PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade for deep mine

clarontinalisa
06-26-13, 11:52 PM
Just seen the deep mine can now be upgraded. Starting with ornate block & beam and architects paste all x 2 and $100,000

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 12:03 AM
Not mine...no pun intended

catcrack
06-27-13, 12:13 AM
Level 1->2
2 Ornate Block
2 Ornate Beam
2 Architect's Paste
100,000 coins

Level 2->3
3 Ornate Block
2 Magic Cement
10 Mithril
3 Ornate Beam

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 12:19 AM
Ok, forced closed twice and now it shows the ability to upgrade.

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 12:28 AM
Level 1->2
2 Ornate Block
2 Ornate Beam
2 Architect's Paste
100,000 coins
Reduces collection time to 9 hours 30 minutes

Level 2->3
3 Ornate Block
2 Magic Cement
10 Mithril
3 Ornate Beam
Reduces collection time to 9 hours

Level 3->4
4 Ornate Block
3 Magic Cement
4 Ornate Beam
250,000 coins

I haven't done it yet, but I am guessing it reduces collection to 8 hours 30 minutes ;)

Yeah! Can't believe those stupid ornate stuff I did for the badges came in handy so fast!!!!

justk9188
06-27-13, 12:33 AM
Each lvl reduces 5% of original time.
4 lvls mean reduce 2hrs.
At lvl 5, deep mine only needs 8hrs to collect.

catcrack
06-27-13, 12:37 AM
Level 4->5
5 Ornate Block
5 Ornate Beam
4 Magic Cement
2 Adamant

catcrack
06-27-13, 12:57 AM
All we need now is the Alchemy: Mithril to Adamant in the Magic Forge

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 12:59 AM
Thank you catcrack!!!

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 01:03 AM
By the way, I have got only one adamant. I got it almost 6 months ago (there is a post in the forum, I am not kidding), so at this drop rate I'll update my too deep mines in... Never?

onemansmiracle
06-27-13, 02:01 AM
More sap pls!

catcrack
06-27-13, 02:05 AM
Lvl 5 collection time is 8 hours。

(=^ェ^=)

rosewaterlily
06-27-13, 02:17 AM
Adamant? I've been playing since October and don't have a single one! Hopefully they introduce a recipe to forge them. I do have 3 large red rubies that currently have no purpose though. :P

wassupbaby
06-27-13, 02:23 AM
Adamant? I've been playing since October and don't have a single one! Hopefully they introduce a recipe to forge them. I do have 3 large red rubies that currently have no purpose though. :P

same here , so far i've only heard that its rare drop from sir piggy so hopefully there'll be another way to get it.

onemansmiracle
06-27-13, 03:21 AM
I have 3 adamants so far, all from the pig..

katbtodd
06-27-13, 10:50 AM
What the hurry on leveling up your deep mines any ways , look what it takes to level them up just to change it by ten mins

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 10:59 AM

Once you hit level 4 you can request it from neighbors. I also got one from my level three deep mine :)

Edit: requesting adamant was removed - wasn't supposed to be able to do this

arale_norimaki
06-27-13, 11:04 AM
What the hurry on leveling up your deep mines any ways , look what it takes to level them up just to change it by ten mins

Deep mine (level 1) collection time is 10 hours. That means you can collect from it twice a day. Each upgrade duces 30 minutes, so by upgrading it to level 5 collection time drops to 8 hours. That means 3 collections a day.

For me it is worth it, I am in desperate need of silver for adventures and this is the best source for it. I think it is an interesting "building" for those with expansions left, since it drops wisps and often lanterns. Of course, it depends on where you are in the game and what you are focusing on :)

rosewaterlily
06-27-13, 11:45 AM
I upgraded my two deep mines to level 3 right away and have plenty of ornate blocks and beams since I always need to use up jewels and living wood but am short on magic cement as I've been using my silver to traverse the desert sands. At least all the magic cement making gives me a new goal to shoot for now that I only have the adventurer badge to wait on.

mamareader02
06-27-13, 12:01 PM
Is this all we really get for an "update?"

ktappe
06-27-13, 01:07 PM
Not mine...no pun intended

Same here. I tapped my deep mines (I have 2) and neither gives an option to upgrade.

