PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 6-26-13

OpeningCeremony
06-21-13, 12:39 PM
New Teaser!

We want YOU to celebrate American Independence Day!
http://i.imgur.com/TRQMlv9.png
Show your ******s with the Uncle Sam Table and Chair in Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8131&d=1372193179

Note from maguar: it seems this update has e flamed some patriotic fervour from both Americans and non Americans. Please keep your comments on the update and note on the merits of having an update themed on a particular county's holiday. Please remover to be respectful with your comments about people and their opinions.

supahmonkiee
06-21-13, 01:44 PM
Good thing i didnt buy those 2 gems tables. xD I will buy these instead. Sorta reminds me of Captain America!

Natasha_07
06-21-13, 01:46 PM
I see we getting another independence theme. I hope this will be for COINS.

mergirl96
06-21-13, 07:32 PM
So, we 're getting an independent day update and an independence themed version of the game. I'm American, but I still feel like this is a little too much.

myferngardens
06-21-13, 07:36 PM
I love love love it! These are even better than the ones in the fourth of july update. So happy with all the Americana!

cherryberry9
06-21-13, 09:05 PM
Uhhh...how about us Canadians? We got the red, and the white but no maple leaf.

rainkissed
06-21-13, 11:34 PM
Very CUTE!!! I will definitely be getting some of these when i redecorate for 4th of July!!! Like myferngardens said, I luv the Americana deco :)

~~~~I'm not adding atm so please do not send me an invite as I will delete it~~~~

minidemon88
06-22-13, 01:18 AM
I see they want ALL of us to celebrate American Independence Day. Though I'm not a American. But the items looks not bad to me. ;)

sls0991
06-22-13, 01:26 PM
You guys are so picky. If TL is based in America they are obviously going to go all out with American holidays, traditions, etc. I'm German-American, but I certainly wouldn't by crying and whining if they were representing Australia or Canada, etc. I take offense to that as an American. Any of you that are 21+ or have no drinking age in your country, you need a good drink or 5! Loosen up.

supahmonkiee
06-22-13, 03:47 PM
^says the person who wrote that. Pfft. I think YOU'RE the one that needs to loosen up.

rainkissed
06-22-13, 05:13 PM
You guys are so picky. If TL is based in America they are obviously going to go all out with American holidays, traditions, etc. I'm German-American, but I certainly wouldn't by crying and whining if they were representing Australia or Canada, etc. I take offense to that as an American. Any of you that are 21+ or have no drinking age in your country, you need a good drink or 5! Loosen up.

Here here....we don't [] if they come out w Chinese New Year stuff or English tea this or that. if u don't like TL representing their/our country in a patriotic way, well then find another game based in your OWN country :) quite simple.

- PROUD AMERICAN!!!

mergirl96
06-22-13, 07:10 PM
Here here....we don't [] if they come out w Chinese New Year stuff or English tea this or that. if u don't like TL representing their/our country in a patriotic way, well then find another game based in your OWN country :) quite simple.

- PROUD AMERICAN!!!

I am also a proud American despite being born in another country, but I still think this update is a bit much. I liked that TL got a separate game for Independence day, that way for people who aren't American, they don't have to download it. But why have another patriotic update? It is a little too much red, white, and blue. One update is enough. I think if TL wants to celebrate the Holidays of a single country, they should try to include holidays celebrated in other countries as well. It gives the game way more variety, and no one feels left out. Please don't take offense, because I don't mean for this to be offensive. I just felt like giving my two cents.

graciessweets
06-22-13, 09:00 PM
I am also a proud American despite being born in another country, but I still think this update is a bit much. I liked that TL got a separate game for Independence day, that way for people who aren't American, they don't have to download it. But why have another patriotic update? It is a little too much red, white, and blue. One update is enough. I think if TL wants to celebrate the Holidays of a single country, they should try to include holidays celebrated in other countries as well. It gives the game way more variety, and no one feels left out. Please don't take offense, because I don't mean for this to be offensive. I just felt like giving my two cents.

Plain and simple- American company celebrating American holidays. not a big deal. It's a few updates, just ignore the items and save coins and or gems and wait till the next. I hated the music update and just ignored it, it's just a game.

