PDA

View Full Version : NPC Movement bug

jimboser
06-19-13, 11:36 AM
Today at lunch, a strange thought occurred to me, as often happens. I was visiting someone's kingdom and they had nicely laid out walls, paths, and bushes, which I don't have in my kingdom, mainly because I'm still expanding and don't have room to waste on the pretty things.

Anyway, I recalled an old thread where someone had 'captured' a fangbeast, and I believe walled him off to protect their citizens from harm. I was thinking about doing that at some point, just for fun, and then Thurston bumbled into the frame, and I thought why not wall off Thurston instead, or trap him with a beast and leave him there until he slays it?

So, I cleared off a corner, and pulled some walls out of storage, and left a corner open. And I waited. Finally, Sabina troddled over, and found her way in. I figured, what the heck, she was already imprisoned once, so I moved a wall into place to seal her in, then clicked out of the Edit mode to lock it in. She bumped into a few corners at the edge of the kingdom, turned back towards my wall, then WALKED RIGHT THROUGH IT! The horror of it, I could not believe my eyes!

Thinking there was a crack in the wall she was able to shimmy through, I tried again, and managed to trap both Sabina and Ivy together, put the wall in place, and they both glided effortlessly through the walls in two different spots.

Now, I know that I've crafted enough glue and forged enough fancy blocks to know that my walls were sound, so I'm left with no choice but to report this as either a bug, or some previously unknown form of sorcery not yet mentioned in the game.

AuntyRose32
06-19-13, 11:46 AM
Lol...I enjoyed reading your post :) This has always happened at my kingdom, nobody cares too much for walls, gates, pathways....walking right through them is the preferred way to go. It's either some unknown sorcery or everyone in my kingdom is a ghost.

meme1098
06-19-13, 12:46 PM
Everybody walks through walls in my kingdom all the time. If there's an open space on the other side they just go right through. Maybe if you blocked it with a building, it might work.

catlady71
06-19-13, 12:46 PM
LOL
nice post

Lilipipi
06-19-13, 12:54 PM
This proves that the glimmer wood is not that dangerous and we should be able to expand more. :)

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:57 PM
Funny post. Walls are only holographic. I wish I could walk through walls like that in real life. lol

ghjvcucjb
06-19-13, 01:21 PM
LOL, thanks for the laugh!

Maybe that's why it's called Magic cement. It magically holds walls and buildings together AND lets everyone with a kind heart (note beast can't) magically pass through!

maguar
06-19-13, 03:18 PM
You can wall them off with buildings. Might be able to do it with decorations/ plants as well

vchanhs
06-19-13, 04:59 PM
You can wall them off with buildings. Might be able to do it with decorations/ plants as well

Unlikely. I saw them walking between the buildings and plants before.

jimboser
06-19-13, 06:15 PM
Right, there's apparently a very small space around each building and plant that characters can move along. I see that all the time when my guy rushes around collecting from everything, moving between buildings, plants, etc.

The walls, though, appear solid and have no apparent borders around them.

jimboser
06-19-13, 08:09 PM
The walls, though, appear solid and have no apparent borders around them.

I spoke too soon. I usually don't have the screen zoomed in all the way, I did that just now and you can see a very slight gap in between the wall sections, and that's where the characters are passing through. Can't be more than a pixel or two between wall segments...

Ivy is thinner than she looks! Must be all those rat tails.

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 08:05 AM
Unlikely. I saw them walking between the buildings and plants before.

I confirm, they walk between buildings and plants. Never tried with buildings alone, I will let you know :)