Lilipipi
06-27-13, 01:10 PM
Force close and restart your game. It will appear. :)

ktappe
06-27-13, 01:14 PM
Force close and restart your game. It will appear. :)

That worked. Crafting ornate stuff now! :cool:

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 01:25 PM
All we need now is the Alchemy: Mithril to Adamant in the Magic Forge

Hmmm, how about instead: Alchemy: Useless flowers from your over fed knights to Adamant in the magic forge. Let's take a vote...

sdwombat
06-27-13, 01:31 PM
Hmmm, how about instead: Alchemy: Useless flowers from your over fed knights to Adamant in the magic forge. Let's take a vote...

I vote Aye!

katbtodd
06-27-13, 01:50 PM
Deep mine (level 1) collection time is 10 hours. That means you can collect from it twice a day. Each upgrade duces 30 minutes, so by upgrading it to level 5 collection time drops to 8 hours. That means 3 collections a day.

For me it is worth it, I am in desperate need of silver for adventures and this is the best source for it. I think it is an I interesting "building" for those with expansions left, since it drops wisps and often lanterns. Of course, it depends on where you are in the game and what you are focusing on :)

I see what your saying ,,but I'm about max out on every thing I get from the mines my inventory is full I getting mostly coins from my mines

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 02:19 PM
I vote Aye!

That's two votes for us. We won! Sorry cat crack.

*as an aside* check is in the mail sdwombat :cool:

catcrack
06-27-13, 05:05 PM
That's two votes for us. We won! Sorry cat crack.

*as an aside* check is in the mail sdwombat :cool:

Was this a vote to remove the adamant request? That's all I seem as changed。

vchanhs
06-27-13, 06:46 PM
Is this all we really get for an "update?"

And the dragon egg.

ktappe
06-28-13, 10:42 AM
I did some offhand math last night:
Upgrading the mine requires 10 mithril. One mithril takes 2 days to craft. That means the upgrade requires 20 days of crafting.
Yet the upgrade only speeds your deep mine up by 30 minutes.
If you are 'on the ball' and collect from your deep mine the moment it is ready (which would be rare), you save roughly 1 hour of collection time per day.
20 days = 480 hours. That means it would take 480 days for you to get an ROI (return on investment) on your deep mine upgrade.

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY NOT WORTH IT. Ten mithril for an upgrade is just completely out of what it should cost. Two maybe, but ten? I'm not even going to try for it. Hope I don't miss out on too much....

Frosty_Wench
06-28-13, 11:55 AM
Upgrading the mine requires 10 mithril. One mithril takes 2 days to craft. That means the upgrade requires 20 days of crafting.
If you are 'on the ball' and collect from your deep mine the moment it is ready (which would be rare), you save roughly 1 hour of collection time per day.
20 days = 480 hours. That means it would take 480 days for you to get an ROI (return on investment) on your deep mine upgrade.

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY NOT WORTH IT. Ten mithril for an upgrade is just completely out of what it should cost. Two maybe, but ten? I'm not even going to try for it. Hope I don't miss out on too much....

A. A lot of people already have a lot of Mithril on hand, but;

B. What you're calculating there is not ROI. While you're waiting for Mithril to craft, you can still collect from your deep mine. What you're suggesting is that it would take 480 days of 1 hour per day savings to make up for the 20 days you spent crafting Mithril, but you're not losing that time as far as the deep mine is concerned. What you're losing is the silver and the other things you could have crafted in the Forge.

lotuskat
06-28-13, 12:54 PM
A. A lot of people already have a lot of Mithril on hand, but;

B. What you're calculating there is not ROI. While you're waiting for Mithril to craft, you can still collect from your deep mine. What you're suggesting is that it would take 480 days of 1 hour per day savings to make up for the 20 days you spent crafting Mithril, but you're not losing that time as far as the deep mine is concerned. What you're losing is the silver and the other things you could have crafted in the Forge.

