PDA

View Full Version : Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

OpeningCeremony
06-09-13, 09:40 PM
Level 241... fire moves level with lock & chain and portals

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ur9ds2.png

there are 2 different colored locks with a count of 39 each and 40 moves to clear out the fire. the color of the locks changes with each round, so be mindful of the colors that you need to focus on. 40 moves is really tight, so try not to make wasteful moves. i think you're in good shape if you manage to unlock the chain and have around 10-15 moves leftover. you're gonna need about that much, more or less, to clear out the fire.

so far no new features... but i can't believe i've finally caught up to the newest update of jewel mania. i feel like i'm always chasing the newest island!

OpeningCeremony
06-09-13, 09:52 PM
Level 242... digging timed level with restricted jewels, super dirt, and white blocks

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8ab14bb3-8cde-4b49-83d5-dee239769a20_zpsf337f532.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/3f75ac44-6303-426c-ac47-f85db5434fd1_zps1c153ddf.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/9016f295-e821-47f9-a94c-2296e01797e6_zps06185047.jpg

1:30 on the clock and the only tricky part is the funnel area near the goal line. because you have blast the last 2 pieces of super dirt. so if you can at least get one of them, maybe you can dig away at the regular dirt underneath to make the other one drop. otherwise you gotta blast or bomb these things. but we've seen this type of level before. still fun :)

OpeningCeremony
06-09-13, 09:57 PM
Level 243... fire moves level with portals

http://i39.tinypic.com/9a0pz5.png

40 moves to clear the fire. there are 2 portals in the center sitting on top of the dividers. i got lucky and was able to create a bomb and blaster combo towards the bottom and i cleared out all the fire. felt good to get past it. sometimes these fire levels can get stressful :) and the fire only spreads each time you make a move that doesn't put out a flame. the white blocks don't need to be cleared, only if you need a bigger board space to make moves on.

OpeningCeremony
06-09-13, 10:05 PM
Level 244... timed fire level with lock & chain and white blocks

http://i43.tinypic.com/nvxnrt.png

there's 2:05 on the clock. 3 areas of lock & chain. the locks on the left and right have a count of 30 and will always be the same color. the lock in the center has a count of 45. i try to target the lock with a count of 45 so that i can clear out the white blocks first, but it never works out that way. i end up unlocking the fire first (the locks with 30 count). so by the time i unlock the center lock & chain, the fire becomes unmanageable. my next tries, i'll try to focus on the 45 lock first. i keep getting really close with like one flame left. but the flames in the corners are hard to get because of the holes on the board next to it.

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 12:08 AM
In your photo of 244, there are only a couple purple jewels, and tons of red! Does it stay that way? If so, no wonder you can't help opening the middle lock/chain first. Wonder if it's programmed that way (to give you more of the "side/30-count" color vs. the middle/45-count.) Or maybe I'm reading too much into this screenshot, lol! ;) Hmmm...

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 10:49 AM
In your photo of 244, there are only a couple purple jewels, and tons of red! Does it stay that way? If so, no wonder you can't help opening the middle lock/chain first. Wonder if it's programmed that way (to give you more of the "side/30-count" color vs. the middle/45-count.) Or maybe I'm reading too much into this screenshot, lol! ;) Hmmm...

i'm thinking it might be programmed that way. in every round thereafter i started avoiding the side/30-count colors but sometimes it's the only match available. but every single round i always unlocked the sides first, whether i liked it or not! haha. i ended up passing it anyways but it'd be nice to unlock the middle first :)

i'll post pics of the rest of the island later. too lazy right now. but i've been super close on 246 so many times!!

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 10:51 AM
oh and on level 244 i forgot to mention there are portals on the board. so that kinda messes with your match making.

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 12:46 PM
Level 245... glass moves level with snakes and crates

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n9xfnr.png

40 moves to get rid of all the glass. there are 8 snake heads (4 snake bodies). there is glass underneath the snakes and crates, so all of it needs to be broken through. i got rid of the snakes by lining up blasters with their heads. bomb + blaster is of course great in this level so you can take out lots of crates and maybe multiple snakes. took me a few tries to pass it.

