PDA

View Full Version : My game is broken. :(

tanbi1
06-22-13, 09:28 AM
Despite having the tabernacle for months, I have yet to get a single shard, and I'm eagerly awaiting the first, as I am in desperate need of mermaid scales, the drops for which have become rarer than rare. I also have no Alicorn parts. Not one. Add to this, that despite harvesting wheat constantly, I haven't seen a skunkupine for days, and I get one rats tail a day from Ivy's cottage, if I'm lucky...the game has literally just turned into one and desperation. If I was unlucky on either Alicorn, or tabernacle it might be a bit easier, but months of daily play have afforded me nothing. :(

Gardienn
06-22-13, 09:55 AM
If I were you, I would email TeamLava support and express your concern and frustrations and ask if there is anything out of whack with the game that might need tweaking to get drop rates where they seem they should be, and ask what suggestions they have for you. They do not want frustrated and disgruntled customers/players.

tanbi1
06-22-13, 10:02 AM
It's more disheartened. :( And I genuinely am wondering if something is wrong. I'm trying to be patient, but it's almost like I'm not on the radar.

Gardienn
06-22-13, 03:03 PM
There's no harm in a gentle question to them about this. Maybe they really do need to adjust algorithms.

maguar
06-22-13, 04:26 PM
This is the info that the developer gave when the tablet was relatively new and people where saying that their game was broken.

Some things are just very rare and not meant to be guaranteed :) Expect to see lots of "long term" goals, that have a very low chance and are intended to take days/weeks/months to complete.

tanbi1
06-22-13, 11:26 PM
I would take pleasure from something taking months to complete. It takes me ages to build most buildings, which is great. It's the fact these things won't START, that's frustrating. I'm happy to wait and collect, gather and build. The fact is I'm doing none of those things. I have nothing to do....other than WAIT. WAITING and desperately hoping, isn't fun. :(

Lilipipi
06-23-13, 01:22 AM
Yeah there are no other distractions to take your mind off of waiting. It would be nice if there are other things to keep us busy in a constructive way.

tanbi1
07-02-13, 08:08 AM
So now I'm very almost level 30. Still, not a single shard and not a single Alicorn part. Not even a teeny, tiny, tease of a sniff, of a dangle of a carrot type pretend of either. :(

tanbi1
07-08-13, 04:51 AM
Still nothing. Fed up of baking now. It's all I do.

mikado86
07-08-13, 05:54 AM
Well you have been unlucky, granted I got my first shard like a month after I unlocked the tablet, then it took like a 2 week break, but oddly, I unlocked all 3 missing shards within a week

tanbi1
07-08-13, 06:31 AM
I need new knights! Or maybe my cooking is really bad! ;)

cxi2010
07-08-13, 07:56 AM
@tanbi1: do not despair, my friend, your luck will turn. I play several times a day and it took more than 2 weeks between shards; got my 4th one yesterday. My wife started way before me and plays just as often but she still hasn't got her 3rd shard yet.

onemansmiracle
07-08-13, 08:48 AM
Deleted your game and reinstall it, it might has some glitch there. And spin your tablet everyday,no matter what others say,I got my first shard at first time spinning it even after the position problem had been fixed by TL.. And the rest came relatively quick.

tanbi1
07-08-13, 08:57 AM
Ty onemansmiracle. A reinstall won't hurt. I will try it. Thank you. :))

Cxi2010, I got my Taburnacle at about level 23 if I remember rightly? I'm now level 30. I haven't gotten a single shard, and nor do I have an Alicorn part. If I could just get shard one to help with mermaid scales it would be a major coo! But despite playing every single day, and sometimes speeding up adventures or Taburnacle collection, I'm still watching other people's games progress while I'm totally stagnant. All I'm doing, and all I've done for weeks, indeed months, is send my knights on adventures. I think they're tired, and fed up with spicy feasts! ;)

tanbi1
07-08-13, 09:00 AM
Ok...I'm scared...do I actually DELETE my game? *sweaty palms/gulps* and then put it back?

greygull
07-08-13, 09:09 AM
Ok...I'm scared...do I actually DELETE my game? *sweaty palms/gulps* and then put it back?

Yes, you can delete and reinstall without worry :)

tanbi1
07-08-13, 09:19 AM
Phew. Done! I think I held my breath the entire time! Hopefully it will make a difference :(

tanbi1
07-11-13, 11:08 AM
This game actually hates me. :/

tanbi1
07-16-13, 05:05 AM
Still nothing...and I think people misunderstand my issue here. My problem isn't that I haven't completed any of these tasks, they take as long as they take. My issue is that none of them have STARTED. My game is well and truly kaput.

ghjvcucjb
07-16-13, 01:08 PM
Tanbi1, have you contacted TL support directly and ask them to take a look at your game?

