PDA

View Full Version : Please read - need help and opinions.

msweid
06-19-13, 08:01 PM
Ok so I almost never post online, despite being quite a regular gamer.

I've enjoyed this game for quite some time now, and have developed a very nice little "castle town" (lvl 29, pretty much 2 of each building, etc). I've also purchased around 600 gems or so during my playtime.

However, I am having 2 MAJOR problems which are making me think to quit this game, and would like some opinions and to know if it is just me, or if other players are plagued with these issues -

1. ALICORN and SHARDS. I received my second shard in January, and despite collecting EVERY DAY I am yet to receive my third. That's 5 months people (or around 150 collections)! And similarly, I have yet to receive EITHER the alicorn wing or horn, despite sending out on adventures every single day since it was released in valentines.

I mean, I understand the meaning of "rare", but at what point does it just become disheartening, or do you start questioning if there is something wrong?

2. My second problem is one that has already been beaten to death, but the lack of a gem-spend confirm butting. I find this a cheap move by developers, particularly since it has been voice by the community. It really is a low-ball way to try and make money (or trick people to spending their money/gems). Every once in a while I will accidently tap the speed up button and when that happens, it makes me want to uninstall immediately.

I can live with the second point but for God's sake, what on earth do I have to do to get my last 2 shards and my alicorn?

Other than that I think this is a great little game with a really nice and mature community (I browse the forums often), and would love to see it go even more main-stream!

Thanks in advance for your opinions guys!

meykaboo
06-19-13, 08:46 PM
Sorry about the shards! I actually have all my shards BUT I don't have either bit for the alicorn either =( and now I have the T&T badges I'm not getting irritating me!

I think it's totally a cheap move they don't confirm gem spending too especially since it's obviously a problem for everyone.

I really like this game and the community too so I doubt I'll leave but sadly it's turning into dragon story for me since it seems I'm slowly building up these quest requirements that are so rare it's taking months to complete. I really liked dragon story too until I realized the dragons are so rare that I need and breeding them is taking so long that I'm just over it. I check on that game usually once a day and think about uninstalling but I never do. I guess I keep hoping I'll complete a quest that day.

It's one thing to try and get people to buy gems to speed up game play but it totally ****s a game when they make quests impossible to complete without buying gems.

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 01:08 AM
I understand your frustration about the shards and the alicorn.

While I git the shards quite fast (I took me about a month to get all of them) at the time I was desperate about it. I kept moving the tablet, spinning it, redecorating around it summon the shard, lol! While I am sure it didn't help at all, I did keep me busy ;)

About the alicorn, I think my game has some kind of repelent to it, because I haven't got any parts and I send my knights daily. It's been almost 4 months since I got the goal...

You should post in the following threads, a lot of sympathetic players will answer. Also. If you read them you will realize you are not alone:
Shards: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard
Alicorn: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?46400-Who-has-found-the-horn-or-the-wing-or-both-pls-share-your-experience-here-)
Gem confirmation: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone-Gem-Confirmation

tanbi1
06-20-13, 01:27 AM
Ok so I almost never post online, despite being quite a regular gamer.

I've enjoyed this game for quite some time now, and have developed a very nice little "castle town" (lvl 29, pretty much 2 of each building, etc). I've also purchased around 600 gems or so during my playtime.

However, I am having 2 MAJOR problems which are making me think to quit this game, and would like some opinions and to know if it is just me, or if other players are plagued with these issues -

1. ALICORN and SHARDS. I received my second shard in January, and despite collecting EVERY DAY I am yet to receive my third. That's 5 months people (or around 150 collections)! And similarly, I have yet to receive EITHER the alicorn wing or horn, despite sending out on adventures every single day since it was released in valentines.

I mean, I understand the meaning of "rare", but at what point does it just become disheartening, or do you start questioning if there is something wrong?

2. My second problem is one that has already been beaten to death, but the lack of a gem-spend confirm butting. I find this a cheap move by developers, particularly since it has been voice by the community. It really is a low-ball way to try and make money (or trick people to spending their money/gems). Every once in a while I will accidently tap the speed up button and when that happens, it makes me want to uninstall immediately.

I can live with the second point but for God's sake, what on earth do I have to do to get my last 2 shards and my alicorn?

Other than that I think this is a great little game with a really nice and mature community (I browse the forums often), and would love to see it go even more main-stream!

Thanks in advance for your opinions guys!

We must be locked in the same algorithm, as I can't get shards, (months) or Alicorn parts either. When people say it took them a month to get all 4 shards, yet you've waited 4 or 5 months without so much as 1, it is disheartening, and does make you consider giving up. :(

maguar
06-20-13, 04:27 AM
I'm glad you've developed a nice castle town. It's always such a sense of accomplishment. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this frustrations (I've been there so I can sympathise).

For more discussions on the shards you can see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard). For the alicorn you can look at this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?46400-Who-has-found-the-horn-or-the-wing-or-both-pls-share-your-experience-here-). To add your support to the request for a confirmation button see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone-Gem-Confirmation).