PDA

View Full Version : Shark Cavern - Levels 259 - 264

OpeningCeremony
06-20-13, 03:01 PM
wheeee! i spy a new region after this one already. oh boy i need to catch up and quick! :p

Level 259... digging moves level with super dirt and walls

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/56f4f905-389c-40e2-a04a-d334f5c6114a_zps7501e0f9.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/be96687b-9f15-4b86-8ec6-e2a51807fafb_zps5841f197.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/119362dd-f5be-49dc-82b3-a542c9ff63da_zpsd47fe2e1.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/adb7933f-a5a0-47cf-b970-a513ed441c3d_zps4a8b36bf.jpg

this was a fun digging level. i passed on the first try and i made a bunch of diamonds, was glorious :)
the walls make the falling pattern of the jewels a bit unpredictable, so just be mindful of that. if you make some vertical blasters before super dirt is on screen, try to save them for when the super dirt is visible. blast away!

OpeningCeremony
06-20-13, 03:11 PM
Level 260... timed glass level with snakes, crates, white blocks, black jewels, and stone jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/2df18576-d545-45cd-9a09-6d20c8fcdcc9_zpsa308ca5d.jpg

wowza!! lots of stuff on this level. this level felt overwhelming on the first pass. i was just trying to get used to the level but i somehow got rid of the snakes without really focusing on them. what slowed me down a lot was the stone jewels. they eventually land in glass, so you have to move it out of the way to break the glass. i was just crazily make matches all over the place and trying to break through the crates. i think there is glass under the snakes in the very corners, but i'm not really sure. gotta play again to check. 2:20 may be an adequate time for this level, we'll see on the next few tries!

OpeningCeremony
06-21-13, 11:44 AM
yay passed level 260 and i think the best thing to do is to not focus on the snakes because they will eventually take care of themselves or a blaster/bomb will get them. i usually clear out the white blocks first to get them out of the way. then i try to move the stone jewels that are on the left side over to the right side. if they stay on the left side, they'll end up dropping down into glass (which is underneath the crates). so try to break through the crates as fast as possible and the crates that are in the corners with the snakes also have glass. so you do need to get rid of the snakes so that you can break through those crates too. this level is timed, but i didn't rush in making matches because i wanted to make smart moves to move out the stone jewels.

Level 261... fire moves level with snakes and restricted jewels and stone jewels

http://i44.tinypic.com/33w1404.png

the colors of the snake eyes aren't consistent with each round. but i always look for a round that has a match to get rid of a snake head right off the bat. with 35 moves, it's very tight and this level is pretty difficult. i've only come close to passing once and had one flame left. if i had opted to buy more moves, i definitely would've passed it. i just needed one more move to pass. um also take notice of the stone jewels that are restricted jewels! so i turned one of the stone AND restricted jewels into a bomb, but the stone jewel remained and was released and the bomb still formed but sat on top of the restricted jewel.

--> so if you have a stone jewel that is restricted, creating a special jewel while it's in a restricted state will not turn the stone jewel into a regular jewel. it will only release it!

clearing out both snakes seem necessary to get direct access to the fire. i'm not trying to release every single jewel, but just trying to get rid of all the fire as best i can. still working on this level, but i'm trying to make every move count!

Phaedrakiki
06-22-13, 02:59 AM
Omg--restricted stone jewels sound like a nightmare! How disappointing to discover you couldn't change it into a bomb...only release it. :( The digging level above looks very cool, and I loved your "glorious" description, lol. ;) Some of these levels on your recent islands look off-the-chain difficult, though you're still ploughin right thru! (But good luck, anyway, Aileeniweeni!) ;)

Gardienn
06-22-13, 06:23 AM
Gah. What a challenge.

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 11:01 AM
phew let me tell you. level 261 was tough! but i managed to finally get through it last night. and then after that i had a good run :) i'm almost to the next region yay

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 11:05 AM
Level 262... glass moves level with snakes, stone jewels, doom jewels, and crates

http://i44.tinypic.com/wlvho3.png

so this felt like a nice break from the fire in 261. the two doom jewels start with a count of 25. my board reshuffled a few times during the round i played. but eliminating the doom jewels wasn't that stressful. so things to focus on, getting stone jewels out of the way so you can break the glass. and focus on the harder to reach areas like the corners. also need to break the crates (i think there was glass underneath). the glass in the bottom rows are double glassed. i passed on the first try and it seemed fun :) also don't forget you can make matches across the walls that are in the center. 45 moves as of now.