rainkissed
06-22-13, 10:44 PM

So what was Cinco de Mayo update about? two weeks ago we had union jack themed items and so on. It is NOT too much when 4th of July is around the corner!! What is a 'bit much' is all the belly aching about TL's show of patriotism for our beloved country, and celebrating along with fellow Americans. Would you say that for Christmas or halloween updates that only went on for two weeks? and these are occasions not the entire world celebrates but a lot of people can't get enough of it. Even though im a pianist, the music theme that went on for weeks and weeks on end, that seemed like almost two months could be classified as ' a bit much', but I never complained or tried to rain on anyone's parade. I just remodeled or found other things to do.

TL basically can do whatever they want. I am not always happy with an update, and I don't expect to be. If im not happy w an update, i don't come on here to whine about it... I wait it out for another one I may like. It's like a tv show. If you don't like the story line of that episode you turn it off. Do you write letters saying "oh I didn't like the story...blah blah?" No, u just change the channel. Why waste so much time complaining about people celebrating something they are proud of? Stop infringing on their/OUR right to GLADLY AND PROUDLY celebrate. I draw the line when it comes to defending my country and family. I would go as far as saying to the whiners, HOW DARE YOU complain about an American theme, especially on a very important American holiday, on an American based game!!! Nothing is a 'bit much' for this great country that we love and if u are living IN America, you should support and be proud OF America. Period. Don't be a fair weather citizen.

TL does a bang up job trying to accommodate everyone or as many as they can. As far as I'm concerned they accommodate a lot of variety, cultures, etc which is far more than any other foreign/game developer does and TL really doesn't have to.

So like I said, if anyone doesn't like it, they are free to leave, that is unless they get off on constant complaining.

mergirl96
06-22-13, 11:27 PM
O
So what was Cinco de Mayo update about? two weeks ago we had union jack themed items and so on. It is NOT too much when 4th of July is around the corner!! What is a 'bit much' is all the belly aching about TL's show of patriotism for our beloved country, and celebrating along with fellow Americans. Would you say that for Christmas or halloween updates that only went on for two weeks? and these are occasions not the entire world celebrates but a lot of people can't get enough of it. Even though im a pianist, the music theme that went on for weeks and weeks on end, that seemed like almost two months could be classified as ' a bit much', but I never complained or tried to rain on anyone's parade. I just remodeled or found other things to do.

TL basically can do whatever they want. I am not always happy with an update, and I don't expect to be. If im not happy w an update, i don't come on here to whine about it... I wait it out for another one I may like. It's like a tv show. If you don't like the story line of that episode you turn it off. Do you write letters saying "oh I didn't like the story...blah blah?" No, u just change the channel. Why waste so much time complaining about people celebrating something they are proud of? Stop infringing on their/OUR right to GLADLY AND PROUDLY celebrate. I draw the line when it comes to defending my country and family. I would go as far as saying to the whiners, HOW DARE YOU complain about an American theme, especially on a very important American holiday, on an American based game!!! Nothing is a 'bit much' for this great country that we love and if u are living IN America, you should support and be proud OF America. Period. Don't be a fair weather citizen.

TL does a bang up job trying to accommodate everyone or as many as they can. As far as I'm concerned they accommodate a lot of variety, cultures, etc which is far more than any other foreign/game developer does and TL really doesn't have to.

So like I said, if anyone doesn't like it, they are free to leave, that is unless they get off on constant complaining.

OK...... You need to chill. I'm not blasting TL for being patriotic, I'm just saying I was hoping for something different. No offense, but there is no need to get wound up about it. But please remember everyone has a right to their opinion, and respect that. Sorry if my first post offended you, that was not my intention. I just wanted to state my opinion.

deedlebeetle
06-22-13, 11:27 PM

Very well said! I agree! PROUD TO FLY MY AMERICAN FLAG!

laprovence
06-22-13, 11:29 PM

I just lurk on the board and never felt compelled to post until now. I can tell you are very passionate and i wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I can't stand it also when some ppl have to say 'what about me?' 'What about my country?' It's very rude and in bad taste at a time like this. My question to the ones saying those things is why don't you ask a game developer in your country to provide that for you instead of complaining to team lava on what they provide for their own? Not trying to be rude but if you're gonna be discourteous to Americans then all bets are off.