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 12:54 PM
Level 246... fire moves level with portals

http://i41.tinypic.com/2w4zo7s.png

45 moves to get rid of all the fire. there are portals in the center of the board which makes predicting jewel movement difficult. the bottom shape of the board also makes it tricky to get rid of the fire. when you make blasters in the center, if they are in the portal column, they can eventually be portaled to the left or right column depending on which portal they go through. so it's nice to make a vertical blaster in the middle, and then have it moved to the side columns. when you activate the vertical blaster on the sides, it can wipe out some of the fire down below. during a lot of my tries, i'd wipe out one side completely, but then not be able to wipe out the other side. another round i made a ton of diamonds, but it would leave one flame leftover which ended up spreading. i finally passed it with making blasters and a diamond. one side had one flame left, so i used the diamond to match it with a color that was next to that last flame. then the other side, i managed to get rid of all the flames eventually. sooo... now i am gonna go back and do some of the goals of previous levels and try to get 3-stars!!

yay! all caught up!!

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 03:32 PM
Awesome job! Congrats, 'weenie! ;)

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 03:56 PM
thanks!! some of these levels are a big pain to do over again! :p

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 09:53 PM
Oh, I know what you mean! There are many I'd hate to revisit. But at least if you get sick of trying on one level, you can go to any other! ;)

thesacredphoenix
06-18-13, 02:47 AM
Anybody ever experienced any glitches like this with those unmovable claw jewels? Basically what happens is somehow the unmovable jewel gets broken by a diamond or a special jewel, and then some of the matches around it go wonky. Like in this picture. The app actually freezes (or doesn't let you play) when the clock hits 0:00 and you have to force restart the app. =P

http://i.imgur.com/g2pf7y5.png

Phaedrakiki
07-08-13, 03:55 PM
Anybody ever experienced any glitches like this (...)

Weird! I had a very similar experience on level 174. You can see the photos I posted (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51244-Unicorn-Summit-Levels-169-174/page3) & the mod reply I got (comment #23.) I was able to match jewels, but they wouldn't clear/disappear. So, like you, I had 3, 4 jewels of the same color in a row. Also, the clock kept counting down, but at zero I had to force-close. I did the usual hard-restart, and re-installed Jewel Mania. Luckily, it hasn't happened again, though I've had some other issues. Lately, I try to force-close JM daily, and hard-restart my iPhone every few days as "prevention, lol! I get lots of freezing/lag issues, and my preventative measures seem to help a little. Knock wood! ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-08-13, 04:14 PM
Level 241: 24 fire in 40 moves (6JC-all jewel colors used.) Tried it once and the moves are very tight--didn't get close at all. I'm just happy to be on a new island, playing at my own pace (no timer!) :D Awaiting energy for more attempts~

Phaedrakiki
07-09-13, 02:58 AM
Omg, level 241 *****ed me! With only 4 moves left in the round, I set off a blaster + bomb combo in the 2nd row from bottom. All the remaining fire was in the bottom 3 rows. It should've wiped it all out, but instead it left one flame! :confused: Unfortunately, there wasn't a nearby match...so the fire began to build again. Wonder what happened--why didn't the combo extinguish all the fire? Hmmm...

Every other attempt at this level has been pathetic. With all 6 jewel colors in play, there's usually only 1 or 2 moves to choose from & lots of reshuffling. It's really easy to lose control of the fire, and difficult to open the lock and chain (L&C.) Special jewel combination opportunities are rare--but you have to have them to clear enough jewels to open the L&C. And as prev mentioned, you have to get the chains open with enough moves left over to extinguish the fire. But none of this is happening. It's gonna take some serious luck to get everything happening perfectly...& at the right time. Fingers crossed. Just "burned" through all my energies again...recharging~

Phaedrakiki
07-09-13, 03:56 AM
Ha! Wouldn't you know, as soon as I posted my complaints, I passed 241! I had only 1 energy to play, and it finally all come together for me! I was able to keep the fire low, make more special jewels, open the L&C faster, and then get my blaster + bomb together at the bottom (w/only 2 moves to spare!) And this time, the combo took out all the fire, lol! (Still don't understand why it didn't get all the flames that other time...ah, well~)

Level 242: Dig 7 meters in 1:10 (5JC.) They decreased the timer by 20 seconds (was 1:30 in prev post photo.) :( The clock on this is like a joke--not even close to enough time! Wonder why they decreased it...I can't imagine people were just breezing thru. Anyway, I really hope they put it back! Please increase the time on 242!

