PDA

View Full Version : Side Shop geting worse...

jtm101
06-25-13, 07:09 PM
This update has made my side shop go crazy. Before the update i would get those time out msgs every 4-5 shops i look in. Now i frequently get the spinning wheel, and it goes nowhere. Also the list of nbrs keeps on moving so fast now. Half the time i go to the wrong shop, and its nearly impossible to go down the list before it gets hopelessly jumbled up.

I used to do a full check of my side shop at least 4 times a day, now i cant even manage 1 before chaos breaks out. Having alot of trouble finding things i need and bargains.

Perhaps i have too many nbs for the system to cope?

I'd rather the list stayed still while i was in the side shop, and only refresh the order when i went back into the shop, after closing it to work on farm or visit a nbr.

jtm101
06-25-13, 07:34 PM
I dont think we're getting the 'Side Shop cannot refresh' msg anymore either. At least when we go that we could close the msg and load another shop and it would work again. Now the wheel just spins forever and goes nowhere. Then its really hard to load any shop, unless it was one you just loaded successfully.

When the wheel spins, you cant visit the nbrs farm either, it just returns you to your farm. I think i prefer it way it was yesterday, with that msg popping up.

[S8] Elsa
06-26-13, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the report. We're looking into this.

StacyLeeMeow
06-26-13, 08:35 PM
Thank you for the report. We're looking into this.

I'm having the same issue right now. I'm very glad there's already a report in and hopefully it won't take long for a fix to be found. Thank You!

jtm101
06-26-13, 11:20 PM
Thx for looking into this, i just wanted to add what i have discovered.

Firstly i did a full reinstall + reboot. With no improvement.

I think i get the 'endless spinning wheel' when i am trying to visit a nbrs sideshop AND while it is loading the order changes in my list. Then if i click on Visit, i get the loading chicken, and i am thrown back to my farm, out of the shop view.

esmerelda35
06-27-13, 09:41 AM
I am having the same issues as well!!
(and yes have shut down completely, and delete/reinstalled).

jtm101
06-27-13, 08:22 PM
My side shop is starting to behave itself more today, hope it has been fixed and it isnt iust my imagination.

But the order still moves around a little bit, it would be better if it stayed rock solid. Then re-ordered (based on number of items) only when re-entering the side shop.

jtm101
07-07-13, 07:02 PM
For the record this problem has not yet been fixed.

If you try to visit someones shop from the sideshop and the order changes then the shop wont load and will get stuck with the spinning wheel.

Please make the list static and and only update the nbr list when you re-enter the side shop. It's so frustrating when the list shuffles and you miss shops, or worse the shop wont load at all and you have to exit and hope to get back to the same shop again when you re-open your store.

StacyLeeMeow
07-08-13, 09:09 AM
I have to agree with jtm101 about making the shops stay put. Personally, I liked it much better when it was organized by level and alphabetically. I like to visit Every shop with goods for sale and am finding it very difficult to keep track of who I have or have not looked at.
I have not had loading problems lately *knock on wood*

07-09-13, 09:08 PM
When I visit my neighbors sales the wheel just slides forever and I have to close out. And then go to their farm personally. It's time consuming, especially when its already did my visits. Thus making me miss out on helpful sales.

I'd also love to be able to click and visit farms even if I haven't bought anything from them. I'm still sore from seeing six shovels on sale today. My barn was full so I couldn't make the purchase. I quickly sell ten brown sugars to make space, rush back to the same and it had refreshed.

jtm101
07-10-13, 07:28 PM
I think this latest update is just as bad if not worse than the previous in relation to the side shop.

I went through my nbrs shops (via sideshop) this morning from highest to lowest and it bombed out at least 20 if not 40 times. I know i have alot of nbrs, and the shop can become very active. The shops usually start at 12 items then get down to 5, or sometimes 4 before the list is truncated. So it can move around alot and as soon as someone either adds something to their shop or someone buys something from their shop, my list changes and if i am unlucky enough to be loading another shop at the time then my side shopping crashes. I'm then forced to attempt a visit whereby i get kicked out and back to my farm, to again open my shop and try to find where it last was up to.

I was really hoping this update that promised a fix for the shop, would have actually fixed this issue. Surely keeping the shop list order static is the fix needed.

I have also noticed when visiting neighbours their shop wont load occasonally, which may be the same issue manifesting differently.

StacyLeeMeow
07-10-13, 08:37 PM
*knock on wood* failed, lots of crashes since my last post.

StacyLeeMeow
07-10-13, 08:51 PM
"Uh Oh! Sorry, we weren't able to fresh the Side Shop right now," says Grandpa