PDA

View Full Version : Need Rat Tails

doobydoo225
06-13-13, 04:19 AM
It seems most of my challenges right now involve rat tails. Has anyone developed ideas or have observations about the best ways to make skunkupines and lovecupines appear? They seem to have gone into hiding.

Thanks!

Deborah

Frosty_Wench
06-13-13, 05:20 AM
Sugar and wheat for skuncupines. I finally got enough pink furs to upgrade my spire to level 4 and I never want to see one of those pink demons again. I had to tend my valentines plants about 200 times just to make 7 lovecupines appear. At least with sugar and wheat you get something you can use if a skuncupine doesn't appear.

angela3737
06-13-13, 05:29 AM
Had the same problem ...i have 2 accounts ..my itouch account ( rays world )always had the valentine cow. I stopped collecting after the v version was swtiched back .. Well one day I collected it by accident , noticed I got the lovecupine.. Really needing rat tails, I started collecting more often from it. That seems to be my best spot for the rat tails ..I still collect from sugar and wheat ( try to collect 5-10 form farm whenever possible )...

So I now added a valentine cow ( craft from free gems ) on my main account / ipad ( angelas world )..that was rarely getting them ( even with 20 energy going to wheat / sugar )........first week really nothing ..almost gave up..past month I now get about 2 a day from collecting form v cow :) very happy I added him

angela3737
06-13-13, 05:30 AM
Typo ..Meant iPad account barely getting rat tails at first ( amazing 1 letter changes a word)

meme1098
06-13-13, 06:22 AM
As soon as something new comes out that require an item, they just seem to become the rarest of rare to get. Lots of drops have really been downgraded over the last few weeks as well. Really, Sir Pigglesworth, water? You're supposed to do way better than that.

arale_norimaki
06-13-13, 09:24 AM
To attract skunkupines, try harvesting corn, wheat, tomato, sugar cane. I plant lots of crops of one of them together and harvest them super fast (be careful with gem traps, you'd better plant your crops far from anything than can be sped up with gems!). This way I manage to get at least one beast but can get 4 per 12 crops harvested (I know the exact number because I use always the same area, lol!).

The second option is tending flowers. Again, I do it super fast and it usually does the trick. The problem with the flowers is that, depending on where you are in the game, petals may be pretty useless.

I sometimes get skunkupines from chopping trees, but this can be tricky as half of the time I get fangbeasts instead :mad:

As for lovecupines, valentine flowers, love spire, pink animals may attract them sometimes but I find it harder to force these fussycupines to show up ;)

That said, anyway you'll use a lot of energy to get a small reward, but that's the thing with rare elements, isn't it?

aimeeq
06-13-13, 10:46 AM
I use my pink cows and chicken along with wheat, but they are still hard to come by

Lilipipi
06-13-13, 11:37 AM
Lovecupines give more tails, especially if you are maxed on pink fur.

fino212
06-13-13, 04:08 PM
As soon as something new comes out that require an item, they just seem to become the rarest of rare to get. Lots of drops have really been downgraded over the last few weeks as well. Really, Sir Pigglesworth, water? You're supposed to do way better than that.

Tell me about it! Not only do the rats tails and mermaid scales seem to have gone into hiding but I'm sure my windmill hasn't given me any flour for ages and thurstons fort seems to have suddenly stopped dropping swords this last week. And the milk and eggs exchange for random food items has gotton stingey over this last few days as it hardly gives md anything compared to what it did before. Where's everything gone?

vchanhs
06-13-13, 04:13 PM
Tell me about it! Not only do the rats tails and mermaid scales seem to have gone into hiding but I'm sure my windmill hasn't given me any flour for ages and thurstons fort seems to have suddenly stopped dropping swords this last week. And the milk and eggs exchange for random food items has gotton stingey over this last few days as it hardly gives md anything compared to what it did before. Where's everything gone?
I think its to compensate for the increase in energy. More energy, less drops so things remain the same.

Queenzod
06-13-13, 06:29 PM
I think its to compensate for the increase in energy. More energy, less drops so things remain the same.

Yes, but some of us were already at 40, so it just seems like they're being stingy. Again.

maguar
06-14-13, 04:41 AM
Please see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49905-Skunkupines-are-going-extinct) on skunkupines