Phaedrakiki
07-09-13, 10:34 PM
Oh, man! 5 minutes of play...yet another round of energy's all gone. I'm not getting anywhere, barely have time to dig into the first bit of super dirt most rounds. I only had one very lucky 242 board--if I would've had those extra seconds I could've passed. I got to the goal line; had a diamond and 2 blasters pointing at the super dirt. Darn! How many rounds will I have to wait for that kind of luck again? And will I be able to move even faster to pass? Ugh! These timed levels make me crazy! So difficult, so stressful! 242 needs more time added (imho!)

Phaedrakiki
07-10-13, 11:30 AM
Aaaaarggh!!! This is crazy--nowhere near enough time to get through this in time! How are you guys getting through to the level 242 goal in just 1 minute? I need more time if I'm ever going to pass this!

Phaedrakiki
07-10-13, 05:59 PM
Wow, I can't believe I passed it! Finally got thru 243 with just a couple seconds to spare. Basically, if you can get past the first strip of super dirt (& have a little time left,) you can pass this. I used a diamond + blaster, which worried me cuz it takes so long! But it worked out...while the combo was detonating, I made a couple new blasters, which helped me get thru the super dirt at the end. What a relief--I hated that level! Well, the level wasn't really bad--I hated the short clock on it. I kept getting stopped at the 1st super dirt, and couldn't get a blaster + bomb in the right place to save my life (lol!) Only got one star--if they add some time, I'd like to come back to increase my score. If you notice the timer is better than 1:10, please post!? :)

Btw, I thought blaster/bomb combos created T-shaped blasts about 3 rows high. But in this level, if you set one off 2 rows above the super dirt, it doesn't clear it (but it does take out the middle part of the "t"--of course.) Is this the norm, and I never noticed? Or has something changed? Maybe the blaster + bomb does less as levels increase? Hmmm...will have to watch out, and maybe do some experimenting. Wish I had a second device--I always want to use my energies to move forward~ ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-10-13, 08:16 PM
Wow, I can't believe I passed (...) 243

Oops, I meant 242! Getting a little ahead of myself, lol... ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-10-13, 08:57 PM
Level 243: 18 fire in 25 moves (5JC.) Used to be 40 moves (in the prev posted photo,) a 15-move decrease. Bummer! Tried it 3 times, and the moves are extremely tight. I got down to one remaining flame once, but it's so hard to get the ones at the bottom, esp. the corners (due to the layout & little windows.) You pretty much have to use special jewels and/or a combo. And that comes down to luck for the most part...since the wooden wall/portals make it very hard to predict where the jewels will end up. From the looks of it, I'm guessing I'm gonna be stuck here for a bit...waiting on that perfect board that puts everything in the right place at the right time. At least it's not a timed level~

Phaedrakiki
07-11-13, 03:39 AM
Omg, I can't believe how I passed 243! I didn't even use a combo...all my special jewels just seemed to detonate at good times. I had a few bombs towards the bottom, & was trying to get a blaster near one to swap. But they kept getting blasted , which still put fire out (but not all-at-once like I needed.) Finally, though...I was down to 2 flames in the lower left and two in the right corner. 3 moves left. Made a match that cleared one of the right-side flames, then another that got both of the left-side flames. I thought I was gonna lose again. One flame left, only one move left--and no match nearby. But I looked up and saw a yellow vertical blaster (the 2nd column from right) in the top section. Two yellow jewels in the 1st column, above & below...like they were waiting to be matched with that blaster! So I made the swap, snuffed the flame, and passed the game--what a surprise!

