PDA

View Full Version : Please make right side of wall brighter!

supahmonkiee
06-21-13, 10:10 PM
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this!

I'm sure many of you have noticed that the right side of the wall is darker than the left. I noticed it when we had the Sweet Co. goals. I just rearranged my bakery and as soon as I put the fairly new baby pink wallpaper there, I immediately remembered the dark part. The wallpaper is not as bright on the right side as it is on the left. Same goes for all light toned wallpaper. The only wallpaper that you don't notice it too much are the ******d ones. I really don't understand why we have to have a "shaded" side in our bakery. Am I being too picky? Am I the only one who sees this?

Thanks again.

mergirl96
06-21-13, 10:41 PM
Finally, someone who understands! I find this extremely annoying. It makes all the cute wallpaper look ugly. I don't think you're being too picky. But I admit that I am kinda picky myself :-)

zan5
06-21-13, 10:51 PM
I though it was my device! Or the fact that I had to remove wallpaper underneath?
Glad other people have noticed it too!

NoWayCupcake
06-22-13, 05:52 AM
Yes, I hate that! I always figured that's just how they gave the game depth and perspective and such, but it definitely makes me want to hide that wall! Some wallpapers you can't even recognize once they're on the right wall (the new rockets wallpaper for example.)

graciessweets
06-22-13, 07:21 AM
Glad to see others annoyed by the right side being darker! I too think it lessens the beauty of nice wallpaper :-)

SakuraBlossom188
06-29-13, 06:24 AM
Omigosh i know right?!?!

supahmonkiee
06-29-13, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys!! I really thought there would be more of us though. xD

OnCloudDivine
06-29-13, 11:30 AM
Count me in! I cannot comprehend how the designers think one color on one side of the room could go so horribly wrong on the other side!

domo2001
06-29-13, 11:52 AM
OMG I hate that its so annoying it throws off the whole design!:mad:

jellypie200
06-29-13, 12:43 PM
Its okay with me though
But I have a question I never really notice it
But is the sweetco wallpaper dark on the right or every wallpaper dark on the right?
I just think its dark because its a shadow

astraeagrim
06-29-13, 01:32 PM
Thats for sure. Its worse with certain wallpapers. This really is annoying in restaurant story with the digital wallpaper.

rosewaterlily
06-29-13, 05:26 PM
The dark wall definitely makes me less inclined to buy nice wallpapers (hint, hint TL) because they'll just look ugly on that side.

supahmonkiee
06-30-13, 11:21 PM
Its okay with me though
But I have a question I never really notice it
But is the sweetco wallpaper dark on the right or every wallpaper dark on the right?
I just think its dark because its a shadow

Its with all wallpapers. They are just darker on that side.

villeroy
07-01-13, 10:41 PM
Hum.... maybe I'm the only one who like this design? :)
It's normal for me because the darker side makes this 2D pic (anyway its a picture even though it's a bakery store with the little customers walking in and out) to 3D a little bit. I mean the dark side is necessary to make the store even more close to a real one.
Some wallpaper doesn't work with the darker side; the effect of casita wallpaper frustrates me but some wallpaper and wall decor do work better in the dark side, they pop out and give nice effect.
It could be a challenge to our sense of design; we could have more fun if we think in this way :)

Gypsy_Cat
07-03-13, 07:55 AM
I hate the difference in wall color :mad:

domo2001
07-03-13, 04:20 PM
Thats what we were talking about have u ever had any other wallpaper not just sweetco

supahmonkiee
07-04-13, 06:32 AM
Thats what we were talking about have u ever had any other wallpaper not just sweetco

I have tried every wallpaper and the only wallpaper that seems to work are te ******d ones. :\