PDA

View Full Version : How can I upgrade buildings more quickly?

maz3girl
06-21-13, 11:00 AM
My post disappeared, so i'm reposting. I've already checked the Upgrading Buildings thread and my question isn't answered.

I'm working on upgrading all of my upgradable buildings. I have been at it for over a month now and it's going so slow! I'm 300 points away from level 30, have 2 mines, 2 deep mines, 2 sawmills, and 2 workshops and cannot have any more.

I don't seem to be having trouble gathering anything except for blocks/fancy blocks/royal blocks! Do they just take forever to make and accumulate or am I missing something? I've also been cashing in 10 trade tickets for building materials but that also takes time to work up to (and I don't know if it's worth doing that or should I be saving them up for the tinker camp?)

(FWIW I do not buy gems so that is out. lol)

Frosty_Wench
06-21-13, 11:11 AM
My post disappeared, so i'm reposting. I've already checked the Upgrading Buildings thread and my question isn't answered.

I'm working on upgrading all of my upgradable buildings. I have been at it for over a month now and it's going so slow! I'm 300 points away from level 30, have 2 mines, 2 deep mines, 2 sawmills, and 2 workshops and cannot have any more.

I don't seem to be having trouble gathering anything except for blocks/fancy blocks/royal blocks! Do they just take forever to make and accumulate or am I missing something? I've also been cashing in 10 trade tickets for building materials but that also takes time to work up to (and I don't know if it's worth doing that or should I be saving them up for the tinker camp?)

(FWIW I do not buy gems so that is out. lol)

If you are serious about upgrading buildings, then the Tinker Camp is a must. Also, how long have you had your deep mines? Because I found that once I got those 2 going I never had enough wood/sap to keep up with my stone/iron production. Basically, you generate wood/sap at half the speed, but you need twice as much considering both beams and glues are often needed to upgrade the high-end buildings.

maz3girl
06-21-13, 11:29 AM
Thanks Frosty. I will work towards my Tinker Camp. Do you select stuff to build in it or does it drop a random selection of things? (if so, what things?)

I got both Deep Mines when they were first released and that's an interesting point... I'm not fully expanded yet so when I run out of wood or stone, I start making wisp lanterns and expand to get stuff to chop/break. (Although I only have 1 more space to expand to that doesn't require more royal points or an expansion ticket so that plan will slow as well).

onemansmiracle
06-21-13, 11:33 AM
Count weeks instead of days, it will go faster ;)

Frosty_Wench
06-21-13, 11:42 AM
Thanks Frosty. I will work towards my Tinker Camp. Do you select stuff to build in it or does it drop a random selection of things? (if so, what things?)

I got both Deep Mines when they were first released and that's an interesting point... I'm not fully expanded yet so when I run out of wood or stone, I start making wisp lanterns and expand to get stuff to chop/break. (Although I only have 1 more space to expand to that doesn't require more royal points or an expansion ticket so that plan will slow as well).

The tinker camp is kind of a workshop/potion shop hybrid that works like both of them. You can make all types of beams, blocks, and glues, as well as earth wisps and wisp lanterns (Basically everything except for decorations and dyes).

arale_norimaki
06-21-13, 12:04 PM
You have all the details of the things you can craft at the Tinkers camp in maguar's guide (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSUE E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=7) (scroll down until the bottom, that's where the camp is).

You have all the details about upgrades in that guide too. That should allow you to plan ahead your next moves.

If I were you
- I'd upgrade first resource buildings (to shorten collection).
- if u still have the Fruit trade (25 strawberries and 5 sugar), I'd avoid collecting glimmerbulbs at all cost (this "upgrades" the trade to two hours) until you reach 94 tickets. Then you can collect one glimmerbulb since that will give an extra 5 tickets to get your Tinker camp
- Traper trade gives you fancy blocks and beans, plus iron, simple glue and sap. Use it whenever you can not do a shorter trade :)
- plant crops that will be useful for upgrades, check maguar's guide. Cabbages and carrots are needed to upgrade the stables, the market requires carrots too. They take a long time to grow, you could plant them in several times and still use your other plots. Instead, corn (used to upgrade stables too) grows super fast so you won't need to plant it ahead.

