as you wish. Right now I'm running all ovens at level 45 (I think that's 12 in all? Don't have it in front of me). When I finish mastering the ham, turkey and pumpkin pie I'll probably go all grills and master the new barbecue chicken. Or all stoves and do quesadillas.

+1

I don't understand why the question was even posed... the grill is part of the game, one of three appliances, OF COURSE you should purchase it. What would be the point of just playing with one appliance? -_-

Tip: The grill has shrimp kebobs, which is one of the highest earners of the game. And it has T-Bone steak, which is one of the higher XP earners of the game.

Please also purchase an oven when you can. Mastering ALL the recipes (well, at least reach level 2 for each - get that free gem!) on ALL three appliances is part of the game...

Unregistered
12-31-10, 05:40 AM
Thanks, y'all, for the input.

But please keep in mind that not everyone enjoys the game in the same way -- some like to make $$$ and decorate, some like to master foods and go up the levels, etc. Some of us with lives, jobs, loved ones, etc., just play it for a little fun diversion. There is no need to criticize a question; if you think it is so inane, Please just move on.

Unregistered
12-31-10, 06:10 AM
Thanks, y'all, for the input.

But please keep in mind that not everyone enjoys the game in the same way -- some like to make $$$ and decorate, some like to master foods and go up the levels, etc. Some of us with lives, jobs, loved ones, etc., just play it for a little fun diversion. There is no need to criticize a question; if you think it is so inane, Please just move on.

Grills are great! Cheeseburgers, Steaks, Salmon, Shrimp Kabobs (a really good value for points and money) and another new one...Portobello mushrooms. I just buy some of everything and swap them in and out of storage for what I want to make. Just get a regular grill though...no point in buying a sonic or forever grill until you see how much you are going to use it! Have fun!