PDA

View Full Version : How to earn shovels?

GhettoRanch
06-26-13, 02:16 PM
I nee help finding shovels ! No one ever has them for sale is there a way to earn them ?

jtm101
06-26-13, 05:39 PM
I think they're weirdly the rarest item in the game. They may drop like other tools from crafting, harvesting and deliveries... But super rare.

I really dont remember getting them any other way than buying from other players (often from newspaper), i scored 2 yesterday and still need at least 6 to clear my land. I have way too many saw and pick axes that i dont need and often sell.

jtm101
06-26-13, 05:46 PM
I actually still need another 9 shovels, with 3 expansions left to do.

esmerelda35
06-27-13, 06:28 AM
I 100% agree - the update verbiage said that we'd be able to get more drops of needed items, but I still need 8 shovels, haven't seen one in ages (and definitely not since the update), and I haven't received anything but coins from clicking on the butterflies in a long time!
I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but it also appears that the expansion doc's (map, land deed, and the other one - don't have any in my inventory right now so forget its name) are coming way less frequently with deliveries - I've done about 30 deliveries since the update, and have only received an expansion document twice in all those deliveries.

(BTW - I love that the update introduced new items, and improved the "finding" heart situation - other than the fact they're not visible - see post under a separate thread).

zombikiller
07-06-13, 11:08 PM
It took me days to get a land upgrade, I had 40 items and just 4 to go, then the program stole 21 of them: 7 Land Deeds, 8 old maps, 6 expansion. This is not the first time this has happened, I have also had paint, hammers, wood and NAILS stolen by the program. My son is having the same thing happen to him! No point in playing if this is what happens.