PDA

View Full Version : Maximum number of items

srg70
06-13-13, 05:06 PM
I have been playing FS for about a month. I know with BS there is a layout strategy etc. I read in a recent posting that there isn't one in FS.

My question is, is there a maximum number of items that sell in a day like in BS?

cherryberry9
06-13-13, 05:16 PM
Good Question. I would like to know as well.

jojopeanut
06-14-13, 08:48 PM
I think it's 300 per day, per rack & counter.

nky1111
06-15-13, 12:24 PM
no it's about 800 per day per rack/counter. and some items sometimes sell at double that rate.
there seems to be no limit like in BS, at least it's a very large number and cannot be reached by normal playing (without ordering red silk tunics 24 hours non stop or buying 200 slots lol)

sapphirecross
06-15-13, 03:37 PM
Your layout can help you sell more if you have most/all racks accessible and easy to get to. There are hot and cold streaks in FS - kinda project runway - some items are "in" and sell like crazy for a while, up to a few days, and some items can be out and sell like slugs. The average is around 34-37 sales per rack/counter per hour. The layout of your shop possibly has an affect here, as far as having the mirrors and dressing rooms very close to racks and counters, not just in one area of your shop. Hot streak items can sell 40-50 an hour, cold items can drop in the 20s. Most of the time 800 per day is what you need to not sell out, but if an item goes popular, you'll sell over 1k in a day.

sapphirecross
06-15-13, 03:40 PM
Oh, I don't mean that you just sell more if you have more racks and counters - but you might sell 36 an hour instead of 34 from each, that kind of thing. It's a very subtle small difference, and I don't know what affects it, but pathing is important in FS.

sapphirecross
06-15-13, 03:51 PM
Like for instance, I have 2-3 doors in my shop most of the time, with an area I can block off so each door opens to it's own section or remove the item and it's one big shop. Changing nothing else in the shop, my sales are higher when the whole shop is open. Stuff sells faster. I've also noticed if I build up thousands on a rack - but NOT by blocking the door, just by mass ordering to master, that I seem to get some racks with high qty selling slow and other racks selling out, so I changed my ordering strategy to try to stay below 4k per r/c. The nice thing is that I can redecorate my whole shop changing out all the racks/counters in a couple days.

sapphirecross
06-15-13, 04:25 PM
The trick to the game is the balancing act between 2 and 5 coin items, and ordering a lot of high quantity stuff. So for instance the princess bride gowns - over 1300 is about a day and a half worth of items. The shoes & rings are 800, 900 - so if you want the whole outfit gone about the same time, use 2 racks of the dresses and one each of rings and shoes. Most outfits are like that - there is at least one item almost double the qty - usually that sells for 2coins and another low qty for 5coins. You make about the same with using 2 order slots to keep a 5 coin item in stock as using 2 order slots to keep two 2coin items in stock. Well, the 2 r/c of 2 coin stuff does better - about 50 coins more per hour, figuring in the restocking cost. It adds up over time, but it's not huge, and it equalizes the game for players who can only log in 1-2 times per day and those who are on often. Best game design I've ever seen for both casual and hardcore gameplay.

Oh, of course, if you order the sequin tops i.e. they only take 4 hours and give you one rack that will last all day, so if you are able to open the game every 4 hours, that one order slot can potentially give you at least 4 full racks - the princess shoes give you max one full counter per day. But if you order 5 slots of sequin tops, 4x per day, you'll master them in less than a week and get no more gems from them. So max sales will always go to gem buyers who buy more slots, or to those who don't care much about getting gems from the outfits and can reorder mastered stuff - gem buyers. Of all the story games, you really get the most for your money buying gems in FS, IMO.

srg70
06-23-13, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all the information. It was really helpful.:)

ImBabieBunnie
06-24-13, 11:56 AM
Ive only been playing a few months and I noticed that if I have all my counters and racks full I get about $5k an hour. Thats the highest I have been able to make so far per hour. Also if I make sure my racks and counters are all full before heading to bed for the night about 7 hours of sleep I sell about $50k per night. So I just try to keep everything fully stocked which is a challenge in itself.