So opportunity cost as opposed to ROI? (^_^)

Frosty_Wench
06-28-13, 01:36 PM
So opportunity cost as opposed to ROI? (^_^)

Basically, the return in the ROI would be the time savings after day 20, but your investment is not 20 days of deep mine collections. Your deep mine functions normally during those 20 days. Your investment is what you spend in those 20 days which can only really be measured by opportunity cost. You're investing silver into Mithril production and you're investing the use of your Magic Forge into crafting Mithril instead of something else.

sdwombat
06-28-13, 02:14 PM
Wow! I am always so impressed by some of the calculations & deep thinking I see on these threads. I don't even think that hard when I am paid to do it! Sssh! Don't tell my bosses :p

sukyee
06-28-13, 04:12 PM
Sorry to off topic a bit... I'm short of living wood to craft ornate beam, any suggestion?!? I know the potion shop able to craft it, but 20 woods & 10 petals for 1 living wood that's too much

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 04:36 PM
That is what I had for the inventory (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?44476-Castle-Story-Inventory&p=517088&viewfull=1#post517088):

Dropped (rare) by Sawmill, Ivy's hut, all trees including Dead tree, Magic garden, Old Log, Sir Piggy, Feed the Baron, adventure. All living trees have the same drop rate of Living wood. Can be crafted at the Potion shop with 20 wood, 10 white petals and 5 water.

Have you received your nurturer's badge yet? If you haven't got it yet, chopping trees (living wood may drop) and watering flowers may help you. You can use the excess from both to craft more living wood ;)

vchanhs
06-30-13, 08:36 PM
Anyone can confirm adamant drop from deep mines? I don't have any and each cost 120 gems. Need 4 for upgrading deep mines and I am stuck with level 4 deep mine.

arale_norimaki
07-01-13, 02:17 AM
I do, my second drop came from a deep mine right before I upgraded it to level 4 :(

Lilipipi
07-01-13, 01:46 PM
I got at least three adamants from the deep mines.

rosewaterlily
07-01-13, 02:11 PM
Since I upgraded my deep mines (both level 4), I haven't gotten a single mithril or adamant. Do get wisp lanterns though, unfortunately I can't really appreciate them since I'm maxed on expansions and have 93 wisp lanterns and no way of using them. More expansions please. Or upgrades that use up wisp lanterns. :P

Lilipipi
07-01-13, 05:12 PM
I actually need mithrill drops, but keep getting adamant. The game seems to know what you need.

sluppies
07-02-13, 10:57 PM
Both my deep mines are at level 4 still no adamant and I've been playing from the start and no option to request it either?

Oliver118
07-02-13, 11:03 PM
Both my deep mines are at level 4 still no adamant and I've been playing from the start and no option to request it either?

Adamant rare drop from Sir Pigglesworth.

arale_norimaki
07-02-13, 11:04 PM
The option to request it was removed the very first day (it was a mistake of TL).

Same thing for me, ever since last Thursday I haven't got any adamant or mithril from deep mines. Can anyone confirm that those are still dropping from them?

vchanhs
07-03-13, 01:29 AM
I still get mithril but no adamant in sight.

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 04:14 AM
It would be nice if someone from TL could confirm whether the adamant drops from deep mine are still possible

zombiefun
07-03-13, 07:24 AM
Once you hit level 4 you can request it from neighbors. I also got one from my level three deep mine :)
I can't request it! It says "keep mining, loser". :(

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 07:29 AM
As I complained before, the reauest option was removed. Here is the explanation:

This was not intentional and the Adamant should not have been able to be requested. We have fixed this, thanks.

freesiawoods
07-03-13, 07:59 AM
Never got adamant from deep mines but two from Sir Piggy. Have 11 mithril from my lone deep mine including one in the past week. By the way golden nuggets have stopped dropping completely, where do I get them since my deep mine has never given me even one??

sdwombat
07-03-13, 08:20 AM
I actually need mithrill drops, but keep getting adamant. The game seems to know what you need.

