PDA

View Full Version : Koi Kingdom - Levels 265 - 270

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 06:55 PM
i am puzzled by the look of this region. i thought it would look more koi pondy but it looks more like a cluster of buildings. but when you play a level, there's a really pretty koi fish in the background :)

Level 265... digging moves level with super dirt and doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/3e459607-9e5b-4010-8871-70eba63b9518_zps8e5eedf5.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/cce22411-45c7-4688-912c-cee723bb2c98_zpsa4e97841.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/57b87649-5da1-4134-b316-b437e8f3d55f_zpsbabffa83.jpg

the doom jewels at the start screen range from 15, 20, and 25. but BEWARE! more doom jewels will drop in as you play with varying counts (10 and <10). most of the digging will be through super dirt, so make lots of those blasters and bombs. i passed this on my first try and i managed to evade all the doom jewels from detonating! yay. oh another note: if you finish before you run out of moves, you have to keep playing until you run out of moves, so doom jewels will continue to drop in. keep an eye on those doom jewels!

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 07:08 PM
Level 266... digging moves level with super dirt, white blocks, stone jewels, restricted jewels, and doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/10c7472c-0e4b-4832-9cc7-c099a6030c5f_zpsa02294ef.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/20187a60-c346-4e89-9719-4c736ff106d4_zps67eacc4c.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/1c9041d3-727e-449e-9778-8e01bfaafbf6_zps2ad3c43f.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/6b9c60bd-3767-44b7-aca3-08a3516ed9ab_zps8f3c2358.jpg

wow 100 moves to dig down 15 meters! i passed this on the first try by creating lots of special jewels and making sure i got rid of all the doom jewels that drop in. the timer on the doom jewels that drop in is around 10 and <10. i focused on blasting down the super dirt and releasing the restricted jewels, but i didn't pay too much attention to the stone jewels. this level was pretty fun and i ended up with a lot of leftover moves, but i still had to worry about getting rid of the surprise doom jewels.

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 07:13 PM
Level 267... timed fire level with walls

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mrce4y.png

1:00 on the clock to get rid of all the fire. this one took me like 4 tries to pass it. there are lots of match making opportunities. so just try to get a good control of the fire early on. the only troublesome region is the bottom row in the middle, below the gap on the board. but definitely doable.

the next level is a digging one with lock & chain, but i can't try it right now or post because i am going to dinner :) have a good summer solstice weekend everyone!!

Phaedrakiki
06-23-13, 11:56 PM
I love your un-"koi pondy" description, Aileeni! ;) And wow, 266 is a very cool-looking level!

OpeningCeremony
06-24-13, 01:33 PM
Level 268... digging moves level with lock & chain, super dirt, black jewels, and doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8ba4bc1f-d2d9-431c-ac32-8a78db72360a_zps7d2a13b6.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/2ed082ea-893e-4abb-8550-0926f47b70e1_zpsb2406966.jpg

the most challenging part is to unlock the lock & chain by making enough matches of the color locks. there are two different colored locks with a count of 45 each. the colors of the locks will change from round to round, so take note of the colors you should be focusing on. on the start screen you'll barely see which color locks you have, but the count on them won't be visible. so you won't really know how many more matches you need to make until you dig down through the dirt and super dirt. but once you dig down, you have less area of a board to make matches on. so you probably don't want to dig down right away. with 50 moves, it's pretty tight. so i'd focus on the colors of the locks and also making special jewels to dig through the super dirt. (hmm i think doom jewels drop in too) so you'll also be busy wasting moves on trying to get rid of those.

OpeningCeremony
06-24-13, 01:48 PM
Level 269... fire moves level with lock & chain

http://i39.tinypic.com/awqkw2.png

this unlocking the lock & chain in this level is also very challenging. and then once you finally get it to unlock the fire is difficult to get rid of. this took me many tries. only advice is to focus on the colors of the locks. but you'll find those colors to be sparse in most rounds. good luck!

