PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

[S8] Elsa
06-11-13, 06:20 PM
Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback so far. We appreciate it!

You can view this discussion's history here:
Part 1 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43532-Update-for-android)
Part 2 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45351-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-(continued))
Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49306-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-3)

Recap from the previous thread(s):

Developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. We're working to resolve the parity, but it takes more time due to the development process. We want to make sure we introduce features that include as many devices as possible.
We currently aren't able to provide a deadline to ensure that we don't present expectations that may not fall on a specific date/time. We rarely announce big feature updates or games prior to release, with the exception of our weekly teasers/content blogs.
The Android platform is supported. Any rumors stating otherwise are false information.
Players have said they would like to see more transparent updates or blogs about Android progress/updates.
Players have said they would like to be caught up before new features are implemented.
Players have said they would like simultaneous updates to all platforms.

Please be familiar with the forum rules & policies (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) and keep the thread constructive. If you have a question regarding a moderator action or would like to report a disruption, please submit a thread in Forum Disputes (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes).

Notice of increased moderation:
Please note this thread is under increased moderation. Repeat violations may receive increased disciplinary action for rule violations.

kurebiz
06-11-13, 09:12 PM
Can't we have more updates besides a copy paste of the first post?

lotsahelp
06-11-13, 09:18 PM
I really just want crafting and trading.....

HenryLucky1
06-11-13, 09:26 PM
Sorry that was a lot!!

Nope, it's very interesting to read :D

elektraalpha
06-11-13, 10:10 PM
I want crafting and trading and QUEST.

codenameraven
06-11-13, 10:17 PM
I want crafting and trading and QUEST.

I honestly don't care what they start with! Anything really!! One statement from tl that said: "we are crrently devoting all our efforts to bringing trading and crafting to android" the could even follow it with "when that is done we will then focus on quest outpost" or what ever order they want....notice how I worded that FOR them with NO Timeframe.(because we know we will never get a time frame...that has been made very clear)..but those words i used still give more promise than the answers we get now....

elektraalpha
06-11-13, 10:26 PM
Actually, I'm on a plan to get new smart phone. What I'm using is an outdate mobile while playing with android tablet. But the more I look at android phone spec and price compare to iphone. No one in right mind will choose iphone right now.

Divide those features into smaller goals and place priority is something that TL should do. I'm also a programmer. Thought I'm not in game industry, it's still the same for releasing new features to support users.

moostermine
06-11-13, 10:29 PM
Yep, we are! Any iOS player who would say they don't care what android get, they want more iOS items, would be a huge tool. We have the quest outpost and battle arena to keep us occupied for a while now. Even players who use gold to speed up the next battle , to get the levithian pearls couldn't say they wouldn't wait. And I'm one of them.

The samurai dragon parts will take a while to obtain. Even someone who has gotten it, could still do the adventures daily to see if they will gain gold, coins and food.

And lastly, I still think its a slap to the face of players, to put a smiley face next to a sentence saying you are still accepting feedback and suggestions. Android players aren't telling you something new to design for them. They are asking you to give them what WE (iOS players) already HAVE!
Thank you! I've always believed in this community, and it's really encouraging to hear it out loud! There have been more and more iOS players stepping up and speaking out here and it's wonderful to see!
What an awesome, positive way to start Part 4!

seoy8
06-11-13, 11:59 PM
True true. So when android is going to fix lags and give us new features? Tl didn't give us new feature but also give us lag and force close. I bet it properly Tl going to close DS on android for good.

seoy8
06-12-13, 12:03 AM
I honestly don't care what they start with! Anything really!! One statement from tl that said: "we are crrently devoting all our efforts to bringing trading and crafting to android" the could even follow it with "when that is done we will then focus on quest outpost" or what ever order they want....notice how I worded that FOR them with NO Timeframe.(because we know we will never get a time frame...that has been made very clear)..but those words i used still give more promise than the answers we get now....
I agree with u. As long I get new stuff and new features. I don't care what is it. I hope TL could understand how we felt for this situation

doop01
06-12-13, 02:55 AM

I'd be more than happy to start with the crashing and lagging issues. If they can't even fix that then what hope have we got of getting anything of substance? I don't think they have made any real effort at parity. It's time that some effort was put into the android/kindle game. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to offer a sub par app that doesn't function as they promised. And the fact that the advertisement for the game on Google Play states features that are not available is unacceptable. These things need to be addressed.

The_Real_Chris_B
06-12-13, 05:17 AM
I'd be more than happy to start with the crashing and lagging issues. If they can't even fix that then what hope have we got of getting anything of substance? I don't think they have made any real effort at parity. It's time that some effort was put into the android/kindle game. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to offer a sub par app that doesn't function as they promised. And the fact that the advertisement for the game on Google Play states features that are not available is unacceptable. These things need to be addressed.

Not only that, but in the Google Play Store description of Dragon Story, it says:

"Dragon Story is the BEST looking FREE dragon game for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!

The_Real_Chris_B
06-12-13, 05:20 AM
Sorry to double post but I'm posting from my phone and it was screwing up. As a continuation from my above post:

Seriously? They couldn't be bothered to change or remove that? It's on the Google Play Store. I'm sure a little editing of text can't be too difficult.

peteparcon
06-12-13, 05:28 AM
It's probably the best on apple's app store but not on google's play store. ;)

The_Real_Chris_B
06-12-13, 05:34 AM
Lol, maybe. Or maybe it is too difficult to change the text in which case all hopes of parity is lost. :eek:

yayacupcake
06-12-13, 07:24 AM
Nice to see part 4 with once again ** gasps ** a copy / pasta of part 2... not a single update or word.

So yeah, make sure you rate all versions of the dragon story app appropriately and mark the helpful / unhelpful / spam where it applies. Best thing we can do is make sure that everyone sees what the android version is lacking.

doop01
06-12-13, 12:47 PM
lol, maybe. Or maybe it is too difficult to change the text in which case all hopes of parity is lost. :eek:

lol :)

MomsHouseofSweets
06-12-13, 03:58 PM
It's probably the best on apple's app store but not on google's play store. ;)

What is? Not sure of what you mean.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-12-13, 04:57 PM
What is? Not sure of what you mean.

Never mind ... I see and understand it now.

[S8] Elsa
06-12-13, 05:13 PM
Not only that, but in the Google Play Store description of Dragon Story, it says:

"Dragon Story is the BEST looking FREE dragon game for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!

Thank you for the report. The text has been updated. This only affected the text for Dragon Story: Fairy Tales.

kurebiz
06-12-13, 05:13 PM
Nice to see part 4 with once again ** gasps ** a copy / pasta of part 2... not a single update or word.

So yeah, make sure you rate all versions of the dragon story app appropriately and mark the helpful / unhelpful / spam where it applies. Best thing we can do is make sure that everyone sees what the android version is lacking.

The last time I checked the reviews for fairytale, I think most ppl know what's lacking by now.. but they continue to rate it highly.

codenameraven
06-12-13, 05:30 PM
Thank you for the report. The text has been updated. This only affected the text for Dragon Story: Fairy Tales.

They fixed the text...but not the parity.... hmmmm

jennyh30
06-13-13, 05:22 AM
So annoying how slow android is. Keep getting message "activity dragon story (in application dragon story) is not responding". I've been trying to put a breeding in for 20 minutes and it just doesn't work. I don't even care about getting the features iOS have, they would just make it crash even more. I would give up and just used main account which is ios but I have a diamond and am determined to get the hybrids

moostermine
06-13-13, 05:26 AM
So annoying how slow android is. Keep getting message "activity dragon story (in application dragon story) is not responding". I've been trying to put a breeding in for 20 minutes and it just doesn't work. I don't even care about getting the features iOS have, they would just make it crash even more. I would give up and just used main account which is ios but I have a diamond and am determined to get the hybrids
Maybe you could email support?

lwykt29
06-13-13, 09:42 AM
Just really want what iphone have.. makes it fair.. love this game but sometimes can't help but feel annoyed that i can't get some dragons unless i use money to buy the gold and then buy the dragon whereas iphone players can just trade and craft :(

[S8] Elsa
06-13-13, 10:16 AM
They fixed the text...but not the parity.... hmmmm

One of those things is considerably less complex than the other.

yayacupcake
06-13-13, 10:26 AM
One of those things is considerably less complex than the other.

Dragon Story New Dawn still has a screenshot that includes the boost buildings which we do not have... should get rid of that too.

rusticjess
06-13-13, 10:40 AM
Currently I don't care about the cool features on ios. What I really need is better function in my game. DS slows down my phone so much...when I play the game it lags dreadfully, and I mean DREADFULLY. There's an average of about a 4-5 second delay on everything, when I click something like breeding den, or try to scroll. It takes the game a long time to realize I clicked something or that I want to move. Nothing loads properly, my dragons are always invisible, etc. Yet all those ios people out there have wonderful, fast functioning games with a billion cool features as the sprinkles on top. I just want my game to MOVE A LITTLE FASTER PLEASE. It's really getting bad now

DevonM88
06-13-13, 04:27 PM
Currently I don't care about the cool features on ios. What I really need is better function in my game. DS slows down my phone so much...when I play the game it lags dreadfully, and I mean DREADFULLY. There's an average of about a 4-5 second delay on everything, when I click something like breeding den, or try to scroll. It takes the game a long time to realize I clicked something or that I want to move. Nothing loads properly, my dragons are always invisible, etc. Yet all those ios people out there have wonderful, fast functioning games with a billion cool features as the sprinkles on top. I just want my game to MOVE A LITTLE FASTER PLEASE. It's really getting bad now
I know there is a huge problem with the coding for the Android version, it's not well done at all. But with that said, it does sound like you need a newer, more powerful device.
Since I got my G-S4 I haven't had any issues with crashing or much lag at all.

Still, it should run a billion times better than it does currently.

mityaj
06-13-13, 04:43 PM
Wow, fourth part of the discussion thread and... nothing. Features aside, not even bug fixes to make it possible to visit neighbors without app crashing after each visit. I'm starting do doubt that continuing this discussion helps in any way.

montrianmaster
06-14-13, 06:41 AM
I just want the arena and albulm. then I can get the lightning dragon.

montrianmaster
06-14-13, 06:42 AM

My mom says Ios is more powerful than android.

elitaserina
06-14-13, 07:02 AM
I have been saving for over a week for the stone habit and I finally bought gold for the last bit and I have tried nine, NINE times to buy it and the game closes on me! Hello I am a paying costumer and I am very unhappy about this product! Am I ever going to be able to get this habitat or what? I'm so angry at this stupid game! what is it going to take? I wonder?

elitaserina
06-14-13, 07:30 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled it hoping that would help but it's happened four more times! I want this to be addressed! I am very angry somebody needs to respond to this issue!

amygdane
06-14-13, 09:15 AM

ios phones are not more powerful then all androids, I know by experience and my hubby is a programmer.
This is the only game I have some technical issues with, but not bad like some users are reporting.

silverdragon686
06-14-13, 10:35 AM
I hate to say it, but DS will never be the same on Android as it is on iOS. I quit playing the game on my phone, but picked it up again after replacing my iPod with an iTouch. It's much much much worse than you think. I thought it was just feature parity, but the whole interface is infinitely better on iOS than it is on Android, and unless they completely re-program the game there's no chance.
The new market is much better, a grid layout instead of horizontal scrolling (you can see multiple dragons at once, easily change between categories, etc). Moving objects/habitats around on the islands is smoother, plus there's a highlighted area so you know the grid boundaries. Even the Magic dragon animation fades in/out when it flies, giving it a cool disappearing effect! I wasn't expecting that. All around, it's a smoother, polished product. You can tell that all the work is going into this version.
So if you're hanging around with the hope that the Android version will be fixed...don't. Either get an iOS device, or drop the game. Just my $.02

rusticjess
06-14-13, 12:28 PM
I hate to say it, but DS will never be the same on Android as it is on iOS. I quit playing the game on my phone, but picked it up again after replacing my iPod with an iTouch. It's much much much worse than you think. I thought it was just feature parity, but the whole interface is infinitely better on iOS than it is on Android, and unless they completely re-program the game there's no chance.
The new market is much better, a grid layout instead of horizontal scrolling (you can see multiple dragons at once, easily change between categories, etc). Moving objects/habitats around on the islands is smoother, plus there's a highlighted area so you know the grid boundaries. Even the Magic dragon animation fades in/out when it flies, giving it a cool disappearing effect! I wasn't expecting that. All around, it's a smoother, polished product. You can tell that all the work is going into this version.
So if you're hanging around with the hope that the Android version will be fixed...don't. Either get an iOS device, or drop the game. Just my $.02

Wow, I didn't know it was that much better on ios. This makes me angrier.

yayacupcake
06-14-13, 12:47 PM

The Galaxy S3 was better than iPhone 5 BEFORE it was even announced, and now there's the S4, just an example. The iDevices were never top of the line... close, but not top of line. The only thing they have going for them is their brand name which, unfortunately, gets them support, that and their OS is different coding, don't know if that makes it any better...

06-14-13, 01:43 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was that much better on ios. This makes me angrier.

I hate to say it, but as a player who was on android and iOS, before switching both account to iOS, it really is better.

Like he said it goes beyond trading and crafting. Everything flows much better. No crashing or freezing. Well, Minus the crazy new update Thats useless. The picture is crisp. I could go on and on. Four pages now for parity and the Only couple comments have been, NON official comments. I know Android is harder to program for. I understand more now how all the different software versions, phones, and formats would have the game acting differently. BUT, if they know its not coming anytime soon, just say it.

I'd have realized personally that it won't happen, but some people are still hopeful. They need to end it once and for all by being honest to you all.

tuskmage
06-14-13, 02:14 PM
I hate to say it, but as a player who was on android and iOS, before switching both account to iOS, it really is better.

Like he said it goes beyond trading and crafting. Everything flows much better. No crashing or freezing. Well, Minus the crazy new update Thats useless. The picture is crisp. I could go on and on. Four pages now for parity and the Only couple comments have been, NON official comments. I know Android is harder to program for. I understand more now how all the different software versions, phones, and formats would have the game acting differently. BUT, if they know its not coming anytime soon, just say it.

I'd have realized personally that it won't happen, but some people are still hopeful. They need to end it once and for all by being honest to you all.

If you are using an older Android device forget about what iOS have, DS just not good for Android compare to iOS. If you have a chance to play on both device you will know what I'm talking. Why keep asking for something to put on your game & all you getting is game crashing. By now all Android user should know better not to comparing Android with iOS. Unless TL have a plan to rewrite the program, otherwise I don't see Android user getting those missing feature that iOS user are having.

annbluebird
06-14-13, 06:42 PM
... then they at last should rename the game, it cant be called Dragon Story, it should be called Dragon Story Android and Dragon Story Kindle and they should inform new players that they have a different version than iOS and well why not create versions completly apart to avoid false expectations... so new players wouldnt know why we feel angry and unhappy. practice segregation and park android users in an android version no contact with iOS players ! (a little bit ironic but..)

moostermine
06-14-13, 06:59 PM
... then they at last should rename the game, it cant be called Dragon Story, it should be called Dragon Story Android and Dragon Story Kindle and they should inform new players that they have a different version than iOS and well why not create versions completly apart to avoid false expectations... so new players wouldnt know why we feel angry and unhappy. practice segregation and park android users in an android version no contact with iOS players ! (a little bit ironic but..)
Oh Anne! That would be way too awful! I don't think I could stand it!
Come on guys! We have to keep the hopes alive!
Please Team Lava! Step in here and say something, ANYTHING shine a ray of light into the bottom of this pit of despair that we are falling into!
Android, Kindle and iOS players, that don't want to lose their wonderful nbrs, deserve at least an answer if not a resolution!

06-14-13, 07:09 PM

I think that's a fair....albeit sad...idea. Dragon Story: IOS and Dragon Story: Android. Both groups would still be neighbors. But as mentioned it would be widely known the differences between the devices and formats. Anything else is just torture.

kwhales
06-14-13, 07:21 PM
I recommended this a while ago. If they have no plans on fixing this game, start a new one designed for android and kindle.

We wouldn't be losing neighbors. Android/kindle could still play here, but fully enjoy themselves on a game specifically designed for their platform.

I think they would have more fun with this original DS, knowing its mainly for visiting and practice breeding, giving gold to friends etc. the stress and aggravation would be gone. Missing features wouldn't matter. Just playing would.

The new game would be their new frustration (you know too many features, too many dragons, not enough habs). Yep they would have to suffer with too much stuff. LOL.

Really TL. Think about it. Other companies can develop android games, why can't you?

MomsHouseofSweets
06-14-13, 07:28 PM
I recommended this a while ago. If they have no plans on fixing this game, start a new one designed for android and kindle.

We wouldn't be losing neighbors. Android/kindle could still play here, but fully enjoy themselves on a game specifically designed for their platform.

I think they would have more fun with this original DS, knowing its mainly for visiting and practice breeding, giving gold to friends etc. the stress and aggravation would be gone. Missing features wouldn't matter. Just playing would.

The new game would be their new frustration (you know too many features, too many dragons, not enough habs). Yep they would have to suffer with too much stuff. LOL.

Really TL. Think about it. Other companies can develop android games, why can't you?

Although I'm very much close to it anyway ... that would make me quit right off the bat! That's what we have now ... our own game of no features, nothing. I don't want to just go visit neighbors and practice breeding (I don't need the practice). What is being suggested is no different that we have right now. Besides, our poor Kindle players wouldn't be happy ... they have been given less that we Droids have! Nope, I'd quit immediately.

annbluebird
06-14-13, 07:48 PM
Although I'm very much close to it anyway ... that would make me quit right off the bat! That's what we have now ... our own game of no features, nothing. I don't want to just go visit neighbors and practice breeding (I don't need the practice). What is being suggested is no different that we have right now. Besides, our poor Kindle players wouldn't be happy ... they have been given less that we Droids have! Nope, I'd quit immediately.
I wouldnt stay too.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-14-13, 07:57 PM
kwhales ... are you Android? I ask, because if you are, you'd know that what was suggested is exactly what you're playing now ... no difference ... no changes. The only change that would need to be made is the game separated or sectioned off some way and "Adndroid" added to the game name.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-14-13, 08:03 PM
I sure hope you were just kidding.

moostermine
06-14-13, 08:05 PM
Moms! You definitely don't need practice breeding!
And you're right! The last thing we need is more segregation in this game! And although it would be very kind of them if they made it so android/kindle players " could still play here", if they could design a game specific to android/kindle that could have new dragons and features, they can fix this one so we can all enjoy the game together!

doop01
06-14-13, 08:09 PM
Moms! You definitely don't need practice breeding!
And you're right! The last thing we need is more segregation in this game! And although it would be very kind of them if they made it so android/kindle players " could still play here", if they could design a game specifi to android/kindle that could have new dragons and features, they can fix this one so we can all enjoy the game together!
That's what I think too. They won't be able to make any other game, android only, that is able to visit and play easily on ios islands if they can't fix the one we already have :(

annbluebird
06-14-13, 08:11 PM
Of course I wasnt serious with my suggestions, it was to "answer" to some who say that we must stop hoping for something. I really wouldnt like to play in my own corner

doop01
06-14-13, 08:14 PM
Of course I wasnt serious with my suggestions, it was to "answer" to some who say that we must stop hoping for something. I really wouldnt like to play in my own corner

Me either annbluebird, I like the neighbors that I already have! :p

annbluebird
06-14-13, 08:18 PM
Of course I wasnt serious with my suggestions, it was to "answer" to some who say that we must stop hoping for something. I really wouldnt like to play in my own cornerI mean I understand why some stop hoping, it s just to stress less or to enjoy more because we sometimes have a "brainbreak" and things can go far. I will still wait for something better even if I feel that things will not be fixed very soon. You know sometimes it s better to rebuilt instead of repair.

annbluebird
06-14-13, 08:20 PM
Me either annbluebird, I like the neighbors that I already have! :p
I feel the same, now I have great and regular neighbors and this is irreplaceable

moostermine
06-14-13, 08:24 PM

We know you meant that Anne! None of us want to stop hoping that's why we can't believe anyone would suggest Android and Kindle being sent off to play their own game! And certainly not just be able to "visit and practice" in the original DS!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-14-13, 08:28 PM
We know you meant that Anne! None of us want to stop hoping that's why we can't believe anyone would suggest Android and Kindle being sent off to play their own game! And certainly not just be able to "visit and practice" in the original DS!

I can't imagine any Android wanting that.

annbluebird
06-14-13, 08:33 PM
I think that's a fair....albeit sad...idea. Dragon Story: IOS and Dragon Story: Android. Both groups would still be neighbors. But as mentioned it would be widely known the differences between the devices and formats. Anything else is just torture.
I would keep one suggestion : tell the new android/kindle players that they will not have some features. because they are a lot expecting for higher level to get what they cant have. This would be more fair, I use to visit low levels and explain why they cant trade etc... I often see those questions on walls, I bet I m not the only one. I m sometimes tired to explain again and again, really

06-14-13, 08:51 PM
I would keep one suggestion : tell the new android/kindle players that they will not have some features. because they are a lot expecting for higher level to get what they cant have. This would be more fair, I use to visit low levels and explain why they cant trade etc... I often see those questions on walls, I bet I m not the only one. I m sometimes tired to explain again and again, really

This is a game but it does make me sad when someone asks how to breed an album reward dragon, a craftable, etc. Sooooo many players don't know the forums exist, so they look to fellow players for answers. I've even had players In the 80s and 90s levels, asking about the buildings on my island.

I started playing dragon first, but my sister really took to it before I eventually did. She would even ask me how I got this or that dragon. She'd become upset when I tell her its iOS only. She plays on an android tablet.

HenryLucky1
06-14-13, 09:29 PM

I think I must buy a powerful android device if I want to use quest and battle arena or storage, usually my device don't even show me my level, gold, coins, fruit, and always don't show all dragons! Also, it's really hard to move, when I swipe my finger down to go upper island, it goes to left or right or don't even move, so I must zoom out and tap something near the place I wanna go! Because of that now I enjoy to breed, evolve, and see some dragons.

Also, my sister and I promise to buy an iPhone, someday... :)

moostermine
06-14-13, 09:47 PM
I think I must buy a powerful android device if I want to use quest and battle arena or storage, usually my device don't even show me my level, gold, coins, fruit, and always don't show all dragons! Also, it's really hard to move, when I swipe my finger down to go upper island, it goes to left or right or don't even move, so I must zoom out and tap something near the place I wanna go! Because of that now I enjoy to breed, evolve, and see some dragons.

Also, my sister and I promise to buy an iPhone, someday... :)

Yes, I had to learn that trick of tapping to move on my android as well! That's why I think they should fix things so it's easier for people to just enjoy the game! Everyone on here that knows about computers says the Android IS powerful enough to run the game! You deserve to be able to have all the fun!

amicacordis
06-14-13, 09:49 PM
Let's face it. There are things that will never happen. They have not even been able to create the New Dawn Boosts and Goals. Features that were release...how long ago?

elitaserina
06-15-13, 07:18 AM
okay still can't build my stone habitat. it's egg has been sitting on my nest for three days now. where is kooky or someone? hello??

annbluebird
06-15-13, 07:27 AM
okay still can't build my stone habitat. it's egg has been sitting on my nest for three days now. where is kooky or someone? hello??
you can pm her I think or send an email to teamlava. dont know if it helps

lotsahelp
06-15-13, 07:57 PM

Oh bummer! Now i feel worse...i thought it was just some of the breeding stuff. They really should warn android users...why get us into a lesser version?

annbluebird
06-15-13, 08:53 PM
Oh bummer! Now i feel worse...i thought it was just some of the breeding stuff. They really should warn android users...why get us into a lesser version?
they will never warn android users because they can buy gold to speed and try to evolve thinking that they will get more features on higher levels.. until someone - neighbor or else - tell them the truth

HenryLucky1
06-15-13, 09:30 PM
It happened again
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/henriiluckii/Screenshot_2013-06-16-11-19-59_zps1be4c1fd.png

annbluebird
06-16-13, 04:13 PM
It happened again

I like your decor very much Henry but it maybe is too colored
Omg how can you play with all those bugs and things?
how patient you are!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-16-13, 04:22 PM
That's awful, HenryLucky! All the bugs that have invaded and are invading, really need to be addressed!!!

scottyhaha
06-16-13, 07:18 PM
Henry, wow!!! I think it's time for a new phone or something!

HenryLucky1
06-16-13, 07:24 PM
Yup, but I just 15 years old. I'll definitely buy if I have enough money. (It's tablet, I don't have phone)

scottyhaha
06-16-13, 08:22 PM
To ask your mom to get a iphone for you

HenryLucky1
06-16-13, 08:31 PM
To ask your mom to get a iphone for you

What? I'll buy an android device by myself, I'm not a person like that.

kwhales
06-17-13, 03:09 AM

Good for you Henry. I hope your bugs go away with the device you have. No one should have to buy a new device because of this game.

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 03:33 AM
Good for you Henry. I hope your bugs go away with the device you have. No one should have to buy a new device because of this game.

No no no, I play on tablet and my phone is Nokia (bought it 3 years ago), I don't use it except for take picture (the camera is good), so I must buy a phone ;)

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:59 AM
I send you all my respect

yayacupcake
06-17-13, 08:00 AM
It happened again

If it makes you feel any better I'm trying to re-decorate and all my stuff is disappearing unless I have them rotated in a way I would not like them to be....

yayacupcake
06-17-13, 08:13 AM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/Andvarix/2013-06-17-09-03-17.jpg

hamadrys
06-17-13, 08:34 AM
Things have been slowly getting worse for me too these last days. Terrible lagging on my own island, invisibility issues again (can't see any of my 4 Mistmoths). Such a pain !!!
Same problem as Yaya with some decorations, they have to be rotated a certain way, otherwise, they're invisible.

vozier
06-17-13, 12:21 PM
Crafting, trading and quest, thats all we androido users need and want,.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-17-13, 02:06 PM

Good for you, HenryLucky!!! I have a lot of respect for a young man who wishes to do that on his own!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-17-13, 02:07 PM
Things have been slowly getting worse for me too these last days. Terrible lagging on my own island, invisibility issues again (can't see any of my 4 Mistmoths). Such a pain !!!
Same problem as Yaya with some decorations, they have to be rotated a certain way, otherwise, they're invisible.

Geez, hamadrys ... that's the pits!!! I've had the rotation problem, but so far, that's pretty much it. I'm a very fortunate Android!

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 03:17 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/Andvarix/2013-06-17-09-03-17.jpg

I have it too! But, it's on Light and Pink habitats, Also Passion, Cosmic and Fairytale habitats. They don't even show that yellow line when I touch them! And some decorations..

yayacupcake
06-17-13, 03:30 PM
I have it too! But, it's on Light and Pink habitats, Also Passion, Cosmic and Fairytale habitats. They don't even show that yellow line when I touch them! And some decorations..

Oh they show up now. Guess it needed a day or two to load. The outline took awhile to show as well, was about to give up waiting for it then it popped up, think it took about 15 - 20 seconds to show. Doubt I could decorate without having multiple habitats drops off...

rusticjess
06-17-13, 04:07 PM

This is how my island always looks. I never see my dragons. Theyre invisible...

yayacupcake
06-17-13, 04:11 PM

Half of mine are always gone, lots of decorations and habitats like to disappear as well.

hamadrys
06-17-13, 04:23 PM

This is what I have in Monster Story 90% of the time. Useless to say, I've lost interest in the game.
In DS, Charm and Mistmoths are invisible, otherwise everything is there. Maybe tomorrow everything will be back to normal. My question is : why does that happen one day and not the other ?

[S8] Elsa
06-17-13, 04:28 PM

When you say you can't build your Stone Habitat, what's happening? Is it stuck on the timer?

It happened again
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/henriiluckii/Screenshot_2013-06-16-11-19-59_zps1be4c1fd.png

We test and play our games on a variety of Android devices and I haven't seen this happen. It's unusual. I'm not familiar with this brand of tablet. It looks like a graphical issue. Do you have trouble with other apps? If you'd like to send me a PM, we can check this out further.

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 05:46 PM
When you say you can't build your Stone Habitat, what's happening? Is it stuck on the timer?

We test and play our games on a variety of Android devices and I haven't seen this happen. It's unusual. I'm not familiar with this brand of tablet. It looks like a graphical issue. Do you have trouble with other apps? If you'd like to send me a PM, we can check this out further.

No Pony, I know it's my tablet's fault. But, I think I don't have problem with other apps
It's not happen everytime I open game, it's rarely happen

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:07 PM
This is what I have in Monster Story 90% of the time. Useless to say, I've lost interest in the game.
In DS, Charm and Mistmoths are invisible, otherwise everything is there. Maybe tomorrow everything will be back to normal. My question is : why does that happen one day and not the other ?
same for me. most time habitats seems empty but if I stay a long time they finally appears .. and disappears when I come back from my neighbors islands. Usually I see all of them after one hour playing in my island.
I can not see what my neighbors have in their nest or in their habitats unless I stay longer in their island but if I do that, specially on high levels or with a lot of decor lol my game crashs and I have to wait til the battery is empty to log in again. so I use to play with empty battery..
But true this doesnt happen every day. sometimes I m able to see my dragons quite fast..

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:13 PM
not speaking about invisible issues or disappearing things when I move them. it happens less often but happen.
I play on a new android phone and a tab which is one year old. both on android version 4.1 (Jelly bean I think)

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 07:21 PM
not speaking about invisible issues or disappearing things when I move them. it happens less often but happen.
I play on a new android phone and a tab which is one year old. both on android version 4.1 (Jelly bean I think)

What are those? Galaxy s3?

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:39 PM
What are those? Galaxy s3?
no :) tel is "Alcatel ONE TOUCH M'POP" - bought may 2013
tab is "Touch Tablet 10 Duo CT1010" - from december 2012
(must tell that I live in france so maybe you cant find them in others countries.. dont know)

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 07:45 PM
no :) tel is "Alcatel ONE TOUCH M'POP" - bought may 2013
tab is "Touch Tablet 10 Duo CT1010" - from december 2012
(must tell that I live in france so maybe you cant find them in others countries.. dont know)
Well, I don't know those device, just see in web and they're not really bad

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:53 PM
Well, I don't know those device, just see in web and they're not really bad
Yes, I wanted to stay on android. I like them. usually smooth and not much bugs in game except those I said. I m not used with phones and tabs, those are nice for what need to do with.
I bought the "alcatel" phone because it was not too expensive. (could pay it in 12 months for 7dollars/month)
The tab was a gift so I dont know how much it costed.

annbluebird
06-17-13, 07:53 PM
this is off topic maybe so we should talk about devices on the devices thread I guess :)

HenryLucky1
06-17-13, 07:59 PM
this is off topic maybe so we should talk about devices on the devices thread I guess :)

As long as it's about Android, I think it's not off topic

captmiddy
06-18-13, 12:58 PM
It happened again

Let me guess, you put a non-standard ROM on your tablet. I had almost the exact same thing happen on my TF101 with a custom version of Jelly Bean on it. This was why I moved to a Nexus 10 so I wasn't always trying to find my way to a new ROM to get closer to the most recent Google release. If this isn't the case it could be a problem with your GPU in your tablet. Mine seem to continue doing this even after I put the standard ROM back on, so I sent it out for repair and they replaced the system board.

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 04:52 PM
Let me guess, you put a non-standard ROM on your tablet. I had almost the exact same thing happen on my TF101 with a custom version of Jelly Bean on it. This was why I moved to a Nexus 10 so I wasn't always trying to find my way to a new ROM to get closer to the most recent Google release. If this isn't the case it could be a problem with your GPU in your tablet. Mine seem to continue doing this even after I put the standard ROM back on, so I sent it out for repair and they replaced the system board.

You're false, I've never changed my tablet's rom, I wanted to, but I afraid my tablet broken. I'm really sure it's gpu problem. My tablet already rooted, not sure if it can be a problem

codenameraven
06-18-13, 09:51 PM
Well that is either serious parity issue or your device is broken....

Parity topic as requested....Give us trading and crafting!! I can't breed any of these new dragons!! Stop giving new ones for awhile and give us updates!!

Other notes: i have decided it is impossible for me to breed diamond..mask...and any of new hybrids..angry about losing old non limited dragons(especially dream and tusker the last two originals i needed and quezetal i never even had achance to try for)...who knows if we will ever get them back.... I am tired of having non-expandable dawn tree area.... open it up for expansion or give us the dawn tree already!! How hard is it to make a tree?! You make new habitats and dragons like its easy peasy...oh and noy that I would buy gold but I haven't had a gold sale since I stopped buying it...what's up with that?

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 09:54 PM
Well that is either serious parity issue or your device is broken....

Parity topic as requested....Give us trading and crafting!! I can't breed any of these new dragons!! Stop giving new ones for awhile and give us updates!!

Other notes: i have decided it is impossible for me to breed diamond..mask...and any of new hybrids..angry about losing old non limited dragons(especially dream and tusker the last two originals i needed and quezetal i never even had achance to try for)...who knows if we will ever get them back.... I am tired of having non-expandable dawn tree area.... open it up for expansion or give us the dawn tree already!! How hard is it to make a tree?! You make new habitats and dragons like its easy peasy...oh and noy that I would buy gold but I haven't had a gold sale since I stopped buying it...what's up with that?
Anyway, they must release storage before they release other features, I know it's not big feature, but it's the most important feature

Oliver118
06-18-13, 10:02 PM
I'm Oliver118, and I play on iOS, but I've heard so much about inequality on Android and Apple that I want to put things right! TL, don't disable android users from doing stuff in Dragon story as it's unfair for them. That's because the only major update they've got is New Dawn (which is a pain in the neck, in my opinion)

However, it also works like that the other way around. Most of the new seasonal versions of TL apps are in the Play store, not the App store and on Android you get gems for downloading games, whereas on iOS you don't!

So please, TL, give us some equality between Android and Apple because I find it unfair for the Android users in this forum right now!!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-18-13, 10:16 PM
Thank you, Oliver18! Your support is very, very much appreciated!

moostermine
06-18-13, 10:25 PM
@ Oliver118!!!!!
Thank you! You have no idea how much your comment means to everyone here!

HenryLucky1
06-18-13, 10:43 PM
Okay, Thanks Oliver, I appreciate that

@ Oliver118!!!!!
Thank you! You have no idea how much your comment means to everyone here!
Umm....I have no idea too :confused: lol

The_Real_Chris_B
06-19-13, 04:31 AM
Let's get back on topic guys. All I want right now is a stop breed/hatch option. That should be ready to program in at least.

hamadrys
06-19-13, 04:48 AM
Let's get back on topic guys. All I want right now is a stop breed/hatch option. That should be ready to program in at least.

It will never happen. TL would lose gold like crazy. That is what gold is most used for : speeding undesired breedings and eggs.

The_Real_Chris_B
06-19-13, 06:43 AM
It will never happen. TL would lose gold like crazy. That is what gold is most used for : speeding undesired breedings and eggs.

You're right. I didn't think about that. I know this is a business, but man. Give us a little something TL. Stop using Android player money to create new features for iOS and give us something they've already has for months.

They say they don't make deadlines to prevent disappointing people but what do they think they're doing now by keeping quiet for months? Not even a post saying "we'll be able to update some Android devices soon, just a few more Android versions to work on. We'll keep you posted"?

I'm not saying I know this for sure but it feels like while they don't put up deadlines for Android parity, they have deadlines for iOS projects. Again, I do not know this. It's just what I feel.

yayacupcake
06-19-13, 10:16 AM
Bakery Story 4th of July Edition on Google Play, btw. 30g install bonus probably show sometime tomorrow... usually shows about 2 - 3 hours after new content updates hit ( which are still missing from their blog, even though it's tagged as having a dragon story update... )

yayacupcake
06-19-13, 11:26 AM
Ugh, ever since I heavily decorated my island it's been painful to navigate around. I'm sure this is a bad thing as well for my Android nbrs... maybe I should ditch all my decorations.... now I see what you guys have been complaining about... LOL, getting lots of force close windows now and heavy lagging / navigating woes.

CrystalDavid852
06-19-13, 01:01 PM
It would be nice to know if TL are any where near getting things like crafting and trading and that. They could at least say whether they aim to get it done by like 2017 or something as right now we don't know whether they are even able to. :confused:

jillusion
06-19-13, 03:42 PM
Anyone still waiting around for parity or comment from TL is dreaming, in my opinion. TL does what is profitable. Period. If they had the metrics to show the ROI was worth it for droid, they'd do it. Seems obvious to me that they are not investing there any more. Of course this is simply my opinion.

Those pleading very emotionally with TL are funny as this is a business. Not a charity or humanitarian project to bring together the gamers of the world to hold hands n hug. They will make their decisions based on money, not on over the top emotional meltdowns, haha. Again, my opinion.

hamadrys
06-19-13, 04:22 PM
I am totally drooling over Yin Yang dragon... But we'll never have it :'(

yayacupcake
06-19-13, 04:24 PM

Course not, tournament will be long gone if ( and that's a big IF ) we get the battle arena.

AzHadz
06-19-13, 04:28 PM

Sure we will, if we're willing to spend gold ($$)...which I hope no one here is willing to do so.

06-19-13, 04:47 PM
Sure we will, if we're willing to spend gold ($$)...which I hope no one here is willing to do so.

Unless that money is spent on an I-device no one will get it, unless they have the beta arena tournament. It's not in the market.

hamadrys
06-19-13, 05:08 PM

That's not happening, don't worry. Even though I purchased Clockwork, that was the first and last time I bought a dragon. I am not happy with the game right now.
Many other Ios exclusive dragon never came to the market anyway. Hammerhead, Leviathan, Samurai...all these are exclusive.

AzHadz
06-19-13, 05:16 PM
That's not happening, don't worry. Even though I purchased Clockwork, that was the first and last time I bought a dragon. I am not happy with the game right now.
Many other Ios exclusive dragon never came to the market anyway. Hammerhead, Leviathan, Samurai...all these are exclusive.

Let'd do a tally shall we? of features/dragons received for iOS vs features/dragons received on Android:

iOS: 15
Android: 0 (NOT A SINGLE NEW FEATURE to even attempt to catch up to iOS)

AzHadz
06-19-13, 05:19 PM
Let'd do a tally shall we? of features/dragons received for iOS vs features/dragons received on Android:

iOS: 15
Android: 0 (NOT A SINGLE NEW FEATURE to even attempt to catch up to iOS)

ok, being a little sarcastic, but not too far off. There are a few dragons that are available for both (not speaking of breedable dragons), but you have to buy them on android (Clockwork, Leviathan, any gemstone dragon, note we can't even buy Hammerhead, it's not in the market at all).

MomsHouseofSweets
06-19-13, 05:28 PM
ok, being a little sarcastic, but not too far off. There are a few dragons that are available for both (not speaking of breedable dragons), but you have to buy them on android (Clockwork, Leviathan, any gemstone dragon, note we can't even buy Hammerhead, it's not in the market at all).

Don't think you can count on those dragons that we Droids have to BUY if we want them.

AzHadz
06-19-13, 05:41 PM
Don't think you can count on those dragons that we Droids have to BUY if we want them.

I agree. And yet MORE NEW FEATURES for iOS (Tournaments) and still no progress on bringing Android version of Dragon Story into parity or fix the myriad of crashing bugs after visiting 3 islands (or so). Nothing. zip. nadda.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-19-13, 05:46 PM
I agree. And yet MORE NEW FEATURES for iOS (Tournaments) and still no progress on bringing Android version of Dragon Story into parity or fix the myriad of crashing bugs after visiting 3 islands (or so). Nothing. zip. nadda.

Of course.

moostermine
06-19-13, 06:30 PM

I wonder if they realize that "just" fixing the crashing issues would go a long way towards making the wait for other parity issues a lot more bearable?

amygdane
06-19-13, 07:20 PM
Not sure where to post this but since this is Android related, what is the '' Dragon Fly trap reward''? It's listed under the fairytale version description in the Google play store.

HenryLucky1
06-19-13, 07:37 PM
Not sure where to post this but since this is Android related, what is the '' Dragon Fly trap reward''? It's listed under the fairytale version description in the Google play store.

I'm curious too :D

AzHadz
06-19-13, 10:39 PM

Would love to know...yet another dropped android ball as we watch it roll away down the hill gaining speed as it leaves sight and falls off the cliff and into the ocean.

duff1
06-19-13, 10:47 PM
Another new release for iso! They didn't even care about andriod. Are they even working on android? Cuz if they working on andoid; why are they keep release new feature for ios!? I just wondering.

beejk
06-20-13, 06:48 AM
wow seems that i am really lucky with my andriod phone, i got samsung galaxy s plus and the game runs farm from smooth, need to wait 30/60 sec before i can see my dragons.but i never had a single crash.i got no problem visiting my neighbors (and allot are on ios).

duff1
06-20-13, 07:42 AM
wow seems that i am really lucky with my andriod phone, i got samsung galaxy s plus and the game runs farm from smooth, need to wait 30/60 sec before i can see my dragons.but i never had a single crash.i got no problem visiting my neighbors (and allot are on ios).

Well is becuz u not visited high lv player who have lot of dragon. Crush actually around lv 80-150.

kurebiz
06-20-13, 10:41 AM
No dragonfly trap. No new dragon today. And not even a footnote in the new feature thread.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-20-13, 11:11 AM
No dragonfly trap. No new dragon today. And not even a footnote in the new feature thread.

I don't see anything .... guess it's still Android = zero again.

AzHadz
06-20-13, 11:16 AM
I don't see anything .... guess it's still Android = zero again.

It would seem. Can't even tap an "upgrade" button on habitats on the android version of the game to upgrade to the Gold purchased ones. That means you have to have room for at least one habitat to build one of these new gold purchasable habitats, move your dragons, then delete the existing habitat.

If you've maxed out on your habitats, you have to sell any duplicate dragons to sell a habitat to make room.

Sure feels like android is continually ignored to me.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-20-13, 11:26 AM
It would seem. Can't even tap an "upgrade" button on habitats on the android version of the game to upgrade to the Gold purchased ones. That means you have to have room for at least one habitat to build one of these new gold purchasable habitats, move your dragons, then delete the existing habitat.

If you've maxed out on your habitats, you have to sell any duplicate dragons to sell a habitat to make room.

Sure feels like android is continually ignored to me.

Ignored is a polite way to put it.

AzHadz
06-20-13, 11:31 AM
Ignored is a polite way to put it.

oh, and Android doesn't get the Treasure Dragon or new Stained Glass dragon as they are iOS only.

One thing that really bugs me about that is there is a GOAL for these dragons. Why have a goal for a dragon that must be purchased?? Same on Android, there are a few gemstone dragons (ie: buy with gold only) that have goals with them. Hardly a smart move.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-20-13, 12:38 PM
oh, and Android doesn't get the Treasure Dragon or new Stained Glass dragon as they are iOS only.

One thing that really bugs me about that is there is a GOAL for these dragons. Why have a goal for a dragon that must be purchased?? Same on Android, there are a few gemstone dragons (ie: buy with gold only) that have goals with them. Hardly a smart move.

This foolishness may mark the end for me!!

kurebiz
06-20-13, 05:31 PM

The only ios dragon goals I have is for quartz...

AzHadz
06-20-13, 05:32 PM

Treasure Dragon and Stained Glass Dragon (the two gold dropping dragons that must be purchased for 800 gold) have goals on iOS. They are not available on Android :(

duff1
06-20-13, 05:39 PM
Just said TL released new feature for ios and now bam for Ios. Oh I give up. It hopeless to writing in this topic. It one is like show off topic.

hamadrys
06-20-13, 05:46 PM
Did Kindle just receive an amazing update or did I hear wrong?

MomsHouseofSweets
06-20-13, 05:52 PM

Yeah, me too.

emergRN
06-20-13, 08:14 PM
Did Kindle just receive an amazing update or did I hear wrong?

no i think u r right! there is a thread on it :-)
on a side note, i think a mod posted in that thread that they had to wait for approval from amazon...which makes me wonder if maybe tl is waiting for approval from google play or if they just ignoring us.

noir77
06-20-13, 08:26 PM
no i think u r right! there is a thread on it :-)
on a side note, i think a mod posted in that thread that they had to wait for approval from amazon...which makes me wonder if maybe tl is waiting for approval from google play or if they just ignoring us.
Don't think Google play is the cause for delay. If anything ios is more stringent with its store.

06-20-13, 08:59 PM
I came to the conclusion that the problem may be with google play too. Also, with I devices we all get the same software. But with the different android phones and devices, there are about 5 different software versions now. So maybe every version needs a different set of coding, which would take time and considered not worth the extra effort? Just guessing out Loud.

If Thats what it is I can maybe see where they may say its not as easy to program for android.

noir77
06-20-13, 09:14 PM
Fragmentation is bad between apple devices too. It's not just the software, but the hardware discrepancies too. Older iPhones are not bearing bearing up well with new ios updates. Ports between platforms are hard work I'm sure, but tl makes enough money from Android to pour resources into it. I think It's clear Android isn't a priority. The current latest version feels like a glitchy beta version. The store has nothing to do with a long delay.

The_Real_Chris_B
06-21-13, 01:08 AM
It has nothing to do with the Google Play Store and more to do with the different versions of Android and the different versions of Android devices. However, I'll go with the we're being ignored option that someone mentioned. Otherwise, why aren't we being told to be patient and that it's also coming to us eventually?

doop01
06-21-13, 02:42 AM
It has nothing to do with the Google Play Store and more to do with the different versions of Android and the different versions of Android devices. However, I'll go with the we're being ignored option that someone mentioned. Otherwise, why aren't we being told to be patient and that it's also coming to us eventually?
No, we haven't even heard that in a while......kind of indicates to me that we will never be on par with iOS.

DarkCreatureZ
06-21-13, 06:53 AM
how could that'd be difficult to develop this game to android? it just an excuse. this is the 1st time i ever heard game developer stated something like that. other game developers can do it so well in multiplatform.u guys can do it for restaurant,bakery,farm,nightclub,petshop and fashion story.i don't think it'd be that different. well,maybe i ain't in place to say this,but guys,IT'S UR JOB!!!
i love most of ur games.no..i think all android users who play ur games,love ur games.we appreciate ur works..and we trust that u guys(Team Lava) will appreciate us too by providing full features like for IoS.but after waiting and waiting,we still don't get the same privilages like those IoS users.we don't even nearly have features like them. juz stop or slower the pace for the new updates for IoS,and focus to fix things on android.do it step by step.make the development for android as the top priority,ur main objection. don't disappoint us more than this. bring out the progress of android development to transparency to ensure us that u really work on it. sorry if i was too harsh,but i want to clear things up. please consider my words, hope for a better android's dragon story update in the near future,thanks

roni122285
06-21-13, 07:21 AM
Yeah we finally got some kind of update but it's just the newer dragon types and pink as far as I can tell.... I don't know about feeding costs yet since most of my dragons are at the level I want but no new features so now we're on the same level as you guys on android. But hey at least it's a start and proves that they are working on our stuff at least, even if it is going slow.

revise
06-21-13, 09:54 PM
Nothing is being worked on obviously since this is the 4th version of this same thread with no new information for us. IOS has had several new features since this "discussion" (sarcasm quotes) started and were supposed to believe that we could ever catch up to them? All I see is the work load get bigger and bigger, so just admit that you aren't working on it and abandon these pointless threads. I've read more than one post from people educated in the mobile application development world who know as well as I do that you're full of [] when you fall back on excuses for how hard this is to do. I'm %100 positive that if people were actually working on this then something would have been accomplished by now.

kwhales
06-22-13, 03:52 AM
Nothing is being worked on obviously since this is the 4th version of this same thread with no new information for us. IOS has had several new features since this "discussion" (sarcasm quotes) started and were supposed to believe that we could ever catch up to them? All I see is the work load get bigger and bigger, so just admit that you aren't working on it and abandon these pointless threads. I've read more than one post from people educated in the mobile application development world who know as well as I do that you're full of [] when you fall back on excuses for how hard this is to do. I'm %100 positive that if people were actually working on this then something would have been accomplished by now.

Have a little faith. No one expected the Kindle update, then WHAM, here it is. Bet it shocked the Kindle players. So just maybe they are actually working on it.

hamadrys
06-22-13, 06:01 AM
Yeah, Amazon and its exclusive app store is renowned to be a pain. Many games are not updated on there.

DarkCreatureZ
06-22-13, 08:18 AM

i agree with u..if they actually put an effort to work on this,i'm pretty sure all of us will already seen the result by now.

wayneh23
06-22-13, 02:52 PM
Its never going to happen, i think they enjoy having the difference, i do not see why the gold giving dragons would not work on android but yet we can not have them, makes no sense to me.

texas5510
06-23-13, 08:24 AM
Couple of things that dont quite hold water in the Ios vs android parity coding issue.
One is that the themed updates are done with no problem for android as well as Ios. The fairy Yale update hit my HTC and my wifes S4 on the dame day.

Secondly thing as the previous seasonal updates. Secondly is the pay feature. The pay for with gold habitats are updated for Android and Ios. If it were so hard to have any parity for the two os it would be constantly difficult for ALL updates, not just the free ones.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-24-13, 10:01 AM
Couple of things that dont quite hold water in the Ios vs android parity coding issue.
One is that the themed updates are done with no problem for android as well as Ios. The fairy Yale update hit my HTC and my wifes S4 on the dame day.

Secondly thing as the previous seasonal updates. Secondly is the pay feature. The pay for with gold habitats are updated for Android and Ios. If it were so hard to have any parity for the two os it would be constantly difficult for ALL updates, not just the free ones.

I don't know anything about coding but yes, I've wondered about that as well. I've pretty much come to the conclusion .... they just don't want to.

yayacupcake
06-24-13, 10:52 AM
Tiger's Eye Dragon craftable, par for the course. Another dragon we can't get.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-24-13, 10:53 AM
Got the goal for Tiger Eye dragon, but it appears, from what the goal says, that this is yet another IOS exclusive and not for Android. If this is indeed the case, my time here has just been shortened again.

06-24-13, 10:54 AM

There are about six different versions of android software now. Different phone carriers, new and old, have varying options for the software. I think it makes it complicated to develop something for all of those different entities. Maybe they're trying but if its the problem, as I think, they can just say so. It would ease a lot or folks here Minds.

Considering how long it took for kindle to get up to par, it should be crystal clear that the problem is google.

yayacupcake
06-24-13, 10:58 AM
There are about six different versions of android software now. Different phone carriers, new and old, have varying options for the software. I think it makes it complicated to develop something for all of those different entities. Maybe they're trying but if its the problem, as I think, they can just say so. It would ease a lot or folks here Minds.

Considering how long it took for kindle to get up to par, it should be crystal clear that the problem is google.

There only needs to be one version really. Kindle's no different. Kindle = Android coding. It's just Kindle has Amazon's horrible approval process to wait ( rot, really ) through.

yayacupcake
06-24-13, 11:12 AM
Got the install goal for Bakery Story 4th of July.... now we just need the one for Fashion Story 4th of July....

moostermine
06-24-13, 11:24 AM
Tiger's Eye Dragon craftable, par for the course. Another dragon we can't get.

Got the goal for Tiger Eye dragon, but it appears, from what the goal says, that this is yet another IOS exclusive and not for Android. If this is indeed the case, my time here has just been shortened again.

You know, I used to think craftable dragons were special! I thought they were more precious to me because I had earned them, rather than just getting them through luck or fate or as a gift from the " great dragons in the sky" like breedable ones seem to be!
I didn't earn them! The only thing special I did to get them was that I happened to be playing on iOS!
So, keep the Tigers Eye dragon you had set aside for me, thanks! I'll wait until there are enough of them for everyone.
Not just those of us that have been good ( and by good I mean, we bought I things. And yes I'm saying that sarcastically!)

( and yes, I did get yin yang, but I consider that a bought dragon) lol

wayneh23
06-24-13, 01:49 PM
Great so another dragon us android users can not have without spending a lot of money on, i think this is TL's way of asking us nicely to go away, the gap between android and IOS is growing larger, i do not think they will ever close it.
Personally i have had enough, i have not been able to breed a new dragon for what seems like ages and was hoping that tiger eye dragon would re-inflate me, but i always had a feeling it would be IOS only and TL did not disappoint me.

montrianmaster
06-24-13, 02:37 PM
they said storage does not support android. but how come pet shop story has a storage for android and something similar to a dragon albulm? if they can do it for pet shop story why not do the same for ds. P.s iu don't mean to be offensive or anything.

Disel8
06-24-13, 03:00 PM
Yes I second everything you've been sayin,tigers eye is another slap in the face for android users! But pretty soon android wont be in the minority and they will have to start listening!!!

drahmedrob
06-24-13, 04:15 PM
Wow... There is three other threads that reached 100+ pages about TL giving the cold shoulder to android players...

jane92465
06-24-13, 04:32 PM
How about slowing down some of the overall changes to the game.... I mean you guys are retiring and introducing dragons at a rate that is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with! And use that time to bring android players up to speed with some of the features of the IOS... a gold dragon or crafting or SOMETHING that makes us feel a LITTLE bit more included. If you were a player and not the developer, you would understand better. Why should we want to spend money on a game that you will not invest in for us????????
Think about it.

codenameraven
06-24-13, 04:48 PM

I know .... its wonderful they try to trick noobs into buying dragons....I hate getting goals for dragons I can only get with gold ...such garbage... I virtually quit playing at this point...collect gold maybe twice a week ...harvest and toss somthing in the den.... I used to play everyday .... it is no fun anymore... too many new dragons than I can handle .... no challenge and overwhelming and no meaningfull updates at all....

kurebiz
06-24-13, 05:45 PM
How come all of you have goals for it but I don't?!?!

AzHadz
06-25-13, 12:17 AM
Still trying to Unicorn or Kitsune... with diamond/virtue on my android account...but getting a 2nd Black Swan and no way to trade it in for a nice large black gem to use for crafting a tiger eye dragon because I'm on android.

AzHadz
06-25-13, 12:18 AM
How come all of you have goals for it but I don't?!?!

I'm wondering if the goal was removed. I don't see it on Android or iOS.

wayneh23
06-25-13, 12:58 AM
did everyone else get a gold sale today, 30% off is not good enough TL i will keep my money till you play fair, i hope my little bit hurts.
Got to make you wonder that the only new things for us this week is a larger habitat for 500 gold and a new dragon that is 2200 gold we are not made of money, its just greedy.

beejk
06-25-13, 02:17 AM
i thougt finnaly an awesome dragon again, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its craftable only, but atleast we can buy it for around 50 euro. seems legit:(

HenryLucky1
06-25-13, 02:19 AM
did everyone else get a gold sale today, 30% off is not good enough TL i will keep my money till you play fair, i hope my little bit hurts.
Got to make you wonder that the only new things for us this week is a larger habitat for 500 gold and a new dragon that is 2200 gold we are not made of money, its just greedy.

Just 20% here

HenryLucky1
06-25-13, 02:31 AM
i thougt finnaly an awesome dragon again, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its craftable only, but atleast we can buy it for around 50 euro. seems legit:(

And in my country, it's my pocket money from my parents for 2 months!!

kimb220
06-25-13, 06:32 AM
Why are the buildings and Outpost quest, etc? Only for IOS users... Androids users spend just as much on these games as IOS users...It?s really unfair that these things aren't offered to android users as well. I'm on level 52 and it?s not like you offer an alternative.

funnyrandomness5112
06-25-13, 06:39 AM
Why are the buildings and Outpost quest, etc? Only for IOS users... Androids users spend just as much on these games as IOS users...It?s really unfair that these things aren't offered to android users as well. I'm on level 52 and it?s not like you offer an alternative.

As Pony said in the first page, the Android code is different from the iOS code because there are like 6 different platforms. It is not as easy as it looks. You have to remember, they are human, not supercomputers.

yayacupcake
06-25-13, 07:51 AM

As Pony said in the first page, the Android code is different from the iOS code because there are like 6 different platforms. It is not as easy as it looks. You have to remember, they are human, not supercomputers.

There only needs to be one version really. Kindle's no different. Kindle = Android coding. It's just Kindle has Amazon's horrible approval process to wait ( rot, really ) through.

See my response above.

yayacupcake
06-25-13, 07:54 AM

And an Apple 2e would've been faster than TL.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-25-13, 09:43 AM
I'm wondering if the goal was removed. I don't see it on Android or iOS.

It's been removed from both my accounts.

peteparcon
06-25-13, 10:19 AM
6 versions?

Can you enumerate?

I only know 1, Android OS.

Or you mean versions?

Well iOS alsp have different versions.

yayacupcake
06-25-13, 10:41 AM
6 versions?

Can you enumerate?

I only know 1, Android OS.

Or you mean versions?

Well iOS alsp have different versions.

Kindle version, Android New Dawn, Android Fairy Tales and Android Dragon Story... I only count 3 versions... but really they are all coded the same, Kindle = Android with an extra roadblock... Amazon. I don't see how anyone is getting "6 versions".

yayacupcake
06-25-13, 10:41 AM
Kindle version, Android New Dawn, Android Fairy Tales and Android Dragon Story... I only count 3 versions... but really they are all coded the same, Kindle = Android with an extra roadblock... Amazon. I don't see how anyone is getting "6 versions".

Ugh 4 versions I mean....

kurebiz
06-25-13, 10:58 AM

There may be different codes but that's no excuse for the duration taken. For months, all we've seen so far is the disparity getting larger. not smaller, as it should. We know we will never catch up. The thing is, should we continue to expect the disparity to grow wider?

silverdragon686
06-25-13, 02:52 PM

This is incorrect. There is one coding language used by all Android devices. It's not like Device A needs Language A, Device B needs Language B, etc. That's the nature of these scripting languages; they're meant to be used across multiple devices and platforms. And even though the iOS language differs slightly from the Android language, it's certainly possible to learn and know both (not to mention the programmers I know say it's easier to code for Android). The excuse that Android development is behind because of multiple devices is ridiculous. What that really means is that TL either isn't taking the time to promote developer cross-platform training or they're too cheap to hire Android developers. It's also possible that the existing code for Android DS is so horridly convoluted it necessitates a full rewrite, and that costs more time and resources than TL is willing to spend.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-25-13, 02:54 PM
This is incorrect. There is one coding language used by all Android devices. It's not like Device A needs Language A, Device B needs Language B, etc. That's the nature of these scripting languages; they're meant to be used across multiple devices and platforms. And even though the iOS language differs slightly from the Android language, it's certainly possible to learn and know both (not to mention the programmers I know say it's easier to code for Android). The excuse that Android development is behind because of multiple devices is ridiculous. What that really means is that TL either isn't taking the time to promote developer cross-platform training or they're too cheap to hire Android developers. It's also possible that the existing code for Android DS is so horridly convoluted it necessitates a full rewrite, and that costs more time and resources than TL is willing to spend.

That makes more sense to me than being told what we've been told.

Chocolat13
06-26-13, 01:42 AM
It's unbelievable that some people manage to find TL excuses: "it's Google's fault" "it's Amazon's fault" "it's Android's fault".

It's been months, for some features over a year, and nothing has changed. We don't even have the New Dawn tree, no one ever gives us news or hope and you're blaming anyone but TL. Unbelievable.

montrianmaster
06-26-13, 08:13 AM
It's unbelievable that some people manage to find TL excuses: "it's Google's fault" "it's Amazon's fault" "it's Android's fault".

It's been months, for some features over a year, and nothing has changed. We don't even have the New Dawn tree, no one ever gives us news or hope and you're blaming anyone but TL. Unbelievable.
what are you talking about. there is a dawntree for android. i bred it with forest and forest. though i sold it.

duff1
06-26-13, 08:21 AM
what are you talking about. there is a dawntree for android. i bred it with forest and forest. though i sold it.

They talked about golden dawn tree on the isle. Not dawn tree dragon. @@

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 08:25 AM

This.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=of0ODYvsKfAM7M&tbnid=FPsCnXo6d78a4M:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fipad.qualityindex.com%2Fimages%2F product_screenshots%2F640334%2Fipad%2Fmzl.kculxxmm .1024x1024-65.jpg&ei=yAfLUci6KOqDywHa2YHoCQ&psig=AFQjCNH3e-lwTPyM8A0BSdLoboTknVXJvQ&ust=1372346696715056

kurebiz
06-26-13, 08:44 AM

She's not referring to the dragon. The golden tree on one of the lower islands, in the middle. We don't see that, because its not available to us. Without that, we have no boosts.

moostermine
06-26-13, 09:31 AM
Like it! Good points and something for people to consider, hmmmmm!

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 02:24 PM
Hey cool, Jewel Mania now available for Android...

igames4me
06-26-13, 02:29 PM

get ready for headaches lol

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 02:53 PM
So just noticed... it's been 9 months since New Dawn was released on iOS. Babies time less time to develop and be "released". Isn't it about time that TL delivers?

06-26-13, 03:25 PM

Seriously? Free gems, yay! Or they better give me gems for playing on android, being that I did it on iOS.

AzHadz
06-26-13, 04:00 PM
So just noticed... it's been 9 months since New Dawn was released on iOS. Babies time less time to develop and be "released". Isn't it about time that TL delivers?

Interesting way of thinking about it...but yea...Gestation period is over...Time to birth that baby even if you have induce labor! :D

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 04:17 PM
Interesting way of thinking about it...but yea...Gestation period is over...Time to birth that baby even if you have induce labor! :D

I'm guessing TL's gestation period is that of an elephant O.o

AzHadz
06-26-13, 04:31 PM

I don't think most android players will stay around for for another 15 months.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-26-13, 04:33 PM
i'm guessing tl's gestation period is that of an elephant o.o

rofl!!!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-26-13, 04:34 PM
I don't think most android players will stay around for for another 15 months.

I seriously doubt it ... not those of us who have been waiting all this time. Newer players maybe, but I kknow I won't!!!

moostermine
06-26-13, 06:12 PM

White elephant or pink?

peteparcon
06-26-13, 11:08 PM

The new dawn app is an old version, very old version.
same with valentine's, etc.
The fairy tales app will soon be an outdated version once they release an updated regular dragon story app.
So it's still just one version.
They sometimes release a new version in a new app (valentines, fairy tales, etc).
If you mean platforms, care to elaborate?
There is only one platform that I know, the Android OS platform.
If you're referring to jelly bean, ice cream sandwich, gingerbread, etc, then they're just versions.
Just like iOS have iOS5, iOS6, iOS7, etc.
If you mean phone/tablet manufacturers (sony, samsung, amazon, htc, etc), then they're still using one OS but with a different theme/home launcher (htc sense, samsung touchwiz, sony timescape, facebook home).
So I really can't understand how could there be 6 versions or platforms.
Unless you're now referring to the different processors used (snapdragon, tegra, etc)?

kurebiz
06-27-13, 12:31 AM
there's a new gold goal for fashion story.

The_Real_Chris_B
06-27-13, 06:03 AM
Not like there's any use for them though.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-27-13, 09:56 AM
White elephant or pink?

Might depend on what its parents were. LOL

[S8] Elsa
06-27-13, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Elephants are awesome, but let's steer this back on topic, please. ;D

I don't have an update for you guys, but I wanted to drop in and let you know I'm still reading all the posts and sharing feedback. If you have something you'd like me to add to the main post that isn't already there, please let me know via PM. If you have a question about your post, please be sure to create a thread in Forum Disputes (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) or send a PM to a moderator or CM.

While we encourage everyone to share your opinions, please be mindful when you post of the difference between healthy speculation and defamatory material. If you're not sure, please feel free to ask. I feel it's very important to keep this thread open to collect feedback and create an outlet for Android users to share their thoughts. However, there have been a lot of behavior issues. Unfortunately, if the resources required to maintain the thread reaches an unreasonable amount, we may close the thread or increase the disciplinary action for repeat offenders.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or post in Forum Disputes.

Thanks!

06-27-13, 11:08 AM
The new dawn app is an old version, very old version.
same with valentine's, etc.
The fairy tales app will soon be an outdated version once they release an updated regular dragon story app.
So it's still just one version.
They sometimes release a new version in a new app (valentines, fairy tales, etc).
If you mean platforms, care to elaborate?
There is only one platform that I know, the Android OS platform.
If you're referring to jelly bean, ice cream sandwich, gingerbread, etc, then they're just versions.
Just like iOS have iOS5, iOS6, iOS7, etc.
If you mean phone/tablet manufacturers (sony, samsung, amazon, htc, etc), then they're still using one OS but with a different theme/home launcher (htc sense, samsung touchwiz, sony timescape, facebook home).
So I really can't understand how could there be 6 versions or platforms.
Unless you're now referring to the different processors used (snapdragon, tegra, etc)?

iOS has software updates but the basis is the same. With the different android versions they don't provide the same software and hardware for phones. So there is a huge difference. I'm too lazy to get more technical right now.

Sakuren
06-27-13, 04:17 PM
I understand that the differences in the Android operating system are the reason why Android users don't have all the updates iOS users do. That being said, I do think that there needs to be some sort of deadline. I understand that TL doesn't want to get everyone's hopes up but SOMETHING is better than nothing. Even if TL is only able to, say, offer Android users the ability to trade. It's something and I think that's what Android users, like myself, want to see. This issue has been talked about so much we're going in circles. What I want to see, and I can only speak for myself, is action (no matter how small it may be).
Thank you :)

Kevynsan
06-27-13, 05:36 PM
I would totally be okay with Android just getting the Spell Shop/Trading Portal (for now). That would give us the chance to get the gemstone dragons, and catch up while TL works on the remaining features for Android devices. Even if I never see the Battle Arena and Quests, I'd be content with the ability to craft and trade! It would be SUPER wonderful if TL gave Android & Kindle exclusive dragons (note that is dragonS, not dragon) that iOS cannot get....just until we are all on the same page. Nothing against iOS users, but it would be nice to have something exclusive that is more than a mere decoration. It would also show us that TL actually cares about us.

AzHadz
06-27-13, 06:01 PM
I would totally be okay with Android just getting the Spell Shop/Trading Portal (for now). That would give us the chance to get the gemstone dragons, and catch up while TL works on the remaining features for Android devices. Even if I never see the Battle Arena and Quests, I'd be content with the ability to craft and trade! It would be SUPER wonderful if TL gave Android & Kindle exclusive dragons (note that is dragonS, not dragon) that iOS cannot get....just until we are all on the same page. Nothing against iOS users, but it would be nice to have something exclusive that is more than a mere decoration. It would also show us that TL actually cares about us.

That was the most requested feature in the poll for part 3 of this thread.

montrianmaster
06-27-13, 06:59 PM
I sure won't be content. I want the arena and quest and album

moostermine
06-27-13, 07:04 PM
That was the most requested feature in the poll for part 3 of this thread.

Hmmmmmm! I think it's time for a new poll here! Just to sort of make it obvious which feature(s) are MOST important, in a single glance, when staff members come to read people's concerns?

MomsHouseofSweets
06-27-13, 07:13 PM
Hmmmmmm! I think it's time for a new poll here! Just to sort of make it obvious which feature(s) are MOST important, in a single glance, when staff members come to read people's concerns?

Well, if you get a poll up, I'm going to vote for crafting/trading.

scottyhaha
06-27-13, 07:21 PM
Just one say everything that iOS have :);)

moostermine
06-27-13, 07:28 PM
Well, if you get a poll up, I'm going to vote for crafting/trading.
Truly the most in demand!

Just one say everything that iOS have :);)
Also true but maybe asking too much all at once? Maybe just a few things at first would be more manageable?
Anyway! I'm not quite qualified to make this poll! Just thought maybe someone should!

HenryLucky1
06-27-13, 07:35 PM

Also true but maybe asking too much all at once? Maybe just a few things at first would be more manageable?
Anyway! I'm not quite qualified to make this poll! Just thought maybe someone should!

PonyRoar should make it if TL care

kurebiz
06-27-13, 07:42 PM

Agree with this. Don't expect everything to be immediate or for the backlogged features to come all at once. But trading and crafting would be the main thing for me. The rest can come later

wayneh23
06-27-13, 07:53 PM
Trading and crafting would keep me entertained and would keep me spending.

yayacupcake
06-27-13, 08:41 PM
Everyone knows that trading & crafting is the most important feature to us. Maybe make another poll asking " After Trading & Crafting, what feature would you like to see next?" Of course i think Dragon Arena would top that poll too...

HenryLucky1
06-27-13, 08:44 PM
Everyone knows that trading & crafting is the most important feature to us. Maybe make another poll asking " After Trading & Crafting, what feature would you like to see next?" Of course i think Dragon Arena would top that poll too...

Storage is the most important feature

moostermine
06-27-13, 08:45 PM
Yes, that's what it should say
Probably,arena would be the next want, but....is it asking too much? Would it be better for the crashing issues to be fixed first?

scottyhaha
06-27-13, 08:48 PM
Force closed and lag should go away 1st. It is already hard to move around more feature will **** the game.

doop01
06-27-13, 09:30 PM
Force closed and lag should go away 1st. It is already hard to move around more feature will **** the game.
I agree. If these issues aren't fixed first, then adding any of the other features would make the game completely unplayable for a lot of people.

BrandiPitts
06-27-13, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering has anybody using android been able to breed the diamond dragon. I have been trying for months with no luck.

HenryLucky1
06-27-13, 11:50 PM
I was just wondering has anybody using android been able to breed the diamond dragon. I have been trying for months with no luck.

I got it used Life and Mindvolt

wayneh23
06-27-13, 11:59 PM

Island/Firestorm

Turpsichore
06-28-13, 02:26 AM
Yes, that's what it should say
Probably,arena would be the next want, but....is it asking too much? Would it be better for the crashing issues to be fixed first?

Surely the crashing/lag issues aren't a parity issue. It's reasonable to expect if a company release a game to a platform that it will run properly on most devices using that OS.

I would posit that if Google were as unwilling as Amazon to accept badly shoehorned coding, TL would have been forced to either focus on developing the game properly for Android or remove it from the market.

Turpsichore
06-28-13, 03:30 AM
However, there have been a lot of behavior issues. Unfortunately, if the resources required to maintain the thread reaches an unreasonable amount, we may close the thread or increase the disciplinary action for repeat offenders. s!

I'm sorry, but TL really have to shoulder a lot of the blame for any behavioral issues. Android players feel ignored both in the game AND in the forums.

Perhaps, if there were some proper communication, the thread would stay on topic and the kiddies wouldn't act up in a desperate attempt to get attention of any kind. There have been well over 4k posts and do you know how many of them have been made by developers? ONE! Yes, one solitary, single post by a developer and even that one was answering an iOS query.

How about starting a thread asking for specific questions about Android development we'd like answers to rather than/as well as a discussion thread? Then maybe a poll to find the 10 most popular questions and have a developer actually answer them.

Come on TL, give us a little bit of carrot and a bit less stick.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-28-13, 06:13 AM
Island/Firestorm

Yes .. I did, but it was quite some time ago, before the breeding rules changed and it took quite a while.

[S8] Elsa
06-28-13, 02:03 PM

This defeats the intentions of catching up with parity, which is to bring as many features and Dragons to as many users as possible.

Surely the crashing/lag issues aren't a parity issue. It's reasonable to expect if a company release a game to a platform that it will run properly on most devices using that OS.

I would posit that if Google were as unwilling as Amazon to accept badly shoehorned coding, TL would have been forced to either focus on developing the game properly for Android or remove it from the market.

True, crashing/lag often isn't a parity issue. There are a plethora of different Android devices with different hardware and specs. While we do test on a variety of devices and try to optimize for as many as we can, older devices or devices with low end resources are going to have more trouble playing our games than a device with nicer specs. We look at these on a case by case basis and do what what we can to help the individual having trouble. Whether that means asking them to close down background apps or other troubleshooting.

The reason we investigate on a case by case basis is that we don't want to simply blame the device. We investigate to isolate any potential issues just in case. If there is an issue, resolving it would help not just one person but other people who may be experiencing it.

noir77
06-28-13, 03:23 PM
My ds crashes on HTC one, top specs though.

BrandiPitts
06-28-13, 05:22 PM
Thank you for replying. Good to know i have a chance of breeding one :)

moostermine
06-28-13, 05:58 PM
This defeats the intentions of catching up with parity, which is to bring as many features and Dragons to as many users as possible.

Can we take this to mean that the intent is to release all the missing features at once?

HenryLucky1
06-28-13, 07:01 PM
My ds crashes on HTC one, top specs though.

Wow...I read some HTC one users complained about the games are so bad on that device, maybe HTC one isn't for gamer

kurebiz
06-28-13, 08:53 PM
Wow...I read some HTC one users complained about the games are so bad on that device, maybe HTC one isn't for gamer

I'm using a one X and its not that bad. I think its also because their islands/the ones they visit might be too heavily decorated!

Kevynsan
06-29-13, 04:15 AM
Can we take this to mean that the intent is to release all the missing features at once?

I think PonyRoar was talking about making Android only dragons. On the flip side making NEW dragons exclusive to iOS users (I.e. trwasure, stained glass, etc.) Is also defeating the purpose of parity. Crafted dragons aside, IOS users have over a dozen dragons we cannot get. Fair is fair TL. Android and Kindle users appear to be the red-headed step-child of DS if you take this into consideration.

jallipen
06-29-13, 05:23 AM
Why would anybody want dragons IOS users can't get? Would it make you feel better? I don't want [] for anybody. "Don't wish for others what you don't want for yourself". I just want []pa-ri-ty! But with or without it, I'll keep playing. Lol.

Kevynsan
06-29-13, 06:52 AM
Why would anybody want dragons IOS users can't get? Would it make you feel better? I don't want [] for anybody. "Don't wish for others what you don't want for yourself". I just want [] pa-ri-ty! But with or without it, I'll keep playing. Lol.

Why would anyone want dragons Android and Kindle can't get? I'm not asking or suggesting dragons that will never be available for iOS users. I am merely suggesting that TL provide dragons that only we (Android and Kindle users) can get UNTIL parity is reached across all platforms. That way the playing field is even. Once parity is met, they can release those dragons to iOS users. Why is it fair that iOS receive all of the exclusive dragons? By creating Treasure, Clockwork, Hammerhead, Yin-Yang, and Stain Glass TL has defeated the purpose of parity. I list these because they aren't even craftable dragons, nor can an Android/Kindle user choose to purchase them with gold if they wanted to. It's a double edged sword...

moostermine
06-29-13, 07:20 AM
Why would anyone want dragons Android and Kindle can't get? I'm not asking or suggesting dragons that will never be available for iOS users. I am merely suggesting that TL provide dragons that only we (Android and Kindle users) can get UNTIL parity is reached across all platforms. That way the playing field is even. Once parity is met, they can release those dragons to iOS users. Why is it fair that iOS receive all of the exclusive dragons? By creating Treasure, Clockwork, Hammerhead, Yin-Yang, and Stain Glass TL has defeated the purpose of parity. I list these because they aren't even craftable dragons, nor can an Android/Kindle user choose to purchase them with gold if they wanted to. It's a double edged sword...
Here's one I made as an Android dragon, long before Clockwork came out.....

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/moostermine/233afaa594c387d96f153b1d8995580d_zpsaf6d4028.jpg

peteparcon
06-29-13, 07:21 AM
iOS has software updates but the basis is the same. With the different android versions they don't provide the same software and hardware for phones. So there is a huge difference. I'm too lazy to get more technical right now.
Are you saying an iphone 4 is the same as an iphone 5?

hardware is not, even the software is not.completely the same.

They may have the same iOS version but one lacks features the other has.

Apple is just labeling it as the same version but they're really not the same.

Enumerate the different android versions and I know Apple also has differences in their devices.

scottyhaha
06-29-13, 08:18 AM
Here's one I made as an Android dragon, long before Clockwork came out.....

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/moostermine/233afaa594c387d96f153b1d8995580d_zpsaf6d4028.jpg
Nice moo!!

moostermine
06-29-13, 08:20 AM
Thanks Scotty!

MomsHouseofSweets
06-29-13, 08:22 AM
Great artwork, Moos ... I can picture it in deeper jewel tones ... stunning. Suggestion: Date and sign your work.

moostermine
06-29-13, 08:27 AM
Great artwork, Moos ... I can picture it in deeper jewel tones ... stunning. Suggestion: Date and sign your work.

Aw thanks Moms! I should, I guess, wasn't really worried about them using it, I posted it in the suggestion thread for them to use if they wanted, but I had hoped they would do it for Android is all.

scottyhaha
06-29-13, 09:05 AM
I just draw one android dragon
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a618/scottyhaha/54B19F24-2D81-42C3-8061-E8F8446A768C-7660-00000412B0485B98_zps4ae08ea1.jpg

scottyhaha
06-29-13, 09:06 AM
Nothing like your moooo. Guess I'm a guy wants my dragon to look mean

moostermine
06-29-13, 09:10 AM
Nothing like your moooo. Guess I'm a guy wants my dragon to look mean

Scotty! That's way better than mine! I just couldn'tget the head right on mine!(wanted it to look like a gas mask!)
Yours is a perfect dragons head! And the plates of armour are wonderful!

scottyhaha
06-29-13, 09:19 AM
Thanks moo!!

doop01
06-29-13, 10:08 AM
Wow!!! Moo & Scotty! Both of those are awesome!!! :D

demon_xx
06-29-13, 11:30 AM
I don't know if this should go into android parity, but it's android related and there is no appropriate thread:

I would like to ask TL if they, in the process of checking performance on different hardware, could investigate how DS (and similar games - farm story, bakery story, fashion story...) acts on smaller screens. I am playing DS on SK17i which has only 3'' screen and generally the game is great, i was very surprised when I've red about various crash/lag/etc. issues here, my game runs smoothly, although when visiting 100+ lvl iOS neigbours with heavily decorated islands I have to wait a while before it loads and another while before all the dragons load. But the real pain is that almost always either interface or main graphic (island) constantly flickers, always one, and when it stays still the other thing begins to flicker, if I take my time and restart the game like 10 or more time I can eventually get it right and both things stay still but I am rarely that patient or even have the required time, so I would be really happy if this reached testers and developers ears. As I said this is not only for DS but for all storm8 games I've tried.

Thank you

vyler
06-29-13, 01:43 PM
I'm on HTC Evo and my game runs pretty much flawlessly. Although my epic scorpion dragon has a case of the invisibles, I'm hoping to toss him in the breeder and see if it fixes itself at some point...

TL has actually done a pretty good job of getting us at least limited access to most new dragons, even if we have to buy. If you look carefully, it's easy to see why we don't get some dragons, and others we do.

If it requires any system changes, we don't get it. If there is anything we have learned through this, it's that TL has a strict "no system change" policy in effect for android, whatever the reason. Look at ND, half the point of it was the extra stuff w/ the dawntree and whathaveyou, but we basically just got cosmetic changes or features that could be created within our current game system. For example, we don't get treasure because nothing in the version we have supports a dragon that makes gold. The other dragons are just a collection of numbers with a picture pasted on, so since we obviously already have the ability to load art and stats, they toss them in the shop. The other achievement related stuff, I think that's more of a gameplay thing, if we could just go buy it in the shop, IOS users would throw a fit for one, and it would render the features that give us those things pointless when we do get them.

So, based on what Pony said, and what we have seen so far, I am going to guess that the intention IS to create parity, and it WILL happen all at once. The WHEN is the question. So I would save your breath regarding the whole "just give us one feature!" plea, it ain't gonna happen.

BTW, Pony, thanks for chiming in earlier. I know TL has a strange fight-clubesque secrecy policy (the first rule of teamlava: you don't talk about teamlava), so I'm not expecting any new information or clarifications. Could you, though, give any hints as to why that is the case, or why it seems to be taken to such an extreme level? I've seen some pretty terrible accusations & stuff said regarding TL in these threads without a peep of response from anyone, but the normal forum faux pas get addressed like normal. It just seems strange that you guys don't try to defend yourselves. Not trying to be a smartypants, just really curious.