PDA

View Full Version : Kindle update : version 1.0.7.4

innamoramento
06-20-13, 06:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EBFrEVC.png

Hey everyone! We're very excited to announce that we have now released an update to Dragon Story Amazon!

Click here to download and play Dragon Story 1.0.7.4 on your Kindle device! (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OOYALE)

Many of your issues with crashes and force closes have been resolved. We know you've waited a long time, so we also have another big surprise for you - NEW DRAGONS! With this new update, you have access to the same Dragons that Android players have!

Now you can get Pink, Mythic, Stone, Fairy Tale, and Cosmic type Dragons!

We hope you all enjoy the new update. Thank you for patience, we hope it was well worth the wait! :)

***Thanks to innamoramento for letting me hijack your thread!***

I haven't seen it anywhere so here it is : Kindle got a major update.
I updated the game on my Kindle and to my surprise, discovered that this is now version 1.0.7.4, just like on my Android account which has Fairy Tales !!! This is just GREAT and I want to thank Team Lava for finally updating Kindle. :D

kwhales
06-20-13, 06:33 PM
WOW congratulations. Why doesn't TL make announcements when they do this?

scottyhaha
06-20-13, 06:36 PM
Now TL need to upgrade kindle and android to 1.5, so we all on the same page..

hamadrys
06-20-13, 06:37 PM
I was wondering that too. Kindle players have been waiting for so long, they should make a big deal out of this. It's going to make a lot of people happy.

scottyhaha
06-20-13, 06:39 PM
I was wondering that too. Kindle players have been waiting for so long, they should make a big deal out of this. It's going to make a lot of people happy.

I think most kindle player are long gone....

FrozenTurtle
06-20-13, 06:48 PM
WOW congratulations. Why doesn't TL make announcements when they do this?

We were waiting for Amazon's approval and we weren't sure when it would come through. Yay for all our Dragon Amazon players! :D

kwhales
06-20-13, 07:10 PM
We were waiting for Amazon's approval and we weren't sure when it would come through. Yay for all our Dragon Amazon players! :D

Guess excited players couldn't wait to spread the news. It is wonderful news all the same.

igames4me
06-20-13, 07:39 PM
Yay for kindle

06-20-13, 08:22 PM
What all did you guys get in the update? There may be hope for android just yet.

HenryLucky1
06-20-13, 08:36 PM
What all did you guys get in the update? There may be hope for android just yet.

It's same version with Android, so must be it's same

nicole1967
06-20-13, 09:02 PM

I used to play on Kindle but waiting for updates or games to be approved by amazon was getting on my last nerve. I now TL is a very big part of the lack of updates for kindle but Amazon made it worse. I absolutely love my iPad.

doop01
06-20-13, 09:47 PM
I'm so happy for the kindle users! :D
It's been way too long between updates for these guys, I'm so happy you finally get something!

zooboo12
06-21-13, 12:03 AM
Yayyyyy kindle and ill just leave it at that.!!!!!!!

innamoramento
06-21-13, 04:42 AM
It is a major update ! I am glad TL did it even though Amazon can be a pain to work with. It proves they do care for the little Kindle players. So maybe there is hope for a few Ios features to come to both Kindle and Android one day :)

cortnylyn
06-21-13, 05:38 AM
Can Kindle craft yet though? I do not see it on my Kindle. It seems everything has to be bought with gold. BUT I'm at work and a little hard to peek at DS right now. Lol Happy for the update as long as we can craft etc. :)

HenryLucky1
06-21-13, 05:40 AM
Can Kindle craft yet though? I do not see it on my Kindle. It seems everything has to be bought with gold. BUT I'm at work and a little hard to peek at DS right now. Lol Happy for the update as long as we can craft etc. :)

Nope, you hope too high (I'm on android)

Firestarter9
06-21-13, 06:25 AM
How do you update the game on Kindle? I am SO ready for this!

cortnylyn
06-21-13, 06:36 AM
It should show that you need to update. Mine did this morning before I left.

And I guess I did hope to high lol sheesh cant craft? So we can spend all our gold while others can craft the items not very fair in my view. Wont be doing that and I guess after I'm done with clearing trees etc I'm done till we can craft etc. :)

hamadrys
06-21-13, 08:07 AM
How do you update the game on Kindle? I am SO ready for this!

