PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 6-19-13

OpeningCeremony
06-14-13, 05:19 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2s7gapy.jpg

New Teaser!

Live too far from the beach? Don't let that stop you!
http://i.imgur.com/iaYap9r.png

Hang ten with the Indoor Flow in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

cherryberry9
06-14-13, 06:07 PM
For gems, for sure.

OnCloudDivine
06-14-13, 08:13 PM
Aww! That little surfer girl is so cute! Great how it ties in to the cruise theme-- like an on-deck water park.

villeroy
06-15-13, 12:13 AM
OMG! That's toooooooooooo cute!

minidemon88
06-15-13, 12:47 AM
LTO! This will go so well with the cruise ship theme.

Oliver118
06-15-13, 06:33 AM
Ouch, this is probably gonna cost me lots!:p

ItalianCafe
06-15-13, 09:09 AM
I bet we will have a box this week. Maybe this is the 2nd prize of the "cruise box".

bigbux3
06-15-13, 10:52 AM
I bet we will have a box this week. Maybe this is the 2nd prize of the "cruise box".

I feel like, you can see into the future.

I hope the items in this update aren't expensive like the Cruise Ship update. I want it to be as cheap as the Gran Gran and the Modern update.

ItalianCafe
06-15-13, 03:02 PM
I feel like, you can see into the future

I can't see into the future, but I am realistic.

After the goals, we usually have boxes. I think this item looks like a 1st prize (or a 2nd prize) of a box (like the Mesh Hammock).

LalaSmooth
06-16-13, 03:22 AM
It better not be another goal item!!!

HNO3
06-16-13, 01:19 PM
Aww! That little surfer girl is so cute! Great how it ties in to the cruise theme-- like an on-deck water park.

I suspect the designers have been surfing (pun not intended) cruise line websites for inspiration ;)

TinksThots
06-16-13, 02:30 PM
It better not be another goal item!!!

It won't be, not with the birthday party and cruise sets both still going on.

napperta
06-16-13, 04:01 PM
Where do I find the goals I haven't completed i am being told to buy 4 ship stoves and a petting zoo but I can't because I have not completed a goal but I don't know what goal to complete. Can someone help me

Teresa

TinksThots
06-16-13, 04:54 PM
Where do I find the goals I haven't completed i am being told to buy 4 ship stoves and a petting zoo but I can't because I have not completed a goal but I don't know what goal to complete. Can someone help me

Teresa

The cruise set (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53602-Restaurant-Goals-6-12-13) and the birthday party set (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53085-6-5-13-Birthday-Party-Goals) threads show all the goals. You have to work back and forth between them to unlock each part. One part of a goal will unlock part of another one, and part of that one will unlock part of another one, you'll be bouncing back and forth between two or three goals the whole time until eventually the whole set will come together. It's kinda confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. :)

rene2222
06-16-13, 06:56 PM
I don't mind if it is a goal item rather than using gem to get it. But I guess it should be a gem thing.

TinksThots
06-16-13, 07:21 PM
I don't mind if it is a goal item rather than using gem to get it. But I guess it should be a gem thing.

They won't make it a goal item, that would mean having three sets of goals going on at the same time, and it's rare enough to have two sets come out in one month. It'll be for a chunk of gems, or in a box. :)

jdelvalle1
06-17-13, 06:46 AM
Very nice, I have an asian theme, but it's nice that after the last goals & with these new things I could completely redecorate my restaurant lol. That said I'm probably not buying it, but I'm sure a lot of players will be happy with this, it's very well done :)

cherryberry9
06-17-13, 08:38 AM
Very nice, I have an asian theme, but it's nice that after the last goals & with these new things I could completely redecorate my restaurant lol. That said I'm probably not buying it, but I'm sure a lot of players will be happy with this, it's very well done :)

I wish they could've done goals with the Asian theme. Some nice items could've come out of that.

CuteTali
06-17-13, 12:01 PM
I wish they could've done goals with the Asian theme. Some nice items could've come out of that.

