PDA

View Full Version : Feature Overview: Battle Arena Ying Yang Dragon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

rileypetshop
07-15-13, 11:11 AM
I personally think that almost any dragon can win if you get lucky. I beat rounds 27 and 28 with level 4 dragons that were common. :-)

doublescream
07-15-13, 11:13 AM
I beat it with Seabreeze (Light 18)

Thank you, but unfortunately I don't have a Seabreeze. My only blue/yellow dragon still alive is a Mist. Which attacks did you use?

SamKanj
07-15-13, 11:35 AM
Yay, finally finished the tourney :)

My last three battles:
Atlantis 10 vs Light 18 BMB
Pearls 10 vs Poison 20 BBB
Serpent 10 vs YY 20 MMM

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 11:50 AM
My level 7 Emerald beat Dark Angel 14 with Magic taking 80% and then finishing with magic.

kooky panda
07-15-13, 12:03 PM
I too have completed this. My egg is on the nest. tried restarting, didn't help, no rewards for the goal, red flag is gone. There has to be a glitch since it's more than one of us. Please Help.
Same thing with me. I have my Ying Yang on the nest, but my Klaus the Crusher goal as not completed. I will report this over.

sand
07-15-13, 12:11 PM
I personally think that almost any dragon can win if you get lucky. I beat rounds 27 and 28 with level 4 dragons that were common. :-)

That's because this test group is fortunate enough to have commons and base dragons in the late rounds. Night? Light? Poison? Wow. In the first 2 groups, the opponents in rounds 23-26 were all super-rare (Leviathan 14, Night Elf 14, Goblin 16, Lightning 16), and those in rounds 27-29 were all ultra-rare (Crusader 18, Dark Angel 18 and Helios 20). It seems that, for this test group, TL abandoned the basic premise of fighting increasingly difficult opponents before facing the boss dragon.

Also, any level dragon with the optimal colors and rarity are contenders in the last 4 rounds. I keep telling my neighbors that babies have the same odds as epics against opponents at level 18 or higher, but they clearly don't believe me. They'd rather use epics, even with all the wrong colors.

Well this one ends tonight. I'm eager to see how the lineup of opponents will change for the next test group or general release.

teogionia
07-15-13, 12:39 PM
I ve lost against Light, used misthmost, someone said they used landwrm, it has lost too,anu advice?

OlkaDragons
07-15-13, 12:55 PM
Battling with YY...
Already lost Ice Cream 6, Diamond 10, Life 10, Mistmoth 9.
All of them were close, but were defeated.
Here is about midnight, I will have one or two chances tomorrow. Aether is evolving to level 7, will try it.
And maybe I'll try Ice Cream one more time - he is just level 6, but struggled better than epic Diamond.

07-15-13, 12:57 PM
I finally won against YY with my epic landworm. He came in there for me again. I lost about ten matches against this dweeb.

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 12:57 PM
My emerald level 7 also beat Night level 16 with MM

doublescream
07-15-13, 01:01 PM
I ve lost against Light, used misthmost, someone said they used landwrm, it has lost too,anu advice?

I won with Scorpion 10, BB (first bash was a critical hit)

dapplefur
07-15-13, 01:02 PM
stuck on helios. only diamonds i have left are lv 8 anubis and lv7 infinity. any ideas on what to use to beat helios?

bjjsteve
07-15-13, 01:09 PM
I've finally got YY in my nest.

Beat him with Serpent as someone else on here recommended. M and M did him in. Aurora didn't work at all and a magic hit barely moved his bar.

I had to use Ultimate on Light. I lost about 8 dragons to him and was tired of him. Other than that, I used recommendations from this thread for every battle.

Thanks to everyone that contributed!

dani8411
07-15-13, 01:11 PM
My last battles:
Cosmic (8) vs Night MBB
Passion (8) vs Helios MB
Scarecrow (10) vs Mask MB
Athletic (10) vs Light MB
Landworm (9) vs Poison MB
Landworm (9) vs Yin Yang BBB

Had to use ultimate with DA, thought that I would have to use it against Helios too, since I don't have Diamond, but I saw in here that someone used Passion and decided to give it a try.
Hope it helps :)

dapplefur
07-15-13, 01:13 PM
stuck on helios. only diamonds i have left are lv 8 anubis and lv7 infinity. any ideas on what to use to beat helios?

and it just defeated my anubis.

lmac10
07-15-13, 01:24 PM
Battling with YY...
Already lost Ice Cream 6, Diamond 10, Life 10, Mistmoth 9.
All of them were close, but were defeated.
Here is about midnight, I will have one or two chances tomorrow. Aether is evolving to level 7, will try it.
And maybe I'll try Ice Cream one more time - he is just level 6, but struggled better than epic Diamond.

I beat it with level 7 serpent and a few people tried that after and won too. Good luck

midnightmeerkat
07-15-13, 01:33 PM
I won with forest fire, MBM, magic did a little damage , bash a little too, thought I was going to loose and another Magic attac did it

Any suggestions For Mask? I tried fuzzy and Eagle both are waiting for the bath
I used eclipse, 1 weak magic, then 1 super bash

nbella1414
07-15-13, 01:46 PM
8 if the hardest battles to go and 10 hours. Lol.

I forgot my phone charger when I left for work and my phone died so I couldn't even try all day. I'm mad at myself.
I have to win all of them on the first try with 2 hours leftover!! And no gold. :(

midnightmeerkat
07-15-13, 01:47 PM

I used an epic dream, bash did little, changed to magic which took most of the health, finished off with magic.

You don't need to have diamonds or diamond hybrids to battle, i have none and I have completed this tournament without using ultimate

doublescream
07-15-13, 02:01 PM
Beat poison first try with Honeybee. BM, I think.

igames4me
07-15-13, 02:11 PM
Ugh I think I'm going to have to buy gold .... 5 rounds left

Does anyone know if this is the last chance we have to get yin yang or will it come again?

teogionia
07-15-13, 02:29 PM
lost against poison - ruby, clockwork and honeybee all are dead :((( what should I try next?

zhynabella
07-15-13, 02:36 PM
It almost seems that as soon as some one publishes the solution to defeat the dragons, other player tries and is already jinxed!

Nothing legit up in here.

scottyhaha
07-15-13, 02:38 PM
lost against poison - ruby, clockwork and honeybee all are dead :((( what should I try next?

I beat him with wild

Autorithy
07-15-13, 02:43 PM
I beated poison with epic topaz but internetconnection was dropped so I had to do again, I used topaz again, twice bbb and mmm but no luck anymore, I also failed with eagle, ruby, pearl , clockwork, and firestorm

Autorithy
07-15-13, 02:43 PM
I tried amethyst too.... Fail of course

Autorithy
07-15-13, 02:50 PM
I think the last 3 are totally random

teogionia
07-15-13, 02:50 PM
thank u guys for your advices I got him, only YY is left now
my last wins if anyone need it
Medusa - tiny just won with one magic attac
Leviathan - mist 10 mbb
Night elf -pegasus magic did a little damage and bash was super
Dark Angel -forestfire mm
Night - pearl m
helios - mistmoth mbm
Mask - laserlight mm
light - Athletic mbb
Poison - Rose mb ( tried ruby clockwork honebee and they all are dead)

Autorithy
07-15-13, 02:54 PM
My wife just tried mask with laserlight, didn't work, I think the battles are torally random now

Autorithy
07-15-13, 02:58 PM
Finally got poison with emerald 7 MMB

kat4407
07-15-13, 03:00 PM
They should add a different soundtrack to the tournaments and maybe change it so you don't have to wait an hour to play again, just a suggestion. The tournaments are really fun though and it's makes dragon story just that much more addictive!

