PDA

View Full Version : Can mystery boxes give you repeat items?

kianebakes
06-14-13, 10:42 AM
I'd like to try the mystery boxes but am worried about getting a repeat item. Does it do that? If I play twice am I going to get the same thing? Thanks.

CruiserBobs
06-14-13, 11:22 AM
Yes, it could give you the same thing.

kianebakes
06-14-13, 11:26 AM
Yes, it could give you the same thing.

Thank you!

06-14-13, 12:23 PM
And it's annoying, let me tell you. Especially if the items are smaller than a flea.

jaggz83
06-14-13, 03:27 PM
And it's annoying, let me tell you. Especially if the items are smaller than a flea.

Lol wow...I used the mystery box before...lets just say I will never do that again...total waste. My gems go to completing goals I may not feel like waiting for.

maguar
06-14-13, 05:28 PM
Check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48637-Bakery-Master-Box-List) with the items for the boxes so you can see the potential prizes.

cherryberry9
06-14-13, 06:01 PM
Yes, unfortunately. In RS I got multiple seashell couches trying for the tiki booth.

esse318
06-14-13, 07:56 PM
I'd like to try the mystery boxes but am worried about getting a repeat item. Does it do that? If I play twice am I going to get the same thing? Thanks.

i recommend choosing a box with 4th place items that is acceptable. i bought cake n tea box for five times with no repeats. it gave me all four 4th place items but one 1st place. so if u stop once u get all the 4th place, it should be save :)

kianebakes
06-14-13, 11:23 PM
i recommend choosing a box with 4th place items that is acceptable. i bought cake n tea box for five times with no repeats. it gave me all four 4th place items but one 1st place. so if u stop once u get all the 4th place, it should be save :)

Thanks for the advice! That was the box I was interested in because like you said, it's the only one where 4th place items aren't embarrassing. Except for Miss Confectionary. I wouldn't know what to do if I got two in a row and nothing else!

Thank you too to everyone for their input. Wish I could edit the thread title. Sorry for the grammar error.

maguar
06-14-13, 11:33 PM
Is the title better now?

kianebakes
06-14-13, 11:39 PM
Is the title better now?

O my gosh! Thank you!! It was driving me nuts. Thank you again!

nightshine7
06-16-13, 05:33 AM
You really take your chances with the Mystery Boxes. There needs to be some way to see if the item fits into your bakery or not before it takes away from your gems. I got the Winter Cake but it's way too big...sitting in storage. A while back ago I got a Sword in Stone. Was very disappointed in it's size. Guess what I got in a Mystery Box recently...yep, a Sword in Stone! I'm one who purchases gems from time to time and have really cut back on buying gems due to these issues.

cherryberry9
06-16-13, 10:31 AM
You really take your chances with the Mystery Boxes. There needs to be some way to see if the item fits into your bakery or not before it takes away from your gems. I got the Winter Cake but it's way too big...sitting in storage. A while back ago I got a Sword in Stone. Was very disappointed in it's size. Guess what I got in a Mystery Box recently...yep, a Sword in Stone! I'm one who purchases gems from time to time and have really cut back on buying gems due to these issues.

We just never get items we like. If we even have our eye on a 4th prize like the white fireplace in RS, we just never get it.

kianebakes
06-17-13, 03:28 AM
This is the trend I've noticed: First two will be 4th place prizes, then it'll be a third place (even if you switch boxes). Maybe it's behaving better now but I think it remembers what 4th place prize you got and gives you a different one. This isn't fact, of course and I haven't bought hundreds to collect accurate data. Also don't know how this plays out if you only buy one box once in a while. I bought a couple every day and this is what I noticed.

Bakemoo
06-18-13, 03:27 AM
I've been working on the picnic basket box. So far I've gotten the butterfly teapot, butterfly basket, apple basket. (least favorite), teapot again, lemon platter, then a third teapot. All are forth place prizes. It's pretty disappointing because I don't buy gems, so it's just a grind of mastering 24 recipes over and over again trying for those elusive first and second place prizes. =P
Keep at it if you really want something, just plan ahead for possible multiples of the fourth place items. My place is flooded with butterflies....