Only one star, but I didn't do a single combo that round (wasn't even expecting to pass, lol.) So, the low score's expected! I'd like to get more stars, but this level should really have a few more moves added. It would make it more fun if you could play with the specials a little more, heehee. ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-11-13, 04:59 AM
Level 244: 10 fire in 1:20 (5JC.) They took :45 seconds from the clock (according to prev post,) even though it was already a challenge. Seems like they made a lot of changes on this island...making the levels tougher. Why? and, "BOO"! :( Especially making timed levels harder, which I consider cruel & unusual punishment! (Haha) Anyway, only had one energy to try it--didn't do very well. Opened the fire L&C, then set off a diamond + blaster, hoping it would get all the fire. While that was detonating, the L&C around the white blocks opened. But I didn't get the bottom row of flames... Gonna need more practice (or more time!!!!)

finnth12
07-11-13, 07:03 AM
I was stuck on 241 for couple days, then I got lucky found the diamond and I swapped with blaster. So I could unlock the chain and still had 22 moves. Once the chain was unlock its easy to put off the fire. I even got 3 stars on this level too...

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/2019e22ed7a3ddcaf0225dbd07ca786c_zps3c06cd78.jpg

aileeniweeni
07-11-13, 03:03 PM
wow so many 3 starred levels!! i don't think i've had the time to go back to previous levels to 3-star it! finnth can you play those for me and get me some gold ;) ?

Phaedrakiki
07-11-13, 03:13 PM
Lol, me too, me too! Will you do mine too, finnth? ;) (Yeah, haven't 3-starred since Abyssal Keep. Yikes!)

Phaedrakiki
07-12-13, 03:17 PM
Level 244 is driving me crazy! There isn't enough time to put out the fire. I don't know how others have done it. I guess you have to get lucky with the perfect combo opportunities at the right times (some before L&C unlocked to help open them, and some after fire released to extinguish it.) Nothing close to that so far. Really need more time here...

schnuffles
07-12-13, 03:29 PM
Never give up; never surrender, Phaedrakiki!!

Bonus points to whoever gets the reference :cool:

Phaedrakiki
07-12-13, 04:57 PM
Thanks! How about some gold instead of points? (Lol!) Um, could it be from Galaxy Quest? ;)

I'm not giving up (at least not yet,) but I'm not a fan of the timed levels as it is; they're so stressful for me. I think of them more as obstacles to get thru to the real fun--the moves levels! I love playing at my own pace, deciding which move is best, etc. On timed levels like 244, when there isn't enough time to even get close to the goal, it's no fun for me at all. Just frustrating. But I'll keep trying (for awhile, anyway...)

schnuffles
07-12-13, 05:24 PM
Thanks! How about some gold instead of points? (Lol!) Um, could it be from Galaxy Quest? ;)

I'm not giving up (at least not yet,) but I'm not a fan of the timed levels as it is; they're so stressful for me. I think of them more as obstacles to get thru to the real fun--the moves levels! I love playing at my own pace, deciding which move is best, etc. On timed levels like 244, when there isn't enough time to even get close to the goal, it's no fun for me at all. Just frustrating. But I'll keep trying (for awhile, anyway...)

That's correct: Galaxy Quest!! I'd love to throw you some gold, but that might be the end of my employment with Storm8! :o Timed levels are always a challenge to me, too - even those that I've designed - so I'm right there with you. All I can say is that I'll do my very best to make those timed levels challenging and fun - for everyone! After all, we at Storm8 and TeamLava strive to make the very best games and puzzles out there for y'all to enjoy time and again! =)

Keep the feedback coming, as I am definitely listening!!

