PDA

View Full Version : Which Android device works best

BettyJoPeters
06-13-13, 01:04 PM
I need to upgrade. I need a device that can handle fully loaded islands without force closing, throwing me out of the game! Need you alls suggestions. I have a GalaxyS3 but afraid the S4 won't be any better. Thanks you guys (ツ)

[S8] Elsa
06-13-13, 01:39 PM
The Galaxy S3 meets the requirements of the game. By "fully loaded" do you mean Islands with fully expanded boards with plenty of decorations and Dragons?

vickielea
06-13-13, 02:43 PM
I play on a Toshiba Thrive tablet. I've been playing for over a year. I play DS,BS, RS, FS (download for gems, gold, play a little then delete). I have very little force closing. It mostly occurs when there is a new version just released. It does settle down in a few hours or a day. I love my tablet. I owned an ipad, the 1st one. I hated it n sold it after a few months. I hope this helps. :-)

tuskmage
06-13-13, 02:58 PM
Can't tell you which is the best Android device for the games. But I know my Samsung Galaxy note II can't handle my fully expanded island anymore :mad: Lots of crash and can't visit fully expended island neighbors. :mad:.

wayneh23
06-13-13, 04:16 PM
i am using the galaxy s4 and i have no issues anymore with anything in this game, maybe a little tiny bit of lag when collecting coins.

HenryLucky1
06-13-13, 07:41 PM
My aunt use Google Nexus 7, and there's no problem except the game will closed after visit many neighbors

kurebiz
06-13-13, 08:08 PM
S3 is relatively new and should work alright, except maybe when visiting heavily decorated islands (might crash after a few visits). I'm using a HTC one X+ (got it when it was just released in nov) and it crashes when visiting but apart from that, I don't have any problems with the game.

harrysatchel2112
06-13-13, 08:57 PM
Droid Incredible, almost 3 years old... lol you do not even want to know, restarts for every single thing i do, cant visit neighbors over level 10, have to send mystic maps 1 at a time between resets, its a good thing i am patient and its a good game

amicacordis
06-13-13, 10:41 PM
Samsung Galaxy S4!!! I updated my phone recently and Dragon Story runs smoothly, no more restarting :)

Rachael98
06-14-13, 12:38 AM
I have an Xperia Z and it's the most amazing thing ever

In addition to being waterproof and handling "phone" aspects (contacts, etc.) wonderfully, the graphics are beautiful and clear and the TL games work perfectly on it.

AlisinChanes
06-14-13, 01:43 AM
I play TL games on both my droid cell and tablet. The experience is much better on tablet of coarse. Especially with DS graphics. I didn't realize how much detail I'd been missing! TL has really put a lot into some of the dragons and habitats. I have a Nexus 10 tablet and rarely ever have force closing with any games. I play DS, RS, FS, BS & PSS on it. I'm upgrading phones very soon too and have been wanting a galaxy note 2 but the note 3 is coming very soon also. I'll probably wait a bit and watch reviews on the 3, I love the phablets! I do more with games and media in general on both my cell & tablet, which can hog up space. So that's one of the first things I check on new devices. The more space it has, the better games & media will function. Good luck!

BettyJoPeters
06-14-13, 02:20 AM
thanks everyone! Appreciate your input. Now to decide! (ツ)

dseudr
06-14-13, 02:47 AM
Hello there! I'm posting from an s3, my main driver right now. I'd like to mention that you shouldn't let dragon story be your main determining factor for choosing the phone, as the way that DS is run is actually entirely not optimized for android phones. Take a look at the beautiful 3D rendering tested by nvidia and Qualcomm (not to mention the Samsung exynos) and you'll see that these phones are capable of stunning graphics and performance. Sometimes my phone runs the game smoothly, sometimes there are problems (especially with visiting neighbours above level 120).

Okay long story short, DS doesn't run properly on android no matter what quad core or octa core processor you use, so don't let this game dictate what device you get. Cheers!

The_Real_Chris_B
06-14-13, 03:54 AM
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the game runs very smoothly. No force close, stutters, freezes, or anything like that. The Note 2 is a beast and still one of the most powerful phones at the moment.

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 04:34 AM
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the game runs very smoothly. No force close, stutters, freezes, or anything like that. The Note 2 is a beast and still one of the most powerful phones at the moment.

Can't tell you which is the best Android device for the games. But I know my Samsung Galaxy note II can't handle my fully expanded island anymore :mad: Lots of crash and can't visit fully expended island neighbors. :mad:.

Hmm, which one true? Hey Chris, you should add tuskmage and visit her! Look if there's something happen :)

The_Real_Chris_B
06-15-13, 08:13 AM
Hmm, which one true? Hey Chris, you should add tuskmage and visit her! Look if there's something happen :)

Well, my island isn't fully expanded at all. I'm only at level 19, almost level 20 and am still on the first area with a little less than half of it to clear out. I've yet to see a fully expanded island but the ones that are over half expanded don't give me problems at all. And that's with Internet, YouTube, Restaurant Story and Sims Freeplay running in the background.

To the person who's having trouble with lag on the Note 2, did you try turning off Power Saving?

I have Power Saving on so my phone isn't even using full power. Maybe the difference has something to do with our carriers? I'm on Verizon 4G LTE.

HenryLucky1
06-15-13, 08:19 AM
Well, my island isn't fully expanded at all. I'm only at level 19, almost level 20 and am still on the first area with a little less than half of it to clear out. I've yet to see a fully expanded island but the ones that are over half expanded don't give me problems at all. And that's with Internet, YouTube, Restaurant Story and Sims Freeplay running in the background.

To the person who's having trouble with lag on the Note 2, did you try turning off Power Saving?

I have Power Saving on so my phone isn't even using full power. Maybe the difference has something to do with our carriers? I'm on Verizon 4G LTE.
That person is a high level player, I think more than level 100. So, you know why she has that problem and you not :p (try to add her then she her island)

lotsahelp
06-16-13, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately whichever you get you still wont get cool stuff. Unless you go iphone

HenryLucky1
06-16-13, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately whichever you get you still wont get cool stuff. Unless you go iphone

However, S4 is better than iPhone 5