07-15-13, 03:04 PM
They should add a different soundtrack to the tournaments and maybe change it so you don't have to wait an hour to play again, just a suggestion. The tournaments are really fun though and it's makes dragon story just that much more addictive!

Or bring the skip cost back down to one gold. Always trying to make money when its willingly given to them. They will learn one day....

doublescream
07-15-13, 03:10 PM
Here's my full list of wins

Forest,1.................Fire,10.............B+++
Winter,1.................Fairy,10...........B++M
Diamond,2...........Dawntree,7.....MMM+
Goblin,2...............Storm,10..........BB++
Stone,3...............Sapphire,7........MMM+
Cosmic,3.............Peacock,7.......M+++
Four Leaf,4........Mythic,7...........M+++
Samurai,4...........Lightning,10.....M+++
Amethyst,5........Cupid,7..............MMM+
Treasure,5.........Honeybee,10....M++M
Big Bad,6............Lotus,10...........MMM
Kitsune,6............Lotus,10...........M+++
Pegasus,7...........Super,10...........B++B
Trickster,7.........Lightning,10......B++B
Super,8...............Elf,10.................B++B
Topaz,8..............Lotus,10............M++M
Crusader,9........Honeybee,10.....M+++
Lightning,9.........Lotus,10.............MMB
Fireworks,10.......Mist,10...............M++M
Mythic,10...........Ice Cream,10.....MMM
Medusa,12.........Flower,9.............MM++
Leviathan,12......Super,10............BM++
Night Elf,13........Landworm,10.....B+++
Dark Angel,14.....Pearl,7...............BBB+
Night,16.............Dawntree,7.......BM++
Helios,16............Ice Cream,10.....M++M
Mask,18.............Dawntree,7.......B+++
Light,18..............Scorpion,10.......B++B
Poison,20...........Honeybee,10......BM++
Yin Yang,20.......Cupid,7................MM++

Only used gold to speed up the arena twice, (in hindsight, that was unnecessary. Better safe than sorry, I guess) I haven't got a diamond, most of my good dragons where exhausted when this tournament began and it still worked :D Battled every hour while awake and got lucky with Poison + Yin Yang.

natedog1095
07-15-13, 03:20 PM
How do I get the arena I have an android and im level 12 pleas help

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 03:30 PM
My Emerald level 7 has been rockin! Took out Mask with two MM.

scottyhaha
07-15-13, 03:31 PM
How do I get the arena I have an android and im level 12 pleas help

Android don't have the arena only for iOS.

dapplefur
07-15-13, 03:47 PM
finally! lv 8 aether beat lv 16 helios

kwhales
07-15-13, 04:05 PM
How many hours are left?

kms899
07-15-13, 04:08 PM
I have yin yang now, with the use of gold, it's on my nest now.

NouraMoh
07-15-13, 04:14 PM
Anybody stuck on DA and have no Diamonds ?!
I just beat it on my little nephew's iPod using Hunter with MB

NouraMoh
07-15-13, 04:15 PM

I used Pearl BBB

NouraMoh
07-15-13, 04:26 PM
I don't have Caesar either.

I used epic Aurora to defeat Super with BB
And also Griffin with BB

NouraMoh
07-15-13, 04:29 PM
How many hours are left?

What level are you on now ?

buttmarb
07-15-13, 04:34 PM
Anyone know what I can use to defeat mask lv 16?
I tried aether and moon both were close but not enough!!...
HELP I have 7hrs left and only 4 dragons to defeat!!!!

scottyhaha
07-15-13, 04:37 PM
Pegasus

cquinn32
07-15-13, 04:39 PM
I defeated the last four dragons with an epic firestorm but not before I lost a couple times with other dragons. I did defeat yin yang first try though.

buttmarb
07-15-13, 04:40 PM
That's the one I was planning on trying next!! Thank you!
What attack method with peg. Should I use?

nbella1414
07-15-13, 04:42 PM
Just beat Helios with one Bash from my level 7 Fairytale!! I think I might actually make it!

scottyhaha
07-15-13, 04:45 PM
That's the one I was planning on trying next!! Thank you!
What attack method with peg. Should I use?

I used mm

kwhales
07-15-13, 04:52 PM
What level are you on now ?

Nora, Its me. I already have YY in nest. I was just wondering.

kwhales
07-15-13, 04:55 PM
Good luck in these final hours. Remember, if you get stuck, go to the original battle arena thread and look at the list of strengths and weakness. Strenght side is what is strong against the element or color. Weakness is what you should pick.

For instance…black, weakness is green white cosmic. So use green white cosmic and black should lose. Should being the operative word. (It won't always, as you all know).

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 05:03 PM
Aether level 6 beat Light with MB

tantart2004
07-15-13, 05:05 PM
Anyone know what I can use to defeat mask lv 16?
I tried aether and moon both were close but not enough!!...
HELP I have 7hrs left and only 4 dragons to defeat!!!!

I beat it with a level 8 winter dragon. BMM.. Good luck!

Kami365
07-15-13, 05:09 PM
Just now my black swan lv6 defeat Mask Lv 18 ,used BMB..Happy now .Thanks to everyone for help.

teogionia
07-15-13, 05:14 PM
My won battles

Forest 1 - Eagle 10 bb
Winter 1 - Fairy 10
Diamond 2 - Gold 10
Goblin 2 - serpant 10
Stone 3 - serpant 10 bmm
Cosmic-- dont remember
Four leaf 4 - flower 10 mm
Samurai 4 - tiny mm
Amethyst 5 - Tiny 10 mbm
TD 6 - Gold 10 mbb
Bigbad - DA mb
Kistune 5 - DA bb
Pegasus 7 - planet 9 bbm
Trickster 7 - flower 10 bb
Super 7 - flower 10 mbb b stronger
Topaz 8 - flower 10 mbb
Crusider 9 - dA mbb
Lightining - DA 10
Fireworks - flower 10 mb m strong
Mythic - flower mbb
Medusa - tiny m
Leviathan 12 - mist 10 mbb
Night elf 14 - pegasus mb b strong
DA - forestfire mm
Night 16 - pearl m
Helios 16 - mistmoth mbm
Mask 18 - laserlight mm
Light - athletic mbb
Poison 20 - rose 10 mb
YY - Aether mmm

Kami365
07-15-13, 05:18 PM
my athletic and coral defeated by Light, any advice how to defeat..Thank you

sand
07-15-13, 05:19 PM
JUST UNDER 7 HOURS LEFT!

If you're in the last 4 rounds, you need to step it up so Yin Yang doesn't get away.
Time to stop looking at what dragons other people got lucky with. At the beginning of the general Battle Arena thread is a guide to color strengths and weaknesses. USE IT. IT'S THE REAL DEAL. But make sure you're using it properly. You must compare ALL your dragon's colors against ALL the opponent's colors. The primary color's only special significance is that it determines what kind of magic attack will be used. It's for visual effect only. Pick the best color combo you have with the highest rarity. Short of an Ultimate attack, that's the best you can do.
Time to stop worrying about combos. It doesn't matter whether you use bash, magic or both.
Time to stop worrying about level. Mind you, this only applies if your opponent is at least 8 levels higher than your highest level dragon. Colors and rarity are everything at this stage of the tournament.
Time to stop worrying about exhausting dragons. It's gonna happen. This is the end-game. Use them now; heal them later.
Use the color guide to decide NOW which dragons you will use for these last 4 opponents: Mask(black-pink) Light(white) Poison(purple-green) YinYang(black-white). That way you don't burn out your round 30 dragons in round 28.

