PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 - Where's the paint?

Araleth
06-09-13, 05:22 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the game, but I haven't been able to get paint for quite some time. A bit annoying because the rest of the materials take up valuable space in the barn and you can't upgrade it because you don't have paint. Would it be possible to be able to store building materials in the cellar? Really enjoy the game and I understand that it is still developing so perhaps this will help. Also, for a day or so, I was able to see 6 pages in the newspaper. Now back to two with a 30 minute wait - way too long. Half that time would be great. I am using an Ipad2. Thanks very much.

Vanaustren
06-12-13, 01:29 PM
I have been able to "fish" some Paint from the fishing pond

jtm101
06-13-13, 12:20 AM
Lately i've noticed random building parts popping out of crops that i harvest, food i make, and animal feed.

Is this a new addition to the game or am i only now just noticing this?

It would be interesting to see if these drops are completely random or specific actions will trigger certain parts.

P.s. i got a paint, as well as i think either screws or nails.

littleonesmum
06-13-13, 08:39 PM
Agreed... I am struggling to collect paint and have no idea if it exists in the farm junk piles. Occasionally it's been up for sale, but I've not come across this item often.

littleonesmum
06-14-13, 04:34 AM
Lately i've noticed random building parts popping out of crops that i harvest, food i make, and animal feed.

It would be interesting to see if these drops are completely random or specific actions will trigger certain parts.

Thanks for mentioning this... I've been paying attention and just minutes ago received paint from harvesting wheat!

06-15-13, 10:44 PM
Tell me about it! Paint and the shovel thing are too difficult to obtain. I need one paint o repair my fish shack. And it's ****ing me.

maguar
06-16-13, 01:37 AM
Tell me about it! Paint and the shovel thing are too difficult to obtain. I need one paint o repair my fish shack. And it's ****ing me.

What are the materials so I can start stockpiling. Please

Araleth
06-16-13, 05:26 AM
Agreed... I am struggling to collect paint and have no idea if it exists in the farm junk piles. Occasionally it's been up for sale, but I've not come across this item often.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have just opened the second junk pile and received 4 paint! Badly needed so that was great. I did receive one after fishing for what seemed like dozens of times, but only one. The paint is out there - elusive but not impossible. I would like to see the ratio change for paint and shovels just a bit though. It's a bit frustrating when you are trying to expand and have lots of the other materials that take up room in your barn.

06-16-13, 11:51 AM

You wil need one nail, one screw and one paint. It may not seem like a lot, but when you are ready to expand to that area, paint will seem virtually nonexistent.

maguar
06-16-13, 03:22 PM
You wil need one nail, one screw and one paint. It may not seem like a lot, but when you are ready to expand to that area, paint will seem virtually nonexistent.

I'm currently short two for my next barn upgrade. May hold off on that for a little bit

jtm101
06-25-13, 08:05 PM
We are now getting Paint (and other building supplies) from Deliveries, as well as the usual maps and permits.

Hooray !!

maguar
06-26-13, 02:51 AM
I got one fishing today. That makes fish, coins, nails, planks and paint from the pond now.

jtm101
06-26-13, 07:57 AM
You can also get Hammers, so all building supplies plus fish or coins or dead hooks.

Stormie is selling 1 paint for me today, get in quick!

Sumercarefree
07-07-13, 08:26 PM
Hmm looks like I too need a bit of luck.
I had to open another account to help out occassionally.

freesiawoods
07-13-13, 09:39 PM
Used to get all my parts from deliveries now nothing but coins and papers. How does one get paint and nails and such now? Nobody is selling them either. The fish and moles are just too rare. My barn is constantly full does it mean i have to use gems to upgrade it?

jtm101
07-14-13, 12:32 AM
I still get all parts and expansion permits from deliveries, usually 1 paint per day. I do about 50 deliveries per day on average.