They've already done asian theme goals, remember Action Chef goals? I'm sick and tired of asian theme in restaurant story.

supersamdiner
06-17-13, 09:01 PM
They've already done asian theme goals, remember Action Chef goals? I'm sick and tired of asian theme in restaurant story.
Ya the fusion cart and the fusion sashimi drive me crazy!!!!! I think there should be a Southern theme with fried chicken, sweet tea, cornbread, fried catfish, etc.(ie soul food).

CuteTali
06-17-13, 11:12 PM
Ya the fusion cart and the fusion sashimi drive me crazy!!!!! I think there should be a Southern theme with fried chicken, sweet tea, cornbread, fried catfish, etc.(ie soul food).

Or an Italian theme, there's a lot that can be done there in RS.

Oliver118
06-17-13, 11:33 PM
You could have a funky disco theme. I have some ideas for that.
Funky Disco ball
Flashy dancefloor tile
Party girls
DJ
Funky Disco table
Funky Disco chair
Groove counter
Stereo wallpaper
Dance Drink Machine
Funky Cocktail
Nightclub smoothie
Lime delight

carabellexo
06-18-13, 03:19 AM
Or an Italian theme, there's a lot that can be done there in RS.

You could have a funky disco theme. I have some ideas for that.
Funky Disco ball
Flashy dancefloor tile
Party girls
DJ
Funky Disco table
Funky Disco chair
Groove counter
Stereo wallpaper
Dance Drink Machine
Funky Cocktail
Nightclub smoothie
Lime delight

I really love these ideas!! :)

jopazz
06-18-13, 06:30 AM
I totally think they should let the community vote on a new theme, and then actually implement it. Off the top of my head I could probably think of 5 different ones I'd like to see.

I did like the cruise ship story line, but not big on the surfer girl thing for some reason. I can't really see that being in a restaurant, but maybe....I hope this update has more items that mesh with last week's.

06-18-13, 05:11 PM
A box. Boo! Why do they always use blue/yellow I'n virtually everything?

Are we in primary school?!

bigbux3
06-18-13, 06:02 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2s7gapy.jpg

Wind down those warm Summer nights with a sea-worthy meal. Your customers will be hooked on the Anchor Dessert Platter in Restaurant Story!

Make waves with these other amazing items:

Midnight Jacuzzi
Lounge Chair
Ship Wheel
Cruise Playground

Looks like a box. I love these items though! I just hope there's some cool store items.

bigbux3
06-18-13, 06:04 PM
A box. Boo! Why do they always use blue/yellow I'n virtually everything?

Are we in primary school?!

Whoops, I hadn't even seen this post.

OnCloudDivine
06-18-13, 06:37 PM
Umm, I hate to mention the elephant in the room but...what's with the white elephant?

06-18-13, 06:45 PM
Umm, I hate to mention the elephant in the room but...what's with the white elephant?

What? You've never seen an elephant when you've gone swimming?! I find that hard to believe, they're everywhere! :rolleyes:

kylebusch
06-18-13, 06:49 PM
nice!!!! gems though

bigbux3
06-18-13, 07:01 PM

Lol.

Personally, I think TeamLava is running out of ideas for content to put in Restaurant Story and Bakery Story. Anything goes in a restaurant and a bakery these days, according to TeamLava.
Maybe they can solve these problems if they actually made the items we suggested. Isn't that one of the reasons why we even have a forum and why there's even a "Suggestion Thread."

I've never seen a mini elephant in a restaurant... neither a jacuzzi or... most of the items, but I like some of those items. Just not an elephant.
Some of the content TeamLava is designing for new boxes aren't even worth 24 gems. Some are also worth more.

But I'm hoping they offer these items in the Market.

bobbyrae
06-18-13, 07:05 PM
What? You've never seen an elephant when you've gone swimming?! I find that hard to believe, they're everywhere! :rolleyes:

Especially when you go swimming in a restaurant! D'oh! :rolleyes:

iwnt2play
06-18-13, 07:50 PM

I think the elephant is a "towel animal" that some fancy hotels (& possibly cruise ships) leave on the beds of patrons. It's origami for towels, so cute!