It should show an update it available. If not, got to Amazon app store and to DS. Beside it, it should have an icon that says update.

glitterbabies
06-21-13, 08:29 AM
this is very exciting!!

glitterbabies
06-21-13, 08:35 AM
of course with this update comes higher food prices but I'll take higher food prices for cooler dragons any day \o/

Lindsey608
06-21-13, 08:42 AM
Finally..!! But I don't understand why it wasn't announced either? My game didn't automatically update, nor indicate there was one available. I've already played an hour or so this morning and would have completely missed this except the post caught my eye...

glitterbabies
06-21-13, 08:46 AM
Finally..!! But I don't understand why it wasn't announced either? My game didn't automatically update, nor indicate there was one available. I've already played an hour or so this morning and would have completely missed this except the post caught my eye...

same here and what about players who don't come to the fourm? they might never know there's an update....hopefully they will get a pop up.

shinava
06-21-13, 10:52 AM
same here and what about players who don't come to the fourm? they might never know there's an update....hopefully they will get a pop up.
Powers that be are now aware and all kindle players will get update

MomsHouseofSweets
06-21-13, 11:11 AM

Kindle and Android are not able to trade or craft ... that's IOS.

glitterbabies
06-21-13, 12:00 PM
Maybe the crafting and trading is coming sooner rather than later *fingers crossed*

yayacupcake
06-21-13, 01:37 PM
WOW! Very nice. So happy for Kindle, that's awesome! Hopefully they will at minimum stay up to date with Android.

moostermine
06-21-13, 06:28 PM
Truly, truly awesome! Thanks Team Lava, credit to you where credit is due!
This is a real step towards keeping everyone's hopes alive!
Thank you.

picklylily
06-21-13, 06:54 PM
Yay for Kindle neighbors! Congrats, you guys! You deserve it! :3

Loxieland
06-22-13, 08:59 AM
Surprised that there are not more people interested in this thread. I guess most Kindle players have moved on by now. Many, many months ago there was a lot of excitement for an update, but I guess not now.

LilMzB4Life
06-22-13, 09:19 AM
I'm glad my Kindle game finally has an update from Amazon. Thank you TL. I was afraid Kindle had been forgotten.

glitterbabies
06-22-13, 10:28 AM
Surprised that there are not more people interested in this thread. I guess most Kindle players have moved on by now. Many, many months ago there was a lot of excitement for an update, but I guess not now.

I think there are very few kindle players left. Perhaps many updated their device or just gave up the game entirely. I've only been playing since March so I didn't really experience the same level of frustration as others since I'm fairly new to the game.

rhianonmat70
06-22-13, 09:59 PM
It should show an update it available. If not, got to Amazon app store and to DS. Beside it, it should have an icon that says update.

I've got no button to update on the appstore page and no update on my Kindle. I'm a bit ticked off. I've been hoping for an update for ages and now that there is one... I can't get it!

Loxieland
06-23-13, 02:06 AM
I've got no button to update on the appstore page and no update on my Kindle. I'm a bit ticked off. I've been hoping for an update for ages and now that there is one... I can't get it!

The App Store says 'update' on mine. USA

hamadrys
06-23-13, 04:52 AM

Just look what version you have, it is possible you got an automatic update. If you don't have the latest version 1.0.7.4, maybe you should contact Amazon and see what you can do. They even have a chat for Kindle on their website.

cortnylyn
06-23-13, 05:15 AM
If it did not update you can always delete the game off Kindle as the game is saved on TL servers then re-download DS off Amazon. I have done this many times for other TL games as well. :)

hamadrys
06-23-13, 07:08 AM
If it did not update you can always delete the game off Kindle as the game is saved on TL servers then re-download DS off Amazon. I have done this many times for other TL games as well. :)

That's actually the best way to do it as Amazon just carry the latest version. Great idea cortnylyn !!!

katz1301
06-23-13, 08:55 AM
WOW
Thanks for thinking of Kindle, TL.

Just saw this thread, and did the uninstall/ re-install from my app store. I Have New Dragons now :-)

cortnylyn
06-23-13, 01:36 PM

Besides doing what I mentioned above..On Kindle go to Apps then Store..at bottom hit center "menu" then click "App Updates" This will check for any new updates that you might need on your games.