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 11:23 AM
Level 263... fire moves level with a snake, stone jewels, restricted jewels, crates, and black jewels

http://i44.tinypic.com/2q15i6x.png

oh boy... where to start. honestly i just got really really lucky and got a good board on my 1st try. so i passed it. i didn't really play with any real strategy but to just contain the fire as it spread and make matches where i could. once you break any of the crates, the fire will be exposed and will start spreading from there. i got rid of the snake in my round, which helped open up the board some more so that i could make horizontal blasters which i used on the layer of fire above the restricted jewels. i also made a diamond and blaster combo, so that helped but didn't take out all the fire. i was playing it at like 2am my time, so i can't really remember how it ended. but i'm glad i got passed this! :D

OpeningCeremony
06-22-13, 11:30 AM
Level 264... timed digging level with super dirt, black jewels, and restricted jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/fd6156cb-2400-4071-89c2-8d7f3e1eecbe_zps663f1f86.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a9e3e268-3b30-4af9-b2f8-af84b529343b_zpse2fbddaa.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8a0cd61e-2c0d-410b-bb77-4ce12bd2bc9b_zps82b77932.jpg

yay last level of the region! woo hoo! so far i've only played this twice. first time i was half-asleep at 2am and second time i was half-asleep again at 8am. lol. so my brain was moving very slow and i probably made it only half-way through (6-7/12 meters?) each time. i need to try again, but i remember the black jewels were getting in my way. i also remember taking longer than usual to make matches. hmm ok i'll try again soon.

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 02:58 AM
Level 259: Dig 14 meters in 75 moves (5JC.) This one took several tries, and was a lot of fun! Very tricky, though. Those corners...jeez! And that one above the goal line is tough! I still had 26 moves when I reached that point (on the round I passed.) When I reached the goal, I only had 2 of them left! Of course, if you get a lucky board, you can do it faster (want to come back & have fun proving this, lol!) Really enjoyable level! :D

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 05:23 AM
Changes: 259 (prev.) - added 5 moves since post #1 (above.) 260 - added 30 seconds since post #2.

Level 260: Break 34 glass in 2:50 (5JC.) I've tried this a few times, and those darn stone jewels are the biggest barrier to passing this level. Even with all the other stuff going on. The snakes really do get ****ed easily while you're working on everything else. Stuff like bashing crates, making special jewels, blasting black jewels out of the way (not necessary, but nice if you do,) changing ice/white blocks, and most importantly...clearing stone jewels or moving them toward the center. Dealing with stone jewels stuck in double-glassed corners should be avoided if possible. I got close to passing every round but one, with only 1 or 2 glass left (w/stone jewels on them, of course.) Once I didn't get as far, cuz the screen reshuffled early on. Sometimes that can be an advantage, but not in this case. The ice & black jewels cluttered the board, making it difficult to make good moves. Gonna give it one more try before bedtime--gotta try to make quick yet smart choices regarding the stone jewels. The time limit on this feels doable (just gotta DO it, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 04:53 PM
Passed 260, and I gotta say it wasn't bad for a timed level (yep, really said that!) It was challenging, but not stressful in having a ridiculously short timer. I only passed with one star, so I'll go back to improve that. But I'm too eager to move on (as always)...so not yet! Oh, I tried to only play levels with some good starting moves (against crates, snake-clearing, etc.) If I didn't have a good move or two, I restarted the level. That's cuz if you don't open up some space quickly it might reshuffle, and you don't want that. At least while you still have all those black jewels--they really impede progress!