If your barn is usually full then you should be upgrading it and also selling more goods in the shop. My barn is only half full and i have to go shopping all the time just to keep some stock up for sale.

unicornqqq
06-26-14, 09:46 AM
where can i use paints and beams?

unicornqqq
06-26-14, 09:54 AM
Where is the list of material needed for building things,

Rynetory2
06-26-14, 11:03 AM
where can i use paints and beams?

Paint is for upgrading barn, open machine and shop slots, etc. click on your barn and click upgrade at the bottom of display, you will see the parts required for upgrade. Same for silo which needs wood, nails and hammers.

Rynetory2
06-26-14, 11:17 AM

Does anyone else get paint this way, from crops, food and feed? I don't but will be nice if I did. So far only got paint through deliveries, pond, butterflies, moles or pets.

lrleavens
06-27-14, 07:04 PM

If you are heading toward the mine, keep all your pickaxes and shovels for mining.

ghjvcucjb
06-28-14, 02:23 AM
Paint? What is paint? Pretty sure if it was important to the game we would see some occasionally so obviously it's not important to anything like upgrading buildings and adding slots for crafting or anything.

Sorry, feeling sarcastic at the moment.

AlexanderRex
07-01-14, 05:15 AM
I also need more paint - with the needed land deed items and cake part upgrades I keep overfilling my barn and cannot get paint to upgrade! Seems silly to have to collect two milks at a time, feed the cows and use in dairy with only two available spots open in inventory. :-)

Rynetory2
07-01-14, 10:44 AM
I have noticed there are more paints lately from butterflies and moles. Perhaps TL did something.

DocEE
07-06-14, 09:52 PM
Paint is a myth! A phantom item. It rarely shows up. Once in a very rare occurrence I have gotten paint from fishing or mining. Usually I buy it with gems I earn from train deliveries. It is very slow going especially when you hit those pesky gem traps. That's why I never accumulate more than enough gems to buy a paint can and immediately use them for paint. That way I don't lose too many at once to gem traps. Learned that strategy the hard way. I'd buy gems except for the traps. While I really enjoy the game to the point of obsession, I get very frustrated with the slowness because of the rare drop rates on one of the three items needed to expand land, barn, silo, slots, etc.

infinitelove19
07-12-14, 01:47 AM
I REALLY want paint, too!!! I'd be willing to pay a LOT of coins for it, too. I can usually buy parts (nails, hammers, planks & screws) in the store, but paint is scarce & almost never sold. Would love to see some changes in paint drop-rates and even a higher price in the trading post, so maybe more people would sell it.... probably wouldn't help much, but it couldn't hurt!

I remember one time I was checking the trading post and I saw the most beautiful thing EVER: 10 paint for sale.

TEN PAINT!!!! I was so happy!!!

Until I pressed it to purchase - My barn was full!!! (due to lack of paint to upgrade, no doubt!)
i hurriedly rushed to sell something quick to make space, but in the seconds that delayed me, the paint was sold.

SOLD!!!! I was so sad. :-(

I subsequently friended the high-level seller of said paint, but I have never seen him or her put paint on for sale again. Hope you all enjoyed my harrowing tale of close encounters of the paint kind. I imagine you can all relate.

infinitelove19
07-12-14, 01:51 AM
I have an idea.
Clearly, we all want more paint.
What if we could purchase a specific item that only gives paint. Every 5 hours or so. I know I'd want it & probably buy it, depending on the cost. I wonder what it should be though... I would think some sort of decoration, maybe a paint fountain, or something....?

What do you think?