CuteTali
06-18-13, 09:38 PM
I really hope the surfer girl is out of the box for a limited time; don't care much for the rest.

bigbux3
06-18-13, 09:50 PM
I think the elephant is a "towel animal" that some fancy hotels (& possibly cruise ships) leave on the beds of patrons. It's origami for towels, so cute!

Then why isn't it on a table or something?

minidemon88
06-19-13, 01:04 AM
The rooftop on the Midnight Jacuzzi looks like a Umbrella Corporation logo minus the white and red colors. I guess the designers must have been watching too much movies lately. :p

Most likely it's a box item updates this week. So nothing for me to splurge this week, unless they decide to make it available out of box instead. I think the white elephant looks alright. Usually you can see them as a statue nearby a swimming pool or in some hotels where they place those towel animals on the bed.

mjauuuu
06-19-13, 03:13 AM
I'm dissapointed about these items being in a box no doubt, but IF they'd put it out for a limited time then I would be extremely happy and def willing to buy some gems and splurge! lol

cherryberry9
06-19-13, 09:21 AM
I'm dissapointed about these items being in a box no doubt, but IF they'd put it out for a limited time then I would be extremely happy and def willing to buy some gems and splurge! lol

I'd do that as well. I'm just not about paying real money and than getting something you might not even want.

bigbux3
06-19-13, 10:20 AM
I'd do that as well. I'm just not about paying real money and than getting something you might not even want.

That's exactly what TeamLava wants us to do though. They want us to keep buying gems so they can get money and so you can at least attempt at a higher rank item, which many of us probably will never get. *I raise my hand*

iCenturial
06-19-13, 10:23 AM
Looks pretty cool!

LalaSmooth
06-19-13, 10:29 AM
i got no gems but i want all the items cos im tryna make my restaurant summery

carabellexo
06-19-13, 10:32 AM
Yeah it's a box. No LTO items yet.

LalaSmooth
06-19-13, 10:39 AM
no new recipes either

06-19-13, 10:42 AM
I couldn't help myself. Had 25 gems and tried once. I got the anchor dessert pray. It's a 2x2 3rd place prize. It's cute, so I won't complain. Better than the elephant or towel tray.

minidemon88
06-19-13, 10:47 AM
Normally I'll get so excited to checkout the updates whenever I saw someone mentioned the updates is out. But I'm not this time round. :(

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:53 AM
Oh dear, I'll never get this stuff:(

mjauuuu
06-19-13, 10:57 AM
Ugh. A box, typical. Not going to bother to open this one. Would have gladely bought the stuff if it was offered as items outside the box. It's a shame TL you could make so much more money if you would satisfy both the box openers and the ones that only buy items from the store. You could at least offer these items out of box for a limited time!

bigbux3
06-19-13, 10:58 AM
I couldn't help myself. Had 25 gems and tried once. I got the anchor dessert pray. It's a 2x2 3rd place prize. It's cute, so I won't complain. Better than the elephant or towel tray.

Does this honestly look like a 3rd place item? Does it, to you, seem worth 24 gems?

bigbux3
06-19-13, 11:00 AM
OMG! I JUST GOT THE MIDNIGHT JACUZZI! It's 2nd prize. I REALLY wanted it! :)

bigbux3
06-19-13, 11:05 AM
...And then I got the towel elephant. I knew I should've stopped buying... :(

minidemon88
06-19-13, 11:06 AM
OMG! I JUST GOT THE MIDNIGHT JACUZZI! It's 2nd prize. I REALLY wanted it! :)

Congratulation! :)

bigbux3
06-19-13, 11:10 AM
Congratulation! :)

Thank you! :)

Out of all the times I bought from boxes, I have never gotten a 2nd place or 1st place item... unless I bought them straight out of the Market when they were offered.

06-19-13, 11:15 AM
Thank you! :)

Out of all the times I bought from boxes, I have never gotten a 2nd place or 1st place item... unless I bought them straight out of the Market when they were offered.