DragonDuchess7
06-23-13, 08:09 PM
Oh THANK YOU TL !!!!!!
We have been a patient bunch and just in the nick of time.
I really was considering walking away:)

Oliver118
06-23-13, 10:56 PM
I myself am an iOS player, and I can tell you that we got pink dragons last December, Mythic dragons in March, Cosmic dragons in April etc. but still, at least TL did something on Kindle!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FlyingonaPegasus
06-25-13, 04:54 AM

Some of us are still here!

Thank You Team Lava!

I went to app store then checked for updates.

First attempt at breeding fire and light gave me a 2 day breed with 33 hours. I hope it is my first pink dragon.

I was getting tired of epic failures trying to breed the night dragons...lol

YAY!!! Thanks again!

scottyhaha
06-25-13, 05:11 AM
1st yay, and after that is 33 hrs fail time.. Congratz

gotalotaluv
06-25-13, 05:38 AM
I am in ABSOLUTE SHOCK!! I had NO IDEA that kindle players couldn't get those dragons ... and here I am in Android grumbling about missing battles and crafting .. I will NEVER complain about that again. I'm so happy for you guys!! NOW CAN YOU FIX THE FORCE CLOSURES IN ANDROID PLEASE? now that we know they CAN be fixed? LOL

FlyingonaPegasus
06-25-13, 06:06 AM
1st yay, and after that is 33 hrs fail time.. Congratz

I'm sorry how is 33 hours on a first try a fail time? What other dragon could it be?

No need to be rude to those of us who are new at this.

FlyingonaPegasus
06-25-13, 06:32 AM
Oops sorry do you mean when I try to breed for the other pink dragons I will have a lot of 33 hour fails?

HenryLucky1
06-25-13, 06:52 AM
Oops sorry do you mean when I try to breed for the other pink dragons I will have a lot of 33 hour fails?

You'll cry when you see another 33 hours when trying for something!

FlyingonaPegasus
06-25-13, 07:06 AM
You'll cry when you see another 33 hours when trying for something!

I see. Its like what Ian said in Jurrasic Park II "Oooh aaah. It starts that way but later on there is running and screaming....." (can't remember exact quote. LOL

shaluvgreg
06-25-13, 08:53 AM
Ok I have the 1.0.5.5 version on my kindle. I cannot update! I tried using the link and it was unsuccessful. I do not know if I can delete and reinstall without loosing everything. Considering I started over with a new island when I got my iPhone and could not link my existing island and play on both devices I do NOT want to start again. PLEASE HELP!

shaluvgreg
06-25-13, 09:02 AM
Finally figured it out and was able to update by searching for app in Kindle App Store and then found an update option. :)

scottyhaha
06-25-13, 09:30 AM
Ok I have the 1.0.5.5 version on my kindle. I cannot update! I tried using the link and it was unsuccessful. I do not know if I can delete and reinstall without loosing everything. Considering I started over with a new island when I got my iPhone and could not link my existing island and play on both devices I do NOT want to start again. PLEASE HELP!

You can transfer your old phone over to your new phone.. You don't need to start from the beginning.

shaluvgreg
06-25-13, 10:19 AM
You can transfer your old phone over to your new phone.. You don't need to start from the beginning.

I started on my Kindle in February but didn't have it on my Galaxy SIII. When I got my iPhone in May, I searched for the app and installed it hoping since it was an Internet based game that I could play on both of my devices. I could not figure out how to sync them and given the versions were so different I did not believe it was possible to be able to play Dragon Story on both devices with my original island.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-25-13, 10:24 AM

Yep and depending on what you're trying to breed, it could be worse ... could be 44hrs.

xpinkiepiex2
06-26-13, 10:31 AM
So does this mean I can transfer my android acct to my kindle fore without losing all my dragons? I have the pinks, dawntree, nights, etc.

scottyhaha
06-26-13, 10:42 AM
So does this mean I can transfer my android acct to my kindle fore without losing all my dragons? I have the pinks, dawntree, nights, etc.

DS is Internet base game everything is save on TL server. You will not lose anything.

