PDA

View Full Version : Best trees for "sap"???

jenj1971
06-13-13, 09:36 AM
Need to know your experiences with finding the best sap producing trees.
I used to do the pine trees and seemed to get a lot but they all seem to give just a little now.
Tips and suggestions welcome :)
Also, I have 2 saw mills and hardly get any from them

jimboser
06-13-13, 11:51 AM
I remember on another thread it was indicated that all trees produce the same amount of sap. Now, that may have merely been a statement on the odds of getting a given amount of sap per tree were the same on all, not that each tree is guaranteed to produce X amount of sap.

I just collected from a saw mill moments ago and got 4 sap. I was happy.

There is discussion over on the Suggestions thread about a new tree that only drops sap, you harvest from it like a apple/orange/lemon tree, no chopping required. You may want to go +1 that. ;)

arale_norimaki
06-13-13, 12:06 PM
I confirm, TL stated 6 months ago in a thread started by maguar that all trees can produce the same amount of sap (meaning you have the same chances of getting some, for it is random). I can not quote the thread because it has been closed :)

catcrack
06-13-13, 01:43 PM
You would think the pine trees would be the winner here, I cut those for sap.

jimboser
06-13-13, 01:46 PM
Here's the post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41285-Tracking-Results-for-Living-Wood-and-Sap&p=474978&viewfull=1#post474978) on all trees being equal. Trees that get chopped for wood, that is. Apple/Orange/Lemon trees produce fruit, but no sap.