rainkissed
06-22-13, 11:34 PM
O

OK...... You need to chill. I'm not blasting TL for being patriotic, I'm just saying I was hoping for something different. No offense, but there is no need to get wound up about it. But please remember everyone has a right to their opinion, and respect that. Sorry if my first post offended you, that was not my intention. I just wanted to state my opinion.

Don't tell me to chill you are the one that needs to chill dear. What you said was "IT WAS A BIT MUCH". That is far different than than saying " I was hoping for something different" so don't try to back peddle. It's lame!!!! Your original post did NOT offend me as mine should not have offended you.

rainkissed
06-22-13, 11:35 PM
Very well said! I agree! PROUD TO FLY MY AMERICAN FLAG!

Cheers! LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!!!!! :cool:

mergirl96
06-22-13, 11:42 PM
Don't tell me to chill you are the one that needs to chill dear. What you said was "IT WAS A BIT MUCH". That is far different than than saying " I was hoping for something different" so don't try to back peddle. It's lame!!!! Your original post did NOT offend me as mine should not have offended you.

OK good to know. I'm not trying to back pedal, but I should have been clearer. I applaud you for your patriotism, and glad to know you're quite proud of your country. Sorry if I came off as angry or upset.

deedlebeetle
06-22-13, 11:51 PM
For us Americans, Independence Day signifies supporting and celebrating our Armed Forces - past and present. Its the birth of our country. Its what makes us AMERICANS.

So for an AMERICAN company to celebrate an AMERICAN holiday with AMERICAN decorations is not "a bit much". Its patriotic!

mergirl96
06-23-13, 12:00 AM
I understand this completely. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I did. I'm also a proud American, and I really enjoy Independence day. Next I'll choose my words more carefully. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

maguar
06-23-13, 01:32 AM
Ok everyone, we all need to take a step back on this one. While some people may absolutely love this update, others may not. TL does release updates that celebrate different holidays and cultures. As they are an American company it makes sense that there will be different USA themed updates throughout the year.

Please keep your comments on the update and not on the merits of having a country's holiday celebrated. Also keep your comments about/to other people respectful.

Loxieland
06-23-13, 02:18 AM
I love the update and was hoping for some red, white, and mostly blue, as that is my favorite color.

graciessweets
06-23-13, 06:08 AM
What I think is a "bit much" is bakery story's prices lol

jdelvalle1
06-23-13, 06:53 AM

Agreed lol I've been trying to get to that 6 million expansion for a month & every time there 's something new out my virtual wallet shakes in fear LOL

TinksThots
06-23-13, 03:24 PM
There ya go, now THAT'S something to complain about no matter WHAT an update brings! >:{

dd1313
06-24-13, 07:57 AM
Not bad I hope I can get some of these, hope they are coins!

cherryberry9
06-24-13, 09:03 AM
The table does look spectacular.

lizziet519
06-24-13, 01:08 PM
I love seeing a patriotic theme from my next door neighbours. The only thing I would like would be to have flags like we have restaurant and farm. I fly my flag proudly in those games no matter what the theme.

PRNpny637
06-24-13, 02:07 PM
Precisely, TL is an American company so this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they'd make an entirely July 4th version. July 4th is the most significant American holiday that we celebrate.

I understand that TL has worldwide players who'd like to be represented and recognized. TL does a good job in listening to players and being diverse in their decor throughout the year. This update just happens to coincide with July 4th. The design team didn't intend to offend players. If you don't like the decor for any reason you do have the choice to not install the update and not buy any items.

For us Americans, Independence Day signifies supporting and celebrating our Armed Forces - past and present. Its the birth of our country. Its what makes us AMERICANS.

So for an AMERICAN company to celebrate an AMERICAN holiday with AMERICAN decorations is not "a bit much". Its patriotic!

bobbyrae
06-24-13, 02:14 PM

Agreed lol I've been trying to get to that 6 million expansion for a month & every time there 's something new out my virtual wallet shakes in fear LOL

So true! Lol. My next expansion is the 14million one and man...seems it might be easier to earn the gems and expand than to earn the coins!

graciessweets
06-24-13, 02:28 PM
So true! Lol. My next expansion is the 14million one and man...seems it might be easier to earn the gems and expand than to earn the coins!