I agree that is seems more than a little strange that you haven't gotten ANYTHING and warrants looking into.

olcastle
07-16-13, 01:48 PM
Still nothing...and I think people misunderstand my issue here. My problem isn't that I haven't completed any of these tasks, they take as long as they take. My issue is that none of them have STARTED. My game is well and truly kaput.

What tasks didn't start?
It's perfectly normal for this game to wait for shards for months.
And about Alicorn... let's face it...some of us will never get it without gems.

tanbi1
07-17-13, 02:17 AM
I don't have ANY shards, or ANY Alicorn parts zero zilch, not even a sniff...been level 30 for ages, play every day.

tanbi1
07-17-13, 02:19 AM
Has to be approaching 4 months. To not get a single sniff of either, frankly I'm about to give up. Just one thing and I'd know the game was working at least! But I don't think it is.

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 02:34 AM
I understand your frustration, but unfortunately that's the thing with random drops: they are not fair and can keep you waiting what seems like forever. I was already level 30 when I got the Alicorn goal, and I am still waiting for one of the parts (got the first two weeks ago). I have other neighbors in the same situation, it is unfortunate but not unsual.

Plus, you still have other things to do in your kingdom... Instead of focusing in the tablet and the alicorn, which are things you have no control over, why don't you expand to the Roost? Little Manty is a cutie and adult Manti is ugly but drops lots of fur :p And you may get a dragon egg to keep you busy too ;)

And about the tablet, I know it is not supposed to work, but I did it anyway for my first shard: have you tried spinning super fast your tablet before collection?

tanbi1
07-17-13, 03:01 AM
I've moved, I've spun, I've sped up. As I said, and I stand by, I am not desperate to complete an Alicorn. I know how long an elusive part can take....but nothing has started. no Alicorn parts. And no shards. I don't know of any other level 30 players with no Alicorn parts, AND no shards. I GENUINELY think something is wrong. I have been focusing on my expansion to the Roost as well, although I'm a little scared, as if I expand,and nothing happens there also, I'm done!!!! That will be me out! I won't play, to 'contribute' any more. No point flogging a dead horse.

tanbi1
07-17-13, 03:02 AM
I've had the Alicorn goal since level 26, poss 25. But I got the tablet very early, as I kept buying gems for my expansions.

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 03:34 AM
I just saw your post previous to mine saying that it must be 4 months. I think maybe I can help you stop worrying about your game. I didn't visit the forum between February and June and I have no idea when you unlocked your Tablet but I do remember when you got your Alicorn goal: it was about a month ago. You and I had been chatting about how to trigger the goal in the thread about ali parts, back then you were still upgrading your theatre :)
Like I said, I know people (three players at least) who have been waiting since February for these parts, so you shouldn't worry about your game, just keep enjoying what it gives you and in no time you will have all these things.

And don't worry about the Manticore either, the first egg is a sure drop.

jimboser
07-17-13, 06:52 AM
Tanbi1, have you contacted TL support directly and ask them to take a look at your game?

I agree that is seems more than a little strange that you haven't gotten ANYTHING and warrants looking into.

Right, get the TL folks involved. It will take them a day or three to respond, you'll get a form response advising you to force quit the game, restart your device, and delete/reinstall the game. Reply back that you've done that, and prod them to look closely at your game data to be sure that these challenges have been set correctly.

I can't help but wonder if this is something along the lines of the sync errors that ate other people's challenges, like not being able to do the Glimmerdust Trove quest, cut Sabina's hair, etc. The game may 'think' you have a shard, but you don't, and it won't drop the next one until the first is really there.

tanbi1
07-17-13, 07:38 AM
I'll email support, and in the meantime, I'm super, super close to having enough lanterns for the roost expansion. And I'll try and stop moaning!! It's just a feeling I have. Something doesn't 'feel' right. Ty guys. Truly. One thing this game does have, it's great players! Can't beat 'em! :)

Queenzod
07-17-13, 07:45 AM
I'll email support, and in the meantime, I'm super, super close to having enough lanterns for the roost expansion. And I'll try and stop moaning!! It's just a feeling I have. Something doesn't 'feel' right. Ty guys. Truly. One thing this game does have, it's great players! Can't beat 'em! :)

tanbi1, I have no real help to offer you outside of the very fine advice you've already gotten, but I did want to let you know that my heart breaks every time I see the title of this thread. I want you to be having fun times! My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

tanbi1
07-18-13, 05:50 AM
Expanded to the roost, egg incubating! Eek! :)))) Eggciting!!! ;) Forgotten the addy for support if anyone could remind me please?

arale_norimaki
07-18-13, 07:28 AM
Glad you got your manti :) And hopefully soon you'll have a dragon too, yeah!!

