PDA

View Full Version : question about material requests

mykillingbox
06-15-13, 06:56 AM
i have posted this question in the bugs section but i noticed that it gets little traffic so i will reiterate my question here. do material requests get granted only at a specific time in a day?

here's my issue (as posted in the bugs section):

i did a little experiment. i get material requests all throughout the day, so what i did was i granted them then sent requests back. i did this at different times in one day. i noticed i only get requests granted at around midnight to early morning (PST time) and nothing for the rest of the day.

any administrator who can enlighten me on this? this is getting me really frustrated...

maguar
06-15-13, 05:50 PM
I think you might have sent more than 20 requests in a day. If so 20 requests get sent to neighbours. On the following game day the next 20 get sent out. If those 20 neighbours are playing at that time they'll respond then. This will continue until the requests have gone out to all the neighbours you sent to. So sending more than 20 a day can clog up your system and slow things down as some neighbours may not be playing or may be away. It's best to only send 20/25 requests to neighbours that you know play daily. Doing this will get your your responses faster

mykillingbox
06-15-13, 08:30 PM
hello! finally an answer :)

that's what i thought so i slowed down in sending out requests. i only sent requests to neighbors who i know were online at that time as i was (about 2-3 max) but still the same issue. my requests still get granted in one fell swoop at the same 6-hour (ish) window every day. does this mean that the system is still sending residual requests from the previous weeks where i sent out more than 20 requests in a day?

maguar
06-16-13, 01:55 AM
Quite possibily. Leave off sending requests for a few days for the rest to go through then start sending a max of 20-25 a day.

mykillingbox
06-16-13, 03:15 AM
ok, i'll see if that works. :)