Every update causes my bakery story coin bank to cry :-) I can't make enough coins to keep up....though now I only make 10 & 12 coin items. As far as expansion goes, I went the gem route ;-)

bobbyrae
06-24-13, 04:19 PM
Every update causes my bakery story coin bank to cry :-) I can't make enough coins to keep up....though now I only make 10 & 12 coin items. As far as expansion goes, I went the gem route ;-)

It's slow going at first but with lots of red velvet and earl grey tea it gets easier. I also worked on blueberry buckle and that autumn cake and not necessarily just red velvet and earl grey.

islanddoll1
06-24-13, 04:34 PM
I'm not an American but this is cute, will def be buying some

creamypuff
06-24-13, 06:39 PM
I like that we're being given a myriad of red white and blue stuff! Was at first wondering why there was more and thinking we don't have much time left to use it, but then I remembered Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Presidents Day etc... and the fact that I have a lot of military family! Plenty of opportunities to use them! Thank you for a 2nd set of tables/chairs!

OnCloudDivine
06-25-13, 01:46 PM
From the blog

OnCloudDivine
06-25-13, 01:47 PM
Redecorate your bakery with red, white, and blue! These items are sure to bring some American Spirit! Show your ******s with the Star Spangled Wallpaper in Bakery Story!

Make sure to include these items for the celebration:

American Flowers Uncle Sam Table Uncle Sam Chair Uncle Sam Counter

CuteTali
06-25-13, 02:48 PM
Also if you don't like it, just ignore this update. There are many updates I don't care about, but I just carry on with whatever theme I like at the time. TL is trying to celebrate as many holidays from different cultures. After months of asian stuff in restaurant, a month of mexican stuff in bakery and fashion and another month of australian stuff in farm, the US needs some love too. I think it's a nice update and I love the blue wallpaper, hoping it's for coins so I can buy lots of it and I'm curious to see these glass tables/chairs in my bakery up close. It reminds me a little of those tables and chairs we had at restaurant for halloween, very cool.

CuddlyDragon
06-25-13, 02:54 PM
We appreciate the feedback on the items, however most of the posts do not have anything to do with the items themselves. Please make sure your comments stay forum appropriate. This is the final warning.

StevenKevin
06-25-13, 04:06 PM
Totally uninteresting update, not so much because it is meant to celebrate something I couldnt care less, but especially because its got nothing to do with a bakery. Im playing this game to design a bakery with cakes pastries n so on. If I wanted to play the good lil soldier or designed some barracks-like buildings full of flags n banners Id play a different game. But well I assume after the splendid tea theme we would have to cope with something.... Dull. Ebbs n flows.
Conclusion: a good update as it is totally coin n gem-saving lol

laprovence
06-25-13, 07:20 PM
From the blog

OMG gorgeous!!! I can't wait for tomorrow. Thanks Team Lava and happy 4th! :D

laprovence
06-25-13, 07:25 PM
Totally uninteresting update, not so much because it is meant to celebrate something I couldnt care less, but especially because its got nothing to do with a bakery. Im playing this game to design a bakery with cakes pastries n so on. If I wanted to play the good lil soldier or designed some barracks-like buildings full of flags n banners Id play a different game. But well I assume after the splendid tea theme we would have to cope with something.... Dull. Ebbs n flows.
Conclusion: a good update as it is totally coin n gem-saving lol

Well a lot of the stuff in bakery story has nothing to do with bakery per se. I'm personally relieved the sissy tea theme is over. I'm getting to finally use my gems and coins I've saved for the past month :)

LalaSmooth
06-25-13, 09:55 PM
Ohhhhhhh maybe a new oven too? I love this American theme..

sweetieshan
06-25-13, 11:58 PM
Cute cute cute! My Union Jack will become Uncle Sam tomorrow!

DaisyG7
06-26-13, 01:05 AM
Yeh coins will definitely be a plus to be able to purchase them, along with in lower levels, like 45!!

hanselle
06-26-13, 01:07 AM
awesome

DaisyG7
06-26-13, 01:10 AM
Soo, if you dislike it all that much, why play the game at all... After-all restaurants, businesses, etc., do seasonal decorations!!! What are you going to do just put a table cloth and cup of water..

minidemon88
06-26-13, 01:10 AM
Sad! Seem like no LTO this week again. :( It's been awhile since we last got a lto.

DaisyG7
06-26-13, 01:16 AM
What is LTO?

minidemon88
06-26-13, 01:37 AM
What is LTO?