I agree. I am having that issue with fish vs. Mermaid Scales.

tanbi1
07-03-13, 08:35 AM
Totally agree golden nuggets! MUCH rarer than apples atm.

tanbi1
07-03-13, 08:43 AM
Is it a glitch? They do seem to have gone. Anyone had one lately?

sluppies
07-03-13, 08:52 AM
It must just be my bad luck??? All I get from my level 4 deep mines are jewels, silver and coal....Mithril......I wish!! And the pig is useless an all.

tanbi1
07-03-13, 08:53 AM
Don't even get me started! :(

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 09:37 AM
Sluppies, I get the same as you :(

vitriolicheart
07-03-13, 01:39 PM
Never got adamant from deep mines but two from Sir Piggy. Have 11 mithril from my lone deep mine including one in the past week. By the way golden nuggets have stopped dropping completely, where do I get them since my deep mine has never given me even one??

I used to get them from my normal mines. I have 14 of them.
No drops since I got the deep mine.

rosewaterlily
07-03-13, 02:39 PM
Mithril has disappeared from my kingdom ever since I upgraded my deep mines. I had 26 and now only 6 after upgrading. Not even anything from bashing my dark cave formations. Guess it's a good thing I don't have the dragon egg because I'll need a couple of days collect the silver and forge them for the goal. :/ I've gotten a few gold nuggets from the regular mines recently but none from deep mines. Obviously no adamant either. This "upgrade" is backwards, I got better stuff before.

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 03:23 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to say that I had got no mithril from a dark cave formation.
This is really depressing :(

freesiawoods
07-03-13, 10:30 PM
That's it, I shall leave my deep mine at l2 then. Already bought a second one I think that's an easier way for me. Shall use the mithril for the dragon egg I got but who know whether I can get those rare drop items needed to hatch it:-(

Oliver118
07-03-13, 11:22 PM

I don't know, but can't you also get Mithril from Explore Dark Caves? Oh, and the whole point of the Deep Mine is so that you can get more Mithril, so you don't really need to wait 20 days if you're lucky. Also in the Forge there should be Alchemy: Jewels to Adamant.

goldensed
07-04-13, 07:53 AM
Oliver, it's only in the forge if you have the fourth shard. Many players, even level 30s, don't have all of the shards. I see you often on the forums so I know you read them. Be careful what you say. Please.

jtm101
07-30-13, 01:07 AM
I only recently discovered the Deep Mines can be upgraded (had a few weeks away from the game), and just read through this thread. What is the general consensus on whether it is worth upgrading the Deep Mines? Even at level 5 i think i would still only collect from them twice a day most days, like i do libraries. Are the drops better for higher level Deep Mines? Like many others i have no need for Wisp Lanterns as have long since expanded to the max.

MiniLaura
07-30-13, 05:03 AM
Upgrading the mines, or any of the resource buildings, does not change the quality of their drops. It just reduces drop time.

vednir
07-30-13, 10:28 AM
Deep mines are the most reliable source for silver which is useful for a variety of tasks: light armor and silver platters for the sweet feast, royal blocks/beams for buildings, and conversion to mithril in your magic forge for both the dragon egg as well as upgrading the deep mine. Plus what else are you going to do right now in the game?

As far as upgrading buildings go I find that upgrading the ones that reduce collection time for the building to be the best use of resources.

wassupbaby
07-30-13, 09:43 PM
cant get any adamant to upgrade my deep mine :( i think i'm stuck here for a while ...

cityfan
07-30-13, 09:58 PM
I don't know, but can't you also get Mithril from Explore Dark Caves? Oh, and the whole point of the Deep Mine is so that you can get more Mithril, so you don't really need to wait 20 days if you're lucky. Also in the Forge there should be Alchemy: Jewels to Adamant.
Jewels to Adamant?!! I have all 4 shards but no such option.....is this for real?

