PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Like Crazy

diverDestiny
06-24-13, 12:58 PM
I can hardly play Castle story any more.
It's been crashing like crazy every time I open it.
Won't even load and when it finally does after numerous attempts, I go to one neighbor and it shuts down again.
I can't play the game like this.

MiniLaura
06-24-13, 01:03 PM
Have you tried deleting your game and reinstalling it from the App Store? Perhaps you do not have the most current version of CS.

Can you give us additional details such as what device you are playing on, what iOS you have, etc.?

diverDestiny
06-24-13, 04:57 PM
I have current ios for ipad.
IoS 5.1.1

diverDestiny
06-24-13, 05:08 PM
Did the update and it's the same story. Pun intended. I click on the game and the timer goes round and round and round and it never opens the game. Takes me like 12 trys to get the game opened. Once I am inside, I do a couple of things and it crashes again. Can't get anything done.

kooky panda
06-24-13, 06:36 PM
Is there are more current IOS update for your iPad?

If you are on an IPad 1, make sure you force close out other applications running in the background to see if this helps.
Also try turning your wifi off then back on again.
Try going under settings-safari and clearing out your data and cookies.

angela3737
06-24-13, 06:59 PM
I have the same issue on my iPad 1 st generation ..been like that for afew months ...it will take 29 tries before gsme comes on..once on , I seem to be able to collect some times.. but it's 100 % crash if cook recipe or make something like earth wisp ..may take 50 tries to cook 2 recipes ..I also close all other apps ..delete this and reinstall ..no changes ..:( hoping maybe in future update software will be compatible one day ..really love this ( castle ) and dragon ..same thing on these 2 games ..farm,bs, RS never have a issue ...playing them 3 years

ktappe
06-27-13, 08:29 AM
I have the same issue on my iPod touch. Normally I get maybe a dozen crashes a day and I can either relaunch or reboot the iPod and then relaunch to get back into the game. Today: Nothing. It has crashed all 20 times I've tried, no matter what I do. Did something change overnight on the TL servers? That is, are you trying to push more data out to the games now, something that might be overloading our available RAM? I've tried kooky panda's ideas; they did not help. I simply can't launch the app. Other apps (Bingo, etc.) launch fine. Help?

ktappe
06-27-13, 12:42 PM
By the way, I cannot delete the app and reinstall. This is because the newest iOS my iPod will run is 4.2.1, and the version of Castle Story now available in the App Store requires iOS 4.3.

Lilipipi
06-27-13, 01:18 PM
You could probably connect back to your computer and reinstall from your backup file on your computer.