PDA

View Full Version : Android game crashing - CONSTANTLY!!

gotalotaluv
06-17-13, 05:41 PM
Consistent crashes in either version (original, new dawn, spring, etc.) when I visit nbrs. Occurs randomly - either while I'm posting their walls or in the middle of me vectoring screens (since we have to go home or to social to get bk to our own wall or newsfeed - which you REALLY OUGHT TO FIX!), or even visiting one island from another one. I also noticed that it happens if I'm visiting a nbr and simultaneously someone is visiting me, or sending a map, or posting my wall.

I'm going to take you with me to show you how frustrating this is:

7:50 pm .. crash .. reopen
play: 7:55-7:58 - crash (while uploading a nbr from my social wall)
7:59 - reopen... visited nbr from social and played, linked to another from that wall, linked to another from that wall, played and as I started to type it force closed
8:04 - reopen ... linked to the last nbr played (when it closed) already shows I played, posted wall
8:06 - to nbr list - visit next nbr .. played and posted wall
8:08 - to nbr list - visit next nbr .. played and the screen closed while moving the island around
8:10 - reopen ... bk to social - picked a new nbr ... played one .. logged wall
8:12 - bk to log .. to visit the one who closed ... moved screen and the whole thing died - took me bk to my device's home screen.
8:16 - reopen ... went to wall ... linked bk to that island again ... logged wall that I can't remember if I played or not -- force closures
8:19 - bk to wall .. because I'm getting frustrated, and now just want to visit those who already visited me
8:20 - linked to nbr from wall .. played and clicked wall to post and got the "Unfortunately, Dragon Story has stopped" - this is the FIRST time I've had that message pop up since I've been simultaneously typing this while playing

So we're at 30 minutes, successfully visiting 6 nbrs in 30 minutes? OH COME ON!!!

I'm absolutely distraught! I'm at level 99, the nbrs I have visited range from levels 25-105 ... no particular level closed on me ... just closures. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled ALL versions over 3 times ... and it's very upsetting. I play 8 TL games, and this one and pet story are the only ones that close on me constantly, but this one is worse. I spend the most money on this game (gems) and I enjoy it (even without all the IOS benefits) but it would be GREAT to be able to PLAY it.

Can someone please tell me what to do other than email support at team lava because I've done that and their answers were the reinstalls. Sadness.

[S8] Elsa
06-17-13, 06:28 PM
Does this happen when you visit a specific neighbor? If so, please let us know the neighbor name (you can PM me if you'd rather not share if via forums) so we can investigate this further.

gotalotaluv
06-17-13, 06:46 PM
As you can see from my post, it's not just any particular nbr ... it's random .. practically every 3 minutes - regardless of nbr level or size of island/no of dragons, etc.

Keomint
06-20-13, 10:51 AM
As you can see from my post, it's not just any particular nbr ... it's random .. practically every 3 minutes - regardless of nbr level or size of island/no of dragons, etc.

I am having exactly the same problem. It constantly crashes. It is so frustrating. No certain nbr.

doctor_fan
06-20-13, 12:17 PM
I'm seeing crashes like this as well. Not as often but it usually seems to happen when going to a neighbor or requesting maps. Happens when visiting random neighbors, sometimes i can visit 2 or 3 sometimes more than that.

Also here is a trick I found to not have to go back home to get to your wall/newsfeed. While at another players island (or your own) touch your phone menu button, this brings up the DS menu and you can select newsfeed or social or whatever. Works on my Galaxy S3 and worked on my Galaxy S as well hope it works on your device too. And I agree they need another button for Menu like on some of their other games, I know they exist Restaurant and Bakery Stories.

gotalotaluv
06-25-13, 05:40 AM
Waiting to hear from you Pony Roar. Obviously it is a major problem!

Psion1k
06-25-13, 05:59 PM
I had similar issues on my old phone. It turned out that the game just needs too much memory, which is still not acknowledged by TL as an issue, or limitation. An indication of this is that when you visit more complex islands (lots of habitats, diverse dragon population, lots of decorations), that island or the next (it doesn't seem to give up / reallocate RAM easily) will experience the crashing. Having a complex local island seems to accelerate the process as well.

This problem gets progressively worse the higher up the versions of the games you go, as more is added to it.