MiniLaura
07-31-13, 07:23 AM
Jewels to Adamant?!! I have all 4 shards but no such option.....is this for real?
No. Oliver is just making a suggestion. He is not saying that the option exists.

Queenzod
08-31-13, 12:09 PM

I procrastinated on upgrading my deep mines b/c I didn't want to waste 20 of my precious mithril on just what you're talking about. However, I got so desperate for silver that I went ahead and upgraded. I have to say it's fabulous! I'm up to level 4 on both of them now. I only have 2 adamant so I'll wait until something else happens to do the final upgrade. I'm such a nerd that I have to do both buildings at the same time or my brain will explode. Something else happening like, I dunno, Hugh Jackman stopping by with some excess adamantine which I can put in the cooker while I show him my...etchings.

Sorry, I got distracted there for a minute. Is it hot in here or is it just me? ;)

Anyway, my point was that it is so worth it to do the upgrade. I have lots of silver now, can craft a silver platter every day, have lots of jewels for ornate blocks and beams, and excess iron ore, which I make into more silver. I've also been crafting jewels from the excess coal. Just a nudge for anyone on the fence about upgrading.

Oh, and I started with 24 mithril, used 20, and now I'm back up to 12. So, not too bad for 5 days work.

DrP4ever
09-01-13, 01:01 AM
I'm at level 30, don't have the 4th shard so I can't craft mithril and can't get it from quests either. So incredibly frustrating. The "random" drops are ridiculous! Shouldn't be this far into the game and be unable to complete things because items aren't available to you. Silly!

caramel411
09-04-13, 07:35 PM
Deep mines at level 4 and 5 can both drop adamant. It's rare, but I've gotten 3 this way, whereas sir piggy has only dropped 1.

mikado86
09-04-13, 09:54 PM
Deep mines at level 4 and 5 can both drop adamant. It's rare, but I've gotten 3 this way, whereas sir piggy has only dropped 1.

People need to understand that building level hardly matter (in fact, I dont remember a case it actually does, I think this all originated from when that dragon library quest said "it might drop from high level library's" or something among those words) when it comes to drops, I have been getting adamant drops from deep mine since it was level 1

caramel411
09-05-13, 08:23 AM
Lucky you, getting a rare drop from the beginning

ciarjen
02-28-14, 03:56 AM
I'm not on the sapling quest yet but I'm planning to upgrade my mine to a level 5 to get read. It takes.....

14 Ornate Blocks
14 Ornate Beams
2 Architechs Paste
9 Magic Cement
10 mithril
2 adamant

That's going to take a lot of work :)

Castloninian
02-28-14, 06:37 AM
I'm not on the sapling quest yet but I'm planning to upgrade my mine to a level 5 to get read. It takes.....

14 Ornate Blocks
14 Ornate Beams
2 Architechs Paste
9 Magic Cement
10 mithril

Level 5 also takes two adamant, doesn't it? At least it did yesterday when I upgraded.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-28-14, 06:43 AM
Level 5 also takes two adamant, doesn't it? At least it did yesterday when I upgraded.

....and $350k?

Castloninian
02-28-14, 07:08 AM
....and $350k?
Sorry, I can't remember exactly. The exact details are on the spreadsheet which you can find linked somewhere, it has upgrade details for most buildings.

ciarjen
02-28-14, 07:15 AM

You're right it does. I was only worried about the mithril :D

belbar22
02-28-14, 07:35 AM

14 Ornate Blocks
14 Ornate Beams
2 Architechs Paste
9 Magic Cement
10 mithril
2 adamant

Managed to upgrade one of my mines to level 2. This is going to take a loooong time. Especially as I have zero mirthils and never seem to get any. aargh