If you have more than 4 rounds to go, you may need to spend some gold to speed the gates, since you probably won't beat every opponent with just one battle. Ultimate attack? I dunno. How many of those can you reasonably do? I'm hoping you won't need it. If you do, don't use it until you've already done 2 attacks. 30 gold guarantees one win; the same gold speeds 7-8 battles -- 7-8 chances to win.

Best of luck, warriors. Don't give up until it's over. Luck can change in a minute. Fight to the very end!

kooky panda
07-15-13, 05:28 PM
Great post sand. :)
I used the color guide for all my battles. Thanks for the extra tips!
Good Luck everyone!

Jake, Here's what some users have reported for strengths and weaknesses or something that would be great!

Black- Strong- Yellow, Pink, Fairytale, Weak- Green White Cosmic

Red is Strong Against- Green, Weak Against, Yellow and Blue

Green is Strong against- Purple and Black, Weak Against Red and Mythic

Yellow is Strong- Red, Blue, Gold. Weak- Pink Black Cosmic

Blue- Strong- Red, White Weak- Yellow and Purple

Purple- Stong- Blue, White, Cosmic. Weak- Blue and Purple

White- Strong- Black Mythic, Cosmic. Weak- Blue And Purple

Pink- Strong- Yellow, purple and Mythic weak- Black, Gold, Fairytale

Diamond- Strong- Diamond, Gold

Cosmic- Strongp Yellow Black Fairytale Weak- Purple White

Mythic- Strong- Green Weak- White Pink Fairytale

Gold- Strong- Purple, Pink. Weak- Yellow Diamond

Fairytale- Strong- Pink and Mythic Weak- Black and Cosmic

Stone- Strength- Green and Blue, Weakness- Red and White

(SORRY FOR BIG AND BOLD TRYING TO MAKE READ ABLE!)

kwhales
07-15-13, 05:29 PM
JUST UNDER 7 HOURS LEFT!

If you're in the last 4 rounds, you need to step it up so Yin Yang doesn't get away.
Time to stop looking at what dragons other people got lucky with. At the beginning of the general Battle Arena thread is a guide to color strengths and weaknesses. USE IT. IT'S THE REAL DEAL. But make sure you're using it properly. You must compare ALL your dragon's colors against ALL the opponent's colors. The primary color's only special significance is that it determines what kind of magic attack will be used. It's for visual effect only. Pick the best color combo you have with the highest rarity. Short of an Ultimate attack, that's the best you can do.
Time to stop worrying about combos. It doesn't matter whether you use bash, magic or both.
Time to stop worrying about level. Mind you, this only applies if your opponent is at least 8 levels higher than your highest level dragon. Colors and rarity are everything at this stage of the tournament.
Time to stop worrying about exhausting dragons. It's gonna happen. This is the end-game. Use them now; heal them later.
Use the color guide to decide NOW which dragons you will use for these last 4 opponents: Mask(black-pink) Light(white) Poison(purple-green) YinYang(black-white). That way you don't burn out your round 30 dragons in round 28.

If you have more than 4 rounds to go, you may need to spend some gold to speed the gates, since you probably won't beat every opponent with just one battle. Ultimate attack? I dunno. How many of those can you reasonably do? I'm hoping you won't need it. If you do, don't use it until you've already done 2 attacks. 30 gold guarantees one win; the same gold speeds 7-8 battles -- 7-8 chances to win.

Best of luck, warriors. Don't give up until it's over. Luck can change in a minute. Fight to the very end!

Listen to her folks. She is the battle arena savant I mentioned earlier. I used this chart throughout my battles and only lost 5 dragons.

GOOD LUCK again.

lilobrat05
07-15-13, 05:37 PM
Guess I'm not gonna get this one. Stuck on level 14 dark angel have exhausted over 6 of my dragons trying to beat this one. Don't have any diamond hybrids to try against it :( guess ying yang dragon doesn't want a home on my island :(

kwhales
07-15-13, 05:41 PM
Guess I'm not gonna get this one. Stuck on level 14 dark angel have exhausted over 6 of my dragons trying to beat this one. Don't have any diamond hybrids to try against it :( guess ying yang dragon doesn't want a home on my island :(

You don't need diamond hybrids. I believe I won this round with pegasus. Look at the chart above. Find the dragons weakness elements (on the right) and find a dragon in your arsenal that best fits. And go for it. you came this far. Keep going.

kooky panda
07-15-13, 05:43 PM
Same thing with me. I have my Ying Yang on the nest, but my Klaus the Crusher goal as not completed. I will report this over.

I too have completed this. My egg is on the nest. tried restarting, didn't help, no rewards for the goal, red flag is gone. There has to be a glitch since it's more than one of us. Please Help.

The CMs are looking into this.

Here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?55657-Tournament-problems&p=687785&viewfull=1#post687785)is a current thread for this.(For Updates)

kwhales
07-15-13, 05:44 PM

Here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?55657-Tournament-problems&p=687785&viewfull=1#post687785)is a current thread for this.(For Updates)

Do you think our egg needs to hatch to complete the goal?

cquinn32
07-15-13, 05:49 PM

Just hatched mine not five minutes ago and goal still there.

muscovylover
07-15-13, 05:50 PM
Finally I was able to get Yin Yang. I checked the original thread above each battle. I lost a lot and had to use ultimate once but the list above was really helpful. This is won battles of my last five rounds.

Helios - crusader 6 mmm
Mask - tiny 6 bbb
Light - aether 10 bb
Poison - life 6 b
Yin Yang - serpent 10 bm

Thank you very much to everyone that gave me suggestions. I truly appreciate it. As you can see, we can defeat higher level dragons with common / low level dragons. Please don't give up and good luck :)

07-15-13, 06:05 PM
I hope the fix the goals soon. I need mine more pearls for Levi. My YY is in the nest, but my battles are still costing 30 gold for the ultimate attack and 4 gold to speed. Not that I'd use gold, I just don't like this option being there when the matches they were meant for, are over.

glenngenius
07-15-13, 06:07 PM
Question: What if the time expires and you are currently on the 25th level? Are you going to start from the beginning? :|

07-15-13, 06:12 PM
Question: What if the time expires and you are currently on the 25th level? Are you going to start from the beginning? :|

I haven't heard of anyone getting the tournament a second time, if they didnt finish the first one they had. Can a Mod or CM confirm this for us, please? Though I'm pretty sure you will have to start from the beginning again. In all three chances for this dragon, the dragons have been different and the rounds more or less complicated.

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 06:20 PM
Beat Poison with level 7 Titan. MB

sand
07-15-13, 06:21 PM
Below are the colors you would be up against in the last 4 rounds, with their strengths and weaknesses.

Black is weak against green, white, cosmic, rainbow; strong against yellow, pink, fairytale.
White is weak against blue, purple, rainbow, stone; strong against black, mythic, cosmic.
Purple is weak against green, pink, gold-giver(Treasure/Stainglass); strong against blue, white, cosmic.
Green is weak against red, dino, mythic; strong against purple, black, stone.
Pink is weak against black, gold-giver, fairytale; strong against yellow, purple, mythic

Let's use Mask as an example. The best colors against the pink are black, gold-giver and fairytale, but the fairytale is weak against Mask's black. Green, white, cosmic and rainbow are strong against black, and none of those colors are weak against pink. So you look for a dragon that has 2 colors among black, green, and white. Gold-giver, cosmic and rainbow are not your best bets because they are unicolors that beat only one of Mask's colors. There are no super-rare green-white black-white or green-black dragons. Not until a few hours ago, at least. There is now Troll - a super-rare black-green and your SINGLE BEST SHOT against Mask-18 even if it's a baby Troll! But before Troll, your top choices would have been Pegasus, Moon and Hunter, along with any ultra-rares you may have with one of the strong colors, so DarkAngel, and Angel are up there but NOT Quetzal, because it doesn't have ultra-rare status in the arena. All unbreedable dragons fiight as super-rares. Quetzal would fall into the next rank of choices - super-rares with just one strong color, and there are lots of these. You would avoid using any dragons with yellow, pink, purple or mythic.