My old phone was an HTC Desire HD, which only has 768MB RAM, and 625+ was taken up by the base image. By ****ing off apps I could temporarily free up RAM and the difference was noticeable, in that crashing reduced and responsiveness improved immensely. At least until whatever was ****ed started up again (and no, it wasn't an app conflict). I did a wall of text post about this a while back, but TL helpfully removed it as "related to an already known issue" (namely not working on older phones).

Oddly enough, I didn't think that running a game was sufficient reason to upgrade my device.

I now have updated to an HTC One, which has 2GB RAM, and the difference is remarkable. Absolutely no crashing, locally or neighbor visit, and smooth response. Not saying the experience is perfect, as there are issues, but not of the crashing type.

jellypie200
06-29-13, 06:03 PM
You can pm pony roar to let pony roar know about it faster
Pm pony roar here (http://forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=154)

celiadean
07-01-13, 10:03 AM
I had the exact same problem on my Razr phone (android). I had emailed TL several times with nothing being done. On day my phone service did an auto update. Problem solved!!! I transferred my game to an iPad & have started a new acct on the phone & it is working very well.

thanakar
07-03-13, 06:39 AM
I have these exact same issues on my Droid X (OS 2.3.4). Constant crashes no matter what I do. I can't even load quests now, nor can I send gifts of even ask for expansion help. Everything I do crashes the game and its gotten progressively worse as they release new stuff.

filipina1983
07-06-13, 12:58 PM
My game closes or restarts whether im visiting neighbor islands or on my island. It happens constantly and cannot post on walls will cause game to restart or crash. I have a android 4.1.2 Samsung note 2. Has there been necessary testing done to determine what is causing the issue?

DragonLady1955
07-06-13, 01:14 PM
Same here. Does it kindle too. Every 2 neighbors and boom,crash. I won't spend money on this game anymore because of it.

filipina1983
07-06-13, 01:24 PM
My game closes or restarts whether im visiting neighbor islands or on my island. It happens constantly and cannot post on walls will cause game to restart or crash. I have a android 4.1.2 Samsung note 2. Has there been necessary testing done to determine what is causing the issue?
I have have reinstalled dragon story more than 10 times with the latest version due to the issue that
It keeps crashing/closing. This does not fix the issue nor does force closing or all that has been suggested for me to do.

nzgeek
07-06-13, 08:23 PM
I'm having constant crashing problems too, on New Dawn. For me it happens when I try and visit the islands of others, when the Processing message is shown. I've tried clearing the cache but it doesn't seem to help.

My device: Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505), running CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly builds.
Game version: 1.0.5.4.2 (via Play Store)
My ID: NZgeek
Other island's name (not ID): DandsFarms

DandsFarms have visited me recently and played with my dragons, so you may be able to use that to help find the correct user ID.

nzgeek
07-06-13, 08:25 PM
I should also mention that I've used the Report function on the crash screen almost every time this has happened, so if it's possible to get hold of the crash reports it may help to trace the source of the problem.

vampwarmob
07-07-13, 09:42 AM
I have the same issue when I visit neighbors, the more I visit, the more often it crashes. I send the crash report so many times, I don't think the anyone is reading those reports. Some of the other TL games are more stable, like bakery story. BTW, my phone is an HTC Rezound running Android version 4.0.3 with HTC Sense version 3.6

seoy8
07-08-13, 02:28 AM
Been crush all the time. Hope Tl fix that! It so difficult for me to visited my NB, post on wall.
I using samsung galaxy s2.
Is anymore still have this problem and already fix?

Danwold
07-10-13, 11:11 AM
Same here sony ericsson X10i - whether i go on.market, send.gifts etc Crashes. Used to happen on restaurant
Story but they fixed it and i reached lvl 99. Hope they fiz this. Memory issues should not be a problem on this game as it should be a simple point and place?

MarcusDragontail
03-18-14, 07:29 AM
Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 4.1.2

Game crashes sometimes when visiting neighbors, game crashes sometimes when opening menu, game crashes sometimes when going to the quest list, game crashes sometimes when (trying to) scroll, the game crashes sometimes when trying to request for expansion, the game even crashes sometimes simply by staring at the screen.

Got enough free space on internal memory and SD card. RAM isn't full either when checking while the game is running.