I am sorry you were the victim of a sync issue, it really is unfortunate :( The email for support is support@teamlava.com Give them as much details as possible to make sure you get a proper answer. Good luck!

tanbi1
07-18-13, 07:30 AM
Thanking you kindly. :)

tanbi1
07-23-13, 08:43 AM
Still nothing, and no reply from TL. :(

kooky panda
07-23-13, 10:26 AM
Still nothing, and no reply from TL. :(
Reply back to the automatic email you received back when you sent in your email to check the status of your request. ( This should have your ticket number on it)

tanbi1
07-23-13, 10:41 AM
That'll be why I haven't heard anything. No automated email. :( So presumably they haven't received it. :(

ghjvcucjb
07-23-13, 10:50 AM
That'll be why I haven't heard anything. No automated email. :( So presumably they haven't received it. :(

The automated email comes about a minute or two after you sent in your initial report. It will be in your mailbox. It just confirms that they received your report and to give it a few days for the staff to look into your situation. It will have a report number so you can check on your reports status. Although I can't ever seem to access that feature with my password as it requests.

If you haven't received this auto email then chances are TL did not originally receive it. Best to resend.

tanbi1
07-25-13, 01:25 AM
Email sent, and automated email received.

tanbi1
07-27-13, 11:44 PM
Still nothing.

tanbi1
09-26-13, 02:31 PM
Still no Alicorn parts. Have played every day.

tanbi1
10-29-13, 01:01 PM
STILL NOT A SINGLE ALICORN PART!!!!! Not one!

wswau
10-29-13, 08:36 PM
:D Seems like you are a normal player:p

normal player (depends on "luck") < bug player (creates "luck") < gem player (buys "luck")

wswau
10-29-13, 08:41 PM
:D If you don't like to spend gems, then just enjoy the game like me and other non gem players. Patience is a virtue:)

tanbi1
10-31-13, 03:09 AM
Sorry, but 8 months of 'patience is too much for me!

tanbi1
11-21-13, 09:38 AM
And another month drifts one...still not one single Alicorn part to be seen.

meme1098
11-21-13, 01:33 PM
I got mine without even knowing I did.:)...happened to be checking my inventory to see how much of something I had and low & behold, there it was.

tanbi1
12-31-13, 04:11 AM
STILL no Alicorn part!!!! That is at LEAST 9 months, although that's a conservative estimate!! Not one. Over 350 adventures, and ZILCH!!!!!M

kudukuda
12-31-13, 05:29 AM
Just a question... Are you playing the valentines version? It is my understanding that only players with the love shack can craft an alicorn, therefore it stands to reason that only those players with the valentines version will recieve the alicorn parts.
I am not even expecting the parts, since I would have nothing to do with them.
600 gems seems too steep for me to buy an alicorn for a once a week energy refill. As cute as it may be. (especially since sir piggy has been so kind as to drop 30 energy twice this past week).

MiniLaura
12-31-13, 10:33 AM
therefore it stands to reason that only those players with the valentines version will recieve the alicorn parts.

This conclusion is incorrect. Anyone can get alicorn parts while playing a normal version of the game. In fact, players should not be playing the Valentine's version anymore because it is out of date and no longer supported. (That means it does not have all the current bug fixes and will never have them.)

I received most of my Alicorn parts playing the regular version of Castle Story.

kudukuda
12-31-13, 11:44 AM
This conclusion is incorrect. Anyone can get alicorn parts while playing a normal version of the game. In fact, players should not be playing the Valentine's version anymore because it is out of date and no longer supported. (That means it does not have all the current bug fixes and will never have them.)

I received most of my Alicorn parts playing the regular version of Castle Story.

This is GREAT news!!! So after I recieve the parts, what can i do with them? Where can I craft the alicorn if I don't have a love shack?

meme1098
12-31-13, 11:45 AM
Just a question... Are you playing the valentines version? It is my understanding that only players with the love shack can craft an alicorn, therefore it stands to reason that only those players with the valentines version will recieve the alicorn parts.
I am not even expecting the parts, since I would have nothing to do with them.
600 gems seems too steep for me to buy an alicorn for a once a week energy refill. As cute as it may be. (especially since sir piggy has been so kind as to drop 30 energy twice this past week).

That version is no longer supported..but...I still have access to the love shack in the newest version I'm playing. I have 3 wings in my inventory but doubt I'll ever get another horn since it took such a long time to get the first one.

MiniLaura
12-31-13, 01:13 PM
This is GREAT news!!! So after I recieve the parts, what can i do with them? Where can I craft the alicorn if I don't have a love shack?

Right now there is not a way to craft an alicorn without a Love Shack. We are hoping that the Love Shack will be available again around Valentines Day 2014.