Remember to match up all colors. Try to use a super-rare or unbreedable dragon that can beat at least 2 of the opponent's colors (or has at least 2 colors that can beat a single-color opponent); or an ultra-rare dragon that can beat at least 1 of the opponent's colors. The next best choices would be rares with 2 strong colors, then super-rares with only one strong color, then ultras with no strong color. By the time you get to rares and commons with only 1 strong color, your odds of winning are significantly diminished. The more colors you beat and the higher your rarity, the better will be your odds. You may see results posted where players won using weak colors or inferior rarity. I urge you not to fight with such handicaps unless you have no better choice.

LESS THAN 6 HOURS LEFT.

Kami365
07-15-13, 06:23 PM
my athletic, coral & Scorpion defeated by Light..Any advice...Thank you.

sand
07-15-13, 06:27 PM

Nope. My egg's been in storage for over a week. Klaus popped up and completed the goal right after my little Ice Cream slammed Yin Yang into the arena dust.

sand
07-15-13, 06:37 PM
I hope the fix the goals soon. I need mine more pearls for Levi. My YY is in the nest, but my battles are still costing 30 gold for the ultimate attack and 4 gold to speed. Not that I'd use gold, I just don't like this option being there when the matches they were meant for, are over.

The cost of Ultimate attack remained at 30 gold until the day after my tournament's test period was over. At that time, the gate-speeding cost also went back to 1 gold per hour. Even though your arena has dropped it's red banner and gone back to giving you regular opponents, these aspects of the arena don't seem to switch back until the clock has run out for the entire test group.
You can proceed with earning more L. Pearls but I wouldn't touch that Ultimate button or speed the gates if I were you.

kitthecat
07-15-13, 06:58 PM
Finally, got the egg in my nest, with 8 hours to go...

Here s my finall 3 rounds result:

Epic Atlantis defeaded Light, MBM
Epic Scarecrow defeadted Poison, MBB
Used 30 golds ultimate to finish off YY. I'm as exhausted as my dragons. B4, YY defeated my Aurora, Quetzal, Tusker, Mismoth, all epic.

Thanks to all players who posted on this thread, the information and suggestions are extremely useful.

TL, great event! Although exhausted, but never feel as excited for DS b4, had a great time. Thanks again. Btw, just for the support team's record, same as alot of players, my goals is still not done even i got the egg already.

Happy battling and Good Luck everyone!!

glenngenius
07-15-13, 07:16 PM
@081702: Thank you. I was just wondering since I'm currently on the 26th level with 4 hours remaining... :(

glenngenius
07-15-13, 07:17 PM
I haven't heard of anyone getting the tournament a second time, if they didnt finish the first one they had. Can a Mod or CM confirm this for us, please? Though I'm pretty sure you will have to start from the beginning again. In all three chances for this dragon, the dragons have been different and the rounds more or less complicated.

Thank you. I was just wondering since I'm currently on the 26th level with only few hours remaining... :(

Kami365
07-15-13, 07:24 PM
my athletic,coral,scorpion & aether was defeated by Light,don't know what to do now,only 4 hours left..

HarleyQuinn28
07-15-13, 07:25 PM
Finally made it to YY and beat it with Emerald 7 MBM

nbella1414
07-15-13, 07:40 PM
Epic forest fire ****ed poison in one bash. Thank god. Now I have a couple hours to defeat YY!! Idk what to use yet. I didn't think I'd complete the tournament so I haven't researched a lot about what has worked. Good luck to everyone in the last couple hours!!

May the Yin Yang be with you!!

nbella1414
07-15-13, 07:42 PM
my athletic,coral,scorpion & aether was defeated by Light,don't know what to do now,only 4 hours left..

I got it with epic Mistmoth.

nbella1414
07-15-13, 07:48 PM
JUST UNDER 7 HOURS LEFT!

That was awesome advice sand. Thanks!

Kami365
07-15-13, 07:50 PM
I got it with epic Mistmoth.

Thanks nbella1414,seems I got two option to defeat Light i.e, Mistmoth and Atlantis...than I'll use Ultimate power..4 hours to go,three battle to won,very difficult tho but I'll try till end of the tournament.Now 12 of my dragons are Exhausted....

zhynabella
07-15-13, 08:04 PM
I am starting to feel more like an ATM than a Warrior.

NouraMoh
07-15-13, 08:08 PM
Nora, Its me. I already have YY in nest. I was just wondering.

Oh I'm sorry sweetie
I've been in a daze all day
Might be low blood sugar

Either that or I'm losing my marbles :)

Autorithy
07-15-13, 08:12 PM
My last 3 was:
Light deafeted with wizard 10
Poison defeted with emerald 7 MM
YY defeted with Saffire 10 just 1 B

Good luck everyone

Kami365
07-15-13, 08:28 PM
my athletic,coral,scorpion,aether & atlantis are defeated by Light..Only option letf is MistMoth., and 3 hours more.,

lunarbunny
07-15-13, 09:07 PM
Defeated Helios 16, with crusader 9 mbm! I exhausted at least 6 dragons on this, and sped up 2 battles >.<

lunarbunny
07-15-13, 09:13 PM
Defeated Mask, with epic Wild bash was weak, magic got him!

lunarbunny
07-15-13, 09:21 PM
Defeated Light with epic Wizard, lost right before with epic Mistmoth. Mmb, bash seemed more effective. I sure have been in a pickle lol, had 31 gold so didn't know whether to save for an ultimate in case I got into big trouble or speed through battles for more chances, I chose the latter. Only 2.5 hours left it was a good choice I think. Going to wait the hour now until YY only 11 gold left! Good Luck to Everyone!

drgnvilla
07-15-13, 09:30 PM
I just won the tournament but did not get the Ying Yang egg. The arena is back to normal. It is not in my storage. I closed the app and reopened but still not there. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Kami365
07-15-13, 09:30 PM
I can't win over Light, just use Wizard MBU..30 gold to ultimate last attack...Now Poison & YY...

Kami365
07-15-13, 10:45 PM
No time,so used Ultimate attack again spent 30 Gold to defeat Poison,my dragon was dawntree Lv6 BMU....I think last battle use Epic Aurora against YY,most probably use Gold for Ultimate attack,One hour left...

nbella1414
07-15-13, 11:10 PM
So my YY is in my nest and my Goal is still incomplete. Anyone else still having this problem?

irishmeagan
07-15-13, 11:20 PM
So my YY is in my nest and my Goal is still incomplete. Anyone else still having this problem?

Yep..me too

lunarbunny
07-15-13, 11:21 PM
Defeated poison with epic wild! Only YY is left with 38 mins! Crossing my fingers!

07-15-13, 11:26 PM
Defeated poison with epic wild! Only YY is left with 38 mins! Crossing my fingers!

You can do it! Good luck! Go. Go. Go.

Chlome
07-15-13, 11:33 PM
I finally got it. I spent 180+ gold to speed up battles and half my dragons are exhausted. Honestly, this sucked. I used the guides and half the time, they're wrong. I feel like its just a random chance whether a dragon will win or not. This Yin Yang better be a pro in battle!

nbella1414
07-15-13, 11:35 PM

You got this!!! Serpent was my last battler btw.

Good luck!!

