PDA

View Full Version : Contest Winners? Do They Deserve It?

FlameyHawk
12-29-10, 09:28 AM
I have noticed that the past month in contests all of the winners are the big restaurants with 100s of gems. I think that this is totally unfair for the people who really deserve the gems because they only have this game but can't afford the gems. So what I am trying to say is Norman should really think about who he chooses next contest! Please Norman think of the children :)

Unregistered
12-29-10, 11:11 AM
Contests are just that. Contests. If run by developers they should be open to everyone to be fair. The weekly contests are not based on design. It's the luck of the number you post on so doesn't matter if your place is big or small.

Design contests are based on best design. I understand your frustration, but not fair to exclude one group in favor of another. People who support the apps financially should also have ability to be rewarded via contests developer contests.

What I would like to see is more player to player goodwill. Either thru player sponsored contests, or eventually, if possible, the ability to hide gems in our places that others can find when watering, tipping or cleaning. I think that would add a layer to neighborly gameplay. But would probably take a lot to program the functionality in.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 11:16 AM
Your poll needed a third option

'Or open to everyone despite buying or not buying gems' That's my choice, the only fair one.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 01:04 PM
Do they "DESERVE IT"??? Hello, are you an idiot or what? Or are you one of those people in the world who believes they deserve everything to be handed to them on a silver platter? Grow up. Get a job. Buy your gems. IF you desire. Otherwise, leave those who do buy gems alone.

Uninspired
01-02-11, 10:54 PM
You. Are. An. Idiot.

And I quote from the contest thread:

How the winner will be chosen:

This event is open to everyone. We will have a random number each week. The player who posted on that number will win. For example, if our number was 8, the eighth player to post a picture of their restaurant will win! If the posts don't reach the number we are thinking of, the last player to post will win. Only posts with photos of restaurants will count.

And what? Can't "afford" to buy gems, but you apparently can own a smart phone or iPad or Android? Really, did you steal the phone you're using now?

Unregistered
01-11-11, 10:01 AM
I believe anyone should have the right to win. Regardless, If you can or cannot afford gems. It's a contest...This isnt about being fair or not. What next ppl are gonna be wanting to have certain rules on who's is poorer or more richer.
Everyone should stop fighting and just keep re-trying!!! That's the fun part of it. And I NEVER could afford gems, but sometimes I just add 5 bucks to my card to get alittle gems, doesnt mean im rich! I can only afford so much.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 07:03 PM
Fair? Deserve it? My bakery won a few weeks ago (and a huge thanks to Norman and TeamLava for that!). My bakery wasn't big, it didnt have a lot of decorations, and I hadn't spent any gems on it. I was saving my gems that I was earning to buy something big. I enter 4 of the contests every week, and was amazed that I had won, especially after so many entries. I enter because, for me, it has become a part of how I play, not because I expect to win. Check out the farm story winners... one winner had only just started, they had a tiny farm with very little on it, so I dont think that it is being judged on how big, pretty or gem-decorated it is.

Rather than trying to start up some drama, why dont you go and add your entry for this week, and stop complaining because you think that you should be the winner each week.

Unregistered
01-14-11, 12:44 AM
too bad the biggest challenge is really spending gems accidentally.

whoopee, spent 10 gems for 10k coins twice. that was worth it.

Unregistered
01-19-11, 05:09 PM
Your poll needed a third option

'Or open to everyone despite buying or not buying gems' That's my choice, the only fair one.

Yeah :/ this poll needs a third option. And really, they're not going to be debating between the poor and the not poor... Even if this DID apply, RS staff can't virtually decide who can afford it and who can't just by judging the way a restaurant looks.

Afterall, anyone could lie about their economic abilities..

Unregistered
01-20-11, 09:18 AM
People that actually buy gems are showing that they're supportive of the game, therefore, taking away their rights to participate would make them feel like teamlava doesn't appreciate their support, and that is unfair. And of course, I'm not saying that if you're not a gem buyer, you're not supportive. These contests are just the way of teamlava saying "thank you for playing" and to promote people to play more. So I think it's VERY fair that gem buyers should also be able to participate.

Unregistered
02-05-11, 01:49 PM
One: don't call that guy an idiot Two: gems DON'T MATTER in the contests so 4GET ABOUT IT!!!

Unregistered
02-12-11, 12:51 AM
too bad the biggest challenge is really spending gems accidentally.

whoopee, spent 10 gems for 10k coins twice. that was worth it.

Oh my gosh. I totally did that too. Afterwards I was like" wait, what......no!!!!" Lol

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:30 PM
Do they "DESERVE IT"??? Hello, are you an idiot or what? Or are you one of those people in the world who believes they deserve everything to be handed to them on a silver platter? Grow up. Get a job. Buy your gems. IF you desire. Otherwise, leave those who do buy gems alone.

This is a 4+ game! 4 year olds can't work. Often, their parents can't afford it either. Think before you write