Congrats! Can you post a pic of it for us please? Hmmm, the table looks like a 15 gem prize. I won't complain because on this Id's restaurant I got a lamppost. A lamppost people!!!!!!!!! It looks like the white coin lamp we already have, with two circle .99 cent store light bulbs on each side. Disgusting!

bigbux3
06-19-13, 11:41 AM
Congrats! Can you post a pic of it for us please? Hmmm, the table looks like a 15 gem prize. I won't complain because on this Id's restaurant I got a lamppost. A lamppost people!!!!!!!!! It looks like the white coin lamp we already have, with two circle .99 cent store light bulbs on each side. Disgusting!

Can you post a picture of the Lamppost as well?

Here's the Midnight Jacuzzi.
http://i43.tinypic.com/b6tvyr.jpg

Personally I think they could've made it bigger. Look at how much space it has:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2nc466x.png

And if you look closely, it looks like the girl has 2 ears.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2dth7t.jpg

And I notice, there's only 1 guy and 3 girls. Hmmm...
But I still love it anyway! :)

minidemon88
06-19-13, 12:03 PM
LOL! bigbux3 you even zoomed in to take a closer look. XD I'm guessing that's a ribbon not a ear instead. I took a closer look and it should be 2 girls and 2 guys. :p

So I'm guessing the indoor flow is the first prize item?

06-19-13, 12:05 PM
Can you post a picture of the Lamppost as well?

Here's the Midnight Jacuzzi.
http://i43.tinypic.com/b6tvyr.jpg

Personally I think they could've made it bigger. Look at how much space it has:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2nc466x.png

And if you look closely, it looks like the girl has 2 ears.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2dth7t.jpg

And I notice, there's only 1 guy and 3 girls. Hmmm...
But I still love it anyway! :)

Ok....you head straight to the corner for that comment young man! Hahahahaha! Yeah, some wonky is going on with her ears. I just wish it wasnt all so blue and yellow. The items are interchange with the swedish box stuff. I'm not embarrassed to show the prize I got. It should warn others of its hideous nature. 24 gems for a lamp!

bigbux3
06-19-13, 12:21 PM
Ok....you head straight to the corner for that comment young man! Hahahahaha! Yeah, some wonky is going on with her ears. I just wish it wasnt all so blue and yellow. The items are interchange with the swedish box stuff. I'm not embarrassed to show the prize I got. It should warn others of its hideous nature. 24 gems for a lamp!

Hahaha. Sorry.
Well, both of her ears are in the wrong place anyways.

If you don't mind, I'll take a picture of your lamp post and post it on the forums...

06-19-13, 12:24 PM
Sniff, you can post it! It's hard doing anything on that tiny iPod. It's horrendous isnt it? The nerve!

bigbux3
06-19-13, 12:30 PM
LOL! bigbux3 you even zoomed in to take a closer look. XD I'm guessing that's a ribbon not a ear instead. I took a closer look and it should be 2 girls and 2 guys. :p

So I'm guessing the indoor flow is the first prize item?

I promise you, that ear shaped thing with the 3 half oval shapes is an ear. But it's too far back and too low to be an ear.
If that's a bow, I'm not sure how it's staying in her hair. It's also similar in color to her "ear"

And there's only 1 guy in that jacuzzi. The rest are girls.

bigbux3
06-19-13, 12:32 PM
Sniff, you can post it! It's hard doing anything on that tiny iPod. It's horrendous isnt it? The nerve!

When you said Lamp Post, I was expecting a lamp post. Not a post that holds light bulbs...
http://i42.tinypic.com/21eqli.jpg

It's not that bad. It's just really big.

I like your restaurant, by the way.

bigbux3
06-19-13, 12:59 PM
Has anyone gotten that Bronze colored table with the ice on top, yet?

Rainstorms45
06-19-13, 02:42 PM
wow I had 28 gems saved up and got the Midnight Jacuzzi.... no I have to

Rainstorms45
06-19-13, 03:04 PM
Find room in my store for it.... it sooo does not match anything in it....

meme1098
06-19-13, 03:11 PM
Well, the black haired person looks kinda like a male to me. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

bigbux3
06-19-13, 03:12 PM
Well, the black haired person looks kinda like a male to me. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
It's a girl. I've seen that avatar before in female clothing.