LinnyVS
09-04-14, 01:40 PM
Yes for some time I have not been able to get paint so I can't fix the fishing shed so that I can craft bait so expanding to the fishing pond was a waste. I am on a samsung galaxy 4. Love the game though. Thanks.

lovettera
09-05-14, 03:30 AM
Sending deliveries. I send about 20 a day and now my barn is full of paint. However I don't get bricks to upgrade silo :(

bakerystoe
09-05-14, 04:34 AM
Some one I see him sell a lot of paints(I but 20 of them:)

ndtrance
09-10-14, 05:01 PM
I haven't seen a can of paint in weeks. I've been scouring the market but it's dried up for me lol.

tigarlilyvol
09-11-14, 06:16 AM
I got 1 this week from a delivery.

ginrae22
09-11-14, 02:38 PM
It seems we go through periods where we only get certain items. I tend to get a lot of saws and pick axes from deliveries ad rarely do I get other items. But who really knows!!! Maybe it is totally random. But yes I am lacking in the paint dropping for sure !!!

Hoila
09-24-14, 06:37 AM
Today is shaping up to be a marvelous day. I got 1 paint from fishing randomly in the pond. And I just saw the most beautiful and miraculous sight. I couldn't believe it; there were actually 3 paints in Stormie's shop. Not just a measly 1, or 2, but actually 3!!! It would be even better if Stormie is selling paint in ALL his shop slots, but beggars can't be choosers, I'll take what paint I can. :) Now I forgive Stormie for never stocking up on event parts (ie tree parts/shears) in his shop if he stocks paint in his shop :)

avian946
09-25-14, 07:06 PM
Does anyone else get paint this way, from crops, food and feed? I don't but will be nice if I did. So far only got paint through deliveries, pond, butterflies, moles or pets.

I was wondering the same thing I've never had paint or anything else drop when I harvest crops or collect items from machines. Is it possible this is just for android? Maybe if jtm101 could give details on their device?

yppahc
09-28-14, 04:48 AM
I was wondering the same thing I've never had paint or anything else drop when I harvest crops or collect items from machines. Is it possible this is just for android? Maybe if jtm101 could give details on their device?

I think that was mentioned last year so has probably changed.

I got 5 paints yesterday :cool: !!
One each from pets, mining, fishing, delivery and moles! That will may be it for a few weeks.

iLLUMI2012
09-29-14, 05:14 AM

It might just be Android devices. I run Farm Story 2 on iOS devices and have never seen paint or other items drop from crops etc.
On iOS you can find paint in the mine, in the fish pond, by sending deliveries and from catching moles and butterflies.

I was lucky enough to find some for sale in the Newspaper today. Thus I got 6 in one go which allowed me to upgrade my Barn. Sweet!

3cala
08-15-15, 07:13 PM
Drops have definitely dropped off since anyone posted here. Waiting forever for parts to drop now. One can only assume its so you drop some cash on gems to speed things up....

LeAnastus
08-18-15, 05:38 PM
Wow really I have never received any items from crops or anywhere else excepting the plane and then very few what level are you on maybe that's the reason your up in the top levels maybe ????

gigi03833
08-20-15, 05:38 PM
No I never get parts like you. I do get them once in while from feeding the pets!

LeAnastus
08-28-15, 02:16 AM
I do not get any paint it's crazy can't go anywhere with this game no land deeds no paint no nails no screws no hammers no bricks why am I playing?... Wasting time!

LeAnastus
08-28-15, 02:40 AM
I have never collected any items from Harvesting at all!
If your playing on an android you get heaps of drops but I'm on iOS ang get hardly anything,it's a time waster that's for sure
It's a shame this is a really great game if it was fairer😟

Maja_Madagaskar
10-01-15, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the game, but I haven't been able to get paint for quite some time. A bit annoying because the rest of the materials take up valuable space in the barn and you can't upgrade it because you don't have paint. Would it be possible to be able to store building materials in the cellar? Really enjoy the game and I understand that it is still developing so perhaps this will help. Also, for a day or so, I was able to see 6 pages in the newspaper. Now back to two with a 30 minute wait - way too long. Half that time would be great. I am using an Ipad2. Thanks very much.

W?re es m?glich, in der Lage, Baustoffen im Keller zu lagern?

Good Idea (trees?)

http://www.smiliesuche.de/smileys/grinsende/grinsende-smilies-0023.gif (http://www.smiliesuche.de/daumen-hoch/)