Kami365
07-15-13, 11:36 PM
another Ultimatelast attack spent 30 Gold,my dragon Aurora defeat YY BMU..Yin Yang is on the nest now..Thank you so much for everyone those helps me to defeat dragons..appreciated your support...The Tournament ends...I'm very happy.,

nbella1414
07-16-13, 12:05 AM
My game just reset. The tournament goal disappeared without me getting the reward. And YY disappeared from my album. The egg is still in the nest though and it better stay there......WTH...

kitthecat
07-16-13, 12:17 AM

Don't worry, you are not alone, a lot of players having same problme....

OlkaDragons
07-16-13, 01:06 AM
I battled with YY all night long, sleeping between rounds (alarm to 2 am, wake up, battling, lost, go to sleep, alarm at 3am and so on), crazy, I know. But I desired this dragon a lot.
Results: during the night I lost all my dragons over level 5. Including Mistmoth 9 (2 times), Ice Cream 6 (2 times), epic Eagle, Fire, Air, Life and Diamond, Crusader 6, Lotus 8 and Kitsune 8, Forestfire 9 and some others. Ah, Aether 8 lost too.
In the morning I had to buy gold and use ultimate to complete the tournament and get YY.

It was interesting in the beginning, but now I'm exhausted as my dragons. Despite egg is in the nest, I don't feel proud and happy. I feel that I was caught a trap - battling rules were not clear, and other players' dragons that beat YY (and other opponents) with one hit - didn't work for me at all!
Also I think that common start is wrong - due to different time zones I saw red flags the next day after it starts and had only 4 days to fight. And had a crazy night in the end. TL should count 5 days from first battle.
For example, user get red flags and have to start within 24h. And 5 days are count from this actual beginning.

Thanks to all, who shared their wins, although they almost not worked for me. And my congrats to all who finished this challenge successfully!

kwhales
07-16-13, 03:07 AM
I battled with YY all night long, sleeping between rounds (alarm to 2 am, wake up, battling, lost, go to sleep, alarm at 3am and so on), crazy, I know. But I desired this dragon a lot.
Results: during the night I lost all my dragons over level 5. Including Mistmoth 9 (2 times), Ice Cream 6 (2 times), epic Eagle, Fire, Air, Life and Diamond, Crusader 6, Lotus 8 and Kitsune 8, Forestfire 9 and some others. Ah, Aether 8 lost too.
In the morning I had to buy gold and use ultimate to complete the tournament and get YY.

It was interesting in the beginning, but now I'm exhausted as my dragons. Despite egg is in the nest, I don't feel proud and happy. I feel that I was caught a trap - battling rules were not clear, and other players' dragons that beat YY (and other opponents) with one hit - didn't work for me at all!
Also I think that common start is wrong - due to different time zones I saw red flags the next day after it starts and had only 4 days to fight. And had a crazy night in the end. TL should count 5 days from first battle.
For example, user get red flags and have to start within 24h. And 5 days are count from this actual beginning.

Thanks to all, who shared their wins, although they almost not worked for me. And my congrats to all who finished this challenge successfully!

I said the same thing in post 1359. Hopefully TL reads both and understands the common start time is a problem. I didn't mention time zones, but that too should be taken into account.

wolftiger1234
07-16-13, 05:06 AM
Wish I had the chance to complete this. Got stuck on Helios, took out over 10 recommended dragons from reading through people's victories. Passion was my last attempt- and he got knocked out in 2 bashes from Helios. Completely unfair and I've said it before, and I'll say it again- refuse to buy gold towards this game. I was so excited when this was realesed and actually had good luck and thought I was gonna be able to get YY but nah. Ironically a gold sale started for me when I was stuck on Helios. Nice throw TL...but not interested. (You might as well take this feature permantly out of my game) I want a fair tournement without the need for gold.

kooky panda
07-16-13, 05:16 AM
My game just reset. The tournament goal disappeared without me getting the reward. And YY disappeared from my album. The egg is still in the nest though and it better stay there......WTH...

I am checking on this.

See this thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?55657-Tournament-problems&p=687785&viewfull=1#post687785)

sunkalito
07-16-13, 05:19 AM
This is total bull... I am so frustrated, too frustrated for words. So i was in the second test group, and at first i thought it exciting, ONLY IT WASN'T. LIKE, AT ALL. It was too weird how i lost with supposedly strong element dragons, adults, super rares, to the toddlers dragons right in the begining. Out of a series of rounds i played - bleieve me, so many of my dragons were exhausted - i only managed to win 10 battles.
I didn't make a list for the Tournaments (i began to, but then started losing in the very beginning and that put me off) but i do have a list of (most of) my victories and losses during the time i've had the arena.

Note that I didn't jot down all of them. Mostly out of lack of time, but usually just shocked at how i could lose a battle against a dragon whose colors i'd already defeated, especially if i had defeated the super rare but then couldn't get past the COMMON!! This is crazy, and mostly senseless, illogical. When i was younger i'd kick butt at Pokemon, because there was a strategy and it made sense, but now... This doesn't. The rules don't always apply, dragons' supposed weaknesses simply shift, and i am left wondering WTH happened.

So yeah, really long post, bare with me. Oh, and i made some annotations in portuguese, so just kinda try and ignore those unless you can decipher them xD
So: my dragons are listed on the left, there is an arrow in the middle, and the game's arena dragon is to the right. When there are two arrows pointing left it means I lost. One arrow pointin to the right means i won.

BATTLE ARENA

Topaz > Athletic

Clown > dream (close call)

Mindvolt > laserlight

Aether > Light (close call)

Mythic << Emerald

??

Bubble << clockworks

Saturn << clockworks

Aether << Clockworks

Aurora << clockworks

Passion > clockworks

Super << night

Clown << night

Caesar << night

Peacock << night

Origami << night

Griffin << night

Titan << night

Passion << night

Eagle << night

Fairy << night

Pegasus > night ( 1 magic quase n fez dano, bash deu cabo dele)

Origami > genie

Trickster << coral

Lotus > coral (magic foi fraco mas bash acabou com ele)

Sapphire > luck

Lotus > chocolate

Peacock > winter (one bash KO)

Passion << honeybee (b, m , m - magic ? mais eficaz?)

Bubble > honeybee (bash)

Peacock << anubis

Saturn << anubis (devia ter feito 3 bash mas fiz B M B)

Passion << anubis

? > anubis

LeftHeart << caesar

Familiar << caesar

Saturn << caesar

Firestorn << caesar

Ruby > caesar (magic, bash mais eficiente)

Lotus << titan

Passion << titan (devia ter feito 3 magic)

Origami << titan

Topaz > titan (1 hit KO)

Topaz << dark angel

RightHeart << DA

Clockworks << DA

Air << DA

Lotus << Da

Pearl > DA

Pegasus > Witch (1 magic KO)

Night << quartz

Ruby << quartz

Sapphire << quartz

Fireworks << quartz

Emerald << quartz

Peacock << quartz

Forestfire << quartz

Caesar << quartz

Passion << quartz

Feuitful << quartz

Pearl << quartz

Atlantic > quartz (M)

Lotus << aether

Saturn > aether (M)

Mismoth << trickster

Peacock > trickster (1M)

Caesar << familiar

Genie << familiar (devia ter usado sempre bash)

Cosmic << familiar

Passion << familiar.

Mythic << familiar

Ruby << familiar

Sappire << fam

Aether << fam

Bubbles > familiar (1 magic 1 bash KO)

Peacock > ice cream (B,M,M)

Virtue << air

Cosmic <<air

Night > air (M )

Clockworks << bubble (devia ter usado 3 bash em vez de MBB)

Night > bubble (M e B)

Bubble << night

Pegasus << night (makes no sense! i had defeated night with pegasus before!!)