This game is one huge pile of bugs.
Please fix.

echo005
03-20-14, 05:34 AM
it seems to go in spasms either we get constant crashing or none.mine has been crashing the past month again and hopefully when we get a new version (this one was really buggy) it will sort things-cos i don't have the patience.when we're sending these reports all the time do TL actually read them i wonder?

using samsung galaxy ace 2

kooky panda
03-20-14, 05:38 AM
it seems to go in spasms either we get constant crashing or none.mine has been crashing the past month again and hopefully when we get a new version (this one was really buggy) it will sort things-cos i don't have the patience.when we're sending these reports all the time do TL actually read them i wonder?

using samsung galaxy ace 2
If you are hitting the report button on your device,then no, this does not get reported to Team Lava.
To report to TL you will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com .
After you hit the report button, what is your error message saying?

echo005
03-20-14, 08:32 AM
after i hit report i get another page up and i can either make comments or leave it blank then hit send.can't think of anything else at present as i've only briefly been in today so just send report.will report back tomorrow.i just assumed that the report was sent to TL-if that isn't the case then i've obviously wasted my time sending reports this last year or so.....

doctor_fan
03-20-14, 10:03 AM
I have reported this behavior on another thread titled "game keeps crashing." I am now level 129 and I don't even attempt to visit neighbors. I am playing DS Christmas edition on my Galaxy S3 4.1.1. I will get the first restart while gifting, sometimes it just crashes then I have to manually start the app. I can usually collect and harvest but it will usually crash again while planting.

I have been using the log into other accounts feature through Restaurant Story to gift etc. When I open DS on these other accounts (all of which are lower level without the number of habitats and dragons on my main acct) there are absolutely no problems with crashes.

From the other thread, IOS high level users experience the same problem. Something needs to be done about this issue. I am willing to provide any info requested by the mods.

MakJulos
03-23-14, 08:34 AM
I have reported this behavior on another thread titled "game keeps crashing." I am now level 129 and I don't even attempt to visit neighbors. I am playing DS Christmas edition on my Galaxy S3 4.1.1. I will get the first restart while gifting, sometimes it just crashes then I have to manually start the app. I can usually collect and harvest but it will usually crash again while planting.

I have been using the log into other accounts feature through Restaurant Story to gift etc. When I open DS on these other accounts (all of which are lower level without the number of habitats and dragons on my main acct) there are absolutely no problems with crashes.

From the other thread, IOS high level users experience the same problem. Something needs to be done about this issue. I am willing to provide any info requested by the mods.

I saw in some other thread a player also playing Xmas edition, but apparently there is a newer version of the game on the...hmm..Google playstore? It did not show up on search though, unless typing in games full name as i understood it. Well, might be worth checking out - a newer version may work better than outdated one.

doctor_fan
03-24-14, 09:22 AM
I saw in some other thread a player also playing Xmas edition, but apparently there is a newer version of the game on the...hmm..Google playstore? It did not show up on search though, unless typing in games full name as i understood it. Well, might be worth checking out - a newer version may work better than outdated one.

Thanks for the info. I'm not too sure how much the Xmas and regular differ but they both have the same version number on the play store, 1.0.7.7, although the regular version has an update date in January 2014. In my experience even when they come out with a new version these issues continue. I went ahead and installed the regular version and I'll see what happens but I won't hold my breath....

;)

doctor_fan
03-24-14, 01:05 PM
....and now there is a DS:Springtime.... we'll see if there is any improvement with the crashing issue....

yayacupcake
03-25-14, 09:18 AM
....and now there is a DS:Springtime.... we'll see if there is any improvement with the crashing issue....

DS: Springtime did not fix the issue. No bug fixes listed. Still version 1.0.7.7 just a cosmetic change. Issue persists. Issue was pointed out eons ago in the now closed Android Parity thread.

echo005
03-25-14, 02:31 PM
If you are hitting the report button on your device,then no, this does not get reported to Team Lava.
To report to TL you will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com .
After you hit the report button, what is your error message saying?
Ok then I get the message that gives option of force close or report.hit report and get message to report feedback including system data so I send that

kooky panda
03-25-14, 02:33 PM
Ok then I get the message that gives option of force close or report.hit report and get message to report feedback including system data so I send that
Yes you can send your error message to support@teamlava.com

echo005
03-25-14, 02:38 PM
On the subject of springtime version it is bl00dy terrible.its extremely laggy and sometimes half my dragons are invisible.i dont need to be told to force close or uninstall/reinstall or try any other things that might be on the script cos I've been playing the game long enough to know they won't work.christmas version wasn't 100% brilliant but thank god I didnt install it-and one has to keep the previous version as 9/10 the newer version is worse.this version is SO slow too

