PDA

View Full Version : Balanced breakfast? What happened yesterday?

TinksThots
06-24-13, 02:33 PM
I set a breakfast buffet going in one of my kitchens yesterday. When I came back for it, it popped out looking normal, but the words that floated up were 'Balanced Breakfast". I shrugged, went to the cooking caravan goal to add it to my tally (4/10), and my game crashed*. I loaded it again, checked the goal, it was still at 4/10, checked my inventory, it showed no breakfast of any kind, but that kitchen was ready to cook again. I tried to start something, and it crashed again. Reloaded, and then my goal tally was at 5/10 for breakfast buffets.

What happened? Are they working on something new in the kitchen that hasn't been fully released yet, did my game pick up on something that used to be there and was removed, or was that just a REALLY weird glitch?

*the crashing is unrelated and a regular thing (not enough RAM), but I thought I should include all details as they happened.

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 03:03 PM
It is weird, Balanced breakfast is the name of one of the goals you have to do prior to the Cooking caravan (the one where you have to cook your first breakfast)...

TinksThots
06-24-13, 03:12 PM
It wasn't the name of the meal though, was it? I finished that one a long time ago, since then I've been bouncing around working on a little of everything, I remember that now that you mention it, though.

TinksThots
06-24-13, 03:18 PM
I just got another one. It said balanced breakfast, and that's what it says in my inventory too. I coulda swore I made an apple pie in one kitchen and sugar in another. I got my sugar, and my last 10 apples are gone. I'm so confused now...

TinksThots
06-24-13, 03:24 PM
Curiouser and curiouser... I went to the cooking caravan goal, hit Load on breakfast buffets, it went up by one, so it's apparently still taking the balanced ones for that. I hit Load on apple pies anyway, just to see, and it went up by one as well, even though my inventory didn't have my pie a minute ago, and the sugar I'd made is still there too.

My game is haunted. :eek:

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 03:49 PM
It is not your game, mine is the same (well, about breakfast).

This is from my kitchen:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/fe16dcafdf6317d7db4e741819aaf4ee_zpseae0c2a1.jpg

And look what I had written for the inventory:

Breakfast buffet
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/b1ba034d7954aa8c9e4a5559b5e19d28_zps59856afc.jpght tp://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/8cff9245111df4d937a54ef555943825_zpsc6a09c26.jpg
Crafted at the Kitchen from 10 Oranges, 20 eggs and 20 bacons
Used for goals Balanced breakfast (requires 1) and Cooking caravan (requires 10). No further use known for now

I can't believe I never realized the names were different, lol! It is obviously the same thing, maybe TL made a mistake when adding the data to the game and used the name of the goal instead of the recipe. Isn't it cute?

TinksThots
06-24-13, 03:58 PM
I guess I just hadn't paid attention before when the words floated up, it's probably been like that this whole time!

But... my ghost pie? I know I made a pie and a sugar, because I'd just gotten enough apples to make another one, I've got one kitchen dedicated to sugar right now, and because my apples were gone and the goal went up by one when I hit Load. But when I collected from my kitchens I got the breakfast and a sugar, and the sugar is still in my inventory after the goal got both the breakfast and the ghost pie. I've reloaded the game since those posts and the counts still show those in the goal. That's still got me weirded out lol.

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 04:02 PM
I'd take it as a nice glitch. Usually it is the opposite, you know? This ghost pie is actually useful, don't you think?

TinksThots
06-24-13, 04:13 PM
Yes, very much so!

It still took my apples though, and the breakfast took my bacon and stuff, so it wasn't so much a ghost pie, as a ghost kitchen. Works for me, though.

It's kinda nice being haunted. :p

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 04:21 PM
So your ghost kitchen knew that you were meaning to cook an apple pie so it just did it? Nice! Haven't you unlocked any robot or something? ;)

TinksThots
06-24-13, 04:30 PM
Apparently, lol. I have no idea what I did, but I hope I do it again. :p