LTO = Limited Time Offer. It usually means a limited time offer decoration you can buy in-game which cost gems. :)

LalaSmooth
06-26-13, 05:24 AM
I am hoping its not a goal

jopazz
06-26-13, 06:29 AM
I like this update! (Please don't cost a lot of gems!) I will be sad to put my tea party items away for now, but everyone who is my neighbor ( A La Mode) knows I need to change things up often. :p

minidemon88
06-26-13, 11:29 AM
Updates out! Most of the items cost gems. Can't check if there's any new appliance or new recipe, since my appliances are busy cooking. =x

laprovence
06-26-13, 11:35 AM
A lot of the stuff is for gems but I've been saving for the past month for something special and this is it!:D time to redo my place. I'm really loving the stars wall paper and flag deco. Nice job guys!!!

laprovence
06-26-13, 11:37 AM
Soo, if you dislike it all that much, why play the game at all... After-all restaurants, businesses, etc., do seasonal decorations!!! What are you going to do just put a table cloth and cup of water..

Lol What can I say the world is full of haters ;)

OnCloudDivine
06-26-13, 12:13 PM
Updates out! Most of the items cost gems. Can't check if there's any new appliance or new recipe, since my appliances are busy cooking. =x

Nope, no new appliances or recipes (on the easy oven, anyway).

minidemon88
06-26-13, 12:20 PM
Nope, no new appliances or recipes (on the easy oven, anyway).

Thanks! Back to baking rvc again.

OnCloudDivine
06-26-13, 12:23 PM
Thanks! Back to baking rvc again.

Whoa, didn't see that coming! :p

sinc823
06-26-13, 04:18 PM
I was hoping there would be new recipes on regular oven just like restaurant story....

chocolat_89
06-26-13, 07:27 PM
The Wanted poster with the cupcake is hilarious! I bought two :D

CatLadyy
06-26-13, 08:06 PM
The Wanted poster with the cupcake is hilarious! I bought two :D

Super cute! I also LOVE the navy blue star wallpaper - I'm glad some items from this update can easily be used with any decor for those of us that aren't American. Great job on the update TL!

rosewaterlily
06-26-13, 11:00 PM
I like the translucent blue of the constitution table/chair/counter. And they're all for coins! I spent a bundle on getting extras of every appliance and redoing my bakery last week though so I might not pick those up right away.

zaaracake
06-27-13, 12:57 AM
Great update, thanks for the coin items, TL. Reckon they're trying hard to make up for the tea goal fiasco! Cheers and happy fourth of J to all from a non American who is just as happy to celebrate!

helpfaq
06-27-13, 02:08 AM
An Aussie update would be good! And an Aussie flag while your at it. There are about 10 diff ones available for gems, and I'd buy one :)

mymummy789
06-27-13, 02:20 AM
Super cute! I also LOVE the navy blue star wallpaper - I'm glad some items from this update can easily be used with any decor for those of us that aren't American. Great job on the update TL!

I agree. I am loving the presidential floor tile - it looks like stained glass :)

TinksThots
06-27-13, 06:08 AM
Great update, thanks for the coin items, TL. Reckon they're trying hard to make up for the tea goal fiasco! Cheers and happy fourth of J to all from a non American who is just as happy to celebrate!
Hey, who doesn't like blowing up stuff? :p

None of this stuff fits in with my color scheme, but it's a well-made update anyhow, and I'm glad it's not goals again, so it's all good with me. :)

laprovence
06-27-13, 08:36 AM
I agree. I am loving the presidential floor tile - it looks like stained glass :)

Yeah I noticed that. Very cool!

TinksThots
06-27-13, 08:38 AM
This thread is about the USA and NOT about suggestions for something else.
It's actually about the update itself:

Note from maguar: it seems this update has e flamed some patriotic fervour from both Americans and non Americans. Please keep your comments on the update and note on the merits of having an update themed on a particular county's holiday. Please remover to be respectful with your comments about people and their opinions.

CottonFaery
06-27-13, 08:47 AM
Seriously I don't really get this debate about an update or two being too patriotic or whatnot. If you don't like these items, just skip/ignore them and buy something else?

I'm Non-American and personally I do enjoy this update (as well as other country/holiday related versions) since it has really cute tables and stuff. :)

TinksThots
06-27-13, 08:57 AM
Seriously I don't really get this debate about an update or two being too patriotic or whatnot. If you don't like these items, just skip/ignore them and buy something else?