MarcusDragontail
03-26-14, 05:22 AM
On the subject of springtime version it is bl00dy terrible.its extremely laggy and sometimes half my dragons are invisible.i dont need to be told to force close or uninstall/reinstall or try any other things that might be on the script cos I've been playing the game long enough to know they won't work.christmas version wasn't 100% brilliant but thank god I didnt install it-and one has to keep the previous version as 9/10 the newer version is worse.this version is SO slow too
Same here.
Almost everything crashes the game.
Doesn't matter if you reboot the device, cleanup ram and what not. Some hours of the day it's worse than others.
Can't help friends anymore. If luck I can ENTER the other player's island and maybe click a few habitats, but going back home guarantees a full crash or forced reload.
Even the quest menu crashes the game very often now.

Totally unplayable.
Android Galaxy S2.

Looks like they didn't even bother trying to optimize the game. Like NOT drawing things that are NOT on-screen???
Or dynamic level of detail when zooming in or out.
Really.. we're talking about game design basics here...

Maybe if they send me the source code of this game, I might be able to fix all these problems.
Hell! I'd do it for free, because, whatever annoyances and game-breakers there currently are, the idea/concept is fun, the graphics are cool and cute, all in all it's a very likable game in my opinion, just like all the other '... story' games from TeamLava.
Too bad it looks like the devs are completely ignoring their android fan base.

MarcusDragontail
04-09-14, 04:14 AM
Using Android 4.1.2 on galaxy s2.

Sometimes game is fast, sometimes it isn't.
Sometimes, I can help neighbors, most of the time it crashes.
Most of the times I can access the quest list, sometimes it crashes.
Sometimes, I can ask for expansion permits, most of the times it crashes when clicking on 'SEND'.
Sometimes, I can't even open the menu.
Sometimes, the game crashes even without doing anything.

Every time, when I check the amount of free RAM when the game is running, there is always enough space (several tens of MB's).
SD card and internal memory also have lots of free space.

Already deleted the game and reinstalled.
It doesn't matter if I restart my device, clear RAM first or do both.
It doesn't matter if I cleanup my device by removing old log files.
It doesn't matter if I run on wifi or the phone's normal internet connection.
All your other games (Restaurant Story, Bakery Story, Pet Shop Story, Fashion Story and Jewel Mania) run just fine.
Other graphic intensive games also run just fine.

Currently I'm already happy if Dragon Story holds up for more then 30 seconds... in other words: totally unplayable.

What gives??

Also, it looks like it doesn't matter how many dragons are on-screen at the same time. It looks like only the TOTAL amount of dragons in game counts. The more you have, the slower it gets.
Are you always drawing all dragons in one giant bitmap? It's better to only draw things that are on-screen because if you don't, you waste a lot of cpu time drawing things that aren't visible.

the8storms
04-09-14, 09:19 AM
It doesn't follow a specific pattern,but it's not frequent,either. It just crashes. Help me!

kooky panda
04-09-14, 10:14 AM
It doesn't follow a specific pattern,but it's not frequent,either. It just crashes. Help me!
Please provide your specific device, its current IOS version, and the current version number of the game you are playing.(under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen)

the8storms
04-11-14, 01:19 PM
I'm using iOS 6.1.6,and game is version 9.1.2,and I'm at level 45.

FF9ZidaneGal
04-17-14, 02:59 AM
My games crash as well. At least you lot are able to PLAY the game for a few seconds. I cannot even get my games to boot up! when I click the game it shows the main screen with the loading logo spinning and then it closes down and says:

"Sorry!
The application Bakery Story (process com.teamlava.bakerystory) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Then my two options are to force stop or send a report. I've sent a few reports with no luck. I'm not sure why it is not working. I have tried Restaurant Story as well with zero luck as well.

My telephone is an HTC Status and my Android version is 2.3.5

DragonWished
04-17-14, 01:14 PM
I'm having the same problems stated above on my Android tablet: Samsung Galaxy model SM-T310, Android version 4.2.2.

Totally random, no rhyme or reason. I'm on level 74 in the DS game and am dreading getting any higher.

caseypdx1
04-19-14, 09:00 AM
I had a similar issue on my old Samsung tablet. The android dump report had the following information:
Event Log: Crash
Exception Class Name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Source File: BitmapFactory.java
Source Class: android.graphics.BitmapFactory
Source Method: nativeDecodeAsset
Line Number: -2

I emailed Storm8 Support numerous times, and the only response I received was, "We will forward this to the engineering team for investigation." I never received any further information or assistance, and finally gave up. Given the "OutOfMemoryError" nature of the error, I figured it was a hardware issue, or a ds/android-specific code issue resulting in a memory leak/conflict. I bought an iOS device (iPad) and transferred my account there. I've had no issues on iOS since then.