Level 261: 14 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) Ouch, they took 5 moves away from this one, and it was already challenging (according to prev. posts.) This one looks tricky..restricted stone jewels! Phew! And as prev. mentioned, you can't change the stone jewel in its restricted state. Have to make a match/blast it to "unrestrict" it, then make a 4+ jewel match to change the stone jewel to a special. Difficult, & there are 8 of them! Here goes (at least it's a moves level, so there's time to strategize...) ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 06:52 PM
Wow, I got a lucky board! I passed 261 on my first try. I followed OpeningCeremony's advice about starting with a snake-clearing move (or restart the level 'til you get one.) Then I seemed to get what I needed when I needed it. Had 3 diamonds I think, which I used to clear restricted jewels, put out fire, & the last was combined with a blaster which ****ed the rest of the fire! I didn't have to mess with the stone jewels much at all (cleared only one!) That was a nice surprise, and a fun level to play! Now another moves level...so excited!! :D

Level 262: 48 glass in 30 moves (5JC.) Omg, they reduced the moves by 15 (1/3 of them!) I got down to 46/48 my first attempt, & at least 40-something each round. And my last round, I got all but one glass...with a blaster pointing at it. Just needed another couple moves. Darn! From the 1st time I played, I restarted the level until I found good opening moves (doom or stone jewel-clearing.) I didn't want to waste moves. But then I stopped worrying about the doom jewels--they're actually not that bad. Just don't forget about them, lol. The upper jewels on far right & left columns seem to be the toughest-to-reach spots. So watch for moves to clear them (when "shopping" for a board to play, too. ;) ) Of course you also have to try to clear the stone jewels, or move them to break the glass (double glass at the bottom.) Btw, the doom jewels & stone jewels are always the same color/in same position (with matching gem by its side.) Fun level, but still working on it. I will conquer! (Soon as I have energy refilled, anyway...) ;)

finnth12
07-23-13, 07:45 PM
Level 262 was tricky, I was stuck with stone jewel, but then I ran out moves.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/bfcc8eae33d51ef14f076d74ba979c46_zps85f67485.jpg

Then, I was able to clear the stone jewels, but I still got glass on upper side and got no more moves.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/bb302e5bbe5915c0cbe4583bb41c1537_zpse07236a6.jpg

I wouldn't worry for doom jewels cos it's only 2 and has 25 moves each. But if you can clear doom jewels first is better, so you don't have to worry to get exploded.

Good luck, Phaedrakiki!

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 08:34 PM
Thanks, finnth. Funny, I was going to post similar photos (I've been snapping them as I go.) Mine are practically identical, lol!

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 01:30 AM
Took me lots of turns, but I finally passed 262 with 3 stars! Wow, I had just 1 glass left so many times! What a fun level, though! Early on in the round, I was able to convert 3 of the stone jewels (2 into diamonds!) & clear the top jewel in those hard-to-reach spots (in the far right/left columns.) I used a diamond + blaster combo, as well as a blaster + bomb prior to that. So it was a very lucky round!

I also passed the challenge, which I had noticed earlier is "pass in 35 moves." With only 30 moves in the level, if you pass, you win the challenge! I suppose 35 was a "challenge" when they gave you 45 moves. But now that it's reduced, it makes no sense. They'll probably fix it, like they did with a similar challenge problem a couple weeks back. (I think it was one of those crazy fire levels they kept changing the timer on, lol... ;)) Even if they lowered the challenge to like 20 or something, I still would've passed, though. I had 18 moves left over--lucky round! :)

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 02:15 AM
Level 263: 14 fire in 60 moves (5JC.) Looks like they added 5 moves and took out the black jewels, but I still didn't do all that well on my first attempt. The layout of this board makes it tough to put out the fire...hope I can get some good combos working next round (diamond + blaster would be awesome, please!)

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 05:33 AM
I just had such a lucky round on 263. After several tries, I passed with 37 moves left over! Only one star, though. I saw I was close, but didn't wanna mess around trying to get more points and have the fire get out of control! I didn't even **** the snake in my round. Missed points, lol...I'll play it again another time to improve my score. I was so excited when the diamond + blaster took out so much of the fire! Then only 2 flames remained with a match right next to them...yay! :D

A little bummed, though. I had 3 great moves levels in a row...so nice without a clock. Now it's back to a timed level~ :(

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 05:47 AM
Level 264: Dig 12 meters in 3:15 (5JC.) Only had energy for one round, but didn't do so well (got about halfway.) Will have to figure out how to speed up the digging process! Ma?ana... :cool:

