PDA

View Full Version : Magic Cement missing!

jimboser
06-19-13, 06:11 PM
Yes, I've already emailed support, but thought I'd post here anyway. I'm working on Sabina's house, I had read the requirements so I had crafted things in advance, and only had to craft a single ornate beam, block, and magic cement for the one goal and I'd be done. Well, after the magic cement was done and collected, I found I still only had 3 of the required 4. So, thinking maybe I really had miscounted, I collected sap like mad, and was able to get another batch of magic cement started this AM before work.

Well, as I was wrapping up at work, I collected the magic cement and a number of other things, and when I checked Sabina's construction site, it STILL showed only 3 of 4 magic cement! ARGH!

I know a lot of other folks have had items go missing, but to my knowledge it never happened to me. There was not a refresh in the middle that I noticed, which seems to have eaten other folks inventory and quests.

The big frustration for me is all the sap involved, which is so rare and so needed. I'm growing trees just for the sap, wood keeps maxing out. Just passing this along to vent...

maguar
06-20-13, 05:15 AM
Have you tried force closing and restarting the game to see if it reappears?

jimboser
06-20-13, 06:46 AM
Yes, also a reboot of my device, no help.

jimboser
07-12-13, 02:30 PM
In case anyone was curious, I'm on my 2nd support ticket to TL about this, the first was closed unexpectedly, and I'm in discussions with them on the 2nd.

They have confirmed that this was due to a sync error, and right now are indicating that they 'unable' to restore items lost during a sync update.

The two magic cements took a total of 144 hours to craft, allowing for the architects paste, builders cement, super glue, and simple glue times, and a total of 144 sap (again, for all of the lesser parts), and countless hours of collecting all of that sap to begin with. That's a whole lot of time and resources to just magically go poof when collected...

I'm hoping my current pleading email to have these items restored to my inventory might have more success.

vchanhs
07-12-13, 07:25 PM
Best luck to you but TL is not known for restoring things lost due to sync error. Anyway next thing after collecting "important" stuff, immediately visit a neighbor. It will force a sync which made sure you don't lose stuff. I do that when when I got my shards, wing, horns, mithrils and eggs.

jimboser
07-15-13, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I've struck out again with TL. They admit it's a bug, but aren't willing to do about 10 seconds of work to do a little database update to credit lost items. About the same amount of time it took them to paste their form reply into an email that they can't do anything about the problem...

I've taken to waiting 15 seconds after opening the game before doing anything, usually after about 10 seconds that silly 'loading' screen appears and things get updated. Pain in the butt, really.

This was the last TL game that I've really been playing regularly, and between the poor customer service and the gem traps, I'm close to throwing in the towel.