FYI: Currently, players who did not start the Valentines 2013 goal chains before the goals were removed will not get the Alicorn goal and therefore will not get Alicorn parts dropping from adventures. (At least I think that's true. I will check.) Again, hopefully, the goal chain will be available in the next year.

dizzy7373
01-01-14, 12:02 PM
Were you playing last valentines and didn't buy a love shack, or did you start playing afterwards.
If you were a late starter have you got any alicorn parts in your inventory?
If not the that could vindicate MiniLaura's assertion that you needed to have done the love shack quest to enable the dropping of parts

That version is no longer supported..but...I still have access to the love shack in the newest version I'm playing. I have 3 wings in my inventory but doubt I'll ever get another horn since it took such a long time to get the first one.

My love shack stayed in my kingdom after moving from the valentines version to the current version too.
So as long as you got one last valentines day then you are fine with upgrading the game.

dizzy7373
01-01-14, 12:06 PM
I got mine without even knowing I did.:)...happened to be checking my inventory to see how much of something I had and low & behold, there it was.

Similar situation with me, didn't notice the wing drop till the quest popped up telling me to start the crafting process.
Then a few months later I was just scrolling through my love shack to look at the crafting, and I had both a wing and horn sitting in there waiting for the limin essence to be crafted, so I got a 2nd alicorn, no idea how long the parts had been there, but it was a lovely surprise.

kudukuda
01-01-14, 12:28 PM
Right now there is not a way to craft an alicorn without a Love Shack. We are hoping that the Love Shack will be available again around Valentines Day 2014.

FYI: Currently, players who did not start the Valentines 2013 goal chains before the goals were removed will not get the Alicorn goal and therefore will not get Alicorn parts dropping from adventures. (At least I think that's true. I will check.) Again, hopefully, the goal chain will be available in the next year.
Basically this is what i meant. I started playing after valentines, so i was never expecting any quest lines or parts for the alicorn. Thank you very very much for the clarification. :)

tanbi1
01-03-14, 11:39 PM
I have the love shack....I have completed the correct adventures and I have the Mystic Alicorn adventure waiting to be completed....and it has been sitting there for over NINE MONTHS!!! I haven't received a single part!!! I play every day...well I did...this has been grating me BIG TIME for ages, and now I've had enough...CS has definitely now lost a daily player. It takes the biscuit and I've had enough! I'm not stopping altogether but interest has now wained, and I'm not giving it the level of commitment I have. I'll check in every few days or so instead. Loyalty clearly doesn't pay! Pretty hacked off.

Tetelestai72
01-04-14, 09:14 PM
While the alicorn is definitely cute and somewhat practical (though 30 extra energy a week doesn't really make a big difference in gameplay), hinging your joy playing this game on a rare drop is going to lead to disappointment. And once you get it and it's full grown, you only click on it once a week- it's not a daily part of gameplay. So enjoy the game for what it is- build a beautiful kingdom, expand, and complete all the quest lines that you can work on in the meantime.

I play multiple TL games including dragon story. On castle story, I'll be honest, I've had pretty good luck. On dragon story, I am literally in the same boat you're in with castle story. I am level 101 and I still don't have a diamond dragon. (Which is basically the equivalent of an alicorn in its rarity.) I've had to give myself the same advice I'm giving you: enjoy the great features of the game however much you decide to play and don't worry about the rest.

tanbi1
01-05-14, 02:11 AM
I have an Alicorn! I bought it in a pack offer ages back! It's not the fact I want one, I have one! I just don't like the 'rare drop....NEVER drop aspect of the game. Besides which...I believe mine is a glitch, and I've been saying it for months.

tanbi1
01-05-14, 02:14 AM
One part would suffice!! I never said I was peeved I didn't have an Alicorn. I'm more upset that I know it's a glitch and TL never answer!! A wing OR A horn and I'd be happy!

Anyuszko
01-05-14, 09:02 AM
I crafted 5 alicorns, and still have 5 horns in my inventory, but zero wing atm.

Petasos
01-05-14, 07:38 PM
So did you ever get your shards? You stopped talking about them and they were just as aggravating to you early on. Be happy you can at least hope for Alicorn parts, some of us have to wait another month to even think about searching for them. Sorry for your wait but maybe you should stop obsessing and enjoy the game. That is usually when good things happen.

tanbi1
01-06-14, 11:37 AM
I crafted 5 alicorns, and still have 5 horns in my inventory, but zero wing atm.

Exactly...hardly a fair distribution!

ginrae22
01-06-14, 12:52 PM
Yeah I thought I was never going to get it a while back, the parts were just never coming. Now I have like 2 wings but nothing else seems to ever come along. Of course I feel like it takes me so long to craft 1 spicy feast or something that I don't send out enough quests to have good chances of getting anything. But on i go haha working on the new faerie quest, the dragon egg and the glimmer gate all at the same time. It's sloooooooow goings!