I have other android ds devices that operate without issue, but they are all low level accounts below lvl20. My main account which constantly crashed is lvl145 with ~200 dragons. My guess is the problem gets worse as you have more dragons and background decor which overloads the device graphics/hardware.

So, if Storm8's "engineering team" brushes you off as they did me, upgrade to a newer android device (or iOS) and transfer your account there. There are many inexpensive tablets available these days. I'd recommend one with a newer Intel Atom processor (except Dell). If you can hold out for a bit, look for one with an Atom Z34xx Silvermont core

Hostler
04-20-14, 07:00 AM
My games crashes whenever I visit a neighbor that has a large set of habitats and dragons. I can rarely leave them a message. I have deleted several friends because my game crashes every time I visit. I am playing on a Samsung Android.

LunchLS
09-19-14, 01:51 PM
Mine crashes everytime I open it

audithedragon
09-26-14, 06:14 PM
I am having the same problem on a Galaxy S5. Crashing every 30 seconds or less. I am on level 133 and this happens no matter what I am doing or who I am visiting. The only way I can use the game was to install it on an old Galaxy S4 that doesn't have anything installed on it and now the game only crashed every 3 to 5 minutes.

I have tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and nothing makes it better.

Team Lava who are you kidding. The Android version of Dragon Story is full of bugs and missing most of the features of the IOS game. This is a joke.

CajunHouse
12-26-14, 07:22 PM
I had same problem on my android, then I started loading game to 16 GB SD card and at least once a week go to applications and clear cache. I put all my games on my SD card and clear cache once a week. No more crashes & freeze ups.

schnute612
01-05-15, 07:50 AM
I have these exact same issues on my Droid X (OS 2.3.4). Constant crashes no matter what I do. I can't even load quests now, nor can I send gifts of even ask for expansion help. Everything I do crashes the game and its gotten progressively worse as they release new stuff.

Same Problems over more than two years? I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy s3 and the game restarts every few clicks/tips. I've given up visiting my neighbours. I even have difficulties to breed with Dragons very down my Dragon list. I can't reach them without my game is closing. I tend to stop playing but the game itself is so nice.

MOD88
07-05-15, 06:46 PM
I fell in love with this game but the support SUCKS! I have been posting to forums, pm staff, emailing support, posted on their facebook, deleted and re-installEd the game, cleared the apps data and cache, asked Google even, all to no solution or a response. My game is not opening or even allowing get me to click to make any in app purchases. I can't but gold, food, coins, bundles, habitats, dragons, building's, Nothing! I'm so frustrated that I'm considering just deleting the game and trying out DragonVale. smh. Support needs replacing, revaluation, or revamping.

rheeanna
07-11-15, 09:25 AM
I fell in love with this game but the support SUCKS! I have been posting to forums, pm staff, emailing support, posted on their facebook, deleted and re-installEd the game, cleared the apps data and cache, asked Google even, all to no solution or a response. My game is not opening or even allowing get me to click to make any in app purchases. I can't but gold, food, coins, bundles, habitats, dragons, building's, Nothing! I'm so frustrated that I'm considering just deleting the game and trying out DragonVale. smh. Support needs replacing, revaluation, or revamping.

Everyone I've spoken to has crashing issues ...Android IOS ....per support Agent []I deleted and reinstalled game after last update and crash every 3-5 minutes regardless of garden...or who I visit.

[removed support email (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)]

Making it too long to visit even less reason without a 250 coin bonus on each play received past two weeks or longer ticket submitted and photos ...others now noticing no bonus with clearing

AlexRoaqs
10-28-15, 06:57 PM
I am having the same problem except mine crashes whenever I access my messages and only on Restaurant Story. The issue started occurring 3 days ago. I have the Galaxy S6. I sent an email to storm8 but have not received a response.

kooky panda
10-29-15, 07:34 AM
I am having the same problem except mine crashes whenever I access my messages and only on Restaurant Story. The issue started occurring 3 days ago. I have the Galaxy S6. I sent an email to storm8 but have not received a response.

There are issues with a couple of the new android devices. They are currently working on this issue.
Please see the current thread:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84967-Issues-with-Galaxy-Note-5-and-S6-Edge

Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge.