PDA

View Full Version : This is odd.

Mphone
07-11-10, 05:17 PM
I want to clarify I am not trying to start drama or anything. This is just a bit weird.

This is my girlfriend's farm.
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/mphonetic/IMG_0052.png

This is a farm she found today.
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/mphonetic/IMG_0051.jpg

They are exact. The layout is square for square. How in the world does someone do that? Wouldn't that be laborious?

Again, no one is saying that they own a farm layout. But c'mon. This is very very odd. My girlfriend works a lot on her farm and I know she made it from scratch. Then this guy/girl makes an exact copy. Creepy no?

So, whats the deal? Any thoughts?

DoodleBug
07-11-10, 09:30 PM
I want to clarify I am not trying to start drama or anything. This is just a bit weird.

Again, no one is saying that they own a farm layout. But c'mon. This is very very odd. My girlfriend works a lot on her farm and I know she made it from scratch. Then this guy/girl makes an exact copy. Creepy no?

So, whats the deal? Any thoughts?

I would say it's more suspicious than creepy, because unless your girlfriend went back to play an older version, it looks more like your girl copied Alamak. Or, someone is playing with photoshop.

The Alamak screen shot is from the Flower version or earlier; note the Sound Icon in the upper right corner. The Morgan Creek screen shot is from the Snap or later version. And, why did she water the farm if she found it creepy? So what's up with that?

Unregistered
07-11-10, 11:46 PM
Actually it is probably none of anyone vault, although I don't recall about display different of flower and snap version.

The explanation.
When you visit another player's farm and experience a failure in the network connection, you will be put back in your farm when the connection reestablished BUT, with some information such as the farm name is not updated to your name. So you will see your farm with another player name on it.
Weird, but harmless. I would say that it is a bug that has not been cleaned by Teamlava yet.

Unregistered
07-12-10, 12:59 PM
Actually it is probably none of anyone vault, although I don't recall about display different of flower and snap version.

The explanation.
When you visit another player's farm and experience a failure in the network connection, you will be put back in your farm when the connection reestablished BUT, with some information such as the farm name is not updated to your name. So you will see your farm with another player name on it.
Weird, but harmless. I would say that it is a bug that has not been cleaned by Teamlava yet.

That would make sense if both farms were exactly the same but one farm is just planted and the other is hours later.

Mphone
07-12-10, 01:04 PM
I would say it's more suspicious than creepy, because unless your girlfriend went back to play an older version, it looks more like your girl copied Alamak. Or, someone is playing with photoshop.

The Alamak screen shot is from the Flower version or earlier; note the Sound Icon in the upper right corner. The Morgan Creek screen shot is from the Snap or later version. And, why did she water the farm if she found it creepy? So what's up with that?

That is explained. The screen shot of her farm is from my game which is the "Summer" version that has the photo option in it.

She does not use that version and she sent me the picture of the farm she found.

The explanation.

and

That would make sense if both farms were exactly the same but one farm is just planted and the other is hours later.

That does make sense. The reason there is a time difference. I took the picture of her farm hours later. After I had thought about it and we had talked about it.

So this is a very good explanation as to how that would have happened. Thanks.

trenae
07-12-10, 01:08 PM
Or maybe that player just liked the way that farm looked and wanted to do it themselves.

To answer the OP - no it's not that laborious to do. If someone snapped a screen shot/photo of it then it's relatively easy to duplicate. Your gf or whoever has this happen to them should take it more as a compliment that someone liked the work enough to bother duplicating it.

Unregistered
07-12-10, 01:09 PM

But we don't know when the screen captures were taken

Chezzik
07-12-10, 02:51 PM
When you visit another player's farm and experience a failure in the network connection, you will be put back in your farm...

This happens to me all the time. I frequently see screens with my farm, but labeled as someone else. If that person is a neighbor, then I just go back to the neighbor screen and load again, and then I get the right farm.

Unregistered
07-12-10, 07:02 PM
Just happened to me today after a brief loss/disconnect with the network. I had been planting my new crop, and when it came back on, it was my farm, but had a recently visited famer's name at the top.
Easily went back to my own name over my farm when I hit "home"