Oliver118
06-26-13, 10:51 PM
That's great for Kindle, though I play on iPad2

helyhu
06-27-13, 07:40 AM
Perhaps I'm the only one but I did the update and wishing I hadn't. The prices are ridiculous now and its not worth it for some pink dragons. I'm very far in the game, can't get anymore habitats, cost to expand jumped back up even before I updated, dragons are getting harder and harder to breed and now with food quadrupling I think I'm finally done with DS.

glitterbabies
06-27-13, 03:48 PM
I think the update has really messed up breeding on the kindle. I have not gotten anything except common dragons since I updated. I had the andorid app so I have pink dragons already but using the kindle version i've gotten NOTHING new since the update.

I'm even trying right now for Dino or Independence and I keep getting common dragons.

It's really annoying.

Lindsey608
06-27-13, 07:27 PM
I think the update has really messed up breeding on the kindle. I have not gotten anything except common dragons since I updated. I had the andorid app so I have pink dragons already but using the kindle version i've gotten NOTHING new since the update.

I'm even trying right now for Dino or Independence and I keep getting common dragons.

It's really annoying.

I've got the opposite problem! Bred Virtue immediately after update. Then Fairytale. Then Mythic. Followed by another accidental Virtue.

I'm dirt poor after all those habitats and tired of my nest being tied up.. but happy to finally have some new faces on my island! :)

MomsHouseofSweets
06-27-13, 07:36 PM

It's really annoying.

The breeding rules changed a good while back, making it many times more difficult to get dragons and getting common dragons (fails, if you don't want the dragon) happens all the time. While trying for the Independence Day dragon, you will probably get Love and or Winter dragons or possibly other commons, depending on the combo you use.

glitterbabies
06-28-13, 08:34 AM
I've got the opposite problem! Bred Virtue immediately after update. Then Fairytale. Then Mythic. Followed by another accidental Virtue.

I'm dirt poor after all those habitats and tired of my nest being tied up.. but happy to finally have some new faces on my island! :)

I wish I had your problem LOL

I've got over 13M coins sitting there with nothing to use them on.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-28-13, 11:03 AM

Have you had to purchase a 4 or 6M habitat yet?? Maybe the 500,000 coin habitat? I have a lot of coins and they do come in real handy. :)

glitterbabies
06-28-13, 03:52 PM
Have you had to purchase a 4 or 6M habitat yet?? Maybe the 500,000 coin habitat? I have a lot of coins and they do come in real handy. :)

yeah, I had to get the cosmic habitat and I bought the 500K habitat in anticipation of getting dino but so far I haven't gotten him.

I also have a large black which was 2 million coins.

Lindsey608
07-01-13, 08:12 AM

Got another fairytale too. Thank goodness that habitat holds 3, I'm still broke! :P

apehero
07-02-13, 12:18 AM
At last! I almost stopped playing dragon story because it was getting really boring on my Kindle! Thanks TL

shinava
07-05-13, 06:09 AM
Can not get new dragons on kindle. Am ready to quit. Havent got a new drgon after 52 tries. This is ridiculous. Espwcially when i have to waitv33 hours for viture to breed then 33 for egg to hatch. Not having fun anymore.

winterswind
07-10-13, 10:03 PM
TeamLava,
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
*goes to excitedly start breeding pink dragons*

This might have just rekindled (hah, punz) my interest in the game. A toast for updates, and may there be more where that came from!:D

yayacupcake
07-10-13, 10:13 PM
You guys get Rainbow Edition today too? Or did the game update and is it accessible on market? You guys still on par with Android?

xpinkiepiex2
07-11-13, 05:02 PM
How do I transfer my phone acct to my kindle?

SteveEG158
07-19-13, 01:27 PM
Guess what Android and Kindle users get to craft dragons!! News just leaked from Pony

NouraMoh
07-19-13, 01:59 PM
Congrats everybody
Really happy for you guys :)

kwhales
07-19-13, 02:00 PM
Guess what Android and Kindle users get to craft dragons!! News just leaked from Pony

Not craft them. Breed for them.

buttonsbaker
07-19-13, 02:43 PM
Powers that be are now aware and all kindle players will get update

Okay I am a kindle player and have not received the update and I went to Amazon and there was no update indicator. What do I need to do, to get it?

Oliver118
07-24-13, 11:57 PM
Feel so happy for all you kindlers!