fancyjewel
07-12-13, 06:20 PM
Don't give up, Phaedrakiki! I've been stalking (I mean following) your posts for months :o and they are all very helpful! I too had to get through level 244 after it got reduced to 1:20. It's tough but doable but unlike you I mostly enjoy timed levels... You might change your mind about them when you get to level 254. Only 3 colors of jewels are used so it's a lot of bombs, blasters, diamonds and explosions. I didn't pass it easily but I knew it was a fun level when I caught myself thinking I don't care if I ever pass it- it's too much fun to move on ;) I bet Schnuffles designed it :p What I strongly dislike is fire :mad: and certain doom jewels... OK, good luck! you're not that far behind and seeing how well you've been doing you'll be leaving me in the dust very soon :cool:

finnth12
07-12-13, 08:27 PM
wow so many 3 starred levels!! i don't think i've had the time to go back to previous levels to 3-star it! finnth can you play those for me and get me some gold ;) ?

Lol, me too, me too! Will you do mine too, finnth? ;) (Yeah, haven't 3-starred since Abyssal Keep. Yikes!)

Hahaha...thanks guys, it's hard to get 3 stars, I was just lucky maybe LOL. I can't go back to collect more stars too, I want to keep going to finish until I conquer all the island :) good luck to you too.

finnth12
07-12-13, 08:28 PM
http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/24cf5feab9439f2319d905c6a3d6dfc0_zpsa827ca7a.jpg

Finally, I passed! This last level on this island was hard, I can move on to new island.

Phaedrakiki
07-14-13, 04:15 PM
Don't give up, Phaedrakiki! I've been stalking (I mean following) your posts for months :o and they are all very helpful! (...) :cool:

Lol! Thanks fancyjewel, that means a lot! I appreciate the encouragement. The 3-color level you described does sound fun; I love lots of special jewels! I'm worried though...at the rate I'm going I may not get there. I'm not getting anywhere on 244--I'm just not very good at the timed levels. I'm not giving up quite yet, though. Thanks so much! :D

Gardienn
07-14-13, 04:26 PM
Lol! Thanks fancyjewel, that means a lot! I appreciate the encouragement. The 3-color level you described does sound fun; I love lots of special jewels! I'm worried though...at the rate I'm going I may not get there. I'm not getting anywhere on 244--I'm just not very good at the timed levels. I'm not giving up quite yet, though. Thanks so much! :D

Found you--level 244. Nice. Still about 20 levels ahead of me. :D

Phaedrakiki
07-14-13, 05:29 PM
Hi Gardienn, I'm stuck quite firmly on 244, so you'll prob catch/pass me. You've done it before! ;) Good to see you posting, was wondering about you... ;)

Gardienn
07-14-13, 06:16 PM
I'm still around, albeit not as much. The real world is good to pay attention to, and I had been hiding in computer games too long. Now they're side dishes or desserts, not the main course, always a good thing. :) Wether I catch up or not, I enjoy having you as my bar to aim toward.

Phaedrakiki
07-14-13, 06:17 PM
That's correct: Galaxy Quest!! I'd love to throw you some gold, but that might be the end of my employment with Storm8! :o Timed levels are always a challenge to me, too (...)

Lol, I was just kidding about the gold! And I wouldn't want you to jeopardize your job--espec in this economy! ;)

You guys have created a fantastic game in Jewel Mania. It's addictive and (mostly ;)) fun. The exception to fun--for me--is timed levels without any "breathing room". They're just too stressful for me. And when I fail to pass it over and over, and play is over in just minutes (energy limitation,) it's very frustrating. Plus, I have another problem with timed levels. Sometimes I can't swap jewels--my finger "slips" or misses the jewel somehow. Maybe my iPhone screen is getting worn out or something. Sometimes it happens just once in a round, sometimes multiple times. It's not a big deal on moves levels, but it's disastrous on timed ones.

