PDA

View Full Version : Best thing to buy with gems?

zan5
06-25-13, 07:51 PM
I have been saving gems for quite a while, I have almost 500. What is the best thing to spend them on?? Like, something that cant be obtained any other way (eg spending coins.)
I have already purchased a second nest, and that was a great investment.
Now I am trying to work out what I should save for!
(I'm also getting a tad paranoid that the longer I keep my gems, the higher risk of losing them or accidentally spending them, so may want to spend them soon!)

scottyhaha
06-25-13, 07:54 PM
If you play on iOS buy a TD or SG 800

midnightmeerkat
06-25-13, 11:35 PM
I 2nd the idea of saving a bit more and getting either the treasure or stained glass dragon for 800 gold.... If you raise it to epic you get 5 gold a day

NouraMoh
06-26-13, 02:24 AM
Yes its a very good investment
I have both TD and SG and I get 9 gold bars a day ( cause SG is not yet epic )
On top of the daily 16 - 20 gold I get from my wonderful neighbours :)

DragonTan1
06-26-13, 03:41 AM
Yes its a very good investment
I have both TD and SG and I get 9 gold bars a day ( cause SG is not yet epic )
On top of the daily 16 - 20 gold I get from my wonderful neighbours :)

Hurry up and get it to epic, that extra 1 gold a day matters! ;)

NouraMoh
06-26-13, 04:17 AM
Hey DT :)
Welcome back sweetie

I'm trying to get it to epic ( along with other new dragons I have )
It's just too hard to collect enough food for these buggers!!

demonghoul
06-26-13, 04:28 AM
If you're on IOS, the Treasure Dragon or StainGlass Dragon for 800 Gold is probably the most rewarding, granted it is a long term investment.

Taking over 6 months off collecting 5 Gold from its Epic form to earn back your output and make a profit, if you're planning on playing for awhile it's probably the best.

Otherwise, if you're not on IOS or don't like the long term investment of the TD or SG Dragon, some people have brought a 3rd Nest. Two mainly used for breeding, the third used for Craftable Dragons.

With the current Habitat limit, you could also get a one of the 4-Dragon Habitats, if you find you're not having enough room for all of your Dragons and some of them are having to go into the Stable. Which is also a good point, if you don't have a Stable they are also something most high level players choose to get.

Finally, if you haven't managed to breed a Diamond or are finding it really difficult, I know some people have brought there's.

So yeah, TD or SG if you want, otherwise go a Big Habitat or a 3rd Nest. :)

DragonTan1
06-26-13, 04:48 AM
Hey DT :)
Welcome back sweetie

I'm trying to get it to epic ( along with other new dragons I have )
It's just too hard to collect enough food for these buggers!!

picklylily
06-26-13, 06:43 AM
I have been saving gems for quite a while, I have almost 500. What is the best thing to spend them on?? Like, something that cant be obtained any other way (eg spending coins.)
I have already purchased a second nest, and that was a great investment.
Now I am trying to work out what I should save for!
(I'm also getting a tad paranoid that the longer I keep my gems, the higher risk of losing them or accidentally spending them, so may want to spend them soon!)

Hi there! I just checked your island. You might want to buy a 3rd nest. Or splurge on a habitat. :3

funnyrandomness5112
06-26-13, 07:15 AM
I would Recommend saving the last three hundred and buying TD

holly_angel
06-26-13, 11:38 AM
Can android get gold from treasure dragon, too? Or just ios? Stainglass gives gold too?

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 11:41 AM
Can android get gold from treasure dragon, too? Or just ios? Stainglass gives gold too?

If we could get Treasure Dragon or Stainglass Dragons I'm sure we could get gold... but we can't get those.

If you're Android you may want to get the Clockwork Dragon for 500 gold since we can't get it any other way than to buy it... or save up for a gemstone dragon....

zan5
06-26-13, 07:27 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Yes, I am an android user. Bugger, it sounds like I am missing out on some cool dragons (that actually give you gold!!)
Does the clockwork dragon give you gold? Or any android friendly dragon give you gold??
I don't think I really need a third nest. I'll take a look at the habitat suggestions more closely.
:)

zan5
06-26-13, 07:30 PM
Thanks demonghoul for such a detailed response.
I am an android user.
I haven't heard of craftable dragons or stables yet. Can android users have these?? I'll look in to them...
And no I haven't got my diamond dragon yet, but I'm working on it!

demonghoul
06-27-13, 01:41 AM
Thanks demonghoul for such a detailed response.
I am an android user.
I haven't heard of craftable dragons or stables yet. Can android users have these?? I'll look in to them...
And no I haven't got my diamond dragon yet, but I'm working on it!

Trading and Crafting hasn't been released for Android yet, I personally wouldn't buy it as it should be released for everyone eventually, if you get desperate enough you could buy one, though they're all over 1000 Gold, I think.

The Dragon Stable? Isn't available on Android either, so your best bet would be to go for a 3rd Nest (I personally want to invest in one of these) or a Big Habitat (I'm pretty sure these are available on Android).

Otherwise, like someone else mentioned, the Clockwork Dragon is only available via market on Android and few people get it off spinning the wheel on IOS either if you'd be interested in it. If you get too frustrated trying for the Diamond, maybe save up for it?