PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Keeps Crashing

kaejer
06-13-13, 08:02 PM
Hey there,

Ever since the update of the battle arena and quests has been introduced to my game, it crashes almost constantly. 3/4 of the time when I start a quest, the game crashes and resets me collecting my previous quest. It basically takes 10-15 minutes just to collect from a quest then start a new quest because it keeps crashing and resetting my progress. At this point I'm basically not even doing quests and battle arena stuff anymore, because it's a massive waste of my time.

Is there something I can do to fix this (iPhone 3GS)?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Is there a way to submit crash reports?

Thanks in advance!

maguar
06-14-13, 04:18 AM
Are you playing on the original version or new dawn? If you're playing on new dawn try the original instead.

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 04:37 AM
Are you playing on the original version or new dawn? If you're playing on new dawn try the original instead.

Lol! He said he can start quest! So! He must be play on original version
Also, he's on IOS, for what he uses new dawn?

maguar
06-14-13, 04:47 AM
Some people used original then went to new dawn. They have the new buildings but I think this can cause issues if a dragon is on a quest.

kaejer
06-14-13, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the replies,

I'm playing the original game - I don't even know where to download New Dawn from the app store.

knj00
06-14-13, 06:22 AM
I don't even know where to download New Dawn from the app store.

You can't find it in the app store anymore. Besides it's useless for iOS, only Kindle has lower feeding prices in ND (I think).

I know how you feel on the crashing though... mine has been crashing a lot since the update.

kooky panda
06-14-13, 07:58 AM
Hey there,

Ever since the update of the battle arena and quests has been introduced to my game, it crashes almost constantly. 3/4 of the time when I start a quest, the game crashes and resets me collecting my previous quest. It basically takes 10-15 minutes just to collect from a quest then start a new quest because it keeps crashing and resetting my progress. At this point I'm basically not even doing quests and battle arena stuff anymore, because it's a massive waste of my time.

Is there something I can do to fix this (iPhone 3GS)?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Is there a way to submit crash reports?

Thanks in advance!

Older devices may have issues playing the game, and you may see more issues as more features are added. Make sure you restart your device before playing to close out any applications running in the background.
Also check and make sure you have the most current software version for your iphone.

tuskmage
06-14-13, 10:42 AM
Older devices may have issues playing the game, and you may see more issues as more features are added. Make sure you restart your device before playing to close out any applications running in the background.
Also check and make sure you have the most current software version for your iphone.

Do you know if there's a way that we could roll back to 1.4 Kooky? Becasue 1.4 handle the game really well will all the feature.1.5 really has lots of crashing issue especially if our island is fully expended also if we try to visit fully expended island :mad:.

DragonLady1955
06-14-13, 11:11 AM
I play on kindle and I am about to quit. It crashes every time I try to visit neighbors. To think I paid money makes me sick.

mymummy789
06-14-13, 01:19 PM

If that is really the case, then they should consider giving us "older device" users the choice of having these add-ons or not. Much as I love the quests and battles, I am having constant crashing issues since both were added to my game, and I don't want to be faced with the position of having to stop playing because I cannot afford to buy a more up-to-date device to play on :(

TinksThots
06-14-13, 05:44 PM
If that is really the case, then they should consider giving us "older device" users the choice of having these add-ons or not. Much as I love the quests and battles, I am having constant crashing issues since both were added to my game, and I don't want to be faced with the position of having to stop playing because I cannot afford to buy a more up-to-date device to play on :(

Ditto. 2nd gen Ipod here. It takes me 3-4 times longer than it should to do what I'm trying to do because of all the crashing, reloading, and waiting, and mine was already doing that when I was just trying to plant, feed, breed, etc. I don't even bother trying to do the quests most of the time, unless I'm just feeling really stubborn. :(

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 05:50 PM
Do you know if there's a way that we could roll back to 1.4 Kooky? Becasue 1.4 handle the game really well will all the feature.1.5 really has lots of crashing issue especially if our island is fully expended also if we try to visit fully expended island :mad:.

I know, maybe

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 05:55 PM
Just wanna say, don't update to IOS 7!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53716-DO-NOT-UPDATE-TO-iOS-7!

hamadrys
06-14-13, 06:05 PM
Force closing issues are much more frequent for me too. I actually start crashing on my own island, when I put 2 dragons in the breeding den or if I collect coins. It is not that frequent yet, but it happens. Also, the visiting of islands has many crashing issues, and totally random. I can visit Ios islands, 3 or 4 in a row and crash on an Android neighbor who is level 11.
Playing Fair Tales version.

kaejer
06-14-13, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the update. I had been closing apps frequently, but I hadn't restarted my phone in a while. Shutting it down and bringing it back up helped a lot. It hasn't crashed so far yet.

mymummy789
06-15-13, 02:38 AM
I close all other apps before starting DS, and I have done a hard restart on my ipod 4. Also removed almost all the decoration from my island. Nothing makes any difference anymore. My game crashes at least twice whilst I go round my islands doing what needs to be done. I don't visit neighbours because it is not worth the hassle.

I really think that Teamlava should consider reducing the amount of animation in this game. I really wouldn't mind if my dragons weren't moving so much if it meant I could play my game properly. I am amazed that they are allowed to make a game that is so unplayable, to be honest. None of the other games I play on my ipod have problems like this one does.

HenryLucky1
06-15-13, 02:44 AM
Force closing issues are much more frequent for me too. I actually start crashing on my own island, when I put 2 dragons in the breeding den or if I collect coins. It is not that frequent yet, but it happens. Also, the visiting of islands has many crashing issues, and totally random. I can visit Ios islands, 3 or 4 in a row and crash on an Android neighbor who is level 11.
Playing Fair Tales version.

Don't think TL will do something, it's android major problem (you're on android, right?)

TinksThots
06-15-13, 04:38 AM
Don't think TL will do something, it's android major problem (you're on android, right?)

Don't know about them, but mine's a RAM problem. Does OS make a difference there? I don't really know...

HenryLucky1
06-15-13, 04:48 AM
Don't know about them, but mine's a RAM problem. Does OS make a difference there? I don't really know...

Not OS, but the problem are the game and hardwares