OpeningCeremony
06-24-13, 01:52 PM
Level 270... digging moves level with super dirt, restricted jewels, white blocks, and surprise doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/36c2667c-8c32-4886-ba6e-ea056df36e2d_zps76f31871.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/60cf252d-0a99-4c32-958e-c84a41f2265a_zps3d807e79.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/262eae98-4157-41b7-a218-96d4f848dd2f_zpsc7028413.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/0a397de7-25c9-4240-b5ae-f746cbad8210_zps367f2b9a.jpg

last level of Koi Kingdom! i know this level looks like it's straight forward but with 75 moves and 16 meters to dig down, it's actually not that easy. it's hard to make special jewels and have them in the right spots that you need them. the closest i've gotten is 14/16 meters and i made a ton of diamonds in that round. i would've passed but for a doom jewel detonating on me!! grrrrr. every single other round i've been able to keep the doom jewels at bay. so just keep your eye out on those doom jewels that drop in and try to make lots of special jewels.

finnth12
07-21-13, 12:22 PM
So glad that I learned something in the precious island about swapping 2 diamonds together, it could be really useful in this island. Not only clearing the dirts but also Put off the fire, with special "granpa old "Yes". :cool:
I'm on 270 now.... Not much stars I earned here, 2 of each only, next time if I finish all island I'll be glad to try again.

Phaedrakiki
07-21-13, 03:21 PM
Hi finnth, wow are you moving fast! :D I wanted to clarify something about fire & 2 diamonds. On the previous island, I posted that swapping 2 diamonds will clear all dirt/super dirt onscreen in a digging level. But I read a post (I'll have to look for it,) that said the same move was pretty in-effective for fire. If you have lots of jewels touching the flames it'll work pretty good, but a big fire pit or a row of fire separated by a "window" or other barrier would probably not get extinguished. I'll find that post & put a link to it here in a bit... But I'm sorry to say, old gramps might not be all-powerful, lol! ;) For fire, it might just be better to use the diamonds one-at-a-time...

Phaedrakiki
07-21-13, 04:55 PM
Hi again, finnth! Here's the post I mentioned (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?50398-Abode-Ablaze-levels-157-162/page5&p=643548#post643548) about using 2 diamonds for fire. Maybe it works differently on various levels, though...have you tried it with fire yet? Be sure to let us know how it works for you! ;)

finnth12
07-21-13, 05:46 PM
Hi finnth, wow are you moving fast! :D I wanted to clarify something about fire & 2 diamonds. On the previous island, I posted that swapping 2 diamonds will clear all dirt/super dirt onscreen in a digging level. But I read a post (I'll have to look for it,) that said the same move was pretty in-effective for fire. If you have lots of jewels touching the flames it'll work pretty good, but a big fire pit or a row of fire separated by a "window" or other barrier would probably not get extinguished. I'll find that post & put a link to it here in a bit... But I'm sorry to say, old gramps might not be all-powerful, lol! ;) For fire, it might just be better to use the diamonds one-at-a-time...

Hi again, finnth! Here's the post I mentioned (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?50398-Abode-Ablaze-levels-157-162/page5&p=643548#post643548) about using 2 diamonds for fire. Maybe it works differently on various levels, though...have you tried it with fire yet? Be sure to let us know how it works for you! ;)

Hi! Thank you, for the confirmation, probably when I swapped 2 diamonds the jewels touched the fires, I'm not really sure about that. It happened so fast on timed level, after i swapped it i passed. I think it was previous island before this one. I'll try again when I get 2 diamonds on fire level.

Really appreciate for your help. Thank you. I'll let you know again for sure...:o

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 10:04 PM
Level 265: Dig 8 meters in 110 moves (5JC.) That's a lot of super dirt (s.d.!) But I actually passed on my first try. This was really fun (I was a little worried about getting thru all that s.d. at first!) Pretty straightforward--use lots of special jewels!