Gardienn
07-24-13, 12:14 PM
Just when I get to 242, you're 20 levels ahead again. LOL

schnuffles
07-24-13, 05:17 PM
I also passed the challenge, which I had noticed earlier is "pass in 35 moves." With only 30 moves in the level, if you pass, you win the challenge! I suppose 35 was a "challenge" when they gave you 45 moves. But now that it's reduced, it makes no sense. They'll probably fix it, like they did with a similar challenge problem a couple weeks back. (I think it was one of those crazy fire levels they kept changing the timer on, lol... ;)) Even if they lowered the challenge to like 20 or something, I still would've passed, though. I had 18 moves left over--lucky round! :)

Good eye, Phaedrakiki! Thanks for the catch!! :cool:

Cheers!

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 06:16 PM
Just when I get to 242, you're 20 levels ahead again. LOL
Sorry, lol! ;) I've had a pretty lucky run recently, but I think it's over now. I seem to be stuck on 264, a super dirt digging level. I can't get past 6 of the 12 meters! Just can't move any faster...ugh! So f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.e.d! Great job on getting thru 241--that was a tough one! I actually had a hard time with most of Windmill Heights. I hope you sail right through it with no problems! Good luck--I just know it's gonna be better (& more fun!) for you than it was for me. :)

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 07:59 PM
Good eye, Phaedrakiki! Thanks for the catch!! :cool:

Cheers!
Thanks! (You're welcome, of course!) ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 08:10 PM
Guess I should've complained about it earlier--after my post about having trouble with 264, I passed! I had a really lucky round. But then when I went to Koi Kingdom (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54180-Koi-Kingdom-Levels-265-270), I needed one more star. Uh, I need to do better in these levels (but I'm lucky to even pass sometimes, lol!) Also, the drive to go forward is much stronger than the need for a big score. I'm not that way irl; I'm more "quality" vs. "quantity." :p Hmmm... Anyway, got some extra stars on Misty Mountain, & so now I can play~ ;)

VGailP
01-31-14, 07:46 PM
Guess I should've complained about it earlier--after my post about having trouble with 264, I passed! I had a really lucky round. But then when I went to Koi Kingdom (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54180-Koi-Kingdom-Levels-265-270), I needed one more star. Uh, I need to do better in these levels (but I'm lucky to even pass sometimes, lol!) Also, the drive to go forward is much stronger than the need for a big score. I'm not that way irl; I'm more "quality" vs. "quantity." :p Hmmm... Anyway, got some extra stars on Misty Mountain, & so now I can play~ ;)

Lol, I am gonna complain(again) and see if it works for me. I have been stuck a couple days on this level..the closest I got was 10/12.

Phaedrakiki
02-01-14, 10:39 AM
Hope it works for you...Good Luck, VGail!!!

VGailP
02-01-14, 10:54 AM
Hope it works for you...Good Luck, VGail!!!

Nope not working lol, last time I tried I only got down ONE level! I must really be tired of trying!

koetsub
05-03-14, 07:31 AM
I'm currently stuck on 260. I don't know how many times I got to 33/34, with a stone jewel in glass, or, even worse, a regular jewel in glass. On one occasion I even had a blaster in glass when I got to 33/34.

Moving those stone jewels aside is easier said than done.

Been stuck here a few daze.

Any helpful hints?

EDIT: Just passed 260 :)

qazmlpty
06-13-14, 04:56 AM
Now Level 261 down to 27 moves, wtf, pardon my language

Update: :confused: Weird! Passed with 14 moves to spare and got only one star!

qazmlpty
06-13-14, 05:17 AM
It looks lake they are changing the suff constantly

qazmlpty
06-13-14, 05:19 AM
Level 262 is 40 moves now

dredream5
06-14-14, 08:48 AM
New to the game. Am on level 48. How do I get the crystals they don't seem to break.

chickaus
11-07-16, 01:56 PM
This level is a nightmare. It only shows 25 moves to complete which is impossible. Why do you state you have 35? Am I missing something?

chickaus
11-07-16, 01:58 PM
Need help with Level 261!!!!!

chickaus
11-08-16, 11:45 PM
What 35 moves!???