Pearl > night (close call)

Forestfire << mist

Familiar > mist (Magic almost KO, bash to finish)

Planet > serpent (M)

Pearl << mythic

Big bad << mythic

Lightning> mythic (B)

Planet > fuzzy (B,M,B)

Planet > caesar (B M M)

Night << justice

Sunrise > justice (B M)

Scorpion << kite

Parakeet << kite

Aurora << kite

Night > kite (B, M)

Caesar > athletic (MBB)

Virtue > poison (B)

Peacock > saturn (B)

Mythic << peacock

Aether > peacock (B)

Bubble > eagle (B)

Peacock << coral

Pearl << coral

Eagle << coral

Hunter << coral

Clown << coral

Saturn << coral.

Mythic << coral

Landworm > sapphire

Planet << fuzzy

Ather > fuzzy (BMB, magic was strongest)

sunkalito
07-16-13, 05:24 AM
I forgot what i used to beat the last coral, LOL. Also in my latest rounds, i faced leviathan almost three times in a row and always beat it with mismoth (I think). I had fun because i won, but it was weird: the first leviathan was a one-hit KO, the second time i had to hit him three times, and the third time i needed two attacks to finish him. Go figure.

lunarbunny
07-16-13, 05:30 AM
You can do it! Good luck! Go. Go. Go.

Thanks so much to you and nbella, but alas I didn't make it :( I had 2 shots at YY I used up every single gold, but I had a tiny bit of health left at the end, I thought I had him :( Congrats to those who got him!

kms899
07-16-13, 06:01 AM
you win some, you lose some.

good luck next time, i'm sure it will be back, the goal did say it's the first tournament, so another one may come soon.

igames4me
07-16-13, 07:35 AM
congrats to those who got ying yang

i was going to buy gold to finish the last battles but then i felt *****ed on my account where i have the tournament
beat DA with hunter... went back and hr later to continue next battle guess what Still DA
so put hunter back with DA and lost
waited another hr put crusader against DA and won again...finally it stuck

but yeah that made me loose 3 hrs so i felt *****ed so didn't buy gold nor have ying yang
if my hunter win vs Da would have stuck i would have bought gold to finish up but since it didnt i felt what if i buy gold and the wins dont stick then illl be more pissed off since i put real money

fitfunsparkle
07-16-13, 08:02 AM
JUST UNDER 7 HOURS LEFT!

Thank you for this! I had no idea that there were strengths/weaknesses for dragon types. It could have saved me many exhausted dragons. Thanks to seeing this post of yours i did complete the tournament successfully!

kms899
07-16-13, 08:07 AM
has anyone notice that the ultimate has gone back to 6 gold from 30 gold, and the speed up arena from 4 gold to 1 gold.

scottyhaha
07-16-13, 08:36 AM
has anyone notice that the ultimate has gone back to 6 gold from 30 gold, and the speed up arena from 4 gold to 1 gold.

Because yy is gone

sand
07-16-13, 08:38 AM
NOBODY actually has 5 full days for their tournament. TeamLava really should make this clear to players!

The timer on the tournament is misleading because each time, the contest starts at Noon or later, in TL's time zone. But when reset time comes 9 to 12 hours later at their midnight, the timer displays 4 days. The most time any player gets is 4.5 days, because the first half-day is counted as a full day. Furthermore, since the clock doesn't display the hours until the very last day, one moment it seems you have 2 days left, then the game resets a minute later and you have just under 24 hours.

The individual time zones of players would have no effect on when your contest starts and ends. Tournament 1 - Test 3 started somewhere near midday Thursday and ended at midnight Monday, TL time. In my time zone, that would have started around 3pm Thursday and ended 3am Tuesday. Even though we are all in different time zones, the tournament would have started and ended simultaneously for all testers.

I'm not fond of the common start myself because many players don't even realize that they are in it until hours (even days) after it has started. I had the same objection to the Spin to Win feature. I upgraded my game to find myself with a Wheel that had only "2 days" left, (which became 24 hours only a few hours later).
There are players who stopped playing the arena once they had crafted a Leviathan, and were not aware that they were selected to test Tournament until the tournament was well under way.

teogionia
07-16-13, 10:48 AM
Its summer and people are out on weekends some of them with no internet access, I ve read posts people complaining about stupid vacations. I understand frustration of being faced up to the goal which ends in less then 2 or 3 days. it would be better if tournament started individually for all players starting count down from the time they logged in

OlkaDragons
07-16-13, 11:34 AM
NOBODY actually has 5 full days for their tournament. TeamLava really should make this clear to players!
The individual time zones of players would have no effect on when your contest starts and ends. Tournament 1 - Test 3 started somewhere near midday Thursday and ended at midnight Monday, TL time. In my time zone, that would have started around 3pm Thursday and ended 3am Tuesday. Even though we are all in different time zones, the tournament would have started and ended simultaneously for all testers .

Yes, simultaneously, but due to time zones some players have less time than others.
For example, when there's midnight in TL time zone, here in my zone - 11 am.
People in TL's time zones had almost full Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday till midnight. 5 days and 4 nights.
Tournament started when here was 11 pm, night, I was sleeping and saw red flags only Friday morning. So, I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and a night. 4 days and 5 nights for me. Normal people are sleeping in the nights, so I have 4 days to fight, when TL has almost 5 days

sand
07-16-13, 12:10 PM
Yes, simultaneously, but due to time zones some players have less time than others.
For example, when there's midnight in TL time zone, here in my zone - 11 am.
People in TL's time zones had almost full Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday till midnight. 5 days and 4 nights.
Tournament started when here was 11 pm, night, I was sleeping and saw red flags only Friday morning. So, I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and a night. 4 days and 5 nights for me. Normal people are sleeping in the nights, so I have 4 days to fight, when TL has almost 5 days

That's not a time-zone issue. If you sleep the same number of hours as the person across the globe who started the tournament while you were asleep, will you not be later active while that person is asleep? People in TL's time zone had HALF of Thursday. For hundreds of players, the final hours of the tournament passed while they were asleep in what were bright morning hours for you.

I don't know WHEN "normal" people sleep; but when I walk into a hospital emergency room in the middle of the night, I trust I'll be in the hands of normal, capable and alert people who have managed to get enough sleep during daylight hours. I'm even bold enough to hope that the surgeon will set aside his iPhone in the middle of a Dragon Story tournament to save my sorry life.

OlkaDragons
07-16-13, 12:33 PM
That's not a time-zone issue. If you sleep the same number of hours as the person across the globe who started the tournament while you were asleep, will you not be later active while that person is asleep?

Not :) America is asleep, I'm active, but tournament is already over.
Let's set aside such cases with hospitals and people who work at night.
To make difference clear let's take those people who wake up in 11 am and go to bed in 11.59 pm. Such people in TL zone got full Thursday and full Monday, and in my zone such people got only 4 full days.
I understand that some people get up earlier than others and go to bed earlier. But I just wanted to say that 4 days/5 nights is not equal to 5 days/4 nights. In first case people spend more hours sleeping. So with common start there are people who get 5 full days of fight existed. And people who get only 4 full days are existed too. And the most get something in the middle, 4.5 days of playing in common.

sand
07-16-13, 12:49 PM
Its summer and people are out on weekends some of them with no internet access, I ve read posts people complaining about stupid vacations. I understand frustration of being faced up to the goal which ends in less then 2 or 3 days. it would be better if tournament started individually for all players starting count down from the time they logged in

I myself was on a vacation trip during my tournament and without internet much of the time. Let's just say it didn't come at the best time. Still, there's no perfect time for everybody. It would be optimal from a player's point of view if the tournament ran its allotted time from the moment each individual logged in. However, that would not allow TL to complete the different tournaments or test sessions in a timely fashion. Some players would complete their 4-5 day cycle before others even started.

Perhaps the solution is TWO timers: (1) A universal timer that allows a tournament "season" to start and end simultaneously for everyone that expires in 7 days; and (2) an individual tournament timer triggered by game login that runs a full 5 days (120 hours).

For those players who are on the opposite side of the globe to TeamLava: Your predicament is no different to someone in TL's time zone who was at work when the tournament started, had a long ride home, took care of dinner, kids, work-out, social obligations or whatever, tumbled into bed exhausted to discover that her arena is in tournament mode and has been that way for hours, but she's too exhausted to do much with it before she's out cold. If she's lucky, she may get an hour or two next morning before heading out; maybe a few minutes at lunch... We all have lives. We play when we can, whether we're adults or kids. A camping trip could mean you miss the tournament (or retiring dragons) It's a game, eh?

nbella1414
07-16-13, 02:03 PM
I myself didn't notice the tourney until halfway through the first day either. And I had some frantic patches of time when I thought I wasn't going to make it. On the last night I even found myself staying up way later than normal so I could get a few more battles under my belt. The fact is, life is still happening and everyone had periods of time that it was not convenient to be on DS slaying dragons. That's why I ended up having to speed up several battles on the last day. It's a choice to devote the time to it for a special dragon. The timer can't stop or be tailored to everyone's individual situation and time zone. So you adjust... If you make it great. If not then life is still going on. Jake even stated that these tourneys were designed for players that check the game all day and not players that don't have time/inclination to do so. It was kinda fun to be on such a limited time and if I didn't win it I would have only myself to blame and not time restrictions or time zone issues.

Oliver118
07-16-13, 10:30 PM
Do you have to update?

07-16-13, 11:32 PM
5 days is more than enough time to finish te tournament. 30 matches, with the battles coming once every hour. Even if you lose you have time to play a minimal of let's say 6 matches per day. They take all of 30 seconds, before you win or lose. I can't see how the time constraint has anything to do with the game.

I can say I think it would be nice if they started when we do our first match. Kinda like the wheel where our timer reset at different times, Depending on when we last spin. However, I guess they do it because it would be an Inconvience if some players are still having their clock there, three days after most have won the prize.

Lets see if they make some more tweaks here and there. Overall, we wanted new things added to the game and this was a fantastic one. Even if I do talk smack about them most of the time. We can either play or not. I just feel bad for those who gave their all and couldn't beat the clock or beat the dragons.

Please give them another chance again to get to the end!

OlkaDragons
07-17-13, 12:33 AM
I don't think that 5 days is more than enough. Battles are every hour, but we need 6 hours to heal just one dragon!
Also if player has not a wide bunch of epics, we may need time to feed and evolve suitable color dragon. Strong dragons has a long evolving times, up to 44 h, you know. And high levels require a lot of food which is growing so slowly.
I had 4 days, as I mentioned, and I feel myself under time pressure.
Also let's mention Active life, family, holidays, when people are traveling and often have not Internet access and so on.
It's a reasonable time, but not optimal for players.
But it's good for TL, because people often use gold to speed up arena or evolving or healing. This is TL's idea, I think, so they will not increase time. But if they decrease it, I will not even start tournament.

chiefdragon
07-17-13, 05:15 AM
5 days is not enough unless you win every match.

07-17-13, 05:45 AM
On my main account with about 96 dragons and more than half of them healed, I was able to make do, until almost the last hour. By time I for to YY I had less than FOUR baby dragons left. I used a level one baby dream and won. To figure!

On this account I have about 60 or so dragons. Maybe 15 of them are epic, give or take two. I have few diamonds, few super rares and mostly common baby dragons. Five days was more than enough.

The first time I lost way too many matches. This time, I won the first 20 without speeding. Then I had to use gold towards the end.

I had to speed heal two or three dragons the first time. This time none.

So even without winning every match, with or without powerful epic dragons or skipping numerous matches, you're able to win.

It all comes down to whether you have or can make free time. If possible, you can finish. If not, that's normal, you're focusing on real life. Just don't blame the game for what we are or aren't able to do.

kms899
07-17-13, 05:51 AM
I don't think that 5 days is more than enough. Battles are every hour, but we need 6 hours to heal just one dragon!
Also if player has not a wide bunch of epics, we may need time to feed and evolve suitable color dragon. Strong dragons has a long evolving times, up to 44 h, you know. And high levels require a lot of food which is growing so slowly.
I had 4 days, as I mentioned, and I feel myself under time pressure.
Also let's mention Active life, family, holidays, when people are traveling and often have not Internet access and so on.
It's a reasonable time, but not optimal for players.
But it's good for TL, because people often use gold to speed up arena or evolving or healing. This is TL's idea, I think, so they will not increase time. But if they decrease it, I will not even start tournament.

I think it about choosing the right dragon, I for one don't have a single epic, I have 1 clockwork at level 7, the rest of my dragons are level 4 and most of them at level 3, I have used the crusader at level 4 a few times, but most of it's time is hospitalized.

just remember that I did evolve the forest and fire to epic to help out, but they pose no help, and always get hospitalized

tasha291
07-17-13, 10:26 PM
It was easy until the last day then I had to use gold. Won 30 but didn't get my dragon. Emailed support 3 days ago. Maybe there's a 5 day response period?��

kwhales
07-18-13, 03:10 AM
My klaus goal is gone. Wonder if I got the rewards.

teogionia
07-18-13, 12:04 PM
5 days are reasonable time frame to win 30 matches, but I would say it should be longer then that 6 days minimum and count down should have started the day we logged in and not at the same time for everyone. if u wont check DS for two days u can miss a lot of staff, thats not good. On average we should win 6 matches per day and it does not seem hard to do. But then tourney goes to the end it gets harder to win, even with the right dragons, As for myself I won entire tournament without ultimate attack and just sped gates 3 times, only lost battle 17 times and I will say it was hard and my goal almost expired. I have not dropped my phone for 5 days, even set alarm in order to wake up at night and battle, thats not normal. I could not even sleep thinking I wont be able to make it on time.

midnightmeerkat
07-18-13, 01:45 PM
5 days is not enough unless you win every match.

I think the number of days is ok.... I estimate that I lost about a quarter to a third of my matches but still managed to get YY

I won 10 the first day, 6 matches day 2 and 7 matches day 3 and 4, the clock still said 16 or 20 hours when I finished.

I do think healing time should be shorter tho'

The tournament is not meant to be easy its meant to be a challenge!

kwhales
07-18-13, 02:40 PM
I think the number of days is ok.... I estimate that I lost about a quarter to a third of my matches but still managed to get YY

I won 10 the first day, 6 matches day 2 and 7 matches day 3 and 4, the clock still said 16 or 20 hours when I finished.

I do think healing time should be shorter tho'

The tournament is not meant to be easy its meant to be a challenge!

I think 5 days is plenty. I just feel it should start when a player plays their first round. Not when TL dictates. Real life happens and that should be taken into consideration.

midnightmeerkat
07-18-13, 03:23 PM
I think 5 days is plenty. I just feel it should start when a player plays their first round. Not when TL dictates. Real life happens and that should be taken into consideration.

I agree with that..... Maybe that is how it will be when it is generally released. Since they are just doing test release of the feature at the moment they would want the info back from each release in a timely manner.

midnightmeerkat
07-18-13, 03:28 PM

When its generally released I'm hoping they have a few tournaments on offer and you could select the one you want to do. Each having different rewards and requirements .... like the quest feature. Also if you fail the first time you get more chances to do that particular tournament until you get the dragon reward.