I'm Non-American and personally I do enjoy this update (as well as other country/holiday related versions) since it has really cute tables and stuff. :)
I completely get it... any time anyone brings up anything about any country, regardless of context, someone's going to have something to say about something. That's just human nature. I haven't seen any actual debating though, just an insult throwing contest. Real debating is fun and interesting, throwing different perspectives back and forth, not trying to change each others' minds, just discovering and exploring differing points of view. That hasn't happened here though, and this isn't the place for that anyway. We're supposed to be talking about the update itself, not what it represents or who it may or may not favor.

It doesn't go with my current theme, so I'm not getting any of it. It might later, if I redecorate, so who knows. It matches well as a set, and goes with some other things already in the game, so it's a good update. It doesn't come with goals, so I like that about it. That's my opinion about this update. :)

minidemon88
06-27-13, 09:41 AM
Whoa, didn't see that coming! :p

All appliances fully mastered! So no choice, gotta went back baking rvc again. :( I'll be so happy if they release some recipes on the regular oven. And regarding the updates, the most I like was the stars wallpaper and all those items which cost coins. :p

laprovence
06-27-13, 11:57 AM
It's actually about the update itself:

Yes I very well know that. Maybe I need to spell it out....it's about the USA theme update. Not a suggestion thread.

laprovence
06-27-13, 11:59 AM

It's nice to see someone with a healthy attitude:) unfortunately there's no debate going on. Sad to say its just jealoys haters spewing their comments lol

rosewaterlily
06-27-13, 12:39 PM
None of this stuff fits in with my color scheme, but it's a well-made update anyhow
It's not a perfect match with my pink/orange bakery but the constitution stuff is a similar shade to the blue glass tea tabletops I have out in the tea zone, so I figured why not spring for a constitution table and chair to put next to those? :P Those things have such a nice classical kind of look that I couldn't resist even though I seem to be perpetually 1 million away from my next expansion thanks to spending coins on updates the last few weeks.

electrikbarbarella
06-27-13, 12:44 PM
Maybe thinking outside the box would help. For example, I think the chairs in the update from last week will look great for Christmas with the red & white ******. :) The "Constitution" table and chairs in this week's update don't look necessarily patriotic, they just have been given a patriotic name. There's something for everyone in these last two updates. :)

iwnt2play
06-27-13, 01:24 PM
Love, love, love the Americana/4th of July updates TL! Thank you for giving us several wonderful options for tiles, wallpaper, table & chairs.
Half of the gems I'd been hoarding are now history (just like the theme) & i couldn't be happier, mission accomplished, great job!! :)

maguar
06-27-13, 03:02 PM
Ok everyone, we all need to take a step back on this one. While some people may absolutely love this update, others may not. TL does release updates that celebrate different holidays and cultures. As they are an American company it makes sense that there will be different USA themed updates throughout the year.

Please keep your comments on the update and not on the merits of having a country's holiday celebrated. Also keep your comments about/to other people respectful.

We appreciate the feedback on the items, however most of the posts do not have anything to do with the items themselves. Please make sure your comments stay forum appropriate. This is the final warning.

These types of comments mentioned in these warnings are still occurring. The thread will be closed if they continue. Please keep your comments on the update itself and be respectful.

cherryberry9
06-27-13, 05:54 PM
Cmon guys...no more fighting about the update...I'm not American but still love the update. Lots of new wallpapers and floor tiles have been added. So happy about that. Pity though the tables 4 gems, its gorgeous. Its also a pity that there's no new recipes. But oh well!

tennysonrobin
06-27-13, 06:50 PM
I think I like the constitution table and chair more: in coins only, nice design, but I prefer a different color. Or maybe wooden chair and wooden table with glass? That could be prettier ;)

farmernana3
06-28-13, 05:29 AM
Being from the US. I love the theme. Since it's my birthday too. I'ts even better. I can decorate for my birthday. :) Anyway, I love seeing themes from other countries. I may not buy any of the items, but that's not the point. It's not about me. We are all from different places, playing the same game. It's only fair we all have a chance to have items that reflect where we live. I'm always anxious to see every update, whether I buy any items or not. I just enjoy playing the game and having fun.