I know I'm not alone in my dislike--there's a timed-level poll (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41281-Timed-levels&highlight=Poll+timed+level) showing 80-something % agree with me. I know timed levels add a challenge & variety to the game, I just wish the clocks weren't so short. And I'd prefer more moves levels over timed ones. I play JM for fun, to relax and get away from the stresses in my life. If the game is causing stress, what am I doing? I've been stuck on 244, a timed fire level, for days now. I'm having to force myself to play cuz it's no fun. In fact, every few attempts, I'm going back to prev moves levels with only 1 star to improve my scores (that part's fun, lol! ;) ) But like you said, JM is for everyone, and some do enjoy the timed levels (really energetic players? ;) ) So I'll keep trying on 244 (and wishing for "roomier" amounts of time, lol.) Thanks again!

fancyjewel
07-14-13, 07:30 PM
Phaedrakiki sorry you haven't passed 244 yet :( It sucks being stuck on the same level for days, unfortunately it happened to me many times... including now :o... Hopefully they'll add some time to it; it's a very tight and frantic level and I only passed it by "cashing in my good luck karma chips" Lol... You're making an excellent point - the game is supposed to be fun but 3 days in and cursing at the devise is not my idea of a good time ;) Maybe if we could replay the previous levels at no energy cost it would make it less depressing :p Schnuffles, can you pull some strings and get a little extra time for Phaedrakiki? We need her moving and giving good advice! Lol!!!

Phaedrakiki
07-16-13, 05:30 PM
Nice try, fancyjewel! ;) Appreciate the plea for more time, but no dice. It's okay, though...I finally got through 244 anyway. (Had to "buy" some extra time.) I actually got down to one flame, and since I never even got close before, decided to get out of that miserable level any way I could. Had to buy the extra time plus the extinguisher boost (since no match nearby.) But at least I don't have to play it anymore! And it seems like I'm the only one having a problem with the 1:20-clock, so no wonder they didn't change it. Anyway, I'm SO grateful for the encouragement & nice things you said. I wish you lots of good luck & more "karma chips" to save up for any frantic levels you come across. I really wish I enjoyed the timed levels like you. This game would be a lot more fun now that we're in these "higher levels!" :) Thank you!

Phaedrakiki
07-16-13, 06:11 PM
I played the entire Jewel Mania game without boosts--up until a few weeks ago. But I've had to "buy" my way off 3 (or is this the 4th?) timed levels lately. I think the game is trying to tell me something, like maybe it's getting too difficult for me? But this--level 244--is the last time I do it ("buy" my way through a level.) If I get stuck on another timed level, where it feels like I'm not getting close/unrealistic amount on clock, I'll have to call it quits. Unfortunately, level 247 is already feeling that way--it's extremely frustrating, and no fun (for me.) I'll give it a couple days...to familiarize myself with the level, etc. But I'm not going to keep paying to get through something that I don't enjoy. That's just not very smart, lol! :) I'm really jealous of all the players with fast fingers! :p

Anyway, I really enjoyed the 2 moves levels after 244.
Level 245: 38 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) This was SO fun, & a breath of fresh air after the last level. I had to try it several times to get the right board; the moves are pretty tight on this one. But it's so rewarding when you get your special jewels & combos working just-so...and take-out all the snakes, crates, and glass, of course. Gotta get thru the crates & **** the snakes fast. I used a diamond + blaster when I passed, but first a blaster + bomb at the top (when crates still in place) plus an extra diamond (or two? Can't remember, lol!)

Level 246: 16 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) The moves on this are even tighter--decreased by 15 moves (from the 45 shown in OpeningCeremony's earlier post photo.) So it took lots of tries to pass it, though I didn't mind (at my own pace--yay!) This level is also fun, but the portals add extra difficulty. As prev mentioned, it is cool when you create a blaster and it gets portaled to the sides so you can blast the flames! But I actually passed with a couple good ol' blaster + bomb combos...one set off on the left, midway. It extinguished all the fire on the left side, which allowed me to do the other one on the bottom-left. That one took out all the remaining fire on the bottom right. Exciting--love it! :D

Now I'm over on Country Express (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53655-Country-Express-Levels-247-252) island, getting my bootie kicked on 247. The fire on the timed level is insanely fast! :eek:

Gardienn
07-24-13, 12:18 PM
241 took me, I think, over a week to beat. Tough level. I just could not get all that fire out. Now I'm stuck on 242. I'm not making special gems fast enough, or the board starts out set up wrong so I'm taking too long to get to the bricks I need blasters to eliminate. Keeping trying...