I hope any of this helps. Good luck with your goal!

maz3girl
06-21-13, 12:20 PM
If I were you
- I'd upgrade first resource buildings (to shorten collection).
- if u still have the Fruit trade (25 strawberries and 5 sugar), I'd avoid collecting glimmerbulbs at all cost (this "upgrades" the trade to two hours) until you reach 94 tickets. Then you can collect one glimmerbulb since that will give an extra 5 tickets to get your Tinker camp
- Traper trade gives you fancy blocks and beans, plus iron, simple glue and sap. Use it whenever you can not do a shorter trade :)
- plant crops that will be useful for upgrades, check maguar's guide. Cabbages and carrots are needed to upgrade the stables, the market requires carrots too. They take a long time to grow, you could plant them in several times and still use your other plots. Instead, corn (used to upgrade stables too) grows super fast so you won't need to plant it ahead.

I hope any of this helps. Good luck with your goal!

At one point I was trying to max out all of my crops so I already have 99 glimmerbulbs, but I still have my regular Fruit Trade option. Is that the best one to do for quick exchange tickets (as long as I keep up w/my strawberry and sugar production?)

Gardienn
06-21-13, 12:39 PM
At one point I was trying to max out all of my crops so I already have 99 glimmerbulbs, but I still have my regular Fruit Trade option. Is that the best one to do for quick exchange tickets (as long as I keep up w/my strawberry and sugar production?)

Absolutely. If you can keep it, do. Once you collect glimmer bulbs, Fruit Trade bumps up to Rare Fruit Trade which takes two hours and requires more things, so don't harvest any more glimmer bulbs for awhile. And stay away from the Magic Garden. Magic Fruit collection bumps up Rare Fruit Trade to Magic Fruit Trade, which I hear is even harder to trade with because it requires so much more stuff and takes more time to complete.

The meat trade is handy too, and often helpful for stocking adventures.

arale_norimaki
06-21-13, 02:10 PM
Absolutely. If you can keep it, do. Once you collect glimmer bulbs, Fruit Trade bumps up to Rare Fruit Trade which takes two hours and requires more things, so don't harvest any more glimmer bulbs for awhile. And stay away from the Magic Garden. Magic Fruit collection bumps up Rare Fruit Trade to Magic Fruit Trade, which I hear is even harder to trade with because it requires so much more stuff and takes more time to complete.

The meat trade is handy too, and often helpful for stocking adventures.

+1 keep to what Gardien said. Also, if you have the purple cow, it drops glimmerbulbs too, so store it while you are working on getting your tickets for the tinker camp.

Meat delivery gives you 10 energy, Eggs and Dairy exchange gives you three ingredients for your kitchen (most often two flour/sugar and one extra item like bread, noodles, hearty stew, grits, pasta, breaded fish). Both trades take 2 hours and give one trade ticket, so I'd go for either of them depending on your needs but only if you are not ready to start a Fruit trade.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 02:22 PM
+1 keep to what Gardien said. Also, if you have the purple cow, it drops glimmerbulbs too, so store it while you are working on getting your tickets for the tinker camp.

Yeah, I forgot about the purple cow because I've restrained from collecting from my magic garden and don't have one yet. Thanks for adding that.

arale_norimaki
06-21-13, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the purple cow because I've restrained from collecting from my magic garden and don't have one yet. Thanks for adding that.

The purple cow is cool, I mean, it is a purple cow! It drops gems sometimes (once a week or fortnight, maybe?), but other than that it is quite useless. You made a great choice avoiding to update the trade :)

elaur
06-21-13, 04:38 PM
I like the purple cow. At least it surprises me. And it helps with glimmer bulbs for the trades.

I like the milk/egg trade since it's only 2 hours and helps with feasts.

Tinker camp as soon as possible is the most important thing, I agree.

maguar
06-21-13, 04:45 PM
Relying just on the mines will keep you in stone but often still leave you short of other items need for the different types of blocks. If you've got the cash (and energy) invest in buying iron rich rocks. Each hit tends to drop stone and iron ore with the occasional drop of silver, jewels or coal.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 06:04 PM
Relying just on the mines will keep you in stone but often still leave you short of other items need for the different types of blocks. If you've got the cash (and energy) invest in buying iron rich rocks. Each hit tends to drop stone and iron ore with the occasional drop of silver, jewels or coal.

I do this too, though with deep mines I haven't to do this as often as I used to. Good advice, Maguar.

maz3girl
08-12-13, 12:39 PM
Ok so finally after almost 2 months, I got my tinker camp. Lol (I play daily but not constant). In the meantime I've upgraded almost all of my buildings and got 5 of the T&T badges. :)