PDA

View Full Version : Is there a benefit to blocking the door with furniture?

Unregistered
12-28-10, 07:10 PM
Do you lose coins over night if you block your door. When I tip I see chairs and other things in front of the door. Thanks.

Unregistered
12-28-10, 07:25 PM
You don't lose coins, you just don't earn any. I block my door when I don't have enough food. You can block every night (or for days) to store up food. Its all about choice, like wanting to keep your restaurant at a 100 happiness level. Hope this helps!

Unregistered
12-28-10, 07:29 PM
Do you lose coins over night if you block your door. When I tip I see chairs and other things in front of the door. Thanks.

Er... what? Why would you lose coins?

People block their door when they have NO FOOD on the counters and are currently cooking food on their appliances. Blocking the door keeps the customers out, which means no customer can come in and get angry and leave because there's no food. This essentially keeps your popularity rating at 100. That's all.

It's a "benefit", but it's not that great. Going out of the game virtually keeps your popularity rating at 100 until you come back in anyway, and then you slowly see customers come in and get angry. It really doesn't make that much of a difference.

As for people blocking their doors to "stack up" on their cooking so that they can then stack up on their counters - absolute morons. The more time you're wasting "stacking", the less food is actually being consumed (time is VALUABLE), and the less money they are making.

So... in short, block the door if you want to for "peace of mind" when you cook overnight and go to sleep (but only IF your food counters are completely bare). There's no benefit otherwise.

Unregistered
12-28-10, 08:56 PM
Bad word choice - I meant "by losing coins" not earning any. Not literally getting coins subtracted. Thanks for reply. I understand. Is it bad ettiquette to tip when restaurant is closed? I am new and just started playing over Christmas. :)

Unregistered
12-28-10, 09:16 PM
Hi The discourteous person who above who said it doesn't make any difference is just flat wrong. And how dare he/she refer to other players as "morons" because they play differently (probably better.) Sorry your introduction to the forum had to be from someone like that! This forum is to help, not make people feel stupid! The other poster was correct. Block your door with something when you need to prepare food. Otherwise, the angry customers coming in to find no food or drink will bring down your rating, as they develop the blue broken hearts over their heads. Once you have prepared some items, unblock the door. Now that you have food and drink again, they will not have broken hearts and your rating stays at 100. Hope that helps!
Wish I could sign with my ID but many good people on here do not, as we would like to avoid retaliation from the participants with severe anger issues.
Cheers!

Unregistered
12-28-10, 09:24 PM
Everybody I know playing this game blocks their doors and most of them are the game's highest levels. Vacations, house guests, busy at work, not feeling well etc etc. We are not "morons" we just know how to play the game for fun, do the best we can to keep our heart/star ratings up, gain levels and not become OCD about it. With a few exceptions apparently, most of us have lives outside of these games!

Unregistered
12-28-10, 10:37 PM
I'm one of those "morons" who blocks the door to stockpile food. I actually enjoy it. I set myself a personal goal to reach a certain amount for each food I was cooking, and I worked to reach that goal. It might sound silly to some people, but it just gives me another way to play the game.

Unregistered
12-28-10, 10:46 PM
Count me among the Morons! In a fairly short time, according to my friends in the know, I just reached level 52 with the moronic pattern of blocking the door while food is prepared. :) Best of luck to the new player :)

Unregistered
12-29-10, 08:32 AM
Don't count me as a moron. The only moron on here is the one who goes about this forum and calls everyone a moron who doesn't agree with him! There are many ways to play especially Bakery and Restaurant story. It can be about many things. I also block my door when I'm redecorating. I close every night. As long as you enjoy the game the way you are playing it, that's all that matters. You can tip whenever you want or is convenient for you. It doesn't matter if the restaurant is open or closed. We have asked for a sign we can put on the door saying "Open" and Closed instead of having to block the door...but I'm sure that is low on their priority list.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 10:49 AM
Oh I get it. I am new to this group but it does seem there is a lot of spiteful complaining going on about the games and the company. It sounds like you have easily identified the negative people, perhaps by their writing style or pattern of complaints since no one signs on here. I'm scared to sign too!
I agree it is easy to have a blast with these games because you can close and not be frantic about getting back to them. I have played some on line games where if you are not babysitting them 24/7 you really lose out
Let's hear it or closing the door and down with the negative writers! Maybe someday those chronic complainers will go and this can be a nice place to meet others and exchange ID's.

Unregistered
12-29-10, 10:56 AM
I appreciate your help. I wish I could have the storm IDs of some nice people like you guys who answered so we could play together. But I understand why you want to be anonymous. I saw a couple of other threads and i see what you mean. Appears to be the same unhappy guys recycling the same complaints. I bet that's how they are in real time too. Have a good day!

Unregistered
12-29-10, 01:13 PM
i'm blocking my door..but my food is still disappearing???? i've been doing this for the last few days...i dont see people..but while i'm doing the short cooking foods its still gets eatened...

Unregistered
12-29-10, 01:59 PM
To the person above having trouble... If you want to leave your stormID we can visit and have a look, try to help you :)

Unregistered
12-29-10, 06:20 PM
I've visited&tipped many a blocked-door place, and have commenced in doing the same while away from game.
I found it to be genius.
But a few times, however, after I SWEAR I blocked the door with a panel, I've come back to find my place "open"
with no food and pissed-off clients. Ever happen to anybody, or am I just the next generation of moron? Thanks....

Unregistered
12-29-10, 08:24 PM
I've visited&tipped many a blocked-door place, and have commenced in doing the same while away from game.
I found it to be genius.
But a few times, however, after I SWEAR I blocked the door with a panel, I've come back to find my place "open"
with no food and pissed-off clients. Ever happen to anybody, or am I just the next generation of moron? Thanks....

This has never happened to me, but if you are not careful to make sure the piece you are using to block the door is firmly in place, as soon as you exit the game, customers will come in. Make sure that the item stays in place once you leave design mode. Stay in there a few minutes to make sure the item doesn't go back to its original place. If it stays in front of the door, you should be fine.