Level 266: Dig 15 meters in 125 moves (5JC.) Such a pretty level! This one took a couple tries, but I passed it with 3 stars (dug well beyond 15--no China ;)) You can make lots of special jewels here (& need to!) so it's really fun! I swapped 2 diamonds a couple times (on different rounds though,) which wipes all the dirt/super dirt from the screen. Awesome "gramps"! ;)

Level 267: 20 fire in 1:05 (5JC.) Ah, the "moves" fun is over (for now.) Timed fire is so stressful for me--I'm hoping I don't have to play here long. Though this certainly doesn't look as bad as some. K, no more putting it off. Play it, already! ;)

Changes: 265 - 35 added moves; 266 - 25 added moves; 267 - 5 seconds added, plus crates. Not much difference, but I'll add a photo of 267 on my next post. ;)

aileeniweeni
07-25-13, 03:53 PM
(...)Changes: 265 - 35 added moves; 266 - 25 added moves; 267 - 5 seconds added, plus crates. Not much difference, but I'll add a photo of 267 on my next post. ;)

ooh lots of extra moves added. but do you think they're a benefit or a disadvantage? because i reread the summaries of those levels and you can't pass the level until you finish up all your moves... meaning more doom jewels dropping in. but it looks like you passed with flying colors so it's probably a benefit!!

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 05:05 PM
What a surprise, I actually passed 267. Each round, I tried to take control of the fire quickly, starting with a flat (horiz.) match touching the fire. (If I didn't have one, I'd restart the level 'til I did. Seemed to make a big difference.) I passed using a blaster + bomb in the middle/low on the board, which took out all but the lowest corners. Then I had matches next to each flame! Time ran out before I could make the 2nd match, so I had to press the "more time" button. I was stressed with shaking hands, and I didn't want to do that again (and who knows how long it would take to get that far again?) Now I'm done, with only moves levels left on this island. Yay! :)

Level 268: Dig 7 meters in 60 moves (5JC.) Took a couple tries (1st two ended by doom jewels--watch out!) But this was a lot of fun. Only passed with one star, though.

Level 269: 24 fire in 65 moves (5JC.) Passed this one on my first try, pretty fun! Didn't remember this while playing, but any time you have color-change/white blocks (ice) and lock & chain, it's a good idea to change the ice to the colors you need to unlock. This isn't always logical, but when you have a choice between matches... ;)

Level 270: Dig 16 meters in 120 moves (5JC.) This is a special jewel extravaganza, but don't go too crazy playing with diamonds & forget how far you have to dig, lol! ;) I did for a beat, but quickly got back on track & passed on my 1st attempt. Only 1 star, so I'll be playing again to improve upon that. Same goes for the other 1-starred levels on this island...need at least one more star before I can continue on~

Moves added - 268: +10; 269: +15; 270: +45

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 05:09 PM
ooh lots of extra moves added. but do you think they're a benefit or a disadvantage? (...) meaning more doom jewels dropping in. (...)

Lol, yeah it worked out! In almost all ways the extra moves are a benefit, but man that would suck to have a doomie detonate below the goal line! ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 05:31 PM
This island has been such a joy with all the moves levels (5 of 6!) Koi Kingdom is actually a good name cuz of the sedate, tranquil levels here. But I took a peek ahead at Mermaid Shore (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54325-Mermaid-Shore-Levels-271-276)--Yikes! Starts out with a timed doom jewel level that players have complained about (doubt I'll be the exception, haha.) There's also a moves level with timed doom jewels (takin' the joy right out of it!) ;) I need to take a look around here...cuz I'm gonna miss it!

VGailP
02-09-14, 04:59 PM
I love your un-"koi pondy" description, Aileeni! ;) And wow, 266 is a very cool-looking level!

On level 265 after trying quite a few times...I finally achieved goal...it said level complete with 10/8. But now it isn't showing I beat the level :-(
Why would that be???

limonepledge
02-09-14, 07:21 PM
On level 265 after trying quite a few times...I finally achieved goal...it said level complete with 10/8. But now it isn't showing I beat the level :-(
Why would that be???

Hi VGailP, I had that happen a bunch of times on some level and it kept happening over and over. Eventually I contacted the support and they first to force quit the game and reopen it and try to beat the level again. If it still doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall the game. It'll save all your progress up until that level, but you'll still have to beat that specific one again.. It's frustrating on those hard levels, but the uninstall/reinstall worked for me and I was able to get through. Hope that helps!

VGailP
02-11-14, 07:35 AM
Hi VGailP, I had that happen a bunch of times on some level and it kept happening over and over. Eventually I contacted the support and they first to force quit the game and reopen it and try to beat the level again. If it still doesn't work then uninstall and reinstall the game. It'll save all your progress up until that level, but you'll still have to beat that specific one again.. It's frustrating on those hard levels, but the uninstall/reinstall worked for me and I was able to get through. Hope that helps!

Yes I find it very frustrating. I have tried several times and can't achieve the goal again.
Maybe other people have different results than I do,but I never seem to get more than some automated reply when contacting support or asking a question.
On 264 the level before this one, it totally would do nothing..wouldn't allow me to use my gold(I needed just a couple more seconds after trying like 20 times so was going to buy time) wouldn't allow me to buy more..just as if it was dead. I posted a question but as always I never have received any replies from support, mods, or anything.
I do appreciate your replies always! Thanks for being so nice and friendly with everyone!

limonepledge
02-11-14, 08:31 AM
I think it took about 2 weeks or me to hear back from support. I haven't had that problem with gold, so I hope it gets fixed soon. I have threatened to leave the game because it was hard and I was so frustrated. Sometimes if you just leave for a while or play easier levels to get a better score for a few days when you come back it seems easier. Could be because they add moves or time...

VGailP
02-11-14, 01:20 PM
I think it took about 2 weeks or me to hear back from support. I haven't had that problem with gold, so I hope it gets fixed soon. I have threatened to leave the game because it was hard and I was so frustrated. Sometimes if you just leave for a while or play easier levels to get a better score for a few days when you come back it seems easier. Could be because they add moves or time...

Yes I am definitely thinking seriously about giving up on JM. With that happening on level 264 where I couldn't use my gold, then getting 10/8 finally on 265 and getting beat on that(still haven't been able to win again after about 15 more tries) and now a few times it has froze up in the middle of the game and had to restart and lose an energy(some of them on energies I paid for the "refill") ugggggg!

Phaedrakiki
02-28-14, 11:27 PM
Hi VGailP! I don't know if you're still on level 268 (I believe that's the level you mentioned in the other forum.) I just played it again, as I only got one star the first time around. Plus, I noticed they added 15 moves to it--nice! :D (Also, my current level--516--is driving me crazy!)

There are already some great tips in this thread about the level--especially OpeningCeremony/Aileeniweeni's. She mentions how the screen at the top has more room (more jewels,) and suggests making extra lock & chain (L&C) target color matches before clearing the first row of super dirt. Once that 1st row's cleared, the screen scrolls--leaving you with less room to work, and less jewels to choose from when trying to fill your "quota."

Another tip is to start with a good board. For the first part of this level, it's all about getting the L&C opened. So note which colors you need as the screen scrolls up at the beginning. Make sure you have plenty of those colors on your board. If you only have a couple of those colors scattered around, restart the level. Otherwise, you're just wasting moves...clearing colors you don't need, to make room for the colors you do! A head start is better--having plenty of your colors, so you can start matching them on your very first move.

Then just concentrate on those target colors, but watch out for those doom jewels. They have reasonable timers, at least. Get a good combo ready to go (blaster + bomb always awesome for digging) for when you decide to scroll, or use vertical blasters to blast some of the row 1 squares, leaving at least one until you're ready to scroll. You don't have to go crazy with it (trying to keep from scrolling,) just don't clear that first row of super dirt in your first few moves...

Once the L&C's opened, you have the black jewels to deal with. Use blasters, bombs, or combos to get rid of some. But always remember digging is your goal. Watch out for doomies, of course. After that, just keep blasting & digging until you've scrolled and see the goal line. You'll need a vertical blaster (or more) to get through it--or you can use a bomb or combo, of course. Once you've put a dent in that last line, you can try to get a horizontal blaster in there to blast the last super dirt row, or you can just try to match underneath (which will drop the super dirt beneath the goal line.) I just used a blaster + bomb at the bottom--works great!

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! : D

Phaedrakiki
02-28-14, 11:38 PM
Oops, I wanted to mention the "preventative measures" I take so I don't have problems like the ones you've mentioned. On a couple different levels, I've passed, then come back to the game not recognizing it. I also used to have lots of freezing, etc. After the 2nd time, I started force-closing my game at least once a day. I do a hard-restart on my phone once a week, as well. Since I've been doing this, my problems have diminished considerably! If I start getting freezing or anything weird, I immediately force-close the game to see if that fixes it (or I'll reboot the device if it seems necessary.) Hope this helps you! Good luck! :)

VGailP
03-01-14, 06:26 AM
Oops, I wanted to mention the "preventative measures" I take so I don't have problems like the ones you've mentioned. On a couple different levels, I've passed, then come back to the game not recognizing it. I also used to have lots of freezing, etc. After the 2nd time, I started force-closing my game at least once a day. I do a hard-restart on my phone once a week, as well. Since I've been doing this, my problems have diminished considerably! If I start getting freezing or anything weird, I immediately force-close the game to see if that fixes it (or I'll reboot the device if it seems necessary.) Hope this helps you! Good luck! :)

Hi Kiki!
Thanks..I have played some(not as much as before) and decided not to spend any money but just to play when I had energies. It took me forever to pass 268. Actually just passed yesterday. I couldn't get down 7 levels at all. I do believe there is something wrong with my game.
It is frustrating to lose coins you have earned..or refills you have paid for and the company never do more than reply with some generic answer and never fix the problem but say they solved it.
I don't think I will ever make it to 516! Lol!
Good luck to you! I Am sure you will pass the level soon!
I will give up way before then. It is taking me way too long to pass levels now.

VGailP
03-01-14, 06:36 AM

Btw, I never play on my phone, just always play on the ipad(so I can see lol). After the one upgrade where the icons no longer wiggle I don't seem to be able to do the things you mentioned now. (In another thread where you mentioned swiping as if I was wiping the image off the screen)
I probably should spend time learning the iPad but don't seem to have the patience or brain anymore.

Phaedrakiki
03-01-14, 06:56 PM
Just Google "how to force close app on iPad" or something similar. You'll find some great directions--or a YouTube video, if you learn easier that way. Knowing your way around your device will make all of your other experiences better (& help with your frustrations!) I wish I had an iPad...love to be able to play on that larger screen! :D

Phaedrakiki
03-01-14, 07:07 PM
(...) decided not to spend any money but just to play when I had energies. (..)
and the company never do more than reply with some generic answer and never fix the problem but say they solved it.(...)

Yeah, I agree. I've never paid for energy--couldn't pay for something I'll get free if I just wait a bit. As for the "company," I had to just had to accept...it is what it is. (And that wasn't easy--believe me! I got mad about gold, replies about problems, etc.) I finally realized I wasn't going to change anything, so I could quit or keep playing (without expectations, lol.) I didn't have the gold problem you did, though. That should've been fixed. But make sure to do the "preventative" thing--really helped me... Good luck!

VGailP
03-02-14, 06:55 PM
This island has been such a joy with all the moves levels (5 of 6!) Koi Kingdom is actually a good name cuz of the sedate, tranquil levels here. But I took a peek ahead at Mermaid Shore (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54325-Mermaid-Shore-Levels-271-276)--Yikes! Starts out with a timed doom jewel level that players have complained about (doubt I'll be the exception, haha.) There's also a moves level with timed doom jewels (takin' the joy right out of it!) ;) I need to take a look around here...cuz I'm gonna miss it!

Lol if I ever make it off this island I definitely won't miss it. It amazes me how you have passed so many on this island on your first or 2nd attempt. I did ok on 265 (I think or maybe 266) but other than that I have had a very tough time passing any of these levels. After all the problems I had I have finally made it to 270. Cannot believe how long I have been stuck here! Just hoping to move on off it soon!