PRNpny637
06-19-13, 03:40 PM
Love the idea for southern food I think it's perfect for summertime. It's almost 4th of July it'd be a good fit.

igames4me
06-19-13, 04:58 PM
<<<<<this account got on first try the cruise playground which is 2nd place

On main account got the the lamp ughh
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p697/igames4me/5B70E150-55B5-441D-8D63-CCF2A358A8B1-678-0000008B01297711_zps77097996.jpg

bigbux3
06-19-13, 05:01 PM
<<<<<this account got on first try the cruise playground which is 2nd place

On main account got the the lamp ughh
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p697/igames4me/5B70E150-55B5-441D-8D63-CCF2A358A8B1-678-0000008B01297711_zps77097996.jpg

Wow! I actually really love this!!

Has anyone seen that Bronze table that has a cruise ship looking ice sculpture on it? If so, what is it called? And can someone post a picture?

petunia512
06-19-13, 08:20 PM
It's called the cruise sculpture. I got it I like it. Also got the towel elephant and don't know why everyone is hating on him he's cute. Not worth 24 gems but that's the box game80218021

cherryberry9
06-19-13, 09:29 PM
Almost all the items are great! Who has the first prize?

HNO3
06-19-13, 11:54 PM
Is it just me or does the ice table thingy look like a cruise ship shaped shot luge? :D

minidemon88
06-20-13, 12:12 AM
I promise you, that ear shaped thing with the 3 half oval shapes is an ear. But it's too far back and too low to be an ear.
If that's a bow, I'm not sure how it's staying in her hair. It's also similar in color to her "ear"

And there's only 1 guy in that jacuzzi. The rest are girls.

Only the designers will know the truth. I guess we can only continue guessing. LOL!

I couldn't resist and went on opened a box. Got a lounge chair, 3rd prize item. Boo! :(

helpfaq
06-20-13, 03:59 AM
Only the designers will know the truth. I guess we can only continue guessing. LOL!

I couldn't resist and went on opened a box. Got a lounge chair, 3rd prize item. Boo! :(

I've never brought a box with gems before. Do they only give you one item? I always thought you got a few items.

maguar
06-20-13, 04:35 AM
I've never brought a box with gems before. Do they only give you one item? I always thought you got a few items.

You only get one item each time. If you open a box multiple times you can end up with duplicate items.

freesiawoods
06-20-13, 05:06 AM
Anyone got the deck chair? Is it just one chair cos it would look strange. Anyway not getting this box cos many items are not attractive, especially that lamp post!

diverDestiny
06-20-13, 06:52 AM
I just got the deck chair. It's only ONE. Not even a set of 4 or 6 chairs. I wish this was an open box because I love the Cruise Ship theme as I sell cruises.

lotuskat
06-20-13, 10:35 AM
Oh that Elephant is sooo cute! I'd name her Ellie! (^_^) But I have bad luck with boxes, so I'll have to skip on this one (;_; )

minidemon88
06-20-13, 11:18 AM
Anyone got the deck chair? Is it just one chair cos it would look strange. Anyway not getting this box cos many items are not attractive, especially that lamp post!

Me! Unfortunately, it only come with one chair. :( But I think it's still better than a 1x1 size deco. That lounge chair is 2x2 size.

StevenKevin
06-21-13, 07:22 AM
i opened the box... n obviously got the so called cruise lamp.... now i'm a cruise guy n i do wonder on what kind of ships designers have seen that.... thing.... so disappointed - just a waste of gems - there were so many more cruise-related items to design :(((

Rainstorms45
06-21-13, 10:14 AM
It looks kinds like a lego lamp... the stoves also reminds me of lego pieces....

Rainstorms45
06-21-13, 10:16 AM
Kinda** I need a edit button.....

diverDestiny
06-21-13, 05:57 PM
Sad I can't get the items I want On second try i got the table with fruit.