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 04:28 AM
Good luck on the rest of Windmill Heights, Gardienn! I had a tough time on that island, but I'm hoping your "faster fingers" get you through the rest of the levels easily. (With your favorite degree of challenge thrown-in for fun, of course! ;)) Again, I wish you good luck & good fun!!! :)

Gardienn
07-25-13, 06:41 AM
Thanks. I'm on 243 now. I'm looking forward to having a go at your nemesis level.

Phaedrakiki
07-26-13, 04:44 PM
No doubt you'll tear it up, lol! Oh, that one (244) really made me crazy--SO frustrating. You'll do much better than me!

Gardienn
07-27-13, 01:28 PM
I actually like 244 and should have beat it this time around, but after a blaster-bomb combo (not the first time this has happened on this level) it knocked out all but two fire at the top of the board and to the side and under the fire would not fill in with jewels all the way to the end of the game. I couldn't swap next to them to put them out, so lost. So frustrating when bugs like that ruin a level and waste energy.

Phaedrakiki
07-27-13, 04:34 PM
How disappointing, Gardienn! :( I've had that happen before, where fire blocks jewels from filling in (making recovering practically impossible!) But not when I was so close to passing--that blows! Sorry about that. But I'm so glad you like 244. It's much better when you enjoy what you're playing, lol!

Yep, you'll be outta there in no time! ;)

Gardienn
07-28-13, 02:08 PM
Yep. Passed it today. :)

Gardienn
07-30-13, 06:16 PM
Finally off this island. Yay!

schnuffles
07-31-13, 11:13 AM
Finally off this island. Yay!

By "finally" you mean "oh darn, I was having so much fun with this area, too bad its over. Sad Face." Right? :cool:

Not that the next area isnt even more fun...

Gardienn
07-31-13, 02:29 PM
By "finally" you mean "oh darn, I was having so much fun with this area, too bad its over. Sad Face." Right? :cool:

LOL. I was stuck on 241 for way longer than I would have liked. ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-31-13, 05:16 PM

Uhhh, yeah....I didn't think that's what she meant, lol! ;) Schnuffles throwing out a little sarcasm, eh? :)

Yeah, Windmill Heights was a tough, tough island. Unfortunately, one of the worst for me...had to force myself to keep playing when trying to pass my nemesis level (one of 'em, haha.) This island's levels had players stuck for days/weeks, esp. on the fire levels (especially timed.) They can be incredibly stressful and frustrating with those really short timers! And then some clocks had been further reduced--even after the players who went before us complained about the difficulty. I feel pretty certain Gardienn isn't the only player to say, "Finally!" upon completion of Windmill Heights, lol! ;)

Seriously, though...why reduce the time on the clocks when players are saying it's not enough? Were other players getting through the levels too quickly? Or does it have something to do with the updates, & wanting to slow players down so they wouldn't run out of levels to play? (Like when Aileeniweeni created this thread it was the last island.) Just wondering, lol! And thanks again for this fab game we love!

VGailP
01-07-14, 03:34 PM
Aaaaarggh!!! This is crazy--nowhere near enough time to get through this in time! How are you guys getting through to the level 242 goal in just 1 minute? I need more time if I'm ever going to pass this!

Ugh, I am on this level stuck now. I see you were frustrated back when you were on it also. It is nowhere near enough time..seems about the time I get started..then time is over. No sure why they would decrease the time on this level!

VGailP
01-08-14, 07:45 AM
Uhhh, yeah....I didn't think that's what she meant, lol! ;) Schnuffles throwing out a little sarcasm, eh? :)

Yeah, Windmill Heights was a tough, tough island. Unfortunately, one of the worst for me...had to force myself to keep playing when trying to pass my nemesis level (one of 'em, haha.) This island's levels had players stuck for days/weeks, esp. on the fire levels (especially timed.) They can be incredibly stressful and frustrating with those really short timers! And then some clocks had been further reduced--even after the players who went before us complained about the difficulty. I feel pretty certain Gardienn isn't the only player to say, "Finally!" upon completion of Windmill Heights, lol! ;)

Seriously, though...why reduce the time on the clocks when players are saying it's not enough? Were other players getting through the levels too quickly? Or does it have something to do with the updates, & wanting to slow players down so they wouldn't run out of levels to play? (Like when Aileeniweeni created this thread it was the last island.) Just wondering, lol! And thanks again for this fab game we love!I

I finally made it off level 242,passed 243 easily, now stuck on 244. I am with you..WHY reduce the time by this much on already stressful levels!? It certainly becomes no fun..even if they added back half the time they took away it would have to help.

I see you are wayyyy up there now. I am still playing although not as much. I read the forum and it seems I am having a much harder time than some did on levels.
Happy new year to you!

VGailP
01-09-14, 10:49 AM

Seriously, though...why reduce the time on the clocks when players are saying it's not enough? Were other players getting through the levels too quickly? Or does it have something to do with the updates, & wanting to slow players down so they wouldn't run out of levels to play? (Like when Aileeniweeni created this thread it was the last island.) Just wondering, lol! And thanks again for this fab game we love!

Surely isn't any fun. A few times I didn't even get enough colors to unlock L&C. The times I have unlocked it happens to be when I have maybe 5 secs left..no time to even work on fire.

Phaedrakiki
01-09-14, 01:14 PM
Hi! Happy New Year to you! :D I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. You're so right -- it makes no sense, what they've done with some of these levels. They're so incredibly frustrating/stressful. Drove me nuts at the time! I'm on 482 now--been on the same level for a week or so. The levels have gotten SO hard. Lots of seemingly unrealistic goals, though eventually you pass them (although I'm really beginning to doubt I'll be able to pass this current one without the help of a boost or buying more moves--which I refuse to do!) I've been playing Candy Blast & Fruit Splash Mania--nice moves levels! :) Good luck, and hope you get thru these crazy levels quickly! :)

VGailP
01-09-14, 10:21 PM
Hi! Happy New Year to you! :D I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. You're so right -- it makes no sense, what they've done with some of these levels. They're so incredibly frustrating/stressful. Drove me nuts at the time! I'm on 482 now--been on the same level for a week or so. The levels have gotten SO hard. Lots of seemingly unrealistic goals, though eventually you pass them (although I'm really beginning to doubt I'll be able to pass this current one without the help of a boost or buying more moves--which I refuse to do!) I've been playing Candy Blast & Fruit Splash Mania--nice moves levels! :) Good luck, and hope you get thru these crazy levels quickly! :)

Lol, 482 seems millions of miles away :-)
I play fruit splash and candy blast some also. Fruit splash is pretty fun. I also love match the dots.
Although I ,like you, don't care for timed levels..esp timed fire levels..it just makes it so much more frustrating and stressful when they take that much time away.

irishdancer171
06-22-15, 07:37 PM
Omg, I can't believe how I passed 243! I didn't even use a combo...all my special jewels just seemed to detonate at good times. I had a few bombs towards the bottom, & was trying to get a blaster near one to swap. But they kept getting blasted , which still put fire out (but not all-at-once like I needed.) Finally, though...I was down to 2 flames in the lower left and two in the right corner. 3 moves left. Made a match that cleared one of the right-side flames, then another that got both of the left-side flames. I thought I was gonna lose again. One flame left, only one move left--and no match nearby. But I looked up and saw a yellow vertical blaster (the 2nd column from right) in the top section. Two yellow jewels in the 1st column, above & below...like they were waiting to be matched with that blaster! So I made the swap, snuffed the flame, and passed the game--what a surprise!

Only one star, but I didn't do a single combo that round (wasn't even expecting to pass, lol.) So, the low score's expected! I'd like to get more stars, but this level should really have a few more moves added. It would make it more fun if you could play with the specials a little more, heehee. ;)

I'm really hoping I don't have to keep waiting much longer to pass level 243....I've been trying on and off for a few MONTHS now. Gave up a few times as well....