PDA

View Full Version : New Trade Options

blondiellie
06-18-13, 07:33 AM
Hi TL,

I wanted to know if anyone had addressed whether we would get the other trading options back, meaning those that we had originally upgraded away from.

Additionally, I was wondering if something could be done with prime cuts and truffles. I'm always full on those because I need bacon for trades so I never do the Feed the Baron. That hasn't given me great things in the past.

What do other people think?

brandonu
06-18-13, 08:44 AM
You should collect from pigs more often and do the Feed the Baron quest when you get to the needed level of prime cuts or truffles (whatever is harder for you). Some of the yields are pretty basic, like super glue, but you get get royal beams and blocks as well. It's basically like a less frequent option in addition to Sir Pigglesworth.

blondiellie
06-18-13, 10:08 AM
I collect from the pigs as much as I can, but that usually all goes to trades and not the Feed the Baron Quest.

Gardienn
06-18-13, 10:16 AM
I've found Feed the Baron results dismal. I did it twice and decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

meme1098
06-18-13, 10:44 AM
I have noticed just about everything in this game has been tweaked or downgraded. Mr. Pigglesworth has only been giving, water, bacon, or just coins for the last week or so, Feed the Baron as stated above gives less, some of the trades have downgraded rewards, too, the skunkupines are nearly nonexistent, and still waiting for the fix for the disappeared goal line for the glimmerdust trove. & The T&T goal is a joke. The game is going downhill pretty fast.

arale_norimaki
06-18-13, 02:49 PM
I have to disagree regarding Feed the Baron and Sir Piggy. Whereas the trades have been downgraded and give less items, the other two have always been random and many players were disappointed with them in the first days.

Feed the Baron has always been random, and the first report ever in the forum was he rewarded the player with a superglue, the second was jewels. You can see it yourself (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40888-Feed-the-Baron), people have always found it mostly lame. That said, I still do it whenever I have enough ingredients, the Baron has given me several times wisp lanterns and it is better than being maxed out in prime cuts and truffles.

Sir Piggy is a pig, so it usually gives porky things. Sometimes he gets crazy and may cough an earth wisp, but that's pure random. There is a thread about it (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40344-Sir-Pigglesworth-quest&p=497972&viewfull=1#post497972) where several players made reports about all the things they had got the first days after unlocking him, you can see many of them complain about it giving mostly bacon and truffles. That was 6 months ago ;)

Frosty_Wench
06-18-13, 02:58 PM
I have to disagree regarding Feed the Baron and Sir Piggy. Whereas the trades have been downgraded and give less items, the other two have always been random and many players were disappointed with them in the first days.

Feed the Baron has always been random, and the first report ever in the forum was he rewarded the player with a superglue, the second was jewels. You can see it yourself (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40888-Feed-the-Baron), people have always found it mostly lame. That said, I still do it whenever I have enough ingredients, the Baron has given me several times wisp lanterns and it is better than being maxed out in prime cuts and truffles.

Sir Piggy is a pig, so it usually gives porky things. Sometimes he gets crazy and may cough an earth wisp, but that's pure random. There is a thread about it (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40344-Sir-Pigglesworth-quest&p=497972&viewfull=1#post497972) where several players made reports about all the things they had got the first days after unlocking him, you can see many of them complain about it giving mostly bacon and truffles. That was 6 months ago ;)

I totally agree. I never get my hopes up for the Baron, but I have received a royal item or two and a builder's paste from him before. As you say, what else are you going to do with the prime cuts and truffles? The only other real use for bacon is the meat exchange and I suppose grits (although I have very rarely needed to cook any grits). While useful, I figure all but the lamest of baron rewards are better than getting 10 energy if you have to decide between the two.

Also, since all the talk about Sir Pigglesworth drops getting worse, I have received 5 gems and 30 energy. I haven't noticed much of a difference at all in his drops.

MBRBTBRB
06-18-13, 04:43 PM
Same here I also got 5 gems from Sir Pigsalot yesterday and 30 energy last week, and mostly just bacon/truffle/water/etc. It's random and the game hasn't changed, but your luck may have changed.