That way the people who don't have the yin yang have a chance to get it and those of us who have already gotten the yin yang can go for a different reward.

tasha291
07-21-13, 05:08 AM
I got robbed. They didn't give me the dragon. I'm disputing it via email.

kwhales
07-21-13, 05:25 AM

So you got 99 pearls. DId you go to the craft shop to start crafting it? It doesn't just appear.

kms899
07-21-13, 06:45 AM

is this for the yin yang dragon or leviathan dragon.

yin yang dragon you can try looking in the storage, for leviathen you will need to craft it.

kms899
07-21-13, 09:37 AM
Has anyone noticed that the tournaments battle is going up in price.

godofsparkle
07-24-13, 06:20 PM
Got battle test with ethereal dragon as a prize...yay !

godofsparkle
07-24-13, 06:20 PM
Win 1st round against forest ( 1 ) with helios ( 9 )

kwhales
07-24-13, 06:22 PM
Win 1st round against forest ( 1 ) with helios ( 9 )

Can you repost this on the new thread for this tournament? It will help players who are already asleep.

godofsparkle
07-24-13, 06:27 PM
Can you repost this on the new thread for this tournament? It will help players who are already asleep.

Roger :cool:

kooky panda
07-24-13, 06:44 PM
Got battle test with ethereal dragon as a prize...yay !

New thread for the new tournament

New Battle Tournament! Win Ethereal Dragon! Available to all iOS! (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56083-New-Battle-Tournament!-Win-Ethereal-Dragon!-Available-to-all-iOS!)

lunarbunny
07-24-13, 08:37 PM
I won my first battle against forest twice now and both times at the end it would say victory, and then the processing screen comes up and I have to redo the battle again now! I am using an iPad in my home with with excellent broadband service, so there is trouble with the game or something:mad: Has this happened to anyone else? This also happened last tournament once as well:confused:

sunnybabi1986
07-24-13, 08:39 PM
I won my first battle against forest twice now and both times at the end it would say victory, and then the processing screen comes up and I have to redo the battle again now! I am using an iPad in my home with with excellent broadband service, so there is trouble with the game or something:mad: Has this happened to anyone else? This also happened last tournament once as well:confused:

It's a widespread problem...no solutions yet, check out the Ethereal Dragon thread...

Sumercarefree
07-24-13, 08:59 PM
I have trouble with my Gems Trade. Keeps repeating the same gems trade and resets again n again.
Unfortunately No extra gems.

hayjaime76
07-27-13, 08:11 PM
I got the tournament and then when i got on again later on it was gone, it just disappeared!

StarFalls78
08-09-13, 05:05 AM
hi.. I just beat topaz with my unicorn....one bash and it went down

huha54
08-09-13, 12:36 PM
i got mine ...just and the egg is for 3 hours to be hatched:o

janieshum38
08-10-13, 07:44 PM
Is it possible to win 30 battles to get Phoenix dragons? It's hard to win the last 6 battles and all my dragons are exhausted!!!! Help!!!!

lollipop_rp
08-20-13, 09:33 AM
That challenge is over. Do u still have it?

picklylily
08-21-13, 12:05 AM
How many Leviathan Pearls are we allowed to store? Thanks! :3

tuskmage
08-21-13, 12:12 AM
How many Leviathan Pearls are we allowed to store? Thanks! :3

99 ;) If you don't craft the dragon, your pearls stop counting.

kalika8998
09-01-13, 08:00 AM
[Update! Today (July 3rd) we released a copy of the Yin Yang Battle Tournament to another test group. This means another set of players will be able to try out the feature!]

[Please note: we are only doing a test release of this feature at this time. Most of you will not see this in-game yet because we're still polishing this feature. Some details are subject to change before the full release.]

Hello again, dragon fans!

Today we're test launching a new enhancement to the Battle Arena feature: Tournaments!

Tournaments provide a new and rewarding way to experience the Battle Arena. Before, your dragon opponents were randomized and you had to win 99 battles to craft the Leviathan Dragon Reward. With tournaments, you'll face opponents of increasing difficulty until you go head to head with the Tournament Boss in the final round! Defeat the dragon boss and win a copy of that dragon for yourself!

Did I mention our first tournament boss is a brand new dragon?

Did I mention that it's Yin Yang Dragon?

http://i.imgur.com/u8GKhL0.png
Yin Yang Dragon

Oh, and don't worry if you haven't finished collecting 99 Leviathan Pearls from the Battle Arena to craft the Leviathan Dragon. You'll still win pearls for winning rounds on your path to fight and win the Yin Yang Dragon.

You'll see flags on the arena and a reminder on your screen whenever a tournament is active. Battle Arena Tournaments are only available for a limited time, so get your Healing Springs ready and level up a good assortment of dragons so you have the right match for whatever opponents we throw at you!

Let us know what you think. I'll update here with answers to any FAQs, and we'll let you know when we're rolling the feature out to more players.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

-Jake.
The Yin Yang Dragon is for a limited time only. Unfortunely, it was removed from the market when the tournament ended. I hope it comes back because I never won him. :(

sunkalito
09-01-13, 09:17 AM
The Yin Yang Dragon is for a limited time only. Unfortunely, it was removed from the market when the tournament ended. I hope it comes back because I never won him. :(

Same here. I was on the test group for Yin Yang and didn't make it past round 10, because it was so difficult. -__- (and yes,in my main account I have all of my dragons in epic, except for the most recent ones I've gotten)

valdekhai
09-07-13, 04:01 PM
Why are ice age dragons in the battle arena?!? We can't use the ones we got to fight so why should we have to fight them?!? Kinda BS they have no weaknesses, when one pops up it takes 8-10 tries to beat them.

cedkugedchgd
09-13-13, 11:22 AM
sounds weird but i THINK that yin yang might have become breedable? the hatching time is the same with moon and now it has just become limited. limited for breeding or just buying? what do you guys think?

mrarfan
09-16-13, 08:17 AM
sounds weird but i THINK that yin yang might have become breedable? the hatching time is the same with moon and now it has just become limited. limited for breeding or just buying? what do you guys think?

I guess it's buying only :P

kooky panda
09-16-13, 08:49 AM

I guess it's buying only :P

See note from Frozenturtle

We made this special Dragon available for iOS players in the Market! We hope those of you who were not able to win it during the Tournament can take advantage of this LIMITED offer! :)

P.S. It is not breedable.

kalika8998
09-16-13, 03:48 PM
See note from Frozenturtle
I hope I can have gold soon to buy it...

Oliver118
09-16-13, 11:01 PM
Maybe by winning a contest-you get gems or gold...

karamsay
10-14-13, 02:12 PM
When are they going to standardize the cost for dragon battles across all games?

ginrae22
10-14-13, 02:16 PM
Why are ice age dragons in the battle arena?!? We can't use the ones we got to fight so why should we have to fight them?!? Kinda BS they have no weaknesses, when one pops up it takes 8-10 tries to beat them.

Is this true for everyone?? Cus... I have a fossil I need to beat and I've failed once already...someone help shed some light please!

ginrae22
10-14-13, 09:38 PM
Well 3rd try and I beat it! Barely but my black swan dragon beat fossil ! I hope that helps someone !

Anastisha13
10-15-13, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know how to beat the atlas Dragon? I have lost a lot of dragons trying to defeat him 😢. Please help!

FigmentValley
10-15-13, 02:17 PM
I beat atlas with BigBad. BB. Good luck!

kooky panda
10-15-13, 02:26 PM
I beat Atlas with Topaz.

princessp64
12-01-13, 12:17 AM
It would be VERY helpful if we could evolve our dragons to match the levels in the arena, thanks

mommiemara
03-18-14, 06:34 PM
Forgive me if I'm missing this info somewhere but I have searched high and low. I know battle arena was only for IOS when it came out but that looks like it was almost a year ago. Is it still not on android? If it is I must be missing something. Thanks

fairydust2008
07-26-14, 05:11 PM
Anyone knows